Learning administration (19)
Progress tracking & certifications (21)
Course catalog or library (20)
Learning reporting & analytics (21)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Skilljar Customer Education Software, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Skilljar is a solution to educate, engage, and retain everyone a business interacts with. Skilljar is an external LMS that is purpose-built for customer and partner education. It enables the user to build courses, design learning paths, monetize training, and improve the customer experience through actionable analytics.
Turn new buyers into successful users:
Skilljar’s external LMS helps onboard customers and partners and turn them into experts on a product.
Partner with the experts in external education:
Skilljar is purpose-built for external education. Employs best practice for using education to expand the impact of a business along the entire customer journey.
Drive measurable impact & profitability:
Educating users at scale decreases the number of support calls while allowing CS teams to focus on strategically growing customer satisfaction, driving revenue, and increasing profitability.
Improve customer retention:
Trained customers are more likely to use a product, understand the value, and not churn.
Get data-driven insights:
Integrate Skilljar data with a CRM, marketing automation, and other customer-related platforms to provide actionable insights for improving customer success and growing a business.
Strengthen the power of a brand:
Create an ecosystem of trained and certified customers and partners. Turn customers into product experts and evangelists.
The vendor boasts companies who care about product adoption and customer success as users of Skilljar, such as Tableau, DocuSign, Twilio, Procore, and Gong.io.
|Mobile Application||Mobile Web|
- Easy to use and edit across the team.
- Many types of content to choose from in order to create a truly well-rounded learning experience.
- Support beyond the product - CSM, coffee chats, resources galore.
- More flexibility in how courses vs. catalog pages show up. We sort of hack the system to make it show up to learners how we want it to, but it's not ideal.
- The UI is very sleek and easy to navigate from the learner's perspective.
- Great implementation and customer support.
- Helpful out of the box integrations.
- Great community.
- No preview or testing capabilities-- getting around this requires a ton of unnecessary duplicative pages and courses.
- No bulk actions, so copying lessons into multiple courses is extremely tedious.
- Learning paths are missing a lot of functionality that standalone courses have.
- Doesn't integrate well with Rise360 and other authoring tools.
- creating courses
- creating paths/catalogs
- ease of use
- not always do easy to create learning paths, lots of dragging that doesnt "stick"
- id like better awareness ad to whether ive loaded the video before, perhaps a prompt
- User interface is easy to navigate.
- Analytics page is comprehensive and easy to understand.
- Paths are great way to host courses.
- We use a technical writing software to write our material, one that Skilljar doesn't integrate with. So uploading article is a hassle.
- Creating content directly in Skilljar could be an option if the content field was more built out and complex.
- The folks at Skilljar are all pretty great, our values closely align.
- The annual conference is spectacular and probably (definitely?) the best Customer Education conference available.
- It would be great to drag and drop lessons from one course to the next. There's some work to be done with content authoring.
- Our education is free, and often customers will ask if we can provide SCORM packages for our courses. Skilljar doesn't provide this functionality. :(
- Skilljar provides a hassle-free implementation that won't take a year and a half
- Every Skilljar employee - from their co-founder, Staci, to the account executive supporting your business - possesses a true passion for customer education.
- Their platform provides me with all the functionality and features I need, and none that I don't.
- More robust custom report building capability
- Enhance the WYSIWYG editor for category pages
- Make it easier to create quizzes and surveys
- Customer Success
- Listening to feedback
- Stronger partnership with the verniers they work with so integrations can be more robust
- Building out new functionality wuciker
- Theme customization
- Adding features
- Growth and listening to customers
- Clarity of their training options
- Where to find info
- How to use info
- Salesforce integration
- Single Sign-on
- Custom solutions
- Review documentation regularly, especially with new onboarding customers. Although there is lots of documentation, some of it is dated or a bit incomplete in places.
- Community enhancement requests and forums
- Email customization
- Low-code, user-friendly interface
- Very responsive and informed client support throughout implementation and beyond
- Great analytics insights into user behavior
- I'd love to see more ways to increase lesson interactivity, without requiring advanced knowledge of instructional design authoring tools
- Upload/organize/manage SCORM files
- Create user groups
- Tag content and group courses
- Basic analytics
- Advanced or deep dive analytics and visualization
- Create content in-platform (instead of uploading SCORM files)
- Content organization
- Customer service
- Custom theming
- Custom paths based on need
- Great implementation team
- Amazing product training
- Easy course management
- Quizzes could improve
- Easier ways to navigate back to the home page
- Easy content uploading
- Easy interface
- Fantastic support and customer success team
- More file types for course content (like tincan)
- Better user management (subgroups)
- Makes complex content easily digestible
- Enables self-paced learning
- Readily accommodates custom requests
- More group-based analytics would be helpful
- Better mobile accessibility to dashboard functions would be nice, especially for pdf content
- User side interface
- Content creation
- Catalog Management
- Smooth out clunky admin processes
- Provide troubleshooting guidance for end users
- More advanced lessons
- Customer Service / Support
- Flexibility in the Product
- Ease of use
- Connects to most other platforms that your company uses like Zoom or Salesforce.
- Provides easy to use features for the customer and the user.
- They constantly improve the product.
- Needs more social learning tools like discussion boards and points or emblems.
- Analytics do show usage in a few different ways but they are clunky reports.
- The ability to store videos and include them as part of training.
- Simple themes help with company branding.
- Learning paths to group courses together.
- It would be nice for a learner to instantly know which courses they are enrolled in.
- Analytics are decent, but I rely on other data management tools to share with others.
- It would be great to be able to include rich media files such as videos inside of text lessons.
- User experience (UX).
- Course setup.
- Implementation support.
- Learning paths.
- Subscription e-Commerce functionality.
- Customer education/certification.
- Employee onboarding and learning paths.
- Easy content management.
- Reporting on all eLearning activities.
- Lacks reporting. Trend reports by time, by company, easy dashboards.
- Does not support course assignments to groups or individual learners with dates.
- Learner dashboard for gamification, learning record, and custom splash messages are not available.
- Live sessions are easy to manage.
- Student administration.
- Great help pages.
- More analytics without have to purchase data connector.
- More flexibility on page design without heavy code snippets.
Less helpful for internal education where hierarchies are in place.
We are required to report to our customers on the usage of each customer. There is not an easy way to organize these reports.
Sometimes there is confusion in publishing content. It's a lot of boxes to check, then has to be added to pages, etc. Some sort of publishing template might be helpful. I use the same settings for 85% of my content.
- UI is intuitive and easy to use/follow and looks good.
- Creating and uploading content is simple and effective.
- Updating and managing users.
- Reporting is good.
- Built in certification is good.
- I would like a direct integration with our LMS to skip steps and save time (Greenhouse ATS).
- It would be great if Skilljar created some out-of-the-box compliance trainings such as Sexual Harassment and Corporate Internet Policy.
- Easy to use
- The Analytics embedded in the platform could improve.