Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We use the Scale servers as our main production servers for our entire organization. We also use it for our offsite disaster recovery use. It helped our organization to quickly move to an all virtual environment and allows for future processing and storage growth. It also gives us a better disaster recovery plan with offsite storage.
- Very easy implementation and migration.
- Great support from Scale Computing.
- A good path for expansion and growth.
- Firmware is so simple, Scale technical support backs up our data, implements the updates and verifies all servers are operational.
- I would like to see Scale allow a totally different snapshot scheduling for our offsite backups.
- More training for end users to allow us to see potential issues.
Excellent technical support. Scale support is very good at fixing issues or implementing updates. Very easy to talk with and I have never had to wait to speak to a support person.
We run all of our production applications on the Scale servers. Every department is dependent of server application uptime. We have had NO outages since moving to the Scale clusters.
- Very low cost on the initial purchase of the equipment.
- No cost support for the first 3 years of ownership.
- File storage allow us to utilize the the thin-provisioned storage.
Price was a huge factor. Of the products we looked at the Scale HC3 package was considerably cheaper, but had processing, storage and virtualization we needed. I spoke to other companies in our line of business that own the Scale servers and all were so happy they moved over to Scale.
This a great solution for smaller organizations to utilize a virtual environment that takes advantage of hyper converged environment. It has all of our CPU processing, SAN storage, and processing memory in one package that is very easy to monitor utilization and at a very low cost.
User Experience with Scale Computing
Do you think Scale Computing Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Scale Computing Platform's feature set?
Did Scale Computing Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Scale Computing Platform go as expected?
Would you buy Scale Computing Platform again?
Our Scale cluster was very easy to setup and to maintain. Scale support is very knowledgeable and helpful. When initially setting up the cluster we had a question and we did not have to wait on hold for a support person. He answered our questions and gave additional advise for other options. We have had ZERO issues with our servers. Very happy
Our only issue was during initial setup. Scale support quickly assisted us, because we made a dumb mistake, but Scale support got us back on track very fast.
Using Scale Computing HC3
42 - All of our internal users (roughly 40) are accessing the Scale cluster, but it is myself and our MSP that do the support on the cluster.
1 - I am the lone in-house support person. Although I have extensive IT experience, very little expertise is needed to maintain the servers.
- The need for expandable storage and replication
- Need for redundancy
- A requirement for off-site snapshots
- Low cost alternative to Veeam backups
- Low cost replacement for VMware
- The ability to remotely manage storage options
- Deduplication of remote snapshots
- The ability to off-time schedule snapshots
We love the Scale product because they are lower costs that others, but support and hardware are excellent.
Evaluating Scale Computing HC3 and Competitors
Yes - We were using HP ML380 servers running VMware. We needed additional storage and were looking for an alternative to VMware.
- Advisor recommendation
- Implementation support
We contacted several companies that are using Scale to get their opinion of the product. All were outstanding.
Scale Computing HC3 Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Since this a new product to me, i insisted on premium support. I prefer to have support available when I need it, although I have rarely had to use it , it's nice to have that "warm and fuzzy feeling" knowing I have it available to us.
Using Scale Computing HC3
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Setting up virtual snapshots and scheduling
- Creating a new virtual server
- Managing storage
- Managing CPU and memory
- Contacting support (if needed)