How Will HR Software Trends Affect HR Professionals?
While conducting research for our latest Buyer’s Guide to Core HR Software, we observed a few key trends in the HR software space. Most notably, HR software is becoming more usable and more able to provide strategic insights.
We asked three HR experts, Tim Sackett, Jon Ingham and Bryan Wempen about the changes they are seeing in HR software and how this is going to start affecting HR professionals and departments.
Here are three major takeaways from their answers:
- HR departments will need to hire more and more professionals who are strategic and forward-looking because software is reducing the burden of administrative tasks.
- HR architecture is going to have two significant parts: strategic and
transactional. With changing software landscape, HR departments and managers will need to figure out which parts of HR will remain strategic and which of these will become transactionaland process driven.
- In the long term, HR will become a function of finance or marketing.
Read their full responses and their explanation:
A 20 year HR/Recruiting Talent Pro with a Master’s in HR and SPHR certification, currently residing in Lansing, MI. Currently the President at HRU Technical Resources – a $40M IT and Engineering contract staffing firm and RPO. He tweets at @TimSackett
HR software is changing HR departments
Recognized by HR Magazine as the 7th Most Influential UK thinker and by
New HR systems are making the jobs of HR functions and individual practitioners easier and more
Bryan Wempen is CEO of Assessment Research and Development (ARD),
HR and the HR function will continue to get better at working with
For more on these trends and how to select the right HR software for your use case, take a look at the TrustRadius Buyer’s Guide to Core HR Software. The guide includes three key topics that are relevant to HR pros today:
- Factors to consider when purchasing Core HR software
- A table showing each vendor and the capabilities they offer
- A distillation of 290+ reviews and ratings from real users of 10 Core HR software products
With Grishma's engineering background and marketing experience, she has the best of both the analytical and the creative mind. She is a marketing leader with experience in social media, content and email marketing.