Scale Computing HC3: the best VM platformhttps://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-03-19T19:12:29.551Z
March 19, 2019
Scale Computing HC3: the best VM platform
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We use the Scale platform across multiple service assets. Initially, we implemented Scale for running virtual servers on our ERP system, we quickly realized we were under using it and added multiple virtual machines for other services with the company.
- The initial install was simple and straight forward, we purchased setup support but didn't need to use it.
- Virtual machine setup is fast and easy.
- The ability to store ISOs for new virtual machine installs is a great time-saving device.
- The need for backups of virtual machines is satisfied with the built-in redundancy.
- The firmware update process requires a complete restart if the system. The ability to schedule upgrades would be great.
- The UI is a bit cumbersome, using icons instead of labels is not SOP but it works.
Scale support is great. I've never had an instance where I couldn't get a live person online in minutes. Awesome tech support.
With the Scale platform, we have been able to run through staffed upgrades of our ERP Staten in days. Previously, this process too months because of physical hardware limitations.
- We have been able to retire multiple servers instead of replacing them. This has saved 10s of thousands of dollars.
- We have been able to test separately and combine services to find the perfect balance. This would previously have required multiple official servers.