Klaviyo: Effective, efficient and perfect for eCom.
November 22, 2019
Klaviyo: Effective, efficient and perfect for eCom.
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a cloud-based email marketing solution for e-commerce businesses. We use it to manage leads/potential customers, implement email marketing automation (sequences, flows, and automated responders) on client websites and broadcast email marketing (the individual email campaigns) that go out to potential and current customers. Our email marketing specialists use this software to create email automation (automating parts of our clients' businesses) and campaigns (individual emails) that generate new revenue and create more revenue and stabilize their marketing funnel so that they can scale.
- Easy UX: The entire platform is very visual. It's easy to navigate, understand, and use. It's really well designed, and it helps business owners understand the set up / steps in the email marketing automation.
- Visual flow-building: This allows us to automate pieces of our client's business. For example, create a map of a series of emails that automatically follow-up with people who abandon carts in our client's store, indicating how many emails, when they go out, who sees them, and split test emails against one another in this format.
- Individual email building: Klaviyo makes it easy for us to design client emails with an easy builder or with HTML code. Klaviyo allows you to set up saved blocks to make your building experience more efficient as well.
- Measurement: Klaviyo makes it easy for users to see campaigns and which ones create greater click-through, open rate, conversion $ and more. You can also watch where people open the emails around the world with a map, or see which users opened particular emails.
- Individual user tracking: It's so helpful to see customer journeys throughout the entire process. You can see individual profiles and how often they visited a site, opened an email, made a purchase, how much that purchase was worth, etc.
- Integrations - pretty easy to use with multiple commerce sites, but ideal for Shopify. Easily integrates with other software.
- Automation - There are built-in templates and flows created inside of the platform. Even a novice could implement something basic and see results in their business. (better if they are customized)
- Pricing - The pricing can be a bit expensive, but it's worth it for the functionality that it offers.
- Partner support - I once filled out a request, sent an email, and got silence from their team.
- Some of the metrics you have to know how to navigate the platform in order to access (variations percentage opens, CTRs, etc.).
- Positive ROI for our clients - We have used this software to design best practice email sequences and flows, and individual campaigns that have increased client revenue by 30-50%, or tripled revenue in some cases.
- Positive ROI for us - This software solves a revenue generation problem for our clients. We run Facebook & Google ads to their site, and this email software helps facilitate sales on all ends. Helps us be more efficient and effective.
Klaviyo is simply a stunning product, and for eCommerce, it's a near-perfect solution. The reason why we chose this software over others:
- Easier building
- Visual building
- Easier visibility in flow creation
- Better visibility in metrics
- Higher deliverability - Klaviyo holds its users to a higher standard in bounce rates and unsubscribes, which means that those using shared servers find themselves in inboxes more than junk folders.
- Specific custom solutions for e-com
- Pre-made templates
- Our clients have made more money on this platform :)
Klaviyo is great for eCommerce sites, and ideal for Shopify. Klaviyo does integrate with other platforms - like BigCommerce. It's best utilized for businesses who already have their mission, vision, customer base, a well-designed site, are paying for traffic (via FB/Google, or some other source), and are willing to implement best practice designs to their emails and flows. For these stores, they might see 30-50% revenue increase. It's a bit expensive for beginners, but it can be used by beginners - because it's so easy to use. You'll see greater efficiency and effectiveness if you understand where email fits in your business. It's not a great CRM for other industries, like coaching. It can work - but not recommended.
Klaviyo Feature Ratings
2 - Email Marketing specialists - This function assesses key email marketing needs in businesses, creates email flows, designs individual emails, and measures open rate, click rate, and email conversion $. Their main goal is to help businesses generate more revenue through potential customers, create relationship through emails, and upsell or cross sell current customers (or fulfill their informational needs in usage of the product).
2 - Email marketing specialists - These team members need to understand basic email marketing, effective layout and design, basic design principles (contrast, quality graphics), and be able to employ email marketing flows & broadcast emails to help clients generate revenue.
- Generating revenue from website visitors and potential customers.
- Test different messages and times against one another - Create variations of messages to see which messages are more effective.
- Track individual user data on websites - To see a particular person's activity on one of our clients' websites (whether that's visits, purchases, initiated checkouts, etc.)
- Measure success - It allows us to see conversion data - how many people opened emails, clicked on emails, and measure $ conversion.
- Upsell/cross-sell and increase revenue from current customers.
- Automation - It allows businesses to automate parts of their business with email follow up that meet their informational needs.
- Relationship management - It allows businesses to email their potential and current customers.
- We personally haven't used it this way - but we've seen some coaching businesses use this as their CRM simply because it's so easy to use. It could work in this way, but it would require that the entire site operate on a commerce site like Shopify.
- Split testing against other pop-up software. We've implemented pop-ups on sites with the Klaviyo basic pop-up and tested this against other pop up software.
Klaviyo is simply a great solution for e-com email marketing & customer relationship management:
- User journey visibility: We can see our clients' customers on their individual user journeys (open email, site visits) to better understand and accommodate your customers.
- Flow automation: Creating automated emails that follow up with new leads, those who abandoned carts, purchased.
- Email design: So easy to use, and more friendly than some other visual builders that we've used.
- Metrics visibility: We can see our clients' metrics very easily and adjust efforts accordingly.