Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
We currently use Smartsheet in most departments. We use it for project management, scheduling, list management, and for some minor spreadsheet work. Sometimes we use it as a replacement for tools like Google Sheets, though it is not meant to be just a spreadsheet tool and does not work perfectly that way. It is much better described as a spreadsheet or data table version of Trello, JIRA, Asana, monday.com, etc.It is one of the most versatile and useful tools we have.
- Formulas. While not as robust as Excel, the formulas offered in Smartsheet are quite good.
- Team collaboration. Multiple teammates can access and work on the same sheet at once.
- Templates. The standard templates meet all my needs, and are a great guide for what Smartsheet is intended for and the problems it is best suited for solving.
- Project management. It is great for creating, assigning, monitoring, and tracking tasks and projects.
- Project management. I wish you could assign multiple teammates to the same task/row.
- It is much like a database. Columns are fields, rows are records. This is why formula capabilities are lacking.
- It has helped us manage our time better. We are able to track exactly how much time our team spends completing tasks for other departments. We also track how much time we spend on last-minute, emergency projects. This has significantly helped us improve our communication and lower the amount of "fire drills."
- It helps us manage our ad budget.
- We have used it to create a master index of all of our website content, categorized in about 5 different ways (content type, industry relevance, product module, pain points, etc.). Our sales teams have access to this sheet and use it to quickly find the website resource that is perfect for their prospects' situation. They no longer come to the marketing team asking us for a case study that touches on a given topic.
Smartsheet is very robust, and allows much more customization. It is not as user friendly, and takes more time to understand and get used to. Smartsheet integrates with just about all of these other tools. One of the best things about Smartsheet is that it can integrate with Salesforce, taking away the need for more Salesforce licenses, and allowing for mass data edits.
I have not contacted support very many times, so I just don't have much to go off of on this.
Do you think Smartsheet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Smartsheet's feature set?
Did Smartsheet live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Smartsheet go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Smartsheet again?