Fast and easy automation
March 26, 2019
Fast and easy automation
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Workato
Workato is primarily being used as an automation and integration tool. We used it for the following use-cases:
- Foreign currency rate integration and triangulation. We are receiving an XML file from our parent company on a daily basis and we integrate the rates into Netsuite. As an additional requirement, we have to perform a currency triangulation for some currency pairs which don't exist on the source file. Workato was able to perform the calculation with a simple formula.
- Customer on-boarding from Salesforce into Netsuite.
- Transfer XML file from Netsuite to bank sFTP with sign and encrypt. One requirement is to message the user through Slack whether the file transfer is a success or failure.
- Integrate cash payments from Excel into Netsuite by creating a callable recipe. With the callable recipe, we were able to use our existing Excel tools without a complete redesign. We simply changed the ERP API connectors that we use to bring over payment records into our new ERP system.
- Using Slack workbot to get customer information from Netsuite. Users may now get customer balances or transactions through Slack by just typing in keywords. They no longer have to log into Netsuite. This is particularly helpful if a customer support person is talking with a customer over the phone.
- Process automation with multiple SaaS applications. It's easy to move records from one SaaS application to another.
- User-friendly. Users need minimal technical knowledge to start using Workato. The workflow-oriented user interface makes the recipe easy to understand. The recipe is described in plain English and not in some technical jargon.
- It has a look of built-in functions which are particularly helpful for non-technical users. I've seen functions in Workato which are usually not readily available in some other tools like.
- Slack workbot integration. Easy to create recipes and Wizard-based recipe creation is available for beginners.
- Technical support is 5 out of 5. They are always available on the chat room whenever you need them.
- I would be nice to have a more automated deployment process like automatically changing connections when a recipe is deployed into prod.
- Faster time to market versus other integration tools.
- No need for technical experts. Business users can use the tool.
- No negative impacts, so far.
Workato Feature Ratings
- Exchange rate triangulation and integration into Netsuite.
- Salesforce integration.
- Slack workbot.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using