What is Dialpad Talk?

Good Value

October 28, 2022
We are a very mobile company, often working from the road or alternate locations so having a phone service that is mobile and portable is …

it's a meh for me

October 25, 2022
We've been using Dialpad for about 8 months now. Though there are bugs at times where the app won't work as quickly as we'd like, (call …

3 videos

User Review: DialPad Talk Rates as Business-Class Tool For Daily User
03:31
User Review: DialPad Talk's Quality Compensates for It's Non-Competitive Pricing
02:35

Enterprise

Contact sales team

Product Demos

01:23
Dialpad Top Features: Is It a Good Option?
04:02

What is Dialpad Talk?

Dialpad Talk is a cloud communications UCaaS platform that provides users with integrated voice, video, and messaging capabilities from one unified interface. It integrates with the vendor's web conferencing product, UberConference, as well as with G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Okta, and Zendesk.

Dialpad has four specialized product offerings that focus on customer/client engagement and communication.

Dialpad Talk: Business phone system with advanced features like voice recognition and call monitoring.

Dialpad Meetings: Web and video meetings with screen sharing and Voice Intelligence.

Dialpad Sell: Sales dialer built for inside sales teams' calls and coaching.

Dialpad Contact Center: Inbound and outbound call center.

Dialpad Talk Videos

Dialpad Talk
In this TrustRadius produced video, one of our teammates who has never used Dialpad before goes through an "unboxing" demo.

Dialpad Talk Competitors

Dialpad Talk Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

RingCentral MVP, 8x8 Contact Center, and Fuze are common alternatives for Dialpad Talk.

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 7.7.

The most common users of Dialpad Talk are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Saintly Solutions has chosen Dialpad as our VOIP solution. Dialpad not only provides a great Voice-Over IP service, but also tightly integrates with Google's GSuite.
  • VOIP
  • Integration with Google's GSuite
  • Mobile App
  • Support is not as good as it could be
If you are a small to medium size office looking for a solid VOIP provider. The tight integration with GSuite and the mobile app makes Dialpad a solid service!
We use it for everyone in our organization. We just moved to a new building and decided not to have desk phones. Dialpad Talk was the solution we used.
  • We like that it has both a voice and video feature in one app
  • Portable across devices
  • I've had difficulty using bluetooth earbuds on my laptop; the app can't always locate them even when they've been connected the whole time
We like that Dialpad Talk has a computer and smartphone app. We can decide how connected we want to be.
Haven't used support yet. However, I did use online help to research something and it was great.
Joshua Rubin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Accepting live transfer insurance leads calls. A central VoIP system that has strong three-way calling and a strong signal. The support is great. I also really like the AI feature to help with conversations on calls. This addresses the problem of not having a central phone system that we can monitor to work with.
  • Three-way calling
  • Mobile app
  • Call recording
  • Calling recording automated on regular version
  • CRM integration on regular version
  • Faster desktop app response
It suits my needs as an independent agent and I'm sure it would do well for larger organizations as well. If you're getting live transfers and need to have three-way calling, its a really good choice. If you want your incoming calls to be logged and recorded, it works great for that as well.
December 15, 2020

Magic talk: Dialpad

Saahil Simhad Pritam | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dialpad Talk is used by the entire sales business development team. So far the product is simply fantastic and haven't faced any sort of problems yet. The features are simply awesome and best part is people can get connected throughout the globe with Dialpad Talk.
  • Effective communication via call
  • Super fast Text messaging
  • Confereence calls
  • No restrictions while calling
  • If the country code is automatically taken once the number is dialed.
It is well suited especially when cold calling and less appropriate if text messages are sent. In some countries the dialpad number is shown via other mobile operators so people might get confused.
It is used only by me, as replacement of my mobile phone.
  • I can use my PC to make calls, which is convenient.
  • I can send SMS and MMS messages very easily from my PC.
  • All the calls are synced across all my devices.
  • I can talk anywhere, even if mobile signal is weak.
  • I can easily track voicemails.
  • My contacts are synced with Office365, which is very convenient.
  • It can add call memo option.
Dialpad, through its convenient features, makes it easier to track calls. It's especially suited for people who are in and out of their offices a lot.
As the service relies on internet signal, it's not wise to use it when WiFi signal is not reliable.
We use Dialpad Talk daily for our marketing team. We chose Dialpad Talk due to the excellent reviews, ease of use, and trial of services. Our company as a whole is using Dialpad Talk. We typically have 11-20 team members throughout the year, and the flexibility to add users. With COVID, we are more remote, meaning the phone system can follow us anywhere, making sales and business continuity seamless. A quality service provider is needed for marketing calls.
  • Quality service
  • Excellent customer service
  • Ease of use with softphone
  • Simple to train team
  • Removing licenses
  • Billing
  • Adding a chat feature
We have used Dialpad Talk longer than any other VOIP provider. Most VOIP providers start out strong and then start to have issues. Dialpad Talk is well suited for our company since we are a marketing company with team members located all over the U.S. Dialpad Talk is user friendly and their tech support is super attentive and willing to help where needed.
January 13, 2021

Dialpad is Fantastic!

Our entire organization (2 offices) uses Dialpad Talk. It's the sole communication platform we use to reach out to clients, associates, and other firms.
  • Easy to set up and get started. As an administrator, you can personally set up everyone's profile. It's fantastic.
  • Easy to learn to use. We have a very wide range of ages at our law firm and all of our employees enjoy using Dialpad.
  • Works wherever you are! We are always connected. We can work from home or in the office. Our receptionist can transfer a call to someone at their home, as if they were sitting at their desk in the office.
  • We'd love to be able to curate our contacts a little differently, instead of it just having favorites and recent, but this is a very small thing.
I think Dialpad could be used anywhere that a regular phone system is used. If you need to make calls, send text messages, or send a fax, then you should switch to Dialpad because then you can do those things from anywhere. Dialpad was so quick to set up, it's easy to change our settings whenever we need to. It's easy to add new employees and remove old ones. It works exceptionally well.
Jonatan Serna Higuera | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dialpad Talk helps all our departments communicate, not only via phone, but chat, and has a lot of features and apps that we can integrate. We use it on our desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphone, and more, and you can receive notifications on any and/or all devices, so we would never miss a call or a message. Beyond that, Dialpad Talk is such a nice app [that requires] less effort on customer's end.
  • Recordings- Dialpad Talk has a great feature that we can customize and allows us to analyze every interaction.
  • AI Transcription- Dialpad also identifies [which] words are being used during the calls, and lead us to a better logging of each call.
  • Dialbot- It is a bot that helps you when something is requiring your attention. As a supervisor, this a tool that I use every day.
  • Notifications- We would like to have more control on external devices about how notifications can be prioritized.
  • Groups- We would like to have more tools when creating groups of agents in Dialpad (tools that allow us to personalize it).
  • Moments- We would like to have more control about what Dialpad identifies as a "moment" during a call, so we can adjust few of them.
Dialpad can be used in either a small or huge company, any which not only requires a call center app but also helps you to analyze and detect some behaviors that might need to be addressed. I would not recommend it if you are only wanting to use it for calls, because it has a long list of features that you can [also] take advantage of.
January 27, 2021

Easy to use!

Dialpad Talk helps all of our offices across the state to better communicate with each other, and the public. The system is easy to program and the individual user settings are easily managed by the staff. There are a lot of customization options that we didn't have using other phone systems. The other major positive with Dialpad Talk is the ability to switch the call between devices. The mobile app and desktop app keep our communication lines open 24/7.
  • Ability to work with different devices (ex. pc, cell phone).
  • Easy to program for a holiday or emergency closing.
  • Many settings to chose from and customize.
  • Call coaching could have more features added.
  • Voice AI isn't always accurate.
Dialpad Talk is well suited for multiple office locations. It is also good for staff that may not be working from one location all the time. There isn't a scenario I can think of that Dialpad Talk wouldn't be suited for.
Archie Jack (AJ) | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a consultant and I use Dialpad as my work number and work text message number.
  • It is easily used on mobile devices as well as on a traditional VOIP phone.
  • It has a really accurate transcription interface when calls are needed to be documented.
  • Voice conference calling.
  • Video conference calling feature.
For the amount of features and reliability it is at a very reasonable price point.
We are currently using Dialpad for our entire company. Because we are a very small business, it gives us the professional answering & call routing system we need, and one that helps callers to self-direct their inquiries. Dialpad allows callers to receive information that our staff would normally have needed to assist them with (such as a fax number, our scheduling website URL, etc.) or routes calls to staff who are tasked with handling inbound inquires (instead of everyone having to deal with these calls). Automating this process allows us to reclaim significant time to deal with other things. It allows for direct-dial extensions for known callers who just need to reach someone and thus don't need to have their calls routed. The auto-response SMS feature for afterhours callers is quite nice as well - we put our scheduling website URL in that message so afterhours callers can schedule time during business hours if they'd like).
  • Dialpad's app is easy to use and helps convert a laptop or desktop PC to a phone
  • The Voice Intelligence (transcription) feature is unique at this price & comes in handy
  • The G-Suite sync allows us to see events, emails & Google Drive shared files while looking at a contact & their call history
  • You can choose what number (e.g. 'main' or 'direct') that you call out or text from
  • Web meeting/conferencing is built-in
  • When ever you plug in a headset (or unplug one) it asks before changing to this mic source
  • You can easily add a 3rd caller to a call when using a computer / softphone
  • Sometimes calls connect with no audio (you can't hear the caller)
  • It would be nice for Dialpad to auto sync new contacts from G-Suite (not requiring manual sync after initial sync)
  • It would be nice if Dialpad had a 'robo-attendant' option where you could type out a greeting and have the attendant read it (instead of having to record your own audio)
For a small business with 10 or fewer employees, I feel Dialpad would be an excellent choice and potentially game changing. This is especially so if this business has no phone system other than individual cell phones or a basic call routing system that only direct calls to these cell phones. Larger businesses that can make the investment in a more traditional telecom setup & hardware (that will have web features, email sync and even an app) may find Dialpad won't meet their needs for the long term. But a small to medium sized modern, mobile or fast moving business that is open to embracing 21st century technology and doing things a little differently will get a lot out of Dialpad - and can save money also by dropping their web conferencing vendor (Zoom, GTM, JoinMe, etc.).
February 05, 2021

Dominic-blkmarket-21

We use Dialpad Talk for our main phone system. Clients and customers call us with inquiries and support questions all the time and we are able to answer directly from our desktop computers. Dialpad is very convenient and we recommend it highly to anyone in need of an easy to use phone system. Truly awesome.
  • Great app layout.
  • Nice customer support.
  • Easy to use.
  • Simple.
  • Voice recognition.
  • Outbound calls.
  • Interactive voice response.
I think Dialpad Talk works great for our small team and I would recommend it for any office setting. The ability to run an app as our phone system has really allowed us to connect to our customers in new and exciting ways. We truly appreciate the ability to take calls in real time.
A customer of mine approached me with two major complications they were having: an inability to link calls and calling activity to their CRM, and a lack of mobility for their staff, especially with the work-at-home that was required during 2020.
  • Workforce Mobility
  • API - excellent API set
  • Analytics
  • Integrations - for non-supported CRM tools
  • Headset integrations
Dialpad's self-onboarding process and Help documentation is top notch. End users are able to get support when they need it, reducing the need for IT support staff to be knowledge centers. This is especially important for small companies.
Dialpad Talk is used across our organization, mainly by the office management teams at each office.
  • Mobile app.
  • Sync between devices.
  • Customize settings.
  • Functionality and features.
  • Continued fine-tuning of system functions.
  • Improved elegance of app.
  • More robust contact search/edit functionality.
I use Dialpad every single day and absolutely love it. It’s enabled me to keep my work life separate from my personal life while still enabling me to be connected during work hours and for emergencies. I love using it in tandem with my receptionist, so I can ensure we stay on top of calls/texts/faxes. The system is so incredibly functional that it meets so many of our needs. I love the ability to have use the app on iPhone. It works amazingly well. I can’t think of a reason where Dialpad wouldn’t be appropriate in any workplace as it can be customized to meet any need.
We currently use Dialpad for all inbound and outbound calls made by Sales, Customer Success, and Support.
  • Easy to use interface on both my laptop and my cell
  • Can transfer calls seamlessly between desktop and cell phone
  • Transcribing VMs save a bunch of time
  • I'd love to see Dialpad match phone numbers to accounts and display some basic company level info
This tool is simple enough for small startups but has all the tools you'll ever need as you scale. If you're worried about having to switch phone systems then go with Dialpad.
Dialpad is being used across the whole company to allow each employee to have the access to a phone for client purposes and have a direct number to them that is associated with our company.
  • Dialpad is very easy to use.
  • Dialpad connects numbers with names, which is nice--as a recruiter you know who's calling you back.
  • It is just like a normal phone with the ability to call and text.
  • Disconnects from accounts
  • Search function could use some updating.
Being that 90%of the world is now working remotely, they are not sitting at a desk with a physical phone sitting there. They are then pressured to use their own device and are not compensated for that data and minutes used. Dialpad has brought that desk phone to their laptop (and mobile devices without using their data and minutes) allowing them to remain available by phone with no extra cost to them! Our company no longer has to add phones to our mobile phone plan and worry about equipment breaking and/or not being returned.
I have had a few issues that our IT department needed to escalate to the Dialpad support team, and they were able to answer and resolve the issues rather quickly.
April 08, 2021

Dialpad Review

Steven Boothe | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dialpad is being used throughout our whole organization, with all staff members having their own personal number, along with multiple department groups. This is our main phone line for interoffice communication, along with communication with both customers and vendors. We are also utilizing Dialpad to sync with our Salesforce system, allowing us to keep track of calls on customer and vendor accounts.
  • Ease of use
  • Works on multiple devices
  • Ability to text or call customers/other employees
  • Salesforce integration
  • Lots of updates, which can disrupt some employees' work
  • Internet-based, which would not work if you have weak internet
  • Errors when answering calls sometimes
Dialpad is well suited for people working from home, businesses with multiple remote offices, employees who like to use multiple devices, and organizations that need Salesforce integration.
Always helps with issues quickly.

We use Dialpad organization-wide in every department. While we typically defer to email for internal communications, Dialpad has been a godsend when it comes to outbound communications. The voice over IP-powered service allows us to place calls with a corporate number and receive calls to individual extensions, just like a physical desk phone system.
  • Convenience: Much easier too use an app than a physical desk phone
  • Cross-platform: Available on computer and phone and easily switch calls between
  • Amazing audio quality
  • The VOIP numbers cannot be used to verify accounts for many services, so it would be useful if they could find a workaround.
Dialpad is incredibly useful for any outbound calling efforts. The AI note-taker helps you keep updated on other conversations and allows you to quickly review your previous conversations with the client. Specifically, it marks action items, performs sentiment analysis on key points, and summarizes the call. I would say that it's useful for both internal and external communications and is well suited for any environment where you are using audio calls.
Dialpad's customer support is second to none. We haven't had many issues, so our contact has been sparse, but when we do they always respond promptly and their answers are always on point.
Mike Monteiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Dialpad across the whole company, minus a couple of smaller teams that use a different solution. It has helped us solve the work-from-anywhere problem (pre-COVID19), as well as making the different call centers easily managed by the different teams themselves. They can seamlessly update their messaging, change routing options, and add/remove users on their own without involving the support team for help. It also helps the training team spend more time coaching instead of trying to sort through call recordings
  • Call center management updates/edits are very easy and straightforward
  • Coaching centers - Ability to live coach and find usable recordings of calls effortlessly
  • Voicemail drop - Allow agents to make more calls and leave a consistent message for potential clients
  • Analytics can be difficult to interpret at times. You also have to pull two separate reports for call center calls and individual calls.
  • Updates/changes often happen out of the blue with no warning. So it is hard to keep our end users updated/prepared for what is to come
  • Integration with Salesforce exists, but, we would like to be able to do data dips into salesforce to route the calls based on what information it pulls back
Dialpad is great if you just need a dial tone and basic inbound/outbound calling. It also allows for texting, which is very helpful. It is also great for call centers that receive a high volume of calls and are routed based on skills or longest hold time. They have options for hold music, messaging, and callback. Lastly, it is great for sales teams that need to power through calls efficiently and they have a power dialer option that helps load a list of calls that automatically dials out for the agent one after another.

If you were looking to route calls based on information found in your CRM (looking at sales opportunity in Salesforce for example) and have it route based on what it finds, this would not be for you.
Overall, the support has been very good. There are some times when we open a ticket that is a high priority and they are not proactive at giving updates or a set schedule of when the next update would be.
August 26, 2020

2 Phones in One

Dialpad is a great app. They only thing I would change is an easier method of silencing/vibrate text notifications. I love the fact that you can search a group message thread to find a specific topic previously discussed. It’s the easiest way to have a mobile work number and personal number in one phone.
  • Allows me to make calls
  • Allows group messaging
  • Easy ability to text clients
  • Has a great cell phone app
  • Searchable thread discussion
  • Easier access to notification sound options
  • Vibrate only button
  • Inbound Call Ringing only
  • Group message vibrate only
It’s well suited as a work phone. If you don’t have great WiFi the call quality suffers. The computer program is too large.
The support team is very prompt.
It is used by the Benefits Assistance Program and the Senior Help Line, two call centers at the organization.
  • Easy to handle
  • Clear communication
  • No background or interference during the call
  • The transcript, in Spanish it doesn't work
It is well suited for call centers. We make lots of calls during the day, and Dialpad is easy to use and has transcripts of the calls that are very important for my job.
I have dealt with their staff and always send in information to rate a call. They are on top of the service.

Calls & texts made easy

Melissa Hirsch | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for all our calling and texting needs, both on the desktop app and mobile app. It's used by our entire company. It helps us be able to call/text when we're away from our desks. It also allows us to text from our work line vs personal cell.
  • Texting - you can do it from your work number.
  • Barging - Coaching Groups allow managers to barge calls without their team members knowing (makes reps less nervous).
  • Sell - you can identify filler words.
  • SLIGHTEST delay - but this is actually helpful because it makes reps pause so they don't interrupt clients.
It just gets the job done and is easy to use.
Their CSM & Support team is super responsive and quick to provide suggestions.

In Dialpad We Trust

We use Dialpad as our landline replacement and have since it started. As a result, as we expand, we don't send people desk phones, we simply have them use their own mobile phones and the Dialpad applications or the apps that can run inside the Chrome browser or the downloaded apps for Macs and PCs. This has saved us thousands of dollars over time. We use it across the entire company so the voice, video, and texting allows us the functionality of online platforms inside the company and the convenience of talking by phone to outsiders.
  • Great audio quality.
  • Very easy to set up, and easy to use.
  • Video inside the company is a big plus.
  • There's a major need to integrate Dialpad and UberConference.
  • Dialpad's Integration with Slack is good but could be better and easier to deploy.
  • The lack of handover from WiFi to LTE is a big problem.
When I travel, Dialpad makes it as if I'm in my office. No one knows where I am as the calls look like I'm still in the office. What's more the ability to have a second line on my mobile device, and to be so tightly integrated into our Google G Suite services, make the use of Dialpad so effortless.
Our needs for support have been almost non-existent. I think we had to call once to do something about a name of a person, or how it integrated with their G Suite, but beyond that, so much of what Dialpad offers is so intuitive that we just assign people accounts and they use the service.

Highly Recommend Dialpad!

We use Dialpad across the entire company. We use it for inbound and outbound calls and texts. It integrates with Uber Conference to make conferencing seamless and also integrates with our ATS.
  • Call quality is usually perfect. It's very rare that calls drop or have sound issues from our end of the line.
  • The phone app works well and makes it easy to make calls from the home office.
  • The integration with Salesforce makes click-to-dial seamless.
  • The app has frequent updates and functionality is not at it's best unless you have the latest version. It would be nice if it didn't require multiple updates on a weekly basis.
  • Sometimes I miss calls without seeing them appear when the caller is calling.
Call stats, call to ATS integration, text capabilities, remote Dialpad app are all fantastic reasons why I'd recommend Dialpad.
No issues to bring up.
Dialpad is being used across our whole management team as a way to have business phone numbers without needing to justify the expense of a business phone for everyone. It primarily solves that cost issue, but it also allows us to text from computers or phones, which improves efficiency considerably.
  • Great app: I've never had an issue with it crashing.
  • Great website: fast and, again, never crashed on me.
  • Good records: I can easily save all the text messages.
  • It could enable the searching of conversations, similar to how Slack allows the searching of conversations. This would be incredibly useful.
  • It often has issues bringing in content iPhone users send (locations and photos).
Dialpad is incredibly useful for anyone who needs to provide a business number to a large number of people, either clients or workers. It is great at providing a cheap and easy solution.
I've never had any issues with it.