My Review of SL1
April 22, 2020
My Review of SL1
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ScienceLogic SL1
We use SL1 to monitor customer environments. We have customers all over the globe that rely on us to help them maintain their services and alert them when things are not optimal. Problems detected by SL1 are ticketed to ServiceNow to be addressed by our ECC engineers.
- Wide range of PowerPacks/Dynamic Apps for supporting many technologies
- Modular deployment
- Highly customizable
- More compatibility with third party software/integration with other monitoring tools.
- Creating custom content is not always intuitive/easy.
- Upgrading/backups can be difficult, but we are getting better with each new version.
- One solution for viewing data from various technologies.
- Great integration with ServiceNow.
- Collector scaling can be labor intensive.
Yes - Before my time, but I do know that SL1 replaced the previous solution.
Before my time, sorry. I don't know what things were like before SL1, but seeing how SL1 displays the infrastructure and aligns applications and business services made it much easier for me to get up to speed faster with how my company supports our customers.
We use SL1 to monitor other people. Having the ability to monitor multiple technologies and onboard clients quickly is key to our success.
SL1 events are synchronized to ServiceNow to create tickets that can be addressed by our ECC or the customer. Custom RBAs can perform many routine tasks when detected.
For monitoring and presenting data, SL1 is great. There are some issues with Windows PowerShell dynamic apps, but that can be resolved by using the agent. Hopefully, the Windows dynamic apps will be improved in the upcoming PowerPack releases.