Based on 239 reviews and ratings
Docusign and Adobe Sign are electronic signature software options designed to work for businesses of any size. Abode Sign is more popular with large organizations that utilize other Adobe products while Docusign is more popular with small businesses.
Docusign and Adobe Sign both provide the basic features of electronic signature software but there are a few standout features that set them apart.
Docusign includes document generation tools, strong mobile support, and offers many third party integrations. Adobe Sign integrates with Adobe’s suite of document management software to allow for end-to-end document management.
Docusign and Adobe sign also both have a few key limitations that are important to consider.
Docusign places a limit on the number of users for most of their plans, and often receives poor feedback regarding slow or insufficient customer support. It is also difficult to alter Docusign documents after their creation. Adobe Sign has limited integrations outside of the Adobe suite and uses a difficult to use Android application for mobile users.
Docusign offers two tiers of pricing for businesses. Their standard tier is $24.99 per month per user, and allows up to three users. Their business plan is $39.99 per user per month and allows users to process payments.
Adobe Sign also offers two tiers of pricing for business. Their small business plan costs $34.99 per user per month, which has no limitation on users. Their business plan costs $39.99 per user per month and requires a three year commitment, but includes advanced form options.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on April 24, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
- Rich integration with Power Automate/SharePoint.
- Good and numerous administration options.
- Several signing options (keyboard, finger, picture, etc.)
- Easy to use for external signers / no third-app to download, all from the browser.
- Customization of logo.
- Not too much Adobe Sign advertising in the signing emails.
- Good audit trail
- A lot of features and options.
- DocuSign makes it easy to set up a document for signing. You upload the document, enter recipient email addresses, identify the signing fields, and send.
- DocuSign works on any computing device: Tablet, phone, PC, laptop, Mac--anything with a web browser and an email account.
- DocuSign allows you to use a pre-drawn signature or to create one--even if you're a first time user.
- I find it a bit confusing to get the document ready for adding text fields and such then save for future use, as it usually sends me to immediately sign and saves over the edited document.
- Would like to see more improvements in preparing the form—better text fields and save for later options with the ability to leave a document pre-signed for quick sends. Seems like a lot of work to get a form ready.
- DocuSign's overall UI is a bit clunky and not amazingly well designed. I'd love it if they gave it a thoughtful design (although just reskinning it wouldn't really be much better).
- We've been underwhelmed at times by their Microsoft word direct import. I always convert to PDF before uploading documents at this point.
- The email subjects the generate are just downright wretched. It would be better to *make* the user fill out a subject line than the ones that they autofill and then happily send out to recipients.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Return on Investment
- It has saved me time with program agreements
- It's an affordable product
- I also use the fill and sign which has been useful when I've had to sign document from people who were simply sending me a PDF. So I saved paper and time by using the other features of Adobe (fill and sign)
- In real estate we all ways say time kills deals so if we can get a document out the door, have it reviewed and signed by multiple parties simultaneously, it helps us ensure deals are completed quickly.
- More than half our deals are executed electronically which saves time in the car, paper and hassle.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
* license per month
Adobe Sign Editions & Modules
|Acrobat Pro DC with advanced e-sign||$19.991|
|PDF Pack with e-sign||$14.992|
- user/per month (requires annual commitment)
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
DocuSign Editions & Modules
|Advanced Solutions||Custom Pricing|
|DocuSign for Realtors||$353|
- per month
- per month