Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
Zoom was deployed at Moffitt to address communication and collaboration needs for the organization. Zoom features include instant messaging, meetings and collaboration, Zoom Rooms, and webinars. There are many use cases that we have applied across the organization and continue to find additional areas that we can improve workflow and communication in the environment.
- Zoom is simple to use and deploy. Users quickly adapted to the zoom client and immediately said the solution improved their day to day activities.
- Zoom Rooms have improved our ability to share content and collaborate with teams across conference spaces throughout the organization.
- Webinars have improved our ability to provide training and recordings to end-users and teams.
- Auditing of the admin roles. Logs for functions the admin performs such as IM performing searches for IM chats.
- Ability to perform IM chat audits and see the images in of screen captures in the chat audit (i.e. images or files).
- Improved ability to collaborate with all team members in the organization.
- Improved chat search and retention of messages.
- Improved ability to share content with external attendees with annotation.
We were formerly a Skype shop which worked great for internal IM and phone, yet, when we attempted to share content outside the organization the ability to do so never worked. We then turned our attention to Cisco WebEx which provided the collaboration externally but was expensive to deploy and now some users were required to have two platforms for which to hold meetings and we had to support two platforms. We then started looking at Office 365 with Teams but due to infrastructure requirements and licensing E3 vs E5 discussions, we decided to go with Zoom due to its simple ability to just work when a user gets provisioned using SSO authentication to our AD. It provides a single point of use for IM, Meetings, content sharing with annotation, and works every time.
Zoom is well suited to provide large or small scale meetings with internal, external, or a mix of meeting attendees with the ability to share content and chat within the meeting experience. Zoom provides better collaboration for mobile users by providing driving mode or full ability to hold meetings when on a mobile device. Zoom is well suited to provide chat capability with searching by keyword or phrase.