Fuze- Unified Communications as a Service-
Updated May 21, 2019
Fuze- Unified Communications as a Service-
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Fuze
I have used both online and telephone support and have been completely satisfied. The overwhelming majority of our support requests have been user provisioning and de-provisioning, and with the introduction of the Fuze Hub recently I'm in a self-service mode. The only real tech support was right after go-live getting our firewall rules perfect. We have had no support calls for dropped calls or poor quality in two years. Support has been great, just haven't needed much of it.
Basecamp and a great team made it the smoothest rollout of a large infrastructure project I have been involved with. Flawless setup in both locations, USA and Holland, every device set up and delivered as promised. Their process was extremely well-defined and the rollout was easy and on time.
I implemented Fuze in an environment with approximately 90 users, for a manufacturer of marine equipment in Fort Lauderdale. It is currently used across the whole organization, which consists of facilities in Fort Lauderdale and Holland, in addition to a mobile service group working around the world. Fuze addresses the distributed nature of the workforce and allows voice, video, and text collaboration between our offices and mobile users.
- The Fuze implementation process was the smoothest and best-organized roll-out of any major infrastructure project I have been involved with. The engineering and sales team provided a clear roadmap, stuck to it, and performed flawlessly.
- The system stability, voice quality, user provisioning and de-provisioning, and overall ease of use is something Fuze has done particularly well. Whatever I need is there in the portal, and the 'take-it-for-granted' feeling the users have is a huge strength.
- Continuous improvement- in the two years this company has used Fuze we have seen numerous updates to the softphone, new features in the desktop phones, and constant communication from our customer advocates and support team.
- Tech support- rarely used but responsive and experienced, a definite strength.
- A more aggressive end-user training and help scenario. Users who are unfamiliar with UCaaS and are wedded to the traditional role of the desktop phone can be slow picking up the idea of a UCaaS account and all the benefits and possibilities. More visible links and reminders on the phones, softphones, and apps, and easy access to short videos put right in front of users' eyes might help user adoption.
All 90 users are on Fuze voice, most of them with a desktop phone. Some users use the softphone, some use the app, and there is a lot of crossover in that most desktop phone users also use the app on their mobile device. We were able to start fresh with Fuze as we built and moved into a new facility, so all new infrastructure. That put everyone on the same platform at the same time.
At the time we were looking, Fuze was the only UCaaS provider with enough global presence to get the Holland office a local number within the Fuze system, making it easy for us to manage both locations in one place. The pricing and features from Fuze, and the ability to consolidate voice, video, and text between our two offices under one platform drove the decision.
Fuze Feature Ratings
70 - All line of business departments including logistics, finance, administration; and the production, sales, and service teams. We have a distributed and mobile workforce with offices in Holland and the USA. We use Fuze with traditional desk phones, softphones, mobile devices, and for video and audio conferencing.
1 - I support Fuze but it doesn't require much effort other than adding/removing users as the organization changes. We occasionally have trouble with a Yealink hard phone, but the softphones and mobile apps so far have been seamless. The only real work was in the original setup in 2016, but Fuze has been stable. With the expanded capabilities of hub.fuze.com self-service is easy and quick.
- Continued expansion of conferencing and mobile app; Fuze constantly updating and adding features
Stable, quality calls, predictable costs, no trouble or lost time. I am thoroughly pleased with Fuze's performance in the day to day dial tone provisioning, and the expanded features, quality service, and ongoing development. This is not a company that has stood still in the two and a half years we have been with them, and I look forward to working with them in the future.
Evaluating Fuze and Competitors
- Product Features
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
Fuze was the only UC vendor during the evaluation period that could get us a local number on their system for the Holland office. They had the global presence at the time and having everything in one bill and managed through one point of contact made a huge difference for me.
The UC space has evolved significantly in the last couple of years. I am pleased with Fuze and we will be with them through December of 2020. In the third quarter of 2020 I will begin evaluating, but I expect continued evolution and competition like Microsoft Teams to continue to pressure companies like Fuze. Predicting how I might change my evaluation and selection process is premature at this time. If I was renewing right now I would definitely stick with Fuze.
Yes - We brought the Holland office online first, then Fort Lauderdale, so really two implementations. Well handled by Fuze, organized and done professionally, no issues.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - Don't even know if it's available. No need for it for us at all if it is available.
During our provisioning they were exceptional in helping troubleshoot firewall issues and helping us get our rules correct. Not really support, more configuration, but excellent expertise. Fuze support has done everything we have ever asked in an efficient and timely manner.
Stable, quality platform, cloud PBX and self-service through hub.fuze.com makes operation and administration easy.
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Desk phones are desk phones, dial tones and buttons so the basic functionality is familiar. Adding personalized aspects like speed dial and backgrounds is easy and intuitive
- Starting meetings is easy.