ConnectWise Control Reviews

April 23, 2019

Fast, efficient and easy to use remote access with all the necessary features

We use ConnectWise Control for instant connections to customer systems for remote support. We also use it for allowing remote users to connect to servers on our network from remote sites.
  • It is very quick and easy to set-up a remote support session with a customer. It just plain works and allows for the necessary access without any additional configuration or setup.
  • It allows us to always be able to access critical customer systems for support at any time.
  • It is very easy to administer and allows easy access for technicians from both inside and outside our network.
  • I'm really having a hard time coming up with anything that could be radically improved. It just plain works.
  • In one case, we had a very weird screen resolution issue where the remote screen was unreadable. This had to do with the customer video setting and was easy to resolve. Perhaps have a way to set (or reset) the screen resolution remotely?
It works very well for ad-hoc remote support and remote access sessions. It also works very well for permanent remote access to critical systems.
April 11, 2019

Cost effective remote access solution for IT support or as an alternative for end users

We use ConnectWise Control as a support tool providing remote access to servers and roaming laptops as well as to support on-demand sessions.
  • LDAPS integration, tightly integrated security, permissions and user management with active directory.
  • On-demand support is quick and painless.
  • Great pricepoint.
  • The mobile app needs serious work.
Well suited to providing end users the ability to access their office desktops from anywhere without having to worry about RDP files, instructions, and VPN clients. LDAPS integration and auto-created security groups allow easy provisioning.

Not well suited as a full replacement for RDP for those who will use this exclusively - multi-monitor support is good, but not as good as native RDP.
March 20, 2019

ConnectWise Control is a perfect fit for IT consulting firms.

We use ConnectWise Control in three areas. Primarily we use it for desktop support and customer training. We also use it for sales demonstrations. Our clients are mobile and travel internationally. Using ConnectWise Control, we can support them overseas, on demand. In the training role, we are able to project ourselves into remote classrooms for live demonstrations or one-on-one. In the sales demonstration role, we do pre-sales demonstrations using the clients' own equipment, resulting in a more compelling demo.
  • Multi-screen support is excellent. Connecting to remote machines with multiple monitors with different resolutions has been flawless for us.
  • ConnectWise Control is easy to set up for remote Mac and Windows users. Our clients are not particularly tech-savvy and we seldom have problems getting them connected.
  • Persistent remote connections to servers are easy to set up.
  • We self-hosted ScreenConnect for many years before switching to the cloud version of ConnectWise Control. We like the ease of use and reduced maintenance required from the new cloud version.
  • If the remote user is streaming video or has live animation on-screen, the connection can lag significantly. I'd like to see a way to address this somehow.
  • Linux support works, but is a little tricky to get running under Java.
In any remote support one-on-one role or server maintenance role, I like ConnectWise Control. We even use it internally in preference to Windows Remote Desktop. If you need to share your screen with multiple people, it's less useful. We use other tools such as Google Hangouts for those sorts of situations.
March 19, 2019

ConnectWise is a Swiss Army Knife for Your IT Team

We use ConnectWise control as a means of support for all of our end users as well as the convenient ability to quickly remote into physical servers if need be.
  • I like the ability to use plug-ins that allow for more detailed information about the computer I am monitoring.
  • The chat ability has helped greatly with ticket resolution as sometimes the end user does not always monitor their e-mail.
  • Organization is great as we use the software to support remote site machines as well.
  • The ability to remotely deploy software and run commands without being on the machine is a great feature!
  • When "ending" a connection, please provide full details of what exactly this will do and several prompts so that the user completely understands. I've had to remove this option from even the technicians as they were ending connections and removing the machine from the list of computers we can connect to.
  • Please allow for more real-time monitoring via preview. A low-resolution stream would work as we can see if there is activity without having to refresh constantly. Also, allow for a more high-resolution snapshot in this area in case we want to see what the end user is doing without having to connect to them and possibly disturb their workflow.
I would highly recommend this software. It's great for end-user support and remoting into various machines in a pinch. While plug-in support is great, I wouldn't solely use this software as a means of widespread software deployment or machine information, however, it does do the job that way if you need it to.

ConnectWise Control works for us

We use ConnectWise Control to manage and support all computers within the organization. This helps users get a quick response time when needing a problem solved on their machine.
  • It is quick when connecting to another computer. Sometimes there is a lag but for the most part things go pretty smoothly.
  • There is a new feature where we can send a link to someone's phone and then see out of their camera once they connect. We have not used this too much but it could come in handy at times.
  • It is easy to set up a support session for any computer where we don't have ConnectWise Control installed. This has helped solve issues on computers that are not yet joined to the domain as well as employees just coming on.
  • Sometimes it lags. Maybe fix this where it never does. Although it could be network issues as well.
  • We had to do some configuring in the web filter at first. Maybe some more instructions for this type of situation.
[Well suited] To install on any computer in the domain. You can get access any time there is an issue. You can even remotely wake the computer provided the BIOS settings are set.
March 12, 2019

ConnectWise Control, a great remote control product!

We are a small business that supports other businesses in the area of IT. As such, we use ConnectWise Control to assist users with their issues. So this allows us to provide timely assistance to users without having to physically visit for every issue. This allows us to be very efficient.
  • The product is very reliable, so this allows us to use the product and not have to work too much to maintain the product. Reliability is important when your customers want you to come online and solve their issue.
  • The way the product works is great. If a new user needs help it is not a difficult process to get connected to them, and then the remote software can be installed very easily and we are able to help them even faster. So a very good overall strategy for support and implementation.
  • Management of all the remote users is easy with grouping and searching features, making it easy to find the person needing support. Plus, the connection interface allows us to see if there is an issue right away in connecting to them, and then we are able to report back on any suspected internet issues very quickly. This helps a lot when the user is not really sure what is wrong.
  • I am very happy with the product and use it mainly for remote support, and it does everything that I need. I cannot really think of any improvements at this time. Just keep up the good work that you have been doing.
This product is well suited to allow for the remote control of client computers, which offers faster assistance when there are issues that need to be addressed. The management and usability of the product make it really nice and fast to provide support and assistance when needed. This allows us to support more customers than we could before using this product.
March 12, 2019

ConnectWise saves time when providing remote support

We use ConnectWise primarily to provide remote technical support to our clients. It has all the tools and features we need to help us diagnose and address the end users' problems quickly and effectively. We use it on a daily basis and it really makes workflow much simpler for all in the organization to track.
  • Remote technical support.
  • Remote file transfer.
  • Multiple unattended access.
  • Sometimes has a hard time sizing correctly to one monitor when guest and host resolutions are different.
  • Branding customization could be easier to use.
  • No option to change hosting within the US.
ConnectWise works great and is easy to use when needing the end user to connect you to a machine manually. A simple code is needed, and easy to follow download instructions are provided. For more in-depth machine monitoring or automation, you would need a more robust solution.
March 01, 2019

Fast and Efficient remote control

Our company uses Screenconnect to securely connect to our clients remotely for support and services. Screenconnect allows us to do this quickly and does not limit the amount of unattended access. Our help desk team also uses Screenconnect to assist customers remotely.
  • The pricing is fair.
  • Cloud-based server.
  • Very fast remote connections.
  • Needs 2 factor authentication for users, currently only available for the cloud administrator.
We use ScreenConnect to connect to all our clients' servers and workstations, it allows us to diagnose problems remotely and transfer files to the remote systems very efficiently.
May 09, 2019

Awesome Program

We use ConnectWise for remote support connecting to phone and voicemail systems for adds, moves, and changes. This allows us to save on windshield time and also a lower rate for our customers.

This tool allows us to respond quickly for all requests. The customer sees how fast we can support them using this tool!

• Easy to set up a new connection.
  • Easy one click connections
  • Does not slow down computer during use and is very responsive
  • No issues so far
You need this tool if you support any computer system remotely.
January 08, 2019

ConnectWise Control is a great value

As an IT Consulting Organization with a focus on Managed IT Services delivery to a variety of clients, we rely on ConnectWise Control for quick & efficient remote access to many devices. We've found it to be well priced and include competitive features. In addition to using this for access to our clients, we also use it for remote access to our own company-owned devices.
  • Simple to deploy, including silent installations
  • Intuitive management interface
  • Remote sessions work smoothly and quickly
  • Grouping devices has more of a learning curve than other solutions
  • Unclear about granular permissions per group/site/customer
ConnectWise Control is great for corporate and consulting organizations who need secure remote access to a variety of devices (PC, Mac, smartphone). ConnectWise support is one of the best I've worked with in over 15 years of IT consulting. I might not use this for personal use, but they do offer that as an option. It's designed for company IT departments or MSPs to use, and is a great fit.

ConnectWise Control

Our Technical Services Department uses ConnectWise Control to remotely administer end users machines.
  • Remote access to Client machines is extremely fast.
  • Customizable User Interface and grouping of clients is nice.
  • The ability to have both ad hoc sessions and persistent sessions is appreciated.
  • Transferring files between host and client could be handled much better (i.e. similar to LogMeIn or Bomgar).
  • Triggering remote commands to a selection of Clients should be an option.
  • Access controls to specific Clients could be handled better.
ConnectWise is a sound solution for any application where you need to administer multiple computers remotely across LAN or WAN. Some of the security controls preclude it from being used in an environment where industry regulation (i.e. HIPAA / PCI) are required.
April 11, 2019

Connectwise saves us a lot of time

We can easily remote into users computers to troubleshoot various problems. We save time by going this route and it also eliminates the need to go onsite or to walk over to a users computer.
  • Easily remote into computers.
  • Fix various issues like printing, etc.
  • Can easily search by computer name or number in the web portal.
  • Sometimes the web portal will go down for short periods of time.
We are able to install printer drivers or other programs the company uses, remotely without the need for being on site.
December 15, 2018

Fast, efficient and just works!

ConnectWise is used to provide end-user support to all 22 of the departments within our organization. It is primarily for remote support sessions and file transfer. We also use the cloud version for non-administrators to connect to devices remotely.

The biggest problem we had was the cost of the prior solution and the limitations on number of supported devices. With ConnectWise concurrent use licensing, we were able to self-host the service and optimize the use of the application while holding down costs.
  • Remote Support -- very easy to initiate a session or have a remote support user join a session.
  • Adding devices to be supported - simple install and configuration
  • Supports MFA - seamlessly integrated with DUO for multi-factor authentication and greater security controls
  • The file transfer could use some improvement; it is a bit disjointed to move files between machines.
  • Multiple monitor support; switching monitors should be improved. Most of the devices we support are dual monitor PCs and it would improve the support experience to have auto-scrolling between screens.
I can't think of a more appropriate scenario. It is well suited for our environment (small to medium sized local government technology support department) with a few technicians and less than 1,000 devices.
December 12, 2018

ConnectWise (formerly ScreenConnect) full review

I originally purchased ScreenConnect back in 2009 and built an in-house server to host it on an old DELL GX1 desktop computer. I have used it heavily for all 9 years and use it currently to support my clients of my computer repair/support business.

I have a domain name tied to it: "helpmejasonc.com" and a sub-domain tied to it as well: "remote.jasonaclarke.com".

In the last 2 years, I migrated my installation to a VPS to better support my users and to provide greater up-time reliability. I love this product and have never had a problem using it.

I currently have 2 concurrent licenses and plan to renew my support again in the next few weeks.
  • Allows me to reach my customers without the need to go onsite.
  • Allows me to perform maintenance off hours, off premises.
  • Allows me to complete work that is needed once the user takes their computer home...and perform this work for them once connected back at their location.
  • Gives me a service I can provide that others who do what I do...can't
  • I have seen nothing that is missing....the best addition was the ability to have unassisted clients. I use this for connecting to devices I manage for organizations such as servers and user computers. This allows me to maintain these devices off hours.
I have already recommended this to other colleagues. They have seen my setup and have been very impressed with it. This product was recommended by another colleague back in 2009...when it was being used by an application development company to support software of theirs that we had purchased. I got an initial trial license and I have been using it ever since.
December 11, 2018

ScreenConnect is an amazing piece of remote support software

We use this software installed on all computers so we can support computers in-house or remotely. We also use the software for external support to help some of our clients. It has been handy to be able to remotely control computers from anywhere so our support can be continued at a high level.
  • Being able to control computers remotely with ease.
  • The little program used to install on PCs makes it easier to obtain simple statistics of a machine.
  • Being able to use command line control PCs through the interface is amazing.
  • Mobile functionality. The app used for support on smart phones is not really properly optimised. It's essentially the web panel squeezed into the app which is not ideal.
  • Not a fan of the bright red writing of the versions of ScreenConnect installed on client machines once the server has been updated. It drives me crazy wanting to quickly update client software to be able to get rid of the red writing. Probably a sneaky way of forcing updates across the board.
  • OS X support is a little strange. Not a fan of having to explain 10 extra steps for OS X users to be able to install the software. I understand that it may not be possible to correct this due to the structure of OS X. However I am very happy that an update for ScreenConnect client allowed proper silent updates of the client rather than a random popup for users to enter the passwords.
Great for IT support. Having the ability to control multiple computers in a simple web interface is amazing. You are able to categorise computers into different labels which helps with sorting machines into different areas. It also has an amazing search function if you are trying to track down a computer in a large list.
December 05, 2018

IT Dept that needed a cost effective tool without sacrificing features

It's being used on the entire org for help desk support. Also have it as an alternative to a VPN to control servers and other devices when not onsite. The biggest win has been cutting down on commute and friction when trying to help a user with a simple fix.
  • Computer Access to frequently used computers or users who need help often.
  • Sending and receiving files is a breeze, the drag drop feature is magical.
  • Screen Recording and sharing.
  • The meeting software could use some tlc or better understanding to the end users.
  • Better UI for changing settings of the software.
It covers all the bases for an IT Department. It's a tool that I would always want on my side.
March 26, 2019

Needs a little work before I'd switch back.

It was used by our IT department for remotely accessing computers. It allows a technician to access a computer from the road, home, or even while on vacation if needed. Unfortunately, we had to discontinue use due to the iPhone application crashing, and issues using remote screen viewing from slower internet connections. If you're on a blazing fast connection, and only connecting from a desktop, the program works fine.
  • Remote screen monitoring
  • Ability to provide a link to a customer to access their computer
  • Price
  • iPhone App - Crashed frequently and needed to login at least daily
  • Customer service - Didn't respond to emails often
  • iPhone App - Much slower than TeamViewer on same internet speed. Likely due to different compression.
It is well suited if the iPhone app and customer service are not important to you.
January 22, 2019

My ConnectWise Control Review

I've used ControlWise Control as a tool for remote support and access for things like repairing computers or dealing with colleagues' issues when I was not around and managing machines for outside projects. I've had some experience with online seminars, meetings, and presentations as well. It has successfully addressed all issues that have occurred at work while I was out of the office.
  • Easy and smooth connectivity
  • Compatibility with almost any browser
  • Session type filtering options
  • Screen resize especially when working with a couple of monitors at the office
  • The microphone/speakers can take a bit to be arranged, sometimes blocking 2-directional communication
  • Odd chat window placement
The system would be proved very helpful in cases where customer service is required between agents and clients. It is very easy to instruct clients to connect remotely simply by pointing them to the website. There they can just start a new session and connect instantly without any obstacles. Makes communication very easy, fast and manageable.
January 08, 2019

Great remote support software at a price that is easy on the wallet

We are a software company and we use ConnecWise Control to do remote troubleshooting for our customers that are having issues with the software. Our software is purchased and self-hosted in a company's environment and so we generally need to get instant access to their servers or client machines.
  • Easy to use.
  • Fast.
  • Extremely powerful control.
  • Their customization interface is bad.
If you need extended access to an environment or ad-hoc access it does these really well.
December 17, 2018

Offers amazing reliability and permanent connectivity!

It is being used by the accounting department. It allows our accounting technician to work daily on the organisation's laptop in Canada and allows myself, the accounting supervisor, to connect weekly from Australia for end of the month procedures and conciliations.
  • Let's you see if the other laptop is connected or not
  • Allows a permanent connectivity, as long as the laptop is connected to the app (no time out or limited session time)
  • Easy to set up
  • A function to allow shifting from the controlled screen to the original screen (alt tab between screens)
  • Autoconnect from remote screens after restart
Well suited:
  • Remote control needed
  • Connections to multiple screens required

Less appropriate:
  • Personal use. If travelling and want to connect to your office computer left at home, connection might be disrupted if the computer restarts and no one is there to reconnect it to the app.
December 08, 2018

Pretty good to use, not too much room for improvement ;)

The software is used by 2-3 people within the company - usually embedded computers that control instruments are interfaced with the software at remote places to transfer data or resolve issues.
  • Extremely easy installation on the agent end even across operating systems.
  • Fairly simple to use operating interface.
  • Pretty good in terms of data usage during interfacing the remote system. This is especially useful for connections via mobile networks.
  • The price of the software could be lowered.
  • It seems the installation of upgrades of connectwise leads to crashes on user and agent side on Windows 10 machines. This happened a couple of times.
1. Quick check of the settings of a remote user system by sending the installer via link and accessing the computer. Especially cool is the clean uninstall option after the access.

2. Supervision of a remote user who is learning to use the software we provide.

3. Regular checks of the operation of remote devices that are not easily accessible because they're at remote places.
Mike Vaughan | TrustRadius Reviewer

ConnectSmooth Not Lagged

We use ConnnectWise Control / ScreenConnect on all of our client machines for remote desktop access and management. It enables us to address user machines and servers directly without any fuss as well as see configuration and software info using some of the free plug-ins provided.
  • The number one reason we use CWC is due to its ability to stay connected fluidly and quickly. I can hop in/out of a desktop in a second or two, whereas other remote software tends to be slow to connect or loses mouse tracking and clicks.
  • Its support for multiple monitors is also the best I've seen implemented. A triple monitor setup is not an issue. You can view all three in one window, or control click each individual monitor and assign a full size window to each of your monitors.
  • The free plugins available are also a big help. The ability to run commands remotely as well as start/stop services, kill processes, uninstall software, wake machines, chat with the user and record the session is nice, especially since the web interface tends to be quite responsive.
  • Pricing is good even if you are a single technician. You don't pay per machine unless you specifically want to.
  • If CWC integrated with more RMM software other than LabTech it would be great as LabTech is way too expensive and convoluted at this point so we discontinued using it in favor of a simpler and much less expensive option.
  • Though it does support multiple monitors well, it would be nice to have the ability to have it automatically pop each remote monitor out to the local monitors if so desired.
  • Right now it uses email for multifactor authentication, I would rather it use an electronic key that can be stored on cell phone or user desktop.
  • The ability for it to automatically login to a Windows desktop would be a big help as well. It will store a username and password but you must manually send a control-alt-delete and then click a button to have it fill. Tying to something like Lastpass along with an autologin feature would be great.
ConnectWise Control is great when you need to see the desktop to get a handle on a problem.

ConnectWise Control is not great for running remote commands or for scripting. Though it will process commands, you would not want to try and push out software to dozens/hundreds of machines using it.
Read Mike Vaughan's full review
David Lloyd | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 27, 2018

Best business decision/purchase we ever made

ConnectWise Control has changed how we support and communicate with our clients, allowing us to provide instant support and allowing us to grow our business. As an outsourced IT provider, ConnectWise Control is a core part of our business of remote support to hundreds of clients servers and desktops. The triggers, extensions and command options are both powerful and flexible and over time we have been able to request features or program our own solutions to incorporate ConnectWise Control to answer out needs. We previously used RAdmin and LogMeIn Rescue, but were frustrated by the difficultly of connections and licensing limitations. Control Unlimited was the answer and was the best decision and purchase we ever made. I still like the name ScreenConnect better as Control has been found intimidating to the end user, but from an IT Host perspective, that is what you get.... Control.
  • Toolbox is invaluable
  • Connections for any device has allowed more freedom as I am not tied to my desk. The iOS client is just as easy to use as a desktop.
  • Command and Command Toolbox allows us to runs scripts and commands without connecting to the client and has opened to door for faster support through Powershell and CMD Commands.
  • The Host Pass is a fantastic way to allow 3rd party support or end users temporary access to a Guest PC and is used frequently.
  • I appreciate the constant updates and improvements. There are about 5+updates a year and each one is better than the last.
  • I am always thinking about that... I will let you know if I think of any.
I can see this being a tool for both very large and small support shops.
Read David Lloyd's full review
Paul O'Brien | TrustRadius Reviewer

ConnectWise @ a Glance

I currently administrator 3 networks with ConnectWise software. In addition to these three networks, I use the software to help friends, family and colleagues with remote sessions for a variety of tasks. Some of the most common uses are; remote control of user desktops to solve technical and software issues, screen sharing and software installation and setup.
  • Remote Screen Sharing
  • Remote Desktop Control
  • Cataloging of all desktop resources in one simple location.
  • Autonomous software updates
A great scenario for ConnectWise is when an administrator has several networks with a large number of desktops that need to be administered. The dashboard has the ability to have each location separate and even departments broken down for quick access and organization. I use ConnectWise for my side job, and keeping this information organized saves me precious time.
Read Paul O'Brien's full review
Jay Hathi | TrustRadius Reviewer

My Experience with ConnectWise Control

I use ConnectWise Control in my role as IT manager to support my fleet of desktops, laptops, and mobile phones and tablets. It allows me more flexibility in terms of how many machines I can support and where I can support them from. I also have a role in our company's electronic security department (alarms, CCTV, and access control), and we use ConnectWise Control to help our techs in the field as they program or troubleshoot equipment. The software is also periodically used to remotely control the computers of our clients when they're having an issue with their alarm, CCTV, or access control software.
  • It's easy to use. I have users in our electronic security department that struggle with TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Dameware, and other remote access solutions, but can use ConnectWise Control without issue.
  • It does the job of multiple softwares (ad-hoc support, managed remote access, and web meetings) for the price of one. This reduces our total spend and reduces the number of systems we have to keep up with.
  • It's fast. Compared to LogMeIn and TeamViewer, it's much faster overall and much more usable on low quality connections.
  • I do wish there were a way to have unattended agents for mobile devices (phones and tablets). Some of my guys struggle setting up a session on their mobile device when they need help.
  • I wish there was better support for Linux on the host side. I like to use Linux whenever possible, but it's frustrating that there's not a client for remoting into other computers in Linux.
  • I wish commands didn't expire for offline agents. It's nice to push a command to a machine if it's off and not worry about the command timing out - I can know that it's done when the machine comes on.
I think that ConnectWise Control is particularly well-suited for troubleshooting remote machines, whether using the ad-hoc functionality or with permanent agents. However, I don't think that it's as good in terms of the web meeting functionality - although I use it, it still leaves a lot to be desired, like a call-in functionality.
Read Jay Hathi's full review

Screen sharing (571)
9.2
File transfer (544)
Instant message (480)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (72)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (296)
Over-the-Internet remote session (577)
Initiate remote control from mobile (369)
Remote management of servers & workstations (494)
Remote Active Directory® management (162)
Centralized management dashboard (459)
Session record (297)
Annotations (251)
Monitoring and Alerts (177)
Multi-platform remote control (382)

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control, formerly ScreenConnect, is a remote support, access and meeting solution. With this solution, you can use remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is fast, reliable and includes the same features as competing remote control solutions.

ConnectWise Control Screenshots

ConnectWise Control Integrations

ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Control Competitors

TeamViewer, RescueAssist, BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes