Everhour Reviews

Yuriy Glushakov | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 21, 2019

Long story short - we love Everhour!

Everhour is used for our agency as a time tracking and traffic control system. With its help, we set up our workflow in Asana with more efficiency and understanding the project profitability no matter the billing type (fixed price or time and material). It also visualizes time tracking not only for the financial department but also via all team members because simple necessary track records are being provided in our Asana project which is very useful to understand our current financial position in realtime.
  • It has a genius dashboard with all real-time traffic information of all team members. It is a very useful tool as well to track efficiency for both in-house and remote team members
  • It has well-done integration with Asana (and other task-managers) which allows you to track time on tasks without switching between apps or tools which it truly awesome
  • It has a scheduling tool which allows you to plan long term traffic of all your team members by using Asana projects and tasks so there is no need to copy and paste the same story points between different systems
  • It has flexible reporting system which allows you to build very custom project time tracking report based on your needs (any field or table type can be customized and you wish)
  • Schedule filtering for Teams/Groups of people
  • Expenses tracking system - if it will allow to track all fixed INs and OUTs inside the project (and track invoices based not only on time tracking but generated manually) it can replace our financial tool or make it more automated
It is suited for everyone who uses Asana/Trello/JIRA/Basecamp etc. For custom task managers, it might not be as suitable, but this is not our story.
Read Yuriy Glushakov's full review
Matthew Piccirillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2019

Everhour Essential!

It's being used across our whole organization. We are systemizing our business processes and costing our services so we depend on Everhour heavily! It solves tracking of our largest cost, our employees time. The biggest issue with trying to track this vital information is doing so in a manner that doesn't impede efficiency.
  • One click time tracking
  • Integration with our project management software (Asana)
  • Live time reporting of team
  • Summary emails daily/weekly/monthly
  • Everhour integration with Asana mobile app (the Everhour app is nice but integrating with the Asana app would make tracking on the go a lot easier).
Any businesses with people who work are well suited for Everhour! We're in a service industry so it is vital for understanding our business, however, it's important for all types of businesses and work types. We cost out the hours it takes to work on specific website projects, but we also track time to determine the cost of overhead. It's great for costing and highlighting tasks that cost our business too much time.
Read Matthew Piccirillo's full review
Julie Curtis | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2019

Everhour is ever helpful.

I use Everhour not only to track my time but to organize it, which is a lifesaver. I plan out every day by assigning time to each task, which makes it easier for me and for my team to estimate and report. This tool is the best thing that's happened to me since word processing.
  • Easy editing for time and comments.
  • Easy access to reports.
  • SO easy to use even if you're unfamiliar with it.
  • I wish that once you click the "add time comments for this task" button, that you didn't have to move the cursor into the box. It seems like a dumb step. If you're asking me to do it, assume I'm answering and please don't make me click again! Sorry for harshness; it really bothers me.
  • I like to be able to plan out my week but Everhour only allows planning ahead one day, and then editing that day ahead is limited.
I think any company that has clients for whom time is tracked would benefit from Everhour.
Read Julie Curtis's full review
Roy Leiser | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 16, 2019

Using Everhour to monitor and improve activity of the Product/Data team in a performance marketing company

In my current position, I manage a team of five BI developers and data scientists/analysts. Teams in my company have been using Everhour the past two years. We manage all our tasks over Asana (using some kind of Kanban methodology). Our Asana tasks are created by over 50 stakeholders from four departments within the organization. We use Everhour in order to monitor how much time each person spent on each task and to analyze which percentage of my team's resources were allocated to each team.
  • The simplicity of time tracking (start/stop timing)
  • The ability to change everything retroactively.
  • The highly customizable reporting feature.
  • The homepage dashboard can't be customized (as far as I know) which can definitely be improved.
Good for managing teams that handle diverse tasks and give value to different stakeholders/clients. Teams that work on different projects. Not so good for unorganized teams and forgetful employees that will not remember to monitor their work.
Read Roy Leiser's full review
Iain Quarmby | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2019

Everhour Review

Everhour has saved me many hours per week and lets me track time spent on tasks. The Asana integration was the reason why I was so keen to try it out and I am pleased I did now. I've spent a lot of hours trying to find the right solution/mix of software, and Everhour/Asana does the job perfectly.
  • Saved time.
  • Saved money.
  • Streamlined my work process.
  • Increased turnaround of work.
  • Maybe a feature to track partial payments for invoices would be helpful, but not a deal breaker – the fact it's so easy to use won me over.
Well suited for most businesses, but maybe not so much where complicated invoice structures are required.
Read Iain Quarmby's full review
Shane Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2019

Everhour has increased my productivity and the professionalism of my business.

I am a self-employed, freelance media designer, and I am using Everhour to track absolutely all work, billable and not, being done. I use Everhour to track time spent and bill clients hourly, to turn in time-sheet accounting reports, to create invoices, and to evaluate for past productivity and future estimates.
  • Everhour integrates exceptionally well into Asana.
  • The mobile app functions reliably and is simple to use on the move.
  • Reports are flexible and presentable, so I can easily find how much time is going to multiple, simultaneous projects.
  • I would like to see better (more printer-friendly) PDF documents produced by the reports.
  • I would like to be able to share time-sheet reports to clients without them having to be "on-the-team" or having an Everhour account.
  • I would like to see invoices sync to Quickbooks Self-Employed.
  • I would love to be able to choose to display time tracking within Asana to co-workers I have selected.
It is well-suited to integrating with Asana. However, it may be organizing around teams rather than solo freelancers in the future.
Read Shane Smith's full review
Darrin Walton | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 09, 2019

Everhour project time review

Everhour is being used by our company to track our productive time on projects. It tells us what our earn vs burn rate is. Where we can be more productive. Where we may need to bid more or less on projects. Lets us discover who and how many hours each of us were in a project.
  • Lets you switch between projects easily if you have to jump around.
  • Tracks your time in different phases of a job
  • Tells us a total of all people working on a project
  • More intuitive.
  • Better graphs.
Tracks project time great.
Read Darrin Walton's full review
Eduardo Lima | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 08, 2019

Everhour helps you know where you spent your time

I think this is used only by me. I think it's a great way to keep track of my own performance and show that to my managers. It addresses some issues like, knowing exactly what I did, when I did it and how much time I spent doing that. It's also good for planning the day as I know how long does take recurrent tasks. It's a useful tool.
  • Tracks how I spent time.
  • Makes me know how long it takes to do certain tasks.
  • Helps me organize my days in regard to recurrent tasks.
  • I think it's a little bit expensive as we have to pay the full year even if we are not going to use it.
It's the best integration that I've ever seen with Trello. This is the main reason I bought the yearly subscription, as I was already using Trello. It's great to track where your efforts are being assigned, so you can track your productivity and the productivity of your team.
Read Eduardo Lima's full review
Laura Cobo | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 12, 2019

The best time tracking tool on the market

At the moment we are only using it in our department in order for us to know how much time we've spent on project tasks.
  • Integrates with Asana very well.
  • Provides reports of time spent.
  • Lots of granularity on the reports.
Very well suited for a company that needs to keep track of time for certain tasks.
Read Laura Cobo's full review
Michelle Ng | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 27, 2019

Useful time-tracking and invoice creation tool for self-employed

I'm a design consultant and I use it to track the time I spent on my client's projects as well as my own projects.
  • Time tracking. The ability to put billable vs. non-billable hours, and the different views of seeing how the time is being spent are nice.
  • Invoicing. When creating an invoice, it calculates the total amount due by summing up the un-invoiced hours (basically all the hours added after the previous invoice date).
  • Would love to see integration with a payment system so when clients can pay the invoice directly the payment can be recorded automatically.
It's very useful for time-tracking. I imagine it'd be even better for someone managing a team of people.
Read Michelle Ng's full review
Joan Kolvani | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 23, 2019

Top time tracking software

Everhour is used in an organizational capacity in our company. It allows for different levels of management to obtain customized time reports.
  • Friendly user interface
  • Customization of time reports
  • Tasks are not explicitly shown when logging hours in all the pages, you may need to remember task names in some cases
  • Not enough user access levels
  • The theme color palette is very simple
Well suited for small to medium companies, or companies with a flat hierarchy. Not ideal for larger companies with complex needs for different user levels of access/visibility.
Read Joan Kolvani's full review
Adam Burdeshaw | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2019

Everhour and Asana integrate seamlessly

We use Everhour to track time to individual Asana projects, for the bulk of our organization. It helps us more accurately keep track of internal projects.
  • Integrates with Asana seamlessly.
  • Useful reporting features and customizable.
  • The ability to set different rates for different clients, projects, etc.
  • N/A
If you use Asana for project management, as we do, Everhour is the perfect compliment for tracking time to tasks and projects.
Read Adam Burdeshaw's full review
April 03, 2019

Everhour, measure little pieces of time that could save you save thousands.

Everhour is a really extraordinary tool to manage your time. It is so flexible and you can organize it in so many ways. We use it to manage the expended and the estimated time on every project so we can get statistics of how we are doing our work, and help us to make better estimations, review the workflow of our team, and make corporate decisions.

We have an integration plugin of Everhour used with Trello. We use this as our project management tool. We have our backlog in which we have the Sprint estimations with the user stories, and from that we create tasks. The tasks enter in the workflow statuses (To do, Doing, Waiting and Done), and on them, we add the Everhour estimations and the expended time. In that way we can observe all of our progress from Everhour, which makes our life a little easier and our work more efficient.
  • Integration with project management tools, like Trello, that makes the project management easier to do because you have metrics and statistics grouped on just one site.
  • Metrics of expended time per user and per project makes decisions easier You can have all the data to support changes or decisions in the company, like rentability of certain type of products offered.
  • The Everhour team is always evolving, so they always ask how you feel about everything and if anything is not working as expected. You are always surprised with new improvements that you didn't think could be useful but that end up adding value to your business.
  • At the moment, I have always expected a mobile app, or at least a PWA so you can manage your time in case you forgot to do it, and not to have to enter it on the web site.
  • Could have a system of alerts in case a task is currently started but has a significant amount of time required, like more than 3 hours. In my case that just happens if I forgot to stop the timer.
  • The reports are great but have some things to improve, like if you have several projects on Scrum and you want a report for all the tasks done on a month.
Everhour is useful in every environment where you need the measure of time for certain tasks. In most cases, this could be project management but it could also include trips or travels, conferences, congresses, or several other things that you need to take control of the time used. Its less appropriate if you are going to measure things in weeks or days, it's better to measure smaller pieces of time like minutes of hours, so you could have a more useful metrics to work with.
June 10, 2019

Great Time Tracking App

We use EverHour with Asana to track time by the client.
  • I like the functionality. It's much better than Harvest, which we were using previously.
  • In Everhour you can see people working in real time.
  • For billing, it's great, as you can also see the task associated with the time from Asana. It cuts down on a lot of unnecessary work.
  • It only allows for one project to come through from Asana, and all of our tasks have multiple projects, so I had to do some workarounds and deactivate certain projects in Everhour so that the tracking would show up as I needed.
  • I also was having a hard time getting the reporting to match clients by project. It's not super intuitive.
I think it's one of the best time tracking tools on the market. I prefer it over everything else I've tried so far. If you are working at a desk on a computer and do not need a "time clock," it's great.
March 02, 2019

Everhour -- Changed our game and made us much more efficient

We use Trello as our number one source of tracking projects (timelines and hours) within our company. The integration piece with Trello and Everhour has been a blessing for us to keep an eye on time per project and profitability.
  • Hourly Reporting -- real-time visibility per user, per day, per hour... down to the minute tracking.
  • Customizable Reports -- a great customizing platform to allow us to view exactly what we need for billing.
  • User-Friendly -- a monkey could use this system without training.
  • Would love to see more ways of customizing reporting. While it's great as it is... there is even more information we need and it can be tough to nail it down.
I'd recommend this program to anyone that would listen. It's cost effective and has given us insight into each of our projects and staff. Their training was great as well. I had a demo of it after I had already been using it and explained our specific needs and the gentleman was able to give me exactly what I needed to have it working inline with our company goals/needs. Great program.
April 04, 2019

Made understanding my time commitments so easy!

Everhour is used to track time attached to tasks in Asana. Each Asana project is related to graphic design work and Everhour tracks the time spent on each stage of the project.
  • Connects to Asana easily.
  • Easy start and stop within Asana to control time tracking.
  • Easy report generation for time tracked.
  • Understanding each category in Everhour time reports is tricky at first.
Well suited to digital freelance work. Works well when your Asana projects are organized clearly. Works well when you have a naming convention for your Asana tasks.
January 08, 2019

Pros/Cons to Everhour

Everhour is limited to my small team of 10.
  • The time tracking extension on the browser makes it easy to add time, search for tasks, and manage your hours.
  • Everhour's data exports needs a lot of help. I spend a lot of time cleaning up the data and sometimes the data doesn't reflect in the export the same way it does in the report because of tracking issues in the back-end. Best ways to improve the data exports: 1) no merged cells, 2) no line breaks.
  • While the staff is super helpful, it is quite frustrating when they are not available 24/7. Having off hours to communicate with someone makes it difficult to get my answers quickly. I haven't seen any, but perhaps having a blog/forum that sources commonly asked questions can remedy the customer service hours issue.
Everhour is wonderful to use to help track user's hours. My team used it to help us understand where we are spending our time and we analyzed the data to determine whether we are spending our time wisely.
Jennifer Hess | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2018

Tried 'em all. Everhour + Asana wins the prize.

I am the owner of the company, and I use Everhour to track time for myself and my subcontractors. All team members use the system — from web developers to tech support to project management to design. After trying nearly every system on the market, Everhour addressed the following key issues for my business:

• Bi-directional sync with QuickBooks Online to ensure invoice numbers were not duplicated and remained sequential (even when additional invoices were created in QBO independent of Everhour's system)
  • Customization of line items in invoices to allow for my preferred method of grouping & listing projects to clients (allows for grouping by several variables, and option to include task descriptions / details as needed)
  • Integration with Asana for task management and easy time tracking for items managed there
  • Great UI & UX allows users to onboard quickly & understand the system with minimal issues
  • In general, just an easy-to-use and well-designed, intuitive system
  • Unique report filtering and grouping options address my preferred method of grouping projects (by client, then by project, then by task)
  • Setting budgets for clients & projects to avoid scope creep and monitor progress
  • Start-stop timer — the ability to add notes / additional details and edit those details from both Everhour and within Asana
  • Integration with QuickBooks Online — bi-directional sync means I can continue to send invoices through QBO while still preparing & syncing hourly invoices with Everhour (without messing up my QBO records with weird extra account listings or service items)
  • Integration with Asana — allows for consistency and streamlines processes for my team, reducing the need for duplicate efforts
  • Report filtering — great, unique options for grouping and displaying time data, plus well-designed layouts
  • Budgeting — clearly displays project status in Everhour and Asana, and you can customize the email notification to ensure you're notifying the clients / team early, settings for budgeting are flexible and allow for different time / duration variables
  • I'd like to see a bit more control over user permissions and/or roles. Perhaps the ability to create a custom user role (e.g., allow users to see their own rate and pull reports accordingly).
  • A global place to set project rate to avoid having to enter it for every project. All of our team members & projects are billed at the same rate regardless of who works on it (some clients receive a discount, but that could continue to be managed within their client profile). This would also eliminate the need to display average combined rates for projects on invoices (which sometimes results in a weird decimal calculation for the rate, even when all team members and projects are currently entered using the same rate).
  • Add an offline functionality for use when internet is not available (e.g., when traveling, remote workers, etc) or desktop app that syncs upon reconnection
Great for teams needing a stop-start timer. Integration with task-based systems like Asana is very intuitive. Great for designers and developers.

May encounter some difficulty if using independently from Asana, particularly if there are a large quantity of projects and tasks, as time tracking within Everhour uses a dynamic search field which can populate with a lot of extraneous results if you don't recall the exact naming conventions of the item you're trying to track to. The search functionality is strong, it just requires a couple of steps to get to the task you're looking for. Our company has 60+ open/active projects at a time, but much of the navigation between those items occurs within the Asana interface.

Clients on retainer solutions can be tracked, but require some creative use of budget settings for monitoring retainer usage.

The system may also be difficult to use for team members who are working remotely / traveling without regular access to internet, as there is no desktop app or offline functionality.

Read Jennifer Hess's full review
Massimo De Marchi | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2018

The best tool for time tracking and project management

We currently use Everhour to track the time we spend on every task. This helps us gain insights on our work. We also use it to track time in support packages that we offer to our clients.
It's also useful to establish the various task margin and to track expenses. We plan to use it also to automate the creation of invoices.
  • Integration with GitHub let's you log time directly from GitHub dashboard.
  • Browser extension is super useful since it's a quick way to start logging time on some task.
  • Mobile app is also particularly useful as it let's you log time when you are not sitting at your desktop.
  • The mobile app has room for improvement from a UX point of view mainly.
  • The web app could be faster to load.
By experience it is a great tool for agencies for sure, as it lets you break down your task and log time on each task. It has many options on how to log hours, and it has board for tracking tasks status. It has also features for accounting, such as automatic invoice creation and client management. I don't have enough experience in other scenarios to tell whether it can fit or not, but it has a rich set of features that I think can apply to many businesses.
Read Massimo De Marchi's full review
Lars Dabney | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2018

Everhour makes every hour count

We're using Everhour across our entire organization, for tracking both billable and non-billable time spent on tasks (through the Asana integration). The most often-used metrics are time spent on retainers (which is limited per month), and actual time spent on fixed-price projects, versus projected time/billed cost. Everhour's reporting functions have proven very useful in both internally reviewing those numbers, and sharing time spent/tasks completed with clients.
  • Clean, well-presented, detailed customizable reports that can be downloaded and shared with clients, creating high levels of client confidence in our working policies & time tracking
  • Easy & seamless integration with Asana, our preferred project/task management tool
  • Readily editable entries in case you forget to run the clock (or stop it running)
  • Ability to estimate time for tasks and compare time spent to estimate
  • Clearer display of time tracking on reports--the numbers shown in the two right-hand columns aren't clear in what they mean
  • Ability to auto-send PDF reports to clients at specified intervals
Very well-suited to managing time for a team with a variety of clients and projects to consider. Ideally you want at least one person responsible for tracking budgets, estimates, and reports so that you can get the most out of the tool (on our team, that's me, though I wish I had a bit more time to spend on it). If your company does large scale estimates for fixed-price projects and you want to track actual time spent against estimates (and thus, profitability/accuracy of your proposals), it's invaluable. Same goes for if you have retainers--simplicity of tracking hours against specific retainer tasks in Asana is perfect.
Read Lars Dabney's full review
Thomas Schulze | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2018

Use Everhour to measure your most precious asset - Your time.

We use Everhour as our central tool for measuring time spent
on projects and tasks. Furthermore we use its capabilities for exports
of overviews and analysis. Even our regular working time is collected
with Everhour.
  • The API is structured well and powerful enough for our tasks at hand, that cannot or should not be done by hand.
  • The integration with Asana (our sole project planning and execution tool) to measure time spent is perfect.
  • The web-front end is designed well and easy and fast to navigate.
  • The automated synchronization of Asana projects with Everhour projects is blazing fast and error free!
  • From time to time the API-Key for Asana Integration is lost. We use OS X with Safari as browser. I do not know if this problem is specific to our environment.
  • collecting time of employees
  • categorizing work-time and mapping it to specific tasks & projects
  • integration into a cloud-based environment
Read Thomas Schulze's full review
Dimitris Rakopoulos | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2018

Top time tracking tool for project management - especially Asana

We use Everhour as a time tracking tool that is integrated to Asana - our project management tool. It is used by the entire company. It helps us track the time for all tasks that are assigned to the team members. It is a significantly helpful tool to keep track of project estimates and invoice client for tasks.

Since it works as an integration for Asana it makes our life so much easier because the time tracking is done directly from the task within Asana.

Managers can have a bird's eye view of the time schedule of all members of the team.
  • Time tracking for tasks within projects.
  • Time scheduling for team members.
  • Invoicing based on tasks.
  • Track expenses related to tasks/projects.
  • Better support for limiting actual time vs estimates - probably alerts.
  • Better tracking of Asana sub-tasks.
  • Better integration between time and Asana availability for tasks.
Everhour is an amazing time tracking tool and can be used for any task-based project. If combined with Asana or other project management tools, it works almost fluently and without any issues.

If restriction of tasks is essential, then Everhour will not work as expected. The users will see if more time is used - provided an estimate is defined - but it will notify or limit the user.
Read Dimitris Rakopoulos's full review
Claire Lockey | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 02, 2018

Brilliant software, easy to use and cost effective.

I use Everhour to track my time for clients. I am a virtual PA and I use Everhour to track time spent on each task and then generate a report at the end of each month to send with my invoice.

It helps to to manage my time and ensure I am working effectively. I can see how much time I am spending against each task and it is really easy to see how I am doing against my client's time allowance and budget.
  • I love that I can integrate this with Asana and have a timer against each task.
  • I can generate reports for clients with ease.
  • I can track what time I have left against each client's allocation.
  • Maybe an integration with my invoicing system - Wave
It has worked really well when integrated with Asana, I love that I can track each task quickly and easily.
Read Claire Lockey's full review
Rachel Manning | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2018

Everhour tracks time like a beast and is easy to use

We use it to log time in Asana. It's integrated really well, so no one has to leave the project management system to track their time. It's also giving us insight into how our time is being used, and if we are profitable with our hours.
  • Everhour and Asana work very fluidly together. We would not be as accurate with our time if their native functions weren't as capable.
  • Everhour's interface is easy to use and understand. The reporting is simple but robust.
  • Everhour provides good pricing structure that is super competitive.
  • I'd like more mobile functionality. I can't track time in Asana from my android, and that would be a game changer.
  • I'd like more visibility of Everhour time logs within Asana.
  • I'd like more ability to format my reports before downloading them - the PDFs are ugly.
Everhour is great for simple, transparent time tracking, which is exactly what it aims to do. I don't use the expense or invoicing feature, as I find they don't give me enough ability to control my invoicing as something like Zoho does. So I just use the time tracking - that's what they're best at.
Read Rachel Manning's full review
Raphael Sanguinete | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 09, 2018

The best time tracking tool that I've used (and I used a lot)

Everhour is being used by me and my partners to manage projects from different areas that we work with (music, filmmaking and game development). By its tight integration with Asana, it help us do a more accurate time estimate for our tasks, and visualize and iterate quickly with our schedule for the days/weeks that we are planning.
  • Integration with Asana is very very nice!
  • Time estimates and total time worked can be shown in many different ways right inside your PM software.
  • Everhour's dashboard, timesheet and reports are beautiful and easy to use.
  • As not all members are always so organized to start and stop the timer, it would be good if there was a way for the manager to fill in that info when needed.
  • Sometimes (rarely) the Everhour integration with Asana (by the Chrome extension) fails and don't show up.
I've used a ton of other time tracking tools, and none of them gave me the powers and the seamless integration with the tools that I already use for project management as Everhour did. The product seems to be getting better and better, with new features added each month.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review

About Everhour

Everhour is presented as simple and accurate time tracking software for teams.

The vendor says the product allows users to:
  • See who’s tracking time, who’s overworked and who can handle more.
  • Keep track of all your project budgets, schedule threshold alerts, use forward resource planning.
  • Build any kind of reports and send professional-looking invoices.

Everhour integrates with project management apps so users can track time on tasks right from its interface: Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Jira, GitHub and others.