Reviews (1-15 of 15)
- ABM (Account Based Marketing) is their strongest offering. Their ABM platform tools such as Ad Targeting is very simple to use with minimum training. It is so much easier to use than other ABM platform we reviewed in the past.
- Analytics quality is one of the best we have used if not the best. We love the UI and it is not convoluted with so much data.
- Account Selection which is also part of their ABM Platform is intuitive and very useful. It allows us to quickly choose our target customers with lookalike modeling or intent data. It also help us to rank our target accounts better.
- One of the tool called "Engagement Orchestration" was not as good as other platforms we reviewed such as Engagio.
- Hard to say without doing the full cost analysis with others we reviewed but their tool is more expensive than other platforms that are out there.
- I wish they offered more in-depth trainings and office hours to ask questions like how Salesforce does it.
- Target specific industries to have the right content on our site
- Get the information from specific companies and knowing their activity on the website
- Help you create other ways that content can be tailored for specific companies and/or industries
- Pricing can be a problem with Demandbase, it is a great service but some programs are not sustainable
- Give customers advice on what works and what doesn't from their experience working with other organizations
- For B2B companies, this is a great tool that provides accurate targeting and easy to personalize for these types of sales.
- This is one of the best tools for quality leads on product sales, which makes it one of the best ABM tools out there.
- It is great to see simple to advanced real-time site analytics/traffic statistics for websites.
- Demandbase is best at helping with great insights that can help further push website traffic.
- It can take quite a while for data to be extrapolated by Demandbase.
- The pricing for their products isn't really flexible for startup companies, which I think should be treated as a more valuable customer in their market.
- Sometimes the simplification that Demandbase likes to feature causes data to be a little bit too innaccurate and generalized.
- ABM Enablement, Account Insights.
- Orchestration of a full ABM campaign (Digital, Media, Enablement).
- ABM focused web strategies.
- IP based targeting, I feel like I'm wasting impressions at the account level since it's not able to target by job title.
- Too expensive, their CPM is high!
- Full integrations of their offerings, too many dashboards.
- Provides firmographic data that we can infuse into our analytics system.
- Provides firmographic data that we can infuse into our marketing automation system.
- Allows us to dynamically shorten our lead gen forms with firmagraphic data such as industry, company revenue and employee range.
- Dynamic forms integration requires expert JS knowledge.
- Analytics integration requires expert JS knowledge.
- API integration requires developer resources thus this isn't a plug and play integration.
Demandbase basically provides additional data such as industry, industry, whether the visitor company is B2B or B2C, etc. about the visitors to our sites.
We have currently implemented it on selected sites and have plans to implement it all the external sites.
- Demandbase provides easy integration with Adobe Analytics. This is available through a connector or through APIs which can be embedded in the website pages
- Demandbase attributes are available in Adobe Target for targeting purposes
- Demandbase data is available for reporting in Site Catalyst just like other custom evar and sprops
- It would be nice if the connector to Adobe Analytics allowed more attributes to be selected. Currently the connector is limited to 8 fixed and 8 custom variables be selected.
- Demandbase provides company info, our users are looking for site info as well. E.g. Most big enterprises have multiple locations and our users will like to get to business site for targeting.
However, if you plan to identify visitors to your B2C site, then I am not sure how useful it is going to be.
I do not know if there is a Demandbase integration with other analytics and testing technologies such as Google Analytics, Google Test and Target, Maximizer, etc. I believe that they should exist.
- Data integration with Google Analytics is great. It gives us additional data points to segment and analyze.
- The forms module decreases the number of form fields we need to ask our prospects but also passes more firmographic information behind the scenes.
- Demandbase Content gives us great flexibility to use along with Optimizely to run split test messaging to different industries.
- A front end interface to help manage the content module would be helpful.
- Having default dashboards and reports available in Google Analytics would help.
- Helps B2B companies see what companies, industries and types of companies are interested in their products
- Allows companies to proactively target content based upon type of company or company size
- Allows companies to use online chat for specific companies that they are targeting in the sales process
- There will always be improvements that can be made to increase accuracy of visitor identification, especially from smaller companies using local ISP's
- Demandbase helps streamline online ad spend by allowing me to serve display ads only the organizations that matter in order to grow our business. This cuts our ad spend by nearly 50% with increase performance. Combining this with the Demand Performance tool, I can now see exactly how these campaigns are directly impacting my pipeline without the need to BI or 3rd party tools.
- Demandbase allows me to personalize my website experience based upon any parameter I deem important so that the customer experience on our site is as personalized as possible. The more personal I can make our website experience, the higher our conversion rates climb.
- Demandbase's Analytics allows the sales organization to stay informed with how prospects are engaging with our website, even if they are not in our CRM system. This allows them to be contextual in their follow up as well as identify new prospects with whom they are not yet engaged - all without requiring a sales person to become proficient with site analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Omniture.
- The growth of the Target Advertising platform could allow users to build their own ads without the requirement of the ad management team. This would streamline speed to market and testing methodologies while freeing up internal resources to build product and consult with clients for optimized success.
- Add Company information to web traffic.
- Fill out hidden fields on forms to reduced required fields and increase conversion rates.
- Add custom fields to the web traffic such as Customer vs. Prospects.
- They should add the ability to easily add the Duns number to your web data if you have a contract with D&B.
A must have tool for any B2B company to prioritize sales, personalize marketing and improve customer support. Demandbase is for account-level insights to boost ROI
- Demandbase is a reverse IP technology which plugs into your website and maps a visitor on your website to large enterprises (in real-time) and reveals crucial attributes such as industry, size, revenue, location etc. They have improved their match rate in the US from 16-20% to 33-35% in the US. Outside of the US the match rate is low, around 10%. This is most useful for a B2B company. If you use the demandbase technology on your website then you can tell apart the visits coming from your potential or existing client companies and serve them better. It opens up a world of possibilities of learning about what products and services your future or existing clients are interested in and what kind of support they are looking for - by marrying web analytics data with Demandbase.
- This technology only works for visits emerging from large enterprises. If the visitor is accessing your website from outside of his/her company network (e.g. working from home and using an ISP) then you can not identify those visits. Also, if there is IP-spoofing used by some large/mid-size corporations then you can get falsified data.
- Same logic holds for small or micro businesses where the business uses an ISP (internet service provider such as Comcast or AT&T) to browse your website then those visits can not be mapped back to a particular small/micro business.
- Prior to working with Demandbase I was completely against analytics, I wanted nothing to do with them and wanted to stay as far away from them as possible. However, after being introduced to Demandbase, I realized how easy it was to use. Demandbase made it very easy to be able to tag the sites you wanted to track. I was able to get information as far back as 3 months, any further and I was able to get that information directly from Demandbase Customer Service.
- Starting off I had to just log into Demandbase and I was sent to the home page. Afterwards I had to go to the tab where the analytic data was stored. There I was able to select the websites I wanted to track, the type of companies I was interested in (i.e global, states, which states, how large, by reveneue, etc.) I was also able to see how the companies accessed our sites (i.e. which search engine, which search words , etc.) This made it easier for me to make an analysis and provide the team with a direction on what was and wasn't working. This also helped me to determine where to place our advertisements.
- Unfortunately, I ran into one big problem and a couple small problems with Demandbase. Starting off with the big problem, the site would sometimes provide me with multiple URLs for one page, which would throw my analysis off because I would have to locate the same page name and make sure the URLs added up. However, sometimes Demandbase would return my page name as "Not Found", although information on that page was provided. I had contacted Demandbase to resolve but they told me it was our engineers, our engineers said everything was fine and it was Demandbase. Thus, I would have to eliminate a couple pages to make my analysis fluid.
- Another issue with Demandbase was removing sites from the tagged list, took too much time. You had to remove each site, one by one, there was no ability to remove a bulk amount of sites at one time. This obviously took up time and made it a nuisance. Also, You can have up to 150 different URLs in the tag list, for a company like VMware, that quota was met very quickly. Thus I had to remove some URLs and re-tag them later. This took time and made the process way too long. I think it would be easier if Demandbase created the ability to create URL groups and save them, so I can reuse them later.
- It provided firmographic information on who is visiting your site and what they are doing. This info can be used by sales and targeting your content
- It works well for US/CND companies but does not work well for EMEA and APAC companies. In APAC region, many companies are using ISP to run their internet and DB cannot detect which companies are these - make sense.
- Serves up relevant content on your website in conjunction with your CMS. Example: If someone from Healthcare industry comes to the DocuSign website - we servce them a relevant Call To Action and content - whitepapers, webinars, etc.
- Streamlines our forms to optimize the experience for folks trying to get information - we don't have to ask as many field forms, so our conversion rates are higher. Form simplification without missing out on necessary info for sales to qualify the lead and have a better conversation
- Serves up targeted content on our homepage, so visitors do not bounce right away because they do not realize we have a solution for them
- The product does what it says it will do
Demandbase Scorecard Summary
Demandbase offers a comprehensive set of marketing solutions purpose-built for the account-based needs of B2B. The Demandbase B2B Marketing Cloud includes Advertising, Marketing, Sales and Analytics solutions. According to the vendor, their solution provides B2B marketers with an unprecedented ability to get results from their existing marketing technology.
Demandbase Technical Details