Overall Satisfaction with Google Authenticator
We use it as an extra layer of security on specific applications like VPN and so on. We use it in the whole organization and users do not have an option besides using Google Authentication. Everyone has access to a mobile device so everyone can with ease use Google Authentication.
- Easy to set-up.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to remove.
- Google Authentication is a brilliant tool that can be easily selected for use in most applications nowadays. This means it is easy to integrate into an existing IT environment.
- Transferring the account to a new phone is a bit complicated.
- Sharing an authentication code could be useful.
- It's making it harder for hackers to get into our systems, saving us money.
- We need to spend more time on authentication.
- All in all an important tool to secure our business. Can't put a number on it but it can potentially be a lot.
Google Authenticator has just become a key player in the industry. It's a piece of software that employees also will use privately if they know a bit of security. So it's easy to get users to use it as they already know if from Facebook or similar applications. If your end-users are happy and understand the tool, then you have an easier life as an IT guy.
I actually haven't used support for Google Authenticator as it just has been working. It is a very smooth piece of tool and there are no hiccups. So my rating is based on other Google Applications where there is room for improvement in terms of support. A lot is outsourced is my feeling and it is hard to get into the support that can actually help you. However, it's not needed a lot and it usually gets fixed.
Do you think Google Authenticator delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Authenticator's feature set?
Did Google Authenticator live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Authenticator go as expected?
Would you buy Google Authenticator again?
It is well suited in business situations and private situations as well. I personally use it in both cases and I really enjoy it and find it easy to use. Security for work and in our life outside work can each affect both. So the availability in different applications makes it a very attractive piece of software.