Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hotjar, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
Hotjar is a conversion rate optimization tool for digital marketers. Features include heatmapping, visual session recording, conversion funnel analytics, form analytics, feedback polls and surveys, and usability testing.
The tool is used by digital analysts, UX designers, web developers and product marketers. Hotjar was acquired by Contentsquare September 2021, and is now a Contentsquare brand.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Quick customer insight
- Ease of use
- Continously improving the features of the software
- Would be great if you could schedule polls/surveys to go live
- Be able to QA poll and surveys on your IP
- Ease of set up
- Ability to get customer feedback instantly
- Increased importance of areas of focus based on customer feedback
- Allows us to always put our customers first
- Clear strategy roadmap definition
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Quick set up
- Instant real time data
- Quick analysis/overview done by the tool
- Quick and easy installation via Google Tag Manager.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use user interface makes adding tags extremely easy and quick.
- Hotjar provides heat mapping and user session recording to see how users interact with your website.
- Hotjar is primarily used for web-based experiences. Not that easy to use on mobile apps.
- I'd love to see Hotjar integrated with Google Analytics for an even deeper view.
- Hotjar is primarily used by smaller organizations...pricing can get steep quickly for larger organizations.
- Hotjar quickly improved our CTR by 25% MoM.
- Hotjar is relatively inexpensive for most of it's packages, so any changes we made to the site would correlate to new deals, thus paying for the monthly subscription in one deal.
- Hotjar has saved our team immense time by not having to do in-person, manual user testing.
- It's an accurate representation of traffic.
- It is fast.
- It is accessible data.
- Maybe more flexibility on the free features.
- Chat support that will help understand the service better while using it, probably.
- App version.
- Better decisions in marketing.
- Less guesswork on what to do next.
- Easily accessible data.
- heatmaps and qualitatively tracking page engagement
- in-line surveys and feedback gathering
- user session videos
We use it across marketing, product, research, engineering, and any other department that works on the website. Generally, it is a cheap and easy way to see how people are interacting with our website.
- Incredibly affordable and easy to set up
- When I've contacted support, they've been helpful
- Excellent value-for-money
- Very accessible for people with different technical skills
- Hard to look at data at an individual user level (makes cleaning up non-geo traffic or outliers harder)
- Tough to integrate at the user level with other tools
- Some of the tools don't support multiple users as well as they could
Once you get enterprise level and need to add PII to sessions and things of that nature, it gets much harder to use. At that point you're better served by a specific tool for the job.
- Has helped us optimize pages for CRO
- Has helped us identify bugs to fix
- Has helped us identify user confusion and copy issues that impede conversion