APS Reviews

Jennifer Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 13, 2020

My APS Review

Pros and Cons

• New hire implementation.
  • News distribution and postings.
  • Employee reporting.
  • Recording training, this is tedious as you have to put it in individually and cannot put in a class of 150 all at once.
  • Onboarding, there is no onboarding program in APS.
Read Jennifer Beck's full review
Chandaline Penn | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

My APS Review

Pros and Cons

• APS takes care of payroll taxes when I process payroll
  • APS allows one place to see everything going on with an employee
  • I have used some other systems that had more functionality, so it would be nice if a few more things were available, more frequent upgrades
  • The system times out too often and I have to enter my login information each time
Read Chandaline Penn's full review
Melissa Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 30, 2019

APS Review

• Costumer service is fantastic
  • The system has been pretty customizable for what we need.
  • The system seems to throw glitches sometimes, not allowing things to save properly.
Read Melissa Jones's full review
Chanell Clayton | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 14, 2016

APS has helped me be more efficient and organized with employee records and payroll.

Pros and Cons

• The employees at APS have always responded in a timely manner when I have questions or issues to address.
  • When I am experiencing difficulty with the system and unable to resolve on my own my account a representative will take care of it on her end and follow up to make sure the problem doesn't continue to occur.
  • A lot of items are manually entered especially in the time and attendance system. If the payroll system could automatically pull from time and attendance that would be great.
  • It would help if the Tab or Enter key would take you to the next entry where you could begin typing without having to backspace the keys to the beginning of the box.
Read Chanell Clayton's full review
Ronald D. Tompkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 12, 2016

Growing Ambitious Company? Read this Review.

Pros and Cons

• It's fast and intuitive. Our previous contractors were ADP and Paychex and neither were intuitive. Our payroll runs have less errors now than with previous vendors. Payroll prep time is down from 5 hours with ADP to 2 hours with APS for the HR Manager.
  • The limiters are great. I'm always afraid of that error that no one caught. Let's assume that you add a $200 limiter to overtime. Any time that a staff member is about to receive more than $200 in overtime for that pay period, a red flag goes up for the HR manager to double check.
  • We have 3 programs in public schools that block certain ports. APS has a 2nd feature using GPS so that staff can only check in for their shift while they are in the designated GPS range. Great for someone who has to report to a remote location. Just add the GPS coordinates and they can't check until they get to the project.
  • Stratus Time lets you quickly scroll through the entire staff list. The APS system has an extra step. A small issue.
  • Stratus Time lets you create a template for a salaried staff and simply add days with that template. APS requires a hand created entry for each checkin
Read Ronald D. Tompkins's full review
Sandy Wright | TrustRadius Reviewer

APS is a great choice!

Pros and Cons

• Their customer service is fabulous. They are always very friendly and quick to answer questions.
  • Their website is easy to navigate. There are also customizable screens for faster navigation to items used more often.
  • Very easy to edit and add information about employees.
  • I would like to see a totals column on the page where I enter hours. For example "john" worked 36 regular hours and took 4 vacation hours. I would like a column showing 40 hours.
Read Sandy Wright's full review
Lynn Hooper, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 20, 2016

APS is the best out there!

Pros and Cons

• Customer Service! I have worked with them through three implementations one for use and two for associated companies. Even though we are not a large company I always felt like there number one priority.
  • Intuitive Software. I find the software easy to navigate and understand. You can tell the designers were experienced with payroll.
  • The updates are great! They keep getting better over time.
  • Their tax department is the weakest department. They are quick to respond but are not always right.
  • The benefit administration still needs works. It will not accommodate all of our benefits right now or special enrollments.
  • Some of the reporting can be inaccurate.
Read Lynn Hooper, PHR's full review
Robert W. Hartmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 20, 2016

APS OnLine provides users a cost-effective solution to timekeeping/payroll needs

• Easy Set-Up process for new employees and terminating employees
  • Powerful reporting options to quickly create and retain reports that can be modified by time periods, departments, positions
  • Allows picture imports to be able to put a face with a name
  • Updates regularly correcting minor bugs along the way.
  • Friendly support staff
  • System can get bogged down when a lot of users are reviewing/correcting payroll hours, such as "Critical Monday", the day managers go in and review/approve times from the previous 2 week period.
  • I try to use on my Iphone 6 and IPad from home and am unable to run reports from those devices. I can see data in it's raw form but when you try to drill down, the device will not process the commands.
Read Robert W. Hartmann's full review
Susan Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2016

APS OnLine is the right one for me!

Pros and Cons

• I believe that the most important thing that APS OnLine does is provided by the people who help with the initial setups, training with explanations of how everything works and the continuing support that their staff provides. They are very competent in their respective areas and are a pleasure to work with.
  • The actual payroll processing is excellent, especially with the ability of having online recording of employee clock-ins/outs and the ability to review employee timecards on a daily basis.
  • The Human Resources Console is also a big win for us as we are not a large corporation and do not have an actual Human Resources department. Our accounting department employees must handle both the accounting function and the administration of the Human Resources benefits. Having the HR Console makes it much easier to keep track of the benefits and who is receiving them.
  • I really don't have any complaints about APS OnLine. I had spent a lot of time reviewing several payroll services long before I decided on using APS OnLine. I am very satisfied that my decision was the right one for our organization.
Read Susan Johnson's full review
Patricia Riedlinger | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 14, 2016

Get the payroll done fast and easy!

Pros and Cons

• We do not have to deal with awaiting the arrival of paychecks through FedEx or UPS, which includes an extra expense. We print right here in our office, when we are ready.
  • Should we need to print an employee's check early, that is easily done as a miscellaneous pay check. And it is recorded as such for that employee.
  • We do not have to worry about payroll taxes as APS Online takes care of it and they send us a report.
  • I can't find a weakness. The customer support is there - even with simple things as well as any difficulty we may have in house. APS Online works with us!
Read Patricia Riedlinger's full review
Charles Olivier | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 14, 2016

APS OnLine - its too easy to not use it.

Pros and Cons

• When we have a question or an issue that arises, our account manager with APS is a phone call away. They are alway helpful and friendly and help find an answer and a quick solution to our issue.
  • In my experience, I haven't seen any issues that can be improved on.
Read Charles Olivier's full review
Tom Daly | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 13, 2016

Functional software with personal service

Pros and Cons

• Still has a dedicated personal support staff with broad product knowledge.
  • They do not release a feature until it has been fully vetted - much fewer bolt-on solutions.
  • Has embraced third parties (brokers, CPAs) as partners in using the platform.
  • Benefits Administration has pockets of plans that it cannot accommodate (age banded medical, benefit banks, etc.)
Read Tom Daly's full review
Janet Fowler | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 12, 2016

LARGE ENOUGH TO MEET YOUR PRESENT AND FUTURE NEEDS WHILE SMALL ENOUGH TO KNOW YOUR NEEDS!

Pros and Cons

• Main thing: The thing that I find so helpful are the people who work at APS. I like the friendliness of the local (Shreveport, LA) staff and the quick turnaround to problem solving. They communicate!
  • The payroll program is easy to use, easy to correct with a user friendly viewing format.
  • Report writing program is very user friendly to technically challenged people like me.
  • I like the ongoing updates that APS is doing.
  • I have been disappointed in the communication between the programming department and its clients. I'm very impressed with the representatives such as Georgia, April and team, but not pleased with the turnaround time on solving issues. There was very little communication and only when I started the communication was there a reply.
Read Janet Fowler's full review
Lindsey Rosin | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 17, 2015

APS customer service is top notch

Pros and Cons

• CUSTOMER SERVICE. They are so helpful and you get a really quick response. You don't ever sit on hold for hours on end and you get the RIGHT answer or resolution to your problem. We previously had ADP which was a nightmare so APS Online customer service has made our bi-weekly payroll runs a breeze.
  • Customizable - we were able to make any adjustments as needed to our different departments, types of rates, types of vacation accruals etc. With the great customer service we can explain exactly what needs to change and they take care of it right away.
  • Transition from your old provider - APS Online worked with us and pulled in all of our old information. It made our workload a lot easier. They even helped pull reports for us to use from our old system which has helped us complete various workers comp audits.
  • Reporting - through APS Online you can create SO many custom reports. Its easy to use and very intuitive.
  • State by state rules - In a few states that we work in they have very strict rules on overtime, sick leave, etc and APS didn't have the time and attendance pre-configured correctly for these. Their development team has really worked with us to handle it but it just took a bit longer. Overall though they have been very upfront about it and have been able to make the necessary changes.
  • No scheduling - I think this is something in development right now but I know that other larger companies do have this capability. It would be great to have but it truly hasn't "hurt" our ability to do payroll.
Read Lindsey Rosin's full review
Karla Hebert | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 02, 2015

New to APS but like it so far!

Pros and Cons

• The customer service with APS has been exceptional.
  • The transition from another payroll provider to APS Online was seamless.
  • The actual processing of the payroll was easy.
  • A suggestion would be within the payroll module - it does not automatically calculate the hourly rate for a salaried employee. The calculation must be done manually and entered into the system.
Read Karla Hebert's full review
Tina Archer | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2015

APS Online

• Customer Support from account manager
  • Ability to create reports for items that are needed from management .
  • Ease of use for employees to monitor time and attendance and view pay vouchers.
  • No areas, as I have learned the software and needed assistance my account manager has always been there to assist me.
Read Tina Archer's full review
Mark Newsom | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 23, 2015

How APS OnLine has helped me with Payroll Processing

• Generates extremely useful reports
  • Customer service is great
  • Simplifies processing payroll
  • The journal entry export that APS OnLine produces takes a little tinkering with in order to format it so we can upload it to our accounting software, but APS has been very helpful in helping us make those adjustments.
Read Mark Newsom's full review
Elizabeth Petit | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 16, 2015

E Petit APS At A Glance

Pros and Cons

• Reports with details for gross payroll expense by the month comes in very handy for your financial department.
  • Employee turnover, overtime accumulated in a weekly period, and new hires by department lets me know my staffing capabilities.
  • Building/Creating reports gives you the capabilities to do just that - build or create a report to your needs, which in some situations can be a chore if you are given a task and try to copy and paste into an Excel sheet...there's no need to with this system.
  • The only report I have had issues with is when it comes to accrued payroll, even in build/create report had issues finding data and dates needed to do.
Read Elizabeth Petit's full review
August 22, 2016

New to APS

Pros and Cons

• APS OnLine is a great end user product and very easy for our employees. They have quick access to all their information, their accrual balances, hours worked, etc. They are able to enter their time off requests in the system. Although our prior system had these capabilities, employees had difficulty accessing system. If they couldn't get in, they couldn't use it. More employees logged on to APS in the first two weeks of use than in the prior three years with former system.
  • Integration - Data is real-time. When you enter information in one area of the software, it is immediately present in the rest of the system. No waiting for overnight interface. Change log provides backup for any changes that have been made as well as safeguards in the approval process.
  • Administrative ease - The system is very straight forward, logical, and easy to operate from the administrative end. [There is a] designated representative to address questions as they arise. No sitting on hold.
  • Reporting - We have six different business units and the reporting is separate for all three. Most reporting I do requires information from all business units so am running six reports and then copying and pasting to get the report I need.
  • Multi-state taxes - We have a number of employees who live in New York and work in New Jersey. APS OnLine is designed to accommodate one state withholding so ability to have "worked in" state and "lived in" state taxes withheld went away. This was a shortfall.
  • The Carrier connection setup took much longer than expected. After a year, we are still having some issues with some items transferring over to the GL.
  • The CA overtime calculation does not calculate after 8 hours per day, only on the 40 per week so we override each week.
  • Reporting - when running Benefit reports, it recognizes employees who formerly carried the plan but may have dropped it. To get around this, we have to delete off the employee's record so the history is not readily available.

Employee demographic data (26)
Employment history (24)
Job profiles and administration (17)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (23)
6.3
Organizational charting (12)
Organization and location management (17)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (17)
5.2
Pay calculation (28)
Support for external payroll vendors (12)
5.0
Benefit plan administration (19)
Direct deposit files (28)
Salary revision and increment management (20)
6.6
Reimbursement management (11)
Approval workflow (22)
Balance details (21)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (16)
View and generate pay and benefit information (29)
Update personal information (27)
View company policy documentation (20)
6.2
Employee recognition (13)
5.1
View job history (20)
6.1
Tracking of all physical assets (9)
Report builder (29)
Pre-built reports (28)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (15)
New hire portal (16)
5.3
Manager tracking tools (12)
5.1
Corporate goal setting (2)
Individual goal setting (6)
Line-of sight-visibility (6)
Performance tracking (8)
Performance plans (9)
Performance improvement plans (7)
Review status tracking (8)
Review reminders (9)
Multiple review frequency (8)
Create succession plans/pools (1)
Candidate ranking (1)
Job Requisition Management (3)
5.0
Company Website Posting (4)
6.5
Publish to Social Media (3)
2.0
Job Search Site Posting (3)
2.0
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (4)
Applicant Tracking (3)
2.0
Notifications and Alerts (5)
5.5

About APS

The vendor says that their mission is to make payroll and HR easier. They say that they provide their clients and partners with intuitive technology delivered with personalized service and support. Their unified solution is designed to simplify workforce management tasks and process payroll in hours, not days. Automate HR workflows to be more strategic. Elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform. APS calls themselves your workforce partner.