HubSpot Sales Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Leo Woods | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Hubspot Sales for my own prospecting and lead management. One of my colleagues was using it, and I was attracted to it due to the email and document tracking options it provides. HubSpot Sales also overcomes one of the things that has kept me away from other CRM's. It syncs with Gmail, which allows me to do what I was doing before, but now I have additional data that Hubspot collects for me, which has proven influential in my sales process.
  • DETAILED document tracking
  • Lets you organize timelines for outreach to prospects.
  • It's quite complex, I'd like to see a training video that starts from ZERO.
  • Would be good if it integrated with LinkedIn.
If you are sending out documents for prospects to review, HubSpot Sales is excellent because it provides detailed info about not only whether or not the document was viewed. Details about which pages, and even how long per page! It also provides tracking info for emails, allowing you to see how many times, and when, and even WHO is opening them. I'm sure there are MANY things I'm missing. I hope to learn more about it and find new ways to utilize it.
Read Leo Woods's full review
Judah Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

A salesperson's dream

Our team uses HubSpot Sales in addition to their CRM. We use it for account management, deal tracking, prospecting and every other function necessary for a successful sales team. It allows us to track our deals and collaborate such as sharing email templates and sequences. No other software comes close to its value and features.
  • Email tracking.
  • Built-in calling. Queues.
  • Honestly the best designed software I've ever used. There's very little that really bothers me.
  • The VoIP calling has been a bit shoddy lately.
I can't think of any situation where it wouldn't be a great fit. CRMs have always been the bane of every salesperson's existence but HS Sales actually makes it fun. The only time I may recommend something like SFDC is if you have a massive org with 100s of reps, need a very customized process and have a full-time team to manage it. Even then I'd still use HS as an add-on tool.
Read Judah Ross's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have known of HubSpot for years and mainly read their articles until I was sent a link to try out HubSpot sales web tool. I learned that they provided a CRM web-host software that helped small businesses like me to automate the sales process, create lead capture forms, and helped me create personalized emails and reminders. It is a free tool that’s suitable for any SME’s ready to fast-track their sales process.
  • A free tool for any small business and with options to upgrade for those needing more advanced features.
  • One of my favorite features is being able to get real-time engagement updates that send me a notification as soon as my email is sent and opened by a customer.
  • Another cool feature is that it can automatically record clients' contact details, actions, and it integrates with my Gmail. So, after syncing my Gmail account, it can automatically save all contact details used with that email account into my own little database.
  • When I first started using HubSpot, I just didn’t understand the tool and how it could benefit my business. I feel HubSpot is not the greatest in explaining the true impact it can have on a small business.
  • Although a I love that it can sync with Google Calendar, unfortunately it doesn’t sync with any other calendar tool.
  • I dislike the restrictions on the form fields when creating signup forms for your email newsletter or digital resource opt-in forms.
  • The integrations I found to be very limited, and when you can connect particular tools it only works with very well known ones, so it can be hard to make the lead generation and sales process work seamlessly.
I would and I have recommended HubSpot to a lot of small businesses that are now ready to scale and are looking to set up their systems and processes in order to save them time and frustration. The fact that it’s primarily by feel and has features that help to create landing pages, automate communications and alert you on potential leads is fantastic.
The only downside with HubSpot is when you want to grow beyond the free tool. The steep cost from the free to the paid plan is a major expense, and that may push others to look for an alternative that are more cost-effective.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
Chris Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for our sales team, to remove friction from the sales process and to ensure alignment between sales and marketing. I also implement HubSpot sales across other organizations for similar reasons. Properly implemented, the toolset helps sales to spend more time having sales conversations with prospects that are ready to have a sales conversation. It also helps sales to understand the context of a prospect so that all messaging is relevant and helps the prospect move forward.
  • Understand context and timing.
  • End to end tracking of the sales process and alignment with marketing and service.
  • Drives relevant conversations with prospects.
  • Removes friction from the sales process.
  • The reporting is still evolving but the focus on the constant evolution of the product means you don’t wait long for things to improve.
HubSpot Sales is well suited for powering a team of BDR's and helping them be faster, more efficient and intensely focused on the customer and their needs.
Read Chris Grant's full review
HubSpot Sales is used by our organization's sales team. We started using it across our whole organization until we really figured out the aspects between a free user and a paid seat for the Sales Professional. For sales, this addresses our need to combine a CRM and a sales tool to help our sales team stay on task with following up on leads.
  • Easy to use.
  • Custom fields.
  • Very pricey.
  • Wish they had an option to add features "al a carte."
I would recommend HubSpot Sales for those needing a comprehensive sales team solution for a small team. Although it is scalable it can be quite pricey. We currently have a 5 seat plan on a monthly payment plan for $432 (includes tax). We can integrate free users but they do not have all the features the HubSpot Sales subscription does.
HubSpot Sales is being used by our marketing, sales, and customer experience teams. We utilize it to manage track marketing initiatives and successes, sales pipeline, interactions, & contract information, as well as customer experience interactions, renewal management, and task management. This allows us to have a central repository of the sales funnel through renewal and everything in between.
  • Central repository of interactions with prospects and clients.
  • Good out of the box initial uses.
  • Customer experience team runs in to limitations or need for excess customization.
  • Task management for a team is challenging; no filtering for multiple assignees.
HubSpot Sales is meeting the needs of our organization and allows for enough customization to keep up with our growing team. The sales and marketing areas are robust and allow for detailed tracking of information. There are challenges with appropriate labeling or the ability to slice and dice information for outreach. The customer experience team uses it for all relationship management efforts and to track our renewal process. More CX functionality would be appreciated.
We are using HubSpot Sales to manage our sales funnels in order to get an idea of conversion rates and sales cycle times--for ourselves and for our investors. We also use HubSpot Sales to register our conversations (like meeting notes) so we can keep track of it all. Finally, we keep clients and prospects records so it's easier to find information whenever we need it.
  • Manage contacts and company records
  • Integrate with gmail / track email opens
  • The funnel sometimes doesn't work
  • Sales prediction is poor
I think HubSpot Sales especially suits companies who also use the HubSpot marketing tools. We started using it because of that (to keep it all integrated), and we are now with it only because it's free. It's getting better (much better now than one year ago), but there is still room for improvement and bugs on basic things (like dragging a deal to a different stage).
HubSpot Sales is used by the sales team only. We use it to initiation interested via workflows, and have lists that show us recent engagement, and users who haven't been touched in 3 months or more. We use email templates as well.
  • Analytics - Tons of applied analytics to create lists and workflows based on data.
  • Workflows - Great tool to automate initial prospecting efforts.
  • Corporate data - Most corporate data pulled from their database is vague or incorrect.
  • Had multiple glitches that unsubscribed all clients from a workflow, lost a lot of work.
HubSpot Sales is great for SMBs who use their website and active content for their inbound strategies. It might not be great for large companies.
February 05, 2020

Can't beat it for free

HubSpot Sales is only being utilized by our customer service and sales departments to share information as related to clients with multiple contact representatives.
  • Easily integrated with Microsoft programs we already used.
  • Provides easy access for customer communication to upper management.
  • Email "read" notifications just stopped working, this was my favorite feature.
  • Some email communication does not carry over, and we've been unable to determine why.
I will always recommend the free service to smaller companies or affiliates. The paid services would not appeal to smaller businesses, so, I would not likely recommend it.
HubSpot is a tool that we use to manage communication with customers and with our sales team. It is very easy to use and is adaptable to the needs of our team.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • Ability to merge deals.
  • More user-friendly landing page.
HubSpot does it all, when it comes to sales customer relationship management system.

With HubSpot Sales, I have been able to manage my sales leads. I can keep track of every email and phone call I have had with a prospect and pull up all my notes in one place. This CRM allows me to pick up right where I left off with clients.
We use Hubspot Sales templates to interact with our customers and we also use the document tool where the system will give us notifications when someone opens our files. That way we can track and better target the right leads. We also use sales reports and deals to assign leads to the sales team and track who is making efforts to reach out to customers and what actions are missing.
  • Reports are easy and clear.
  • Templates are easy to share and edit.
  • Love the document sharing tool - easy to track interactions.
  • Some of the existing reports are not that useful for us; you have to know how to build the reports that will be meaningful for your organization.
It's a great tool for tracking customer interactions and sales team activities. If you know how to build your own customized report, it is very useful and easy to manage!
Tom Wondra | TrustRadius Reviewer
HubSpot Sales is being used by the entire organization. The Sales team uses it to track and monitor deal flow and contacts, as well as task management to ensure things don't fall through the cracks.

Executive Management uses HubSpot Sales to monitor deal progress and track sales estimates and expected close timing.
  • Integration into GSuite/Gmail. The setup is super simple, and eliminates the need for duel entry as contacts and email streams flow freely from Gmail into HubSpot.
  • Task Management. Tasks are easy to setup by deal, company or individual. The reminders help keep users on task.
  • Funnel Management. It is easy to see where deals are in the funnel, and to manage deals if they stall.
  • Visualization of the funnel. There is a kanban-type board for deal flow, but it could be presented better visually to make it easy to manage.
  • Reporting. The reporting is ok, but leaves a lot of room for improvement.
  • Notes Editor. You can add notes to each deal, company, or contact, but there aren't any basic editing tools in the text box. For example, a simple bullet button, italics, bold, etc. would go a long way in making the taking of notes within HubSpot much easier.
HubSpot Sales is well suited for sales teams that want to really use a CRM. As with any tool like this, it is only as effective as the willingness of the team to use it. Adoption is easy and the overhead of keeping it updated is not real heavy. It seems to be most ideally suited for smaller teams, but I could see it being quite effective for larger teams, as well.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
Edward Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by the marketing department. Hubspot has helped us simplify several marketing activities and make these consistent. It has allowed us to be much more intentional and in a timely manner.
  • Tracking our pipeline/funnel to see where people are and how the team is doing.
  • Helps us track prospects closely to see how they are engaging.
  • Implement live chat resources.
  • Ability to sync with more programs.
  • It is expensive.
Their marketing knowledge is unmatched compared to others.
Read Edward Phillips's full review
Emily Ciavolino | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales and marketing teams use HubSpot. In addition, to being a great tool for both teams, it's helpful for our sales/marketing relationship, process, and analytics.
  • Integrations - PandaDoc, Chrome, Intercom, and more amplify HubSpot's impact on the team
  • Automation - One of our core values is #work-smarter, and HubSpot enables that for our sales team
  • Analytics - I know they're working on these now, and they' helpful, but somehow we're still running into things we can't do on their dashboard. We're still frequently exporting our data to manipulate in excel. Also, the analytics dashboards are complex enough that it's taken AEs awhile to engage with HubSpot analytics and get actionable insights.
HubSpot is great for marketing and inbound sales. You'll need additional tooling for outbound sales.
Read Emily Ciavolino's full review
Toby Mei | TrustRadius Reviewer
HubSpot Sales is used in a bundle with other HubSpot products - HubSpot CRM and HubSpot Marketing. HubSpot sales is used in the Sales Department to improve their productivity. It helps with activity tracking, meeting/appointment scheduling, phone call/email tracking, email templates, etc. It also has a Gmail plugin that helps connect Gmail to HubSpot.
  • Tracking email activity: email is opened, the attachment is viewed
  • Templates: quickly create emails and replies
  • Template and webpage to schedule meetings without going back and forth
  • Nothing specifically for our business needs
If you already are using HubSpot Marketing and CRM, HubSpot Sales is a very nice add-on to increase the productivity
Read Toby Mei's full review
Marc Herschberger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales team uses HubSpot Sales as a support tool for prospecting as well as an organization tool for the sales cycle and our tracking of it. Overall, it helps our team be more effective and efficient with their selling time while giving our management team greater visibility into sales activity and numbers.
  • Makes our sales team's lives easier through simple technology.
  • Gives greater visibility to management when it comes to sales metrics.
  • Some of the data accuracy pieces are still getting nailed down by HubSpot, so super technical or complex items sometimes aren't best done in this tool.
  • This isn't an enterprise tool YET. It's getting there but was mainly built for SMB's.
HubSpot Sales is well suited for small to medium sized sales teams who are looking to technology for the first or second time to drive efficiency and effectiveness. It's less appropriate at the moment for larger sales teams that have complex systems and reporting needs, although it can still get the job done.
Read Marc Herschberger's full review
We use Hubspot Sales to run all of our deal sourcing and business development. Our team is divided into a Sales team (finding clients and partners) and a Strategy team (professional services with clients and partners). Hubspot Sales is used mostly by our Sales team.

The pipeline features align our team. Hubspot Sales has been most valuable as the single source of truth for our client and partner sales pipeline. Our teams can instantly see what deals are in the pipeline, how much revenue we expect in the next month(s), and where the bottlenecks in our sales process are.

We get huge efficiency gains from communication features. Every part of our sales process is templatized, using the Hubspot Sale Templates and Sequences features. This allows us to send around 10x the number of emails and communication to clients and partners in our pipeline, and rapidly move them through the pipeline to closed deals.
  • Automatic tracking and logging of email threads so the whole team can see the conversation with a lead and easily collaborate on closing a deal.
  • Enables our team to share best practices through testing and measuring the performance of templates, then refining and sharing email templates that work well across the whole team.
  • We get most of our business from referrals. Hubspot makes it easy to run reports to see which of our referring partners are the highest-value, so we can take action to nurture those referring partners.
  • The workflow features seem cool but are actually fairly clunky and hard to implement.
  • I really wish there were easier ways to automate communication tied to the deal stage in our sales pipeline. E.g., if I move a deal forward to a new deal stage, I wish Hubspot could automatically send an email template to the contact associated with the deal.
  • The landing pages look like crap and are somewhat hard to deploy. I use Unbounce instead.
Great use case: If you have multiple salespeople, Hubspot makes it really easy to share and hand off email threads so the whole team can see the conversation with a lead and easily collaborate on closing a deal. Bad use case: We tried to use Hubspot as a tool to track our fundraising round. I don't recommend it, it ended up being too much work to manage.
We use Hubspot Sales for a wide range of things that before were using a combination of disparate systems, e.g. email templates & sequences, CRM, meeting links, dialer and call recording, forecasting & reporting, marketing collateral management, tasks & reminders, etc. We use Hubspot Sales for our sales team and have been also utilizing their marketing product within that same time frame, however, we've recently also added their client success suite on as well, which has eliminated even more isolated systems that weren't 'talking' with each other.
  • Overall usability and UX/UI is LIGHT-YEARS easier than Salesforce as a CRM. We invested a ton of money moving from Hubspot CRM to Salesforce thinking we needed some more robust capabilities only to move back to Hubspot Sales after realizing incremental reporting improvements were vastly outweighed by the frustration and inefficiency of no longer having Hubspot. I now dread the day we ever have to move to something more robust and hope that Hubspot continues the robustness of their product so that we never have to!
  • One of the best things about Hubspot is having so many tools consolidated under one platform. It eliminates the need for a separate sales engagement platform (Outreach, Salesloft, etc), dialer, meeting booking tool (e.g. Calendly, Chili Piper) and ties into Hubspot's Marketing suite (they are stronger in this area than their Sales product currently, since it's always been their bread and butter) as well as new Client Success tools.
  • The support is pretty decent as well. Sometimes I've received email answers that weren't helpful, however, I will say that it's very easy to submit a ticket or live chat around questions.
  • The main thing Hubspot can improve on in their Sales product is the 'depth' of how to configure things. For instance, it's much easier in Salesforce to associate things like buyers & re-sellers or more complex sales than a simple SaaS sale.
  • Many of my gripes about the product have actually been addressed in the last 6 months alone -- I'm really hoping they continue this pace of innovation.
I would 100% recommend Hubspot Sales to any small to mid-size company to orchestrate all sales & marketing workflows and data. The only instance where it may not be well suited are for larger enterprise companies that have more complex needs that can only be addressed by a behemoth product like Salesforce (which is not a pleasant experience but a necessary evil in some instances).
We use Hubspot Sales to organize our sales process better and to automate it as much as we can. Hubspot Sales gives us all the tools for that, starting with email templates and followups. As well as tracking email opens, and automatically logging prospect data and email conversations to Hubspot CRM. So far, we are very happy with the tool.
  • It's great at tracking email opens, clicks and providing information about it.
  • I love how Hubspot Sales allows us to create email templates and use them during the sales process. It helps to automate but still keeps the ability to personalize the emails.
  • It's great how Hubspot Sales integrates with HubSpot CRM so all the conversation and prospect info is synced and logged in to the CRM.
  • Sometimes I get randomly logged out from Hubspot Sales Chrome extension on my Gmail and I can't understand why. But overall, the experience is pretty great!
Hubspot Sales can be used by very different customer profiles. You can be an individual, a freelancer, an agency, a startup, or even a big corporation and Hubspot Sales will be able to solve your needs in any of these cases.
HubSpot Sales is being used by both our Sales and Customer support team as a CRM. Clients register on our website-- which integrates with HubSpot-- to register their contact info for our teams. Using the information, our Sales team is able to get in touch with the client. Additionally, we use HubSpot's Gmail plugin to track emails, conversations and whether an email has been opened or not. Our support team uses this information to track customer relationships and support our clients.
  • Track email correspondence
  • Provides background info on clients (Linkedin / Existing Hubspot customers)
  • Integrates with various different services (Segment, Mailchimp, Zapier)
  • Migrating information from other CRMs isn't straightforward
  • The HubSpot gmail integration constantly needs you to log in when you restart your browser
  • Dashboards are rather minimalistic
HubSpot Sales is well suited if you have a small to medium sized sales and customer support team. The larger your team, the more users you will need on your account. This can get very costly. HubSpot Sales has a powerful framework with a lot of bells and whistles but ensuring that you can afford it is key. Otherwise, you may just be able to use HubSpot CRM or a cheaper alternative to achieve what you're looking for.
The tool is being used by SDRs and AEs to make calls, send emails, and use sequences. It helps with touching many prospects at once while removing repetitive tasks. It also tracks email opens, clicks, and stores that info our in our CRM.
  • Email tracking is very good and quick. I get fast notifications when someone opens an email which is nice.
  • Sequences, this helps me keep in touch with a lot of prospects and keeps my message looking one on one.
  • Snippets - this is super handy, as I can store quick objection lines or other content easily and access it fast.
  • Sequences - needs to be more than 5 emails.
  • Better calling tools, local dialing, voice mail drop, and text should be a part of the stack.
It is a good tool, if you are looking for something more robust there are other options out there. However, if you are looking to run inbound methodology, HubSpot sales was built around inbound. It works well; the UI is easy to learn and it makes sense.
It is being used by the Sales and Service team (to track deals from initiation to delivery) as well as by Accounting & Finance (to forecast cash flows and manage accounts receivable).
  • Allows the customization of the workflow of sales, production and delivery process.
  • Manages communication with customers
  • Has robust search functionality
  • Integration with Gmail and/or Outlook needs to allow for linking emails to specific deals, not just to contacts or companies
  • Open API
Fantastic for web-based sales, especially retail. Not as well suited for firms which need to handle both sales and manufacturing.
I use HubSpot to track my email activity, see when recipients have opened the messages and where they have opened them from.
  • Tracks emails without me having to do anything once the extension is installed.
  • Real-time updates when the email is reopened, where, and with what device.
  • Sometimes I know the location is off based on who the email was sent to.
  • It would be nice to see the tracking on forwarded emails
It's good for tracking email activity but it would be nice if it would show when an email was forwarded. Email templates are easy to use, edit, and customize for each email blast. I'm sure there is a lot I have not explored and there are a lot of features I do not know how to use.
Marissa White | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a sales operations consultant and needed a CRM system to manage my contacts and business activity. HubSpot sales does everything I had as a bare minimum requirement and quite a bit more and would recommend it as an excellent CRM to anyone working as an individual or managing a small sales force.
  • Excellent e-mail and calendar integration with Gmail. I believe it also does it with Outlook.
  • Templates are excellent for emails. I use a standard template to reach out to people that have downloaded collateral or signed up to my mailing list which I then customise based on my research. It really saves time by having a standard format with some verbiage I've written.
  • Super easy to customise fields and add items to picklists, etc.
  • I really like the ability to know who has viewed my documents and track that.
  • It tells me prospects in terms of which domains are on my website.
  • With a growing organisation there is a limit to the size and complexity of business that would use HubSpot. Once you want to look at things integrated company and contact data, incentive automation, sales enablement content platforms, CPQ, etc you will really be looking to move to Salesforce. That being said, Why buy a Ferrari when you just need a bicycle? Hubspot is an excellent solution to provide small, immature sales businesses a way to track activity and deals.
  • Support for free licenses isn't great (which is fair) but finding training material isn't as intuitive as it should be.
  • Can't think of any others!
Considering HubSpot there really is a good customer use case and a bad use case. I'd say its a 9.5/10 recommendation for some and a 1/10 for others.

Well-suited
- Individual consultants (I heard a story that some have use cases such as tracking dates) - its really ideal for single operators, especially the free version
- Small to medium businesses with small sales teams and simple processes
- No need to integrate to other systems
- Simple reporting needs

Poorly suited
- Established businesses looking to cost cut with CRM
- High volume businesses
- Complex sales processes
- Businesses looking to connect to more complex reporting or visualisation tools or do complex analysis
Read Marissa White's full review
Ted Bennett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubspot Sales is used across the organization here at Appcues. It is a really great tool because not only does it serve our sales team with opportunity and contact tracking, but it also provides a tightly knit back-end for our marketing activities, landing pages etc. I've now used the tool for over 2 years at two different companies and it just keeps getting better. Unlike Salesforce, Hubspot has built a lot of third party tools right into the CRM itself, like a calendar tool, sequencing for emailing outbound, and many more features. They are constantly improving the product and I'm really excited to see where it goes!
  • Contact management
  • Deal organization
  • Emails (it is HubSpot at the end of the day!)
  • "Meetings" which is just a feature like Calendly that provides a calendar link to your clients to book times
  • I would like to see more statistics (if possible) on my emails.
  • More deal analytics. Right now it tracks well along my process but where are my deals spending the longest time in stages? How can I better tell which deals are going to close?
  • More consistent link tracking, sometimes it does not register that a user clicked the link in my email.
  • Well suited for teams looking to better organize their growth and better align marketing and sales.
  • Less appropriate for teams looking to keep marketing and sales separate, although you could do it with Hubspot.
Read Ted Bennett's full review

About HubSpot Sales

Sidekick is a sales intelligence solution. Some key features include: Email Profiles and Email Tracking.

HubSpot Sales Technical Details