Spredfast Review: "Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way"https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-managementSpredfastUnspecified8.11041012017-11-17T20:18:47.432Z
Overall Satisfaction with Spredfast
- Constantly updating and improving their product to keep it current and leading edge.
- Training modules are excellent, constant training on updates, low barrier of use for people to adopt the platform.
- Prompt technical support.
- Much is done remotely, more person to person check-ins between client reps and clients would be nice.
- I would love to be able to edit posts directly from Spredfast after publishing instead of needing to go into the native platform to fix typos, etc.
Social media are mostly marketing and relationship building platforms for us. Research scientists make up a relatively small (but growing) part of the social media landscape. Life scientists are still more likely to contact via email or phone for technical assistance, mostly because their questions are highly complex. However, we are increasingly seeing questions via FB messenger from regions of the world not served by branch offices. So social care is becoming more important.
It has improved our management of our calendars and efforts. It has given us a the tools we need to develop a strategy rather than doing social piecemeal, and it allows us to see what content works best on each platform. Spredfast has really enhanced our ability to pick up on important conversations and make sure that we do respond to any customer queries through social. Also, the Intelligence piece of their platform is providing key voice-of-customer information for us as we develop campaigns and messaging that will resonate with our customers.
The Spredfast team was friendly and approachable. They have a well defined process for implementation.
This platform gives us plenty of room to grow and add routing, regulatory requirements. It will accommodate adding customer/technical service units for customer care as well, and it is easily expanded as new global branches come online with social media.
We are continuing to expand here. We have gained efficiencies through Spredfast already in customer care, and we are seeing more collaboration and sharing of content and assets through the platform.
We are integrated with Google Analytics. We are looking at integrating with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
It's an intuitive platform. The capture app has been wonderful--allows me to get social content from events all over the world without needing to pay for platform access for everyone in the company.
They are incredibly responsive, with same value toward customer and tech support that we have. Rarely do I see this in a vendor. Even though we are probably one of their smaller accounts, they have taken the time to visit us on site and work with our branch marketing and social media managers. Additionally, they have offered several phone tutorials on the features of the platforms that we are using which have been incredibly helpful--I learned quite a few tricks and tips that have helped me get more from the too.
Sprout Social could not integrate with Microsoft Dynamics when we were evaluating the platforms. Sprinklr and Spredfast were the top two platforms we investigated; Spredfast appeared have better customer service, which is something we value highly. We use Meltwater for PR purposes and keep an eye on their social platform. However, when we were first looking at Spredfast and the other platforms, Meltwater was not a serious player in the social space. Kumfo has a relationship with Sitecore, the platform we use for our web site. For that reason, I keep an eye on them as well.
Spredfast summit is an excellent way to immerse myself in social and get ideas and information from many different sources. I have found it amazingly useful, and I wish I could get at least half of the marketing department to attend. The webinars have always been high quality, and I pay attention to the emails I get indicating what has been published on the Spredfast blog.
I think that you need to be a company of a certain size before the platform makes sense. We are probably at the smaller end of that effective scale. It has been a great tool to roll out globally. Our branch offices have adopted with minimal difficulty. Spredfast has been great--even sending speakers to Madison when we had our entire global team together for a meeting.
Spredfast Feature Ratings
Boolean keyword searches
Filtering out noise/spam
Broad channel coverage
Content planning and scheduling
Automated routing and prioritization
Customer interaction histories
Campaigns and promotions
Campaign success analytics
Role-based user permissions & privileges
Users and Roles
20 - Marketing, Corporate communications
Support Headcount Required
Business Processes Supported
- social editorial calendar management and campaign planning
- evaluation of campaign performance, high- or over-performing content, identification of influencers
- social customer care and response
- We have been able to use the Intelligence leaderboard to identify over-performing content from scientific publishers that our customers typically follow and use that craft an agile, newsroom strategy for content creation
- We are able to obtain VOC from social listening
Future Planned Uses
- Managing promotions or contests
Likelihood to Renew
We are extremely happy with the product.
Return on Investment
- It's expensive, but it has enabled our global social media to be more coordinated and collaborative. We've gained a great deal of efficiency