Overall Satisfaction with Procore
Procore is being used by our entire organization. We use it on construction projects from start to finish. We use the bidding tool to issue bid invitations to our subs and suppliers and to track their responses. When we start a project, we use the financial tools, the project management tools, the directory, and the daily reports. It is great to have all of those things in one package that is available online or with the app.
- Instant collaboration with the field staff and designers.
- Keeping information organized and formatted in a standard manner.
- Permanent record keeping.
- Uploading sets of specifications has improved but could still use work. It requires a large amount of time after the upload to verify each section is correct.
- It would be nice to have all of the tools that are online available in the mobile app.
- The process of preparing potential change orders is clunky because you are required to go to two different modules.
Procore is a better solution than either of these products. I chose Procore for our company because I had used it at another company and really appreciated the way it helped me stay organized. I also liked the fact that we can issue an iPad to our superintendent and he will be able to input his daily log, take pictures, look at drawings, review RFIs, etc. as he walks around the site using the mobile app.
We have definitely benefited from the collaboration abilities of Procore. I have trained our subs to submit their shop drawings and submittals through Procore which has reduced the steps it takes to process them. I am sending RFIs through Procore which again allows me to keep all of the information in one place. When the designer responds, they put the answer right into Procore and nobody has to remember to log it. I also greatly appreciate the daily log functionality. If I am unable to get a report in person, I can always look up what happened on a particular day.
- We have saved a very large amount of time which is appreciated because we are a growing business and each are wearing multiple hats.
- We are nearly paperless and project records all reside in Procore.
- Communication efficiency has increased greatly. Supervision can look up information and not have to call the office to ask for it.
- Gain visibility into projects
- Ensure information is accessible and up to date
- Document job site conditions
- Report on incidents and inspections
- Track cost impacts from the field
- Streamline financial reporting
- Improve forecast accuracy
- Simplify employee time tracking
The daily reports and financial reports are very useful. I use the forecasting features weekly to see where the project sits vs budget and identify areas where we may be headed toward an overrun or areas that may produce savings. Critical to a project manager. It is also nice to have employee time logged electronically so time cards don't have to be requested, turned in, and processed.
It is user-friendly and I have been able to teach new users (who may not be totally tech savvy) how to use it easily. In general, the way things are laid out makes sense and is intuitive. Since I am the person responsible for training new users, that is very important to me.
Procore is particularly well suited for larger projects. It condenses the project information in a way that helps prevent confusion with subs and suppliers and is a one-stop place to get the information you need. On smaller projects, the software is sometimes just too large. There are so many things that it can do, but on a small project, it is sometimes easier to just use less modern methods for project management.