Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT
Raiser's Edge NXT is used to manage alumni, donor, and prospect information.
- Manage biographical and giving history.
- Accessible query and reporting functions.
- Track visits and other interactions with constituents.
- Needs more robust gift entry options in web view.
- Needs better/more user-friendly import tools (currently met by 3rd party add-ons at a cost).
- Web view dashboards should NOT require extra $$ add-ons to do more than very basic reporting.
- Needs access to more Education fields in web view list building (i.e., education attributes, which are heavily used by many colleges and universities).
- Query/lists/segmenting constituents.
- Accurate gift tracking and reporting.
- Ability to create giving files that allow smooth reconciliation with finance.
- Much better reporting capabilities.
- Better options for coding and grouping gifts (campaigns, appeals, etc).
- Web view dashboards make analysis more accessible to staff and executives.
By utilizing screening information and/or the built-in prospect information, we are able to better segment our donors for more appropriate asks. We are also able to identify donors who may be able to make more substantial gifts and do further individual research to determine if they are major gift prospects.
It used to be better. I think the courses are (mostly) still there, but these new learning trees make it nearly impossible to get to the particular training people need. And some of the prerequisites are ridiculous.
Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?
Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?
Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?
For most medium to large non-profits, especially in the education sector, Raiser's Edge is the industry leader for good reason. It manages constituent, giving, contact, mailing, prospect and event information well. It also has pretty robust export and reporting capabilities. For some small non-profits, it is definitely overkilled and can be cost prohibitive... and the costs keep rising. Good and accurate customer support is not as strong as it used to be, which can be an issue with an increasingly complex product.