Everhour Reviews

Michelle Ng | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a design consultant and I use it to track the time I spent on my client's projects as well as my own projects.
  • Time tracking. The ability to put billable vs. non-billable hours, and the different views of seeing how the time is being spent are nice.
  • Invoicing. When creating an invoice, it calculates the total amount due by summing up the un-invoiced hours (basically all the hours added after the previous invoice date).
  • Would love to see integration with a payment system so when clients can pay the invoice directly the payment can be recorded automatically.
It's very useful for time-tracking. I imagine it'd be even better for someone managing a team of people.
Read Michelle Ng's full review
Joan Kolvani | TrustRadius Reviewer
Everhour is used in an organizational capacity in our company. It allows for different levels of management to obtain customized time reports.
  • Friendly user interface
  • Customization of time reports
  • Tasks are not explicitly shown when logging hours in all the pages, you may need to remember task names in some cases
  • Not enough user access levels
  • The theme color palette is very simple
Well suited for small to medium companies, or companies with a flat hierarchy. Not ideal for larger companies with complex needs for different user levels of access/visibility.
Read Joan Kolvani's full review
Everhour is a really extraordinary tool to manage your time. It is so flexible and you can organize it in so many ways. We use it to manage the expended and the estimated time on every project so we can get statistics of how we are doing our work, and help us to make better estimations, review the workflow of our team, and make corporate decisions.

We have an integration plugin of Everhour used with Trello. We use this as our project management tool. We have our backlog in which we have the Sprint estimations with the user stories, and from that we create tasks. The tasks enter in the workflow statuses (To do, Doing, Waiting and Done), and on them, we add the Everhour estimations and the expended time. In that way we can observe all of our progress from Everhour, which makes our life a little easier and our work more efficient.
  • Integration with project management tools, like Trello, that makes the project management easier to do because you have metrics and statistics grouped on just one site.
  • Metrics of expended time per user and per project makes decisions easier You can have all the data to support changes or decisions in the company, like rentability of certain type of products offered.
  • The Everhour team is always evolving, so they always ask how you feel about everything and if anything is not working as expected. You are always surprised with new improvements that you didn't think could be useful but that end up adding value to your business.
  • At the moment, I have always expected a mobile app, or at least a PWA so you can manage your time in case you forgot to do it, and not to have to enter it on the web site.
  • Could have a system of alerts in case a task is currently started but has a significant amount of time required, like more than 3 hours. In my case that just happens if I forgot to stop the timer.
  • The reports are great but have some things to improve, like if you have several projects on Scrum and you want a report for all the tasks done on a month.
Everhour is useful in every environment where you need the measure of time for certain tasks. In most cases, this could be project management but it could also include trips or travels, conferences, congresses, or several other things that you need to take control of the time used. Its less appropriate if you are going to measure things in weeks or days, it's better to measure smaller pieces of time like minutes of hours, so you could have a more useful metrics to work with.
We use Everhour to manage time effectively across projects and internal clients. It ensures we are efficient and gives us the ability to estimate time on marketing projects to a greater degree of accuracy, helping in resource allocation and utilisation.
  • Extremely good integration with Asana. This was a key factor in our decision making process as we use Asana as a project management tool.
  • Very powerful reporting tools for analysis.
  • Very good interface which is simple to use
  • Being able to edit time directly from the Asana interface would be useful.
Everhour is a great tool for managing our time effectively as a marketing team.
We use EverHour with Asana to track time by the client.
  • I like the functionality. It's much better than Harvest, which we were using previously.
  • In Everhour you can see people working in real time.
  • For billing, it's great, as you can also see the task associated with the time from Asana. It cuts down on a lot of unnecessary work.
  • It only allows for one project to come through from Asana, and all of our tasks have multiple projects, so I had to do some workarounds and deactivate certain projects in Everhour so that the tracking would show up as I needed.
  • I also was having a hard time getting the reporting to match clients by project. It's not super intuitive.
I think it's one of the best time tracking tools on the market. I prefer it over everything else I've tried so far. If you are working at a desk on a computer and do not need a "time clock," it's great.
We use Trello as our number one source of tracking projects (timelines and hours) within our company. The integration piece with Trello and Everhour has been a blessing for us to keep an eye on time per project and profitability.
  • Hourly Reporting -- real-time visibility per user, per day, per hour... down to the minute tracking.
  • Customizable Reports -- a great customizing platform to allow us to view exactly what we need for billing.
  • User-Friendly -- a monkey could use this system without training.
  • Would love to see more ways of customizing reporting. While it's great as it is... there is even more information we need and it can be tough to nail it down.
I'd recommend this program to anyone that would listen. It's cost effective and has given us insight into each of our projects and staff. Their training was great as well. I had a demo of it after I had already been using it and explained our specific needs and the gentleman was able to give me exactly what I needed to have it working inline with our company goals/needs. Great program.
Everhour is used to track time attached to tasks in Asana. Each Asana project is related to graphic design work and Everhour tracks the time spent on each stage of the project.
  • Connects to Asana easily.
  • Easy start and stop within Asana to control time tracking.
  • Easy report generation for time tracked.
  • Understanding each category in Everhour time reports is tricky at first.
Well suited to digital freelance work. Works well when your Asana projects are organized clearly. Works well when you have a naming convention for your Asana tasks.
Jennifer Hess | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the owner of the company, and I use Everhour to track time for myself and my subcontractors. All team members use the system — from web developers to tech support to project management to design. After trying nearly every system on the market, Everhour addressed the following key issues for my business:

• Bi-directional sync with QuickBooks Online to ensure invoice numbers were not duplicated and remained sequential (even when additional invoices were created in QBO independent of Everhour's system)
  • Customization of line items in invoices to allow for my preferred method of grouping & listing projects to clients (allows for grouping by several variables, and option to include task descriptions / details as needed)
  • Integration with Asana for task management and easy time tracking for items managed there
  • Great UI & UX allows users to onboard quickly & understand the system with minimal issues
  • In general, just an easy-to-use and well-designed, intuitive system
  • Unique report filtering and grouping options address my preferred method of grouping projects (by client, then by project, then by task)
  • Setting budgets for clients & projects to avoid scope creep and monitor progress
  • Start-stop timer — the ability to add notes / additional details and edit those details from both Everhour and within Asana
  • Integration with QuickBooks Online — bi-directional sync means I can continue to send invoices through QBO while still preparing & syncing hourly invoices with Everhour (without messing up my QBO records with weird extra account listings or service items)
  • Integration with Asana — allows for consistency and streamlines processes for my team, reducing the need for duplicate efforts
  • Report filtering — great, unique options for grouping and displaying time data, plus well-designed layouts
  • Budgeting — clearly displays project status in Everhour and Asana, and you can customize the email notification to ensure you're notifying the clients / team early, settings for budgeting are flexible and allow for different time / duration variables
  • I'd like to see a bit more control over user permissions and/or roles. Perhaps the ability to create a custom user role (e.g., allow users to see their own rate and pull reports accordingly).
  • A global place to set project rate to avoid having to enter it for every project. All of our team members & projects are billed at the same rate regardless of who works on it (some clients receive a discount, but that could continue to be managed within their client profile). This would also eliminate the need to display average combined rates for projects on invoices (which sometimes results in a weird decimal calculation for the rate, even when all team members and projects are currently entered using the same rate).
  • Add an offline functionality for use when internet is not available (e.g., when traveling, remote workers, etc) or desktop app that syncs upon reconnection
Great for teams needing a stop-start timer. Integration with task-based systems like Asana is very intuitive. Great for designers and developers.

May encounter some difficulty if using independently from Asana, particularly if there are a large quantity of projects and tasks, as time tracking within Everhour uses a dynamic search field which can populate with a lot of extraneous results if you don't recall the exact naming conventions of the item you're trying to track to. The search functionality is strong, it just requires a couple of steps to get to the task you're looking for. Our company has 60+ open/active projects at a time, but much of the navigation between those items occurs within the Asana interface.

Clients on retainer solutions can be tracked, but require some creative use of budget settings for monitoring retainer usage.

The system may also be difficult to use for team members who are working remotely / traveling without regular access to internet, as there is no desktop app or offline functionality.

Read Jennifer Hess's full review
Shane Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a self-employed, freelance media designer, and I am using Everhour to track absolutely all work, billable and not, being done. I use Everhour to track time spent and bill clients hourly, to turn in time-sheet accounting reports, to create invoices, and to evaluate for past productivity and future estimates.
  • Everhour integrates exceptionally well into Asana.
  • The mobile app functions reliably and is simple to use on the move.
  • Reports are flexible and presentable, so I can easily find how much time is going to multiple, simultaneous projects.
  • I would like to see better (more printer-friendly) PDF documents produced by the reports.
  • I would like to be able to share time-sheet reports to clients without them having to be "on-the-team" or having an Everhour account.
  • I would like to see invoices sync to Quickbooks Self-Employed.
  • I would love to be able to choose to display time tracking within Asana to co-workers I have selected.
It is well-suited to integrating with Asana. However, it may be organizing around teams rather than solo freelancers in the future.
Read Shane Smith's full review
Massimo De Marchi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Everhour to track the time we spend on every task. This helps us gain insights on our work. We also use it to track time in support packages that we offer to our clients.
It's also useful to establish the various task margin and to track expenses. We plan to use it also to automate the creation of invoices.
  • Integration with GitHub let's you log time directly from GitHub dashboard.
  • Browser extension is super useful since it's a quick way to start logging time on some task.
  • Mobile app is also particularly useful as it let's you log time when you are not sitting at your desktop.
  • The mobile app has room for improvement from a UX point of view mainly.
  • The web app could be faster to load.
By experience it is a great tool for agencies for sure, as it lets you break down your task and log time on each task. It has many options on how to log hours, and it has board for tracking tasks status. It has also features for accounting, such as automatic invoice creation and client management. I don't have enough experience in other scenarios to tell whether it can fit or not, but it has a rich set of features that I think can apply to many businesses.
Read Massimo De Marchi's full review
Lars Dabney | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're using Everhour across our entire organization, for tracking both billable and non-billable time spent on tasks (through the Asana integration). The most often-used metrics are time spent on retainers (which is limited per month), and actual time spent on fixed-price projects, versus projected time/billed cost. Everhour's reporting functions have proven very useful in both internally reviewing those numbers, and sharing time spent/tasks completed with clients.
  • Clean, well-presented, detailed customizable reports that can be downloaded and shared with clients, creating high levels of client confidence in our working policies & time tracking
  • Easy & seamless integration with Asana, our preferred project/task management tool
  • Readily editable entries in case you forget to run the clock (or stop it running)
  • Ability to estimate time for tasks and compare time spent to estimate
  • Clearer display of time tracking on reports--the numbers shown in the two right-hand columns aren't clear in what they mean
  • Ability to auto-send PDF reports to clients at specified intervals
Very well-suited to managing time for a team with a variety of clients and projects to consider. Ideally you want at least one person responsible for tracking budgets, estimates, and reports so that you can get the most out of the tool (on our team, that's me, though I wish I had a bit more time to spend on it). If your company does large scale estimates for fixed-price projects and you want to track actual time spent against estimates (and thus, profitability/accuracy of your proposals), it's invaluable. Same goes for if you have retainers--simplicity of tracking hours against specific retainer tasks in Asana is perfect.
Read Lars Dabney's full review
Thomas Schulze | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Everhour as our central tool for measuring time spent
on projects and tasks. Furthermore we use its capabilities for exports
of overviews and analysis. Even our regular working time is collected
with Everhour.
  • The API is structured well and powerful enough for our tasks at hand, that cannot or should not be done by hand.
  • The integration with Asana (our sole project planning and execution tool) to measure time spent is perfect.
  • The web-front end is designed well and easy and fast to navigate.
  • The automated synchronization of Asana projects with Everhour projects is blazing fast and error free!
  • From time to time the API-Key for Asana Integration is lost. We use OS X with Safari as browser. I do not know if this problem is specific to our environment.
  • collecting time of employees
  • categorizing work-time and mapping it to specific tasks & projects
  • integration into a cloud-based environment
Read Thomas Schulze's full review
Dimitris Rakopoulos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Everhour as a time tracking tool that is integrated to Asana - our project management tool. It is used by the entire company. It helps us track the time for all tasks that are assigned to the team members. It is a significantly helpful tool to keep track of project estimates and invoice client for tasks.

Since it works as an integration for Asana it makes our life so much easier because the time tracking is done directly from the task within Asana.

Managers can have a bird's eye view of the time schedule of all members of the team.
  • Time tracking for tasks within projects.
  • Time scheduling for team members.
  • Invoicing based on tasks.
  • Track expenses related to tasks/projects.
  • Better support for limiting actual time vs estimates - probably alerts.
  • Better tracking of Asana sub-tasks.
  • Better integration between time and Asana availability for tasks.
Everhour is an amazing time tracking tool and can be used for any task-based project. If combined with Asana or other project management tools, it works almost fluently and without any issues.

If restriction of tasks is essential, then Everhour will not work as expected. The users will see if more time is used - provided an estimate is defined - but it will notify or limit the user.
Read Dimitris Rakopoulos's full review
Claire Lockey | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Everhour to track my time for clients. I am a virtual PA and I use Everhour to track time spent on each task and then generate a report at the end of each month to send with my invoice.

It helps to to manage my time and ensure I am working effectively. I can see how much time I am spending against each task and it is really easy to see how I am doing against my client's time allowance and budget.
  • I love that I can integrate this with Asana and have a timer against each task.
  • I can generate reports for clients with ease.
  • I can track what time I have left against each client's allocation.
  • Maybe an integration with my invoicing system - Wave
It has worked really well when integrated with Asana, I love that I can track each task quickly and easily.
Read Claire Lockey's full review
Rachel Manning | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to log time in Asana. It's integrated really well, so no one has to leave the project management system to track their time. It's also giving us insight into how our time is being used, and if we are profitable with our hours.
  • Everhour and Asana work very fluidly together. We would not be as accurate with our time if their native functions weren't as capable.
  • Everhour's interface is easy to use and understand. The reporting is simple but robust.
  • Everhour provides good pricing structure that is super competitive.
  • I'd like more mobile functionality. I can't track time in Asana from my android, and that would be a game changer.
  • I'd like more visibility of Everhour time logs within Asana.
  • I'd like more ability to format my reports before downloading them - the PDFs are ugly.
Everhour is great for simple, transparent time tracking, which is exactly what it aims to do. I don't use the expense or invoicing feature, as I find they don't give me enough ability to control my invoicing as something like Zoho does. So I just use the time tracking - that's what they're best at.
Read Rachel Manning's full review
Adam Burdeshaw | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Everhour to track time to individual Asana projects, for the bulk of our organization. It helps us more accurately keep track of internal projects.
  • Integrates with Asana seamlessly.
  • Useful reporting features and customizable.
  • The ability to set different rates for different clients, projects, etc.
  • N/A
If you use Asana for project management, as we do, Everhour is the perfect compliment for tracking time to tasks and projects.
Read Adam Burdeshaw's full review
Raphael Sanguinete | TrustRadius Reviewer
Everhour is being used by me and my partners to manage projects from different areas that we work with (music, filmmaking and game development). By its tight integration with Asana, it help us do a more accurate time estimate for our tasks, and visualize and iterate quickly with our schedule for the days/weeks that we are planning.
  • Integration with Asana is very very nice!
  • Time estimates and total time worked can be shown in many different ways right inside your PM software.
  • Everhour's dashboard, timesheet and reports are beautiful and easy to use.
  • As not all members are always so organized to start and stop the timer, it would be good if there was a way for the manager to fill in that info when needed.
  • Sometimes (rarely) the Everhour integration with Asana (by the Chrome extension) fails and don't show up.
I've used a ton of other time tracking tools, and none of them gave me the powers and the seamless integration with the tools that I already use for project management as Everhour did. The product seems to be getting better and better, with new features added each month.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Alex Dutkovsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Everhour to track all of our employees' progress on every project we work on. In tandem with a task manager it helps to keep track of our tasks, working hours, and even costs and profits. Not only does it show you the exact amount spent on every task or project, but it also helps a lot with accounting by creating amazing detailed reports in various formats.
  • Keeping track of time with just a click of a button. Especially good for team working.
  • Flawless integration with task tracking systems.
  • Creating amazing reports for both internal company use and company's customers.
  • Exceptionally reliable and quick support team. Any question or issue will be resolved within minutes.
  • User interface is sometimes confusing. Caused by design-driven approach. Many important buttons are hidden, some elements a user tries to click are actually inactive, whereas the user is expecting it to be clickable.
If your team needs to keep track of hours or gets paid on hourly basis, or your company charges for hours of labour, this is definitely the best choice for the job.
Our team management became so much easier once we started using Everhour. And we have not seen any good competitors on the market yet.
Read Alex Dutkovsky's full review
Janelle Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 05, 2018

Everhour time tracking.

Everhour is currently being used by two of my departments. It allows us to time projects for billing purposes and also allows us to time for efficiency.
  • It has the ability to work with Asana to time different tasks.
  • The customer service is awesome! (Shout out to Waclaw!)
  • It is user-friendly.
  • N/A
It is best suited when you're wanting to track time for billing purposes or to improve overall efficiency within a department. You can use it as a tool as well as it allows users to track where they spend their time throughout the day.
Read Janelle Henderson's full review
Elizabeth West | TrustRadius Reviewer
Everhour is currently being used across our entire organization. Our primary use of Everhour is so that we can track our internal hours against contracted hours, and be sure we are not going overbudget, which in turn, ensures that we are profitable on almost every job. We also bill a few of our clients hourly, so it is essential for us to use Everhour to track and bill for those hours as well. While we do keep an eye on everyone's billable time and how much each employee is logging, this is not our primary use.
  • Everhour allows us to break down each project into subtasks to see where most of our internal hours are being allocated. It helps us report that feedback to clients if there are any questions and even adjust as we go to make sure we are spending time in optimal areas.
  • The Everhour integration with Asana makes it extremely easy for us to track our time. Most of us have had to track time in the past at previous companies or places of work, and it is always daunting to add one more thing to your to-do list. But, the integration makes it easy to record work in real-time or retroactively adjust hours.
  • The dashboard for creating reports is a little confusing. I'd like more pre-built template options or to be able to see a well-rounded view at project progress/status more easily.
To track time internally. We have found a way to add our contractors' time as well (not ideal though), so that addition could be a really nice feature.
Read Elizabeth West's full review
Jesse Griffith | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization uses Everhour in conjunction with our project management software, Asana. Everhour works seamlessly with the Asana system to allow us to keep track of how much time we are spending on individual tasks as well as overall on a project. The integration is vital for us because Asana does not have a stand-alone time tracking system. Without Everhour we wouldn't be able to use Asana. It is extremely important for us to know that we are maintaining cope or if we are starting to get to close to going over budget. This also allows us to plan for the future especially if we are spending more time than we initially plan. Via, the Everhour reporting we have very efficient post -ortem meetings that allow us to appropriately plan for future project costs. I would recommend.
  • Easy to set up, maintain, and read project budget reports.
  • Works seamlessly with our project management software, Asana.
  • Issues alerts if a project is nearing the total budget.
  • It would be great if the alerts could be set on individual tasks within Asana. Not sure if this is an Asana issue or an issue with the integration of Everhour.
  • Project reports could be a little more printer friendly.
Everhour fits all scenarios with our organization. It is extremely valuable in all facets of our environment. Time and budget are our lifeline and we live and breathe always trying our best to know how much time it takes for us to complete tasks and projects.
Read Jesse Griffith's full review
Guy-Louis de le Vingne | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used throughout the organisation.
It helps us to do two things: provide estimates and time actually spent on tasks.
Unique selling point for us was the Asana integration, so that our employees do not need to learn a new tool. They just need to install an extension on Chrome/safari to see the time tracking inside Asana.
  • Very easy to implement across the organisation
  • Fully Integrated with our task management tool: Asana
  • nothing to learn for our employees: simple is beautiful in this case
  • One thing it lacks is the opportunity to easily see what people will be busy with in the following weeks
Everhour is best for project-based work:
  • Actuals can be confronted to estimates
  • Actuals or budget can be invoiced to a final client
  • possibility to include the expenses related to a project
  • Pivot-table-like reporting
Read Guy-Louis de le Vingne's full review
Kellie Sabas | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an outsource marketing agency, we rely on Everhour to get our contractors' time reports to ensure we are within budget and scope.
  • Everhour lets you set a budget and time limit which is helpful so the team is cognizant of their time.
  • Everhour lets you see reports at daily, weekly and monthly [intervals] which helps with admin/invoicing.
  • Everhour tracks hours efficiently so there’s transparency and accuracy within the team.
  • Can’t think of any
As a team of remote people, we rely on Everhour to track time for reporting and invoicing purposes.
Read Kellie Sabas's full review
Josh Troyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We had a hard time tracking time by project and we were losing money because our hours weren't being billed properly. Everhour was a easy add-on to our current project management system, Asana. Since we have started using Everhour we have saved money by being able to accurately track our time and expenses.
  • Easy add-on to Google Chrome and Safari
  • Can't add expenses to reports
  • No app for the Android phone
We use Everhour for time tracking and billing.
Read Josh Troyer's full review
Sergio Monge | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the organization to handle different projects. All of the talent is reporting their time there. With Everhour we can track developers time and present invoices to clients based totally on the hours worked by our employees. There is no extra need for CSV files, it's very organized for us.
  • Self explanatory UI. There is no need to big introductions to the software to understand how to track time.
  • The reporting tool is very useful and work correctly for many different types of report.
  • I will like a better connection with JIRA since It's the tool where our employees receive their tickets.
  • Actually there is no more to say here. Everhour works perfectly for our needs.
Everhour works perfectly when you need to have all your team self organized on time basics, and you want to have a real control about how people spend their time at work. I see it as very useful on reporting, because I want to show to my clients how their money is spent.
Read Sergio Monge's full review

About Everhour

Everhour is simple and accurate time tracking software for teams.

The vendor says the product allows you to:
  • See who’s tracking time, who’s overworked and who can handle more.
  • Keep track of all your project budgets, schedule threshold alerts, use forward resource planning.
  • Build any kind of reports and send professional-looking invoices.

Everhour integrates with your project management app so you can track time on tasks right from its interface: Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Jira, GitHub and more.