Reviews (76-100 of 136)
- Event landing pages are fully customizeable with your company branding, and the latest version of the landing page creation tool, "Flex", is a true WYSIWYG tool, requiring no HTML coding knowledge.
- There is a robust survey tool add-on, Inquisium, which allows you to survey your attendees, and even sync their responses to your CRM.
- Contacts/invitees functionality is very robust. You can easily track who you've sent event invitations to, whether they've opened the invite, registered, declined, etc. And you can sync this data to Salesforce Contacts and Salesforce Campaigns to make it easy for your sales team to see who has registered (without having to constantly ask you!).
- There's a robust venue sourcing and RFP tool integrated in the system!
- Pricing is my biggest issue. So many modules or functions are "add-ons". For example, they have a new Salesforce App that gives better visibility, right in the Contact view, of all event-related data for that particular contact - a great benefit for the sales team (and takes work off the event planner - no more phone calls and emails from salespeople asking if someone has registered or attended an event - they can easily see that information). In my opinion, this should be included in the already-high cost to use the system.
- Cvent has helped streamline registration, and allowed us to collect more data than previously would have without using a registration platform.
- Cvent integrations allow attendees to book their hotel and travel all in one place!
- They are constantly upgrading and improving the software, which is great. I would like the option to have the hotel request integration and the passkey integration together on one website, but have different registration types be able to utilize either the hotel request or the passkey integration for non-sponsored attendees.
- Their customer support services offer easy ways to multitask with a chat feature, a team that is consistently knowledgeable and helpful, and who provide solutions in the majority of situations.
- They are constantly taking feedback and improving on their products. I enjoy the quarterly product webinars they host, so I can stay up to date on new offerings and features.
- The reporting tools are very robust, and it is rare that I can not customize to show exactly what I need.
- Cvent offers so much that it is slightly overwhelming to new hires.
- Allows me to have a database of attendees
- It makes our registration process look a lot more professional and sets up that expectations to the attendees before they event arrive
- Ease of copying changes in event emails by registration path. Sometimes I have a change in details and have to go into each attendee email path to update.
- Well suited for our annual conferences.
- Less appropriate holiday parties, but we have already paid for the software.
- Easily helps to manage attendees, including filtered contact lists, customization for registration questions, and ease-of-use for attendees to use the website.
- Complex reporting that allows you to truly measure the effectiveness of your program.
- Parked reports to share with partners who don't need full access to Cvent, but need up-to-date information on programs they assist with.
- No integration with GoToWebinar. For our webinars, if they register to pay via Cvent, they end up having to then register again on another platform.
- Has templates: gives you various templates on which to design your event which saves you time.
- 24/7 support: I have called them at odd hours with questions pertaining to my event and they were able to assist.
- Up-to-date with technology: always looking for ways to keep up with the current needs of the industry. FLEX is proof of that. We are all excited for it. :-)
- Event Vouchers: I regularly use these for events that I create. When attendees use their voucher code to log in, and start a registration and then don't finish, it registers the code if they haven't fully registered.
- This limitation is solved by FLEX, but the old registration could not upload any GIFS or video.
- Hard to remember where all the different settings are housed, but again FLEX has solved this
- They do reporting particularly well. There are dozens of pre-set reports that you can run and manipulate to gather the information you're trying to collect. You can also create custom reports if you're looking for information that you're not seeing in the pre-set reports.
- Cvent's new Flex - registration re-imagined is incredibly easy to use for users who do not know HTML.
- Their customer service is great. If you have a question while working in Cvent, you can call a representative, start an online chat, open a 24 hours case or refer to the thousands of articles and training materials available to all users.
- Cvent's user conference is a great way to learn how to be successful with the software.
- Cvent's support ticket system is a little hard to use. for example, trying to upload an attachment of a screenshot or something you're having issues with is not intuitive.
- The platform is easy to use. Without much training or experience you can easily figure out how to create registration sites, set up reports, and manage meeting requests.
- Cvent does a good job keeping up with the latest technology. They are constantly updating their system based on feedback they've received (enhancement requests) or industry changes.
- Cvent is able to manage events from start to finish - from RFPs and budgeting, to event registration and feedback surveys.
- We have had some challenges with reporting. It isn't always as flexible as you would want and sometimes we are unable to pull the information in the format we need. They are currently in the process of revamping reports so this may improve.
- Customer support is great when you first start using Cvent, but the more advanced you are, the less helpful this becomes. If you need an "out of the box" solution or a workaround, they are not much help at all.
- The account address book feature does not work for our group and caused us a lot of issues. There is no way to turn this feature off, so we had to use a workaround which has been mostly successful, but does not eliminate all the problems we face with the shared address book.
- We were not aware of some system limitations - like library storage size, until much later in our usage of Cvent. If we would have known ahead of time, we could have better planned on how to organize and manage certain aspects of our account instead of trying to clean up and streamline after the fact.
- Enterprise level event solution: does everything from website build to registration to email marketing, payment processing and more.
- Easy website builds with Flex
- Lots of registration customization options.
- Not super smooth when you try to integrate your own CRM system, but ours is proprietary so we run into challenges like that a lot.
- Expensive, especially if you’re picking and choosing the features you use rather than really using the full system.
- Setting up new users and managing users is a little tedious.
- Email blasts -- easy to set up. The new system allows for design, graphics, widgets, etc.
- Registration management. The reporting feature is very robust, and you can parse data in many ways. Attendee reports, financial reports, email reports.
- Pricing is very confusing.
- Perhaps individual emailing, as opposed to group emailing, can be improved.
- Too expensive. Pricing is based upon a multitude of factors, including the size of your address book, how many emails deployed and how many attendees register for your events.
- The new Flex registration has revolutionized the websites we are able to produce for our clients.
- The ability to connect to GDS systems and pull in registrants directly is wonderful when it comes to pulling arrival and departure manifests.
- It is a straightforward tool that makes daily life easier in the event industry.
- Nothing that I can think of at this moment.
Cvent addresses our event management system. Previously we had a basic website provided by our organization and a basic store that was incredibly out of date. We wanted something more modern, intuitive, and easy to use to help us gain more attendees and make the process of registering for our events smoother.
- Customer Support is great! I never wait on hold for longer than 3-5 minutes, they resolve issues very quickly, they will walk me through how to do things and send an email with detailed instructions for my future use, and what they can't fix, they refer me elsewhere within Cvent and the issue is taken care of within a few hours.
- Cvent is always improving and looking to make things easier for its users. Cvent listens to information provided and will work to accommodate everyone's needs across the board.
- Training! Cvent provides a vast array of training via webinars, in-person, and FAQs.
- Pricing -- I feel like this was not adequately explained and we have spent more money than anticipated trying to work through the kinks of our website with the Design Team.
- Cvent took a while for me to work through since it was not as intuitive as I was led to believe. I think mandatory training would be good to have for all new users.
- The only thing I don't like is the inability to adjust the sizes of images within the website. I have to resize them manually, rename the image and upload again. Sometimes this takes a few tries, which can take time depending on the image.
- Simplify setting up registration sites
- Easy venue/supplier searches
- Makes complex reports easy and provides financial and registration data
- Flex is still missing key functionalities so we are unable to implement it yet such as abandoned registrations
- Should include more options that are included, not as add-ons as an additional cost
- Better reporting for venue suppliers
- Cvent is a robust system that allows users to customize registration processes.
- Cvent integrates with many other systems.
- Cvent provides a great support service.
- Some things are not intuitive or require a robust knowledge of the software to complete. Part of this is due to the customization options available.
- User feedback is not always considered. They do have User Experience groups, but in general, it seems that often changes are made without considering users.
- We have found some limitations that don't make sense. Cvent offers a lot of customization options, but there are limits. For example, you can change the language/naming of many things in your registration setup, but the names of Payment Methods can only be changed if you are opening payment to registrants. We process payments offline occasionally and were hoping we could customize the payment types to fit our needs.
- Client reports - easy to read, update and customize for our clients.
- Mapping - love this option to be able to show clients exactly where their site options will be based on specific needs.
- Communications with partners - allows us to communicate with many at once versus email.
- Honestly, based on my experience so far, I can't think of a con or new idea for Cvent.
- Cvent allows event budget tracking to be compared year over year, which is extremely helpful in forecasting.
- The web tools, such as the website and registration pages are almost infinitely customizable, allowing us to manage the most complex, multifaceted programs with great ease.
- The integrated suite of reporting tools makes rolling out real-time data to front line stakeholders very easy!
- The new iteration of Cvent's registration design tool, called Flex has some very serious limitations when it comes to incorporating visual branding parameters for our company. We can no longer simply alter the code directly, but would have to approximate our brand colors, fonts and there's no way to drop in a custom background anymore either. This needs to change.
- Housing and Room block management
- Up-to-date numbers of check-ins and reporting for senior management at events
- Complex registration for multi-session events
- Language management can be confusing
- Reporting fields can be hard to match up
Cvent Event Management Scorecard Summary
About Cvent Event Management
Cvent is a cloud-based enterprise event management company with nearly 4,000 employees and over 300,000 users worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, email marketing, and attendee engagement. Cvent's suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions.
Cvent solutions aim to optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Cvent Event Management Integrations
Cvent Event Management Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Cvent Event Management Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|