<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.1 out of 101
Based on 253 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I can only mention where AB Tasty has been useful as I haven't had negative experiences on the tests we have carried out. A useful scenario for us is that we use AB Tasty to test changes on pages in a test environment instead of having to test on live
Project Manager in MarketingEducation Management Company, 10,001+ employees
I think Optimizely is a great fit for data-driven organizations that can afford a top-of-the-line testing tool. With Optimizely, you can be sure that performance and reliability will never be an issue with your site. Some split testing solutions can change the end-user experience, but I have had no issues with Optimizely. It is expensive, but provides tools for both engineers & non-engineering departments to implement, run & analyze tests.
- A/B and multi veritable testing.
- Screen recording and targeting.
- WYSIWYG editor to create page variations.
Director in MarketingSports Company, 201-500 employees
- Optimizely makes it extremely easy to setup almost any type of split or multi-variate testing experiment. It has a variety of test triggers types & many ways to segment incoming visitors.
- I believe Optimizely's results dashboard is one of the best among split testing software. It allowed my team to get insights into the running of tests, like time to significance and a view of metric changes over time.
- Optimizely is very easy to use for non-engineers. It has a powerful visual interface that allows marketers and advertisers to setup complex variations without 1 line of code.
- In terms of documentation and implementation, I believe Optimizely is ahead of its competitors in terms of its focus on reliability and speed.
- Session recording and heat maps are new features, and they are still below HotJar capabilities... but HotJar makes no difference today for versions of an A/B test... so I hope AB Tasty will further enhance those features to catch up.
- Reporting and "insights" are great, but we [wish] AB Tasty could automatically analyze all the segment combinations to bring valuable info (like 8% overall increase but covering +16% on mobile and -2% on PC so we should exclude this segment from this optimized version).
- Overall control on tests to send warnings like "you should not stop this test until it runs for one complete week", or "you should not consider overall performance as it is not stabilized" (when conversion curves are crossing each other so the winning version is not always the same...).
- Optimizely is now very expensive. It's pricing models have change a lot over the time I have used it. Now, it has many different plans with no pricing online.
- I believe the interface for setting up experiment goals could use improving. Sometimes, there is friction with adding pre-created metrics if you don't remember exactly what they were tracking.
- Wish the dashboard had more of awareness of funnels and more funnel-specific reporting.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 8 answers
Based on 43 answers
Based on 8 answers
Though you don't need to be technically savvy to use Optimizely, it can help. Understanding what a DOM (Document Object Model) is and how the web basically works will help you to create variations and goals much more easily.
Reliability and Availability
Based on 5 answers
Optimizely refreshes automatically, so the speed and throughput is more than enough to use the product and analyze its data.
Based on 1 answer
People are avalaible and they know very well their product which helps to resolve quick issues. Also the benchmark they have helps us to improve our own business.
Based on 13 answers
Based on 11 answers
We benchmarked AB Tasty vs. Kameleoon and Optimizely - the clear 3 leaders for me at the time I made the survey. Optimizely was and is still too expensive compared to the other two. We then tested AB Tasty against Kameleoon with the acquisition team for 8 weeks. I was using Kameleoon for another non-profit organization for 18 months but I decided to opt for AB Tasty. Usability is just a bit under when you start, but AB Tasty is clearly superior in many dimensions when you become a heavy user. AB Tasty is also better if you manage different entities (we have a group of 9 companies using the solution).
Out of all of the split testing tools I have used, Optimizely has displayed the best performance and engineering surperiority. While it is expensive, for sites that get lots of traffic & have critical performance requirements, Optimizely is honestly the only split testing solution to trust. Their documentation is extremely thorough and is a peak into their technical expertise in this area.
Return on Investment
- I've had nothing but positive ROI for clients. As much as 200% increase in prospect to a client due to rockin' messaging optimization and improvement, as well as personalization.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?