Terminus states that lead-focused strategies were built for another era and traditional marketing playbooks aren’t working anymore. To revitalize the role of marketing as a revenue engine is to engage target accounts across the entire customer lifecycle. So Terminus empowers...
It is being used by our Sales and Marketing teams …
We use it to launch our global digital ABM campaigns at scale, create segmented accounts lists, and power our ABM reporting and …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Terminus ABM Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Terminus states that lead-focused strategies were built for another era and traditional marketing playbooks aren’t working anymore. To revitalize the role of marketing as a revenue engine is to engage target accounts across the entire customer lifecycle. So Terminus empowers marketers to surround ideal customers with multi-channel experiences fueled by first-party data, advertising, and a scalable ABM approach.
Terminus's goals include:
Powering the Revenue Flywheel
Terminus goes beyond top of funnel to activate the entire go-to-market growth engine, including pipeline creation, acquisition, retention, and expansion.
Capture First Party Data
Terminus helps to build a compounding first party data asset for targeting and identification that is not reliant on cookies and goes beyond intent to include multiple buying signals.
Engage Buyers with Distinctive Experiences
The Terminus ABM Platform delivers engaging human experiences across Ads, Chat, Web, and Email.
- Supported: Ad Targeting
- Supported: LinkedIn Ads
- Supported: Email Signature Marketing
- Supported: Web Personalization
- Supported: Advanced Attribution Measurement
- Supported: Revenue Measurement
- Supported: Retargeting
- Supported: Sales Activation
- Supported: Account Level Engagement Data
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||25%|
- Lead nurturing
- B2B targeting
- Signal reporting
- Proving ROI
- Slow UX
- Banner updates
- Intent measurement through bombora
- Building targeted advertising lists
- Managing our ad spend
- Detailed source information on site visits
- Improved IP tracking of chats on site
It is being used by our Sales and Marketing teams currently with plans to deploy to Client Service.
It allows us to advertise intelligently, activate sales and marketing initiatives at the right time, and understand how our marketing in terms of pipeline and acceleration.
- Advertising to the right accounts
- Activating sales with intent and engagement information through alerts and dashboards
- Activating campaigns using intent and engagement information
- Artificial Intelligence for sales readiness predictions
- Self-service alert system
- More advertising channels (outside of display and LinkedIn) would be nice
We also use intent data within Terminus ABM Platform to tailor the advertising which we are serving to a particular account. Those target lists are also synced to LinkedIn Ads to give us a similar level of targeting in LinkedIn. This data also helps inform our more [hands-on] sales activity with those accounts all the way through the funnel.
- Serving account targeted ads across a wide range of display ad providers
- Matching account based browsing data to target lists
- Identifying need and interest in particular accounts with intent data
- Identifying anonymous web traffic on our site from target accounts
- Reporting on ABM activity and metrics
- Integration with HubSpot is lacking
- Interface can be slow and a bit clunky at times
- Certain functions still rely on the Terminus ABM Platform support team manually configuring things for us (including simply adding a user to our account)
Probably not so useful if you're operating with a more traditional inbound strategy as display ads tend to be better for the above use case than lead generation campaigns. However, that said, it gives much better retargeting capability than other platforms, so that would be useful in supporting inbound campaigns.
- Real time intent data & segmentation based on intent spikes
- Ad delivery based on engagement & ideal company profile
- The chat interface & routing makes it easier to address potential objectives
- The ad experiences platform does not have enough levers that digital marketers can pull to optimize campaign performance
- IP detection has been a little less than accurate
- Reporting could be more robust for better insights
- [It] has a very simple interface that is very user-friendly for creating and executing digital campaigns.
- [The] customer success team is probably the best I've ever worked with - knowledgeable, quick to respond, truly understands your needs, and is there with you every step of the way.
- [The] implementation team provided a flawless experience and got us up and running in a couple [of] weeks with a detailed plan.
- The ability for in-house marketing teams to have more control over campaign changes with deeper insight into campaign performance metrics to make those decisions.
- Serves ads
- Displays stats
- Helps analyze data
- Data reporting in real time would be an improvement
- Adding benchmarks would be helpful
We use it to launch our global digital ABM campaigns at scale, create segmented accounts lists, and power our ABM reporting and analytics.
We use it to serve up account intelligence insights to our sales and CS teams, creating alignment across the rev org as it relates to our target/high-fit accounts.
- Targeted digital ABM campaigns at scale
- Sales intelligence and insights for target accounts
- ABM reporting and analytics
- Deeper "dark funnel" account signals and intelligence
- Integrations with other key tech (Gainsight, Salesloft, Slack, etc.)
- More coordinated robust sales and marketing orchestration
- Ability to target key accounts at the right time through multiple mediums such as display advertising, social advertising, email advertising, and chat.
- Actionable, timely insights with 1st and 3rd party intent signals.
- Highly customizable, often incorporating user feedback directly into the product.
- Terminus ABM Platform can improve upon its ease of use for reporting, with multiple product lines incorporated via acquisition, it can be challenging to customize and consolidate your engagement metrics.
100% of our marketing campaigns run on the back of Terminus, as the platform has become central to our marketing technology stack. The platform is owned and operated by Marketing, but relies heavily on Sales for input and alignment.
- ABM Display Advertising - Targeting the right accounts and the right roles with the right messaging at scale.
- ABM Analytics and Reporting - Providing insight into account engagement and progression across the marketing and sales funnels.
- Support - The Terminus support model is phenomenal. They are dedicated to customer success, and they work closely with their customers to drive real business outcomes.
- The Terminus platform is constantly evolving and improving. Over the past couple of years they have made major changes to the platform and its core features. This can be hard to keep up with, but is always welcome.
- Getting all of your metrics, across all of your efforts, across all of your accounts/contacts/leads is very challenging. The Terminus product team has made major strides, but there is still work to be done.
However, if you are targeting multiple departments at lots of accounts, then Terminus is your answer. You can dial up and down by role or by account, and you can further transition from shotgun marketing to rifle shot marketing.
- Easy to create and launch a new campaign.
- Simple integration with Gmail.
- More streamlined employee profiles with fewer fields.
- They offer banner design services, and their pricing is pretty fair.
- The learning curve is simple with their platform.
- They produce a lot of educational content that can be useful for marketing ideas.
- Support times are iffy. We've had slower replies and resolutions to issues since they acquired Sigstr and now support both products.
- Display advertising generally has low ROI, in part due to "banner blindness". If you're not continuously developing engaging creatives, you're going to see very little return with this platform.
- Their UI needs serious work. Some options are locked after you move to the next screen in their campaign wizard (nothing should ever be locked in draft) and unless they've recently changed it, you can't delete dead draft campaigns - just archive them.
- There are a few serious discrepancies in the analytics when it comes to identifying which end companies have people who have viewed your ads (i.e. Microsoft has huge numbers because Azure is their product).
- Personalized Outreach
- Funneling Prospects
- Lead Conversion
- Sales-specific tools
- Permission-based functionality
It would be less appropriate for companies who receive the majority of their leads through general run-rate inbound leads.
- Terminus provides great insight into the effectiveness of account-based marketing efforts.
- Terminus has unlocked a higher level of our growth funnel to assess the behavior of prospects before they leave us their information.
- Terminus' insights allow us to optimize our efforts and marketing efforts.
- Terminus has useful insight but it doesn't translate into actionable intelligence for all users.
- Terminus could improve through proactive suggestions delivered at the point of consumption, which for most sellers is the CRM. Standalone data in a field is only useful if the user thinks to look for it.
- Terminus might deliver some of the features above in their UI, but most users don't want to go a separate UI. It should all be in CRMs (for sellers and SDRs).
- Great at understanding our offline campaign touchpoints
- Couldn't build out the whole multi-attribution model
- Hard to customize
- It has the potential to be a powerful tool.
- Vast amount of salesforce fields available to be mapped
- Mostly accurate data
- Bugs - lots of buggy issues
- More flexibility in what you can pull into columns
- User experience
- Targeted advertising
- ABM reporting metrics
- Customer support
- Reporting. They seem to want to take credit for any opportunity/sales movement or web traffic, regardless of whether ads drove it.
- Speed. Everything goes through them, meaning that when we want to launch new ads, we'd have to wait several days for it to go through their own review process. Felt a little like there's less magic and more hamster wheel happening behind the scenes.
- Persona targeting. If you're targeting large accounts, even drilling down to specific departments yields a high number of users/devices. It'd be nice to target specific users if we have those identified.
- Touchpoints over time on an opportunity.
- Tells us which campaigns were most successful in terms of attribution.
- Great for looking at different attribution models.
- It does not have an integration with Salesforce - It would be nice to use one tool instead of two to do this reporting
- Targeting ads at ICP companies.
- Measuring marketing effectiveness against sales pipeline and revenue.
- Seeing target accounts in one hub and analyzing their current status.
- The UI in the ad platform isn't the best, it could be refined.
- Updating the hub more than once a day.
- Evenly weighted multi-touch attribution.l
- Other attribution models such as 40-20-40.
- Visualizing campaign performance in different models side by side.
- Visualizing campaign performance by channel side by side.
- Ease of integration with SFDC.
- Ability to see the difference between pre and post opportunity touches.
- The cards or tiles in the dashboard can be cumbersome to set up.
- There can be caching issues that display incorrect values.
- They have an excellent onboarding and customer success team that is willing to invest the time needed to make your program successful.
- Their ability to target specific personas and companies based on field mapping to SFDC make it very easy to implement a campaign that is targeted to the right audience, which helps increase efficiency.
- Their reporting capabilities, especially since the purchase of BrightFunnel, is very strong and continues to improve all of the time.
- I only have one concern. With the purchase of bright funnel, all of the development of the tool is now going towards their analytics capabilities. This means that the import of data into Salesforce, where my team does all reporting is somewhat limited. Otherwise, I have no issues with the tool!
- Offline campaign tracking
- Ease of setup
- Online tracking
- Building out an ideal total customer journey
- Campaign analytics.
- Integrations with HubSpot.
- Automation of standardization.
- Admin user interface can be challenging and could be improved.
- The onboarding process can be a heavy workload for a team up front.
2. Sigstr is also great for companies who have a large sales team that is spread throughout the US or world. The campaign feature allows you to drive consistent messaging to a broad audience.
- Event Announcements. We use Sigstr to promote hosted and co-hosted events. Email recipients can click on the Sigstr to register for the event itself. By promoting events through Sigstr we have been able to increase event registration and attendance.
- Content Sharing. New blog post, webinar, presentation, infographic... you name it, you can use Sigstr to promote it. Furthermore, you can personalize the content to target different audiences based of the sender group. Example: customer content Sigstr belongs to support, while marketing new business content belongs to sales.
- Announcements. Product enhancements, Company news etc. You can use Sigstr to promote general announcements relevant to the audience.
- Example Sigstr templates in the product to download.
- Minimal glitches with the green circle that shows which campaign is live.
- None- everything else is great!
- Flexible customer success team
- Integrations to many other systems
- Robust reporting
- UX can be a little wonky
- Not a ton of clicks generating from some campaigns
- Turning off campaigns is annoying
- Well suited for ABM strategies and complementing other programs
- Not as appropriate if you don't have a plan around delivering relevant content to users
- Suited for B2B marketing teams
- Not as much so for B2C brands or companies