Love the system, but not the reliabilityhttps://www.trustradius.com/voipMiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel)Unspecified81031012013-09-07T21:50:53.684Z
September 07, 2013
Love the system, but not the reliability
Score 2 out of 101
Sky: Hosted VOIP
- VOIP, Call Center, Call Manager
- 4 digit dialing between offices.
- Easy to make adds/moves/changes
- Users can log into any phone at any office and turn it into their extension
- Quick response times from tech support
- Call Center is buggy. Sometimes users can't log into it.
- Shoretel has had multiple problems with outages
- Slow to respond to more serious problems
- More expensive than their competitors
- Slow to acknowledge problem areas
The reliability problems I've had with the system has caused me to question whether I made the right selection. When it works, it's perfect. When it doesn't work, it's tough.
Evaluation and Selection
Tech support is quick. Very courteous on the phone. Unfortunately, they don't seem to know much when a major problem is happening. Sometimes I'm aware of an outage before they are. This is not a problem with their tech support workers as much as a company problem where they aren't sharing basic info with their front line help desk.
The system has gone down on us MULTIPLE times. We asked them to move us to a different cluster. Shoretel declined. Basically we had problems or outages every month of the year from June 2012 to date. Our old phone system was just that: OLD, no bells or whistles. But it was up every day and I never had to think about it much until it was time for an upgrade. That's how I want Shoretel to be. I want it so reliable that I never have to think about it.
Awesome sales process. Couldn't have been better. Post sales was fine, but the relationship faltered as their reliability became more of an issue.