Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
QuickBase is being used by the Compliance Department to monitor key metrics that demonstrate risk. Applications development include workflows for regulatory guidance distribution and implementation, corrective action plans, privacy disclosure reporting and vendor oversight. It is currently only used by the Compliance Department. While OTS software exists for compliance work, the available packages do not integrate well with existing workflows and software, and require substantial IT support and customization. This is costly for implementation and ongoing process changes. QuickBase allows us to customize solutions to ever changing regulatory requirements with very little effort or delay - allowing the organization to act in real time and it frees up expensive IT resources.
- QuickBase allows organizations to deliver information to staff that is actionable - creating a repository to store data instead of relying upon e-mail to communicate and store information.
- QuickBase allows users to workflow information seamlessly. Setting up an audit for example, requires the basic information be communicated to staff with actionable assignments being generated throughout the audit process.
- QuickBase has developed a significant pool of talented developers to provide support to a wide variety of businesses. It was not difficult to identify 2-3 developers that have experience in healthcare and compliance application development and support. One call and I have a new report capabilities or customized processes within hours - not days, weeks or months.
- One area that I would like to see developed is more integration with popular e-mail programs. There are many "add-ons" available that are customized by developers - but these could easily be integrated into QuickBase and packaged with the standard QuickBase subscription.
Custom applications for a number of processes are managed by the Compliance Department.
Without naming names, I have implemented software from two leading compliance software companies without much success in improving efficiency of staff and delivering better results. QuickBase has allowed us to expand compliance program oversight significantly without hiring additional FTEs. We've estimated that QuickBase has effectively added two to three full-time staff through efficiencies gained and effectiveness.
I would strongly encourage that organizations consult with QuickBase developers to create an application suite. The one caveat is that if your organization plans to hire QuickBase experience or has savvy employees to perform the development work, then it is fairly straight forward and simple. An average person can create an application with little difficulty. The benefits that can be realized from QuickBase are best gained through working with experienced consultants. I can say that after two separate implementations at two different organizations that you do not want your staff developing their own applications without creating a plan - consultants are invaluable in this regard.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
We've built our applications to meet exacting business requirements. When we've needed "tweaks" to the application, we have our developer complete the changes and send us test links. The developer usually responds to our requests within hours and we usually have no issues completing changes within a day or two - sometimes within hours or even in real time.