Jobvite Reviews

February 20, 2015

Jobvite Review

Jobvite is being used strictly within the recruiting team for the recruiting process (from job posting to the offer process). It addresses tracking candidate flow and coordinating interviews, as well as tracking a few metrics.
  • Scheduling interviews
  • Tracking candidate flow
  • Tracking metrics (e.g. candidates/hires by source)
  • Tracking metrics
  • More friendly HTML (when writing emails within Jobvite, it's a little challenging to copy-paste text into it)
Some key questions to ask are:

1. What are the top 3 items you want to use this system for?
  2. Is metrics important to you?
February 17, 2015

Candidates expect Jobvite!

It is mainly used by recruiting but whenever there is an open position, the decision makers (both hiring manager and interviewers) are expected to give their feedback on JobVite. I believe the hiring manager also has the ability to look through all the resumes and information submitted on JobVite.
  • Jobvite is really good at keeping things organized and making it easy to track a candidate's progress.
  • Jobvite is really good at creating an easy to use forum for writing comments about the candidate.
  • It can be tricky for employees to figure out how to have Jobvite post for them on LinkedIn.
  • Sometimes there is a disconnect when a referral applies on their own through Jobvite. There should always be a way for someone to mention who they know already working at the company.
I would recommend it. With the number of applicants companies get these days, you definitely need something and most applicants have come to expect Jobvite to be used. It may or may not be appropriate for a very small company, but I do believe it boosts credibility by using a system like Jobvite.
January 25, 2014

Best on the market but needs improvement.

I am a technical recruiter and I currently use Jobvite to submit candidates to my clients who used Jobvite as their ATS. My company itself doesn't use Jobvite, however. I did use Jobvite when I was an internal recruiter at my previous job. There, I used Jobvite to track, message, and schedule interviews for my candidates. I also used it to communicate with hiring managers on different teams. I liked using Jobvite because it helped keep all communications and interactions in one place.
  • I think Jobvite is intuitive and easy to use. The UI is clean and just about anyone can learn how to use it.
  • Jobvite is easy to set up and easy to link with your accounts. It integrates easily with your email and calendar.
  • Jobvite helps anyone in an organization who is involved in the hiring process communicate better, provide feedback, review notes and resumes all in one place.
  • One thing that I really disliked about Jobvite when I was an internal recruiter is how the page would refresh every time I would schedule something. It was extremely time consuming and frustrating when I scheduled interviews for 6-8 interviewers and had to wait for the page to reload 6-8 times.
  • Another thing I found frustrating is the fact that I couldn't have two Jobvite windows open on different pages. It was extremely difficult to multitask.
  • Currently as an agency recruiter submitting candidates to organizations, I find it frustrating that I cannot search within candidates. Since I have 500+ candidates who I have submitted, I have to click from page to page to find a candidate by alphabetical order.
I think Jobvite works really well when there is a strong flow of candidates coming through. If a recruiter is managing multiple requisitions, I would definitely recommend Jobvite as the ATS. It's almost impossible to manage communication between candidates, hiring managers, interviewers and agencies without this tool. However, Jobvite might not be as useful for a small company or startup looking to hire 2-3 people.
January 31, 2014

Jobvite Review

It is mainly used by our HR/Recruiting team. Outside of that, employees who interview candidates get notifications of the interviews and submit their interview evaluations from/to Jobvite. Additionally, employees use it to submit referrals.
  • Ability to quickly find candidates in the system (if you know the candidate's name)
  • Love the dashboard, as it quickly gives me an overview of my roles, new applicants, and the search bar on the dashboards page is actually a more efficient way to search for candidate's than the actual Candidates page, because you don't need to worry about filters that may already be on your Candidate search page that you have to remove and do the search a second time.
  • Ability to quickly add candidates to a specific req via the "Add Candidate" link within the actual req.
  • The fact that once a candidate is designated a "Future Candidate" that they have to remain an active candidate. You should have the ability to make them inactive.
  • I have no idea how to source for candidates already in our Jobvite that weren't a fit for another role but could be good for other roles that open. I worked at Google, and this was extremely easy to do through their proprietary ATS, and I would love to have that tool with our Jobvite.
  • I have no idea if Trulia has the functionality to use the Pipeline, Campaign, and/or Sourcing functions. But, if we do, I'd love to understand what those functions specifically do and how to best use them.
Well suited - Tracking candidates in process (excluding not being able to make "Future Candidates" inactive.

Less appropriate - Passive candidate sourcing
January 25, 2014

Jobvite - pretty good

My previous company deployed it as their first ATS to help the company hire 300 people in a 1-year period. It was used by multiple recruiters/hiring managers. It was deployed internationally.
  • Engage the hiring manager: the system makes it easy for the hiring manager to be highly engaged in the process and have visibility every step of the way.
  • Tap social media: the connections to Linkedin, glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, etc for posting jobs and/or connecting with contacts is easy.
  • Approvals: it's nowhere near as robust as Taleo or iCims in this respect. It was a constant struggle to get approvals fine tuned and there was limited flexibility on how to configure.
  • Reporting: it didn't 100% meet all of our reporting needs, particularly for compliance purposes (we filed an annual AAP).
It's great for a small to (maybe) mid-sized company where the hiring managers are expected to be highly engaged in the recruiting process.

Without significant upgrades, it's not a system that can scale as a company grows from ~500 to 1000.
January 24, 2014

Great tool for better communication and organization

Our company uses Jobvite in our recruiting and human resources department. We have hundreds of applicants every month, so it's a great program for making sure we look at and respond to each and every person who applies to our company. It helps us stay organized and communicate well with each other; you can organize applicants into categories (i.e. Hired, Declined, Scheduled for phone interview, Accepted for in-person interview, ect.) and send them emails directly through Jobvite. There are other great features to Jobvite as well, such as a section to add internal notes about a candidate, and more.
  • Makes it easy to communicate with potential employees as well as with colleagues during the hiring process
  • Easy to use and navigate
  • Helps you stay organized while recruiting multiple candidates
  • You have to be very detail oriented to use this program. Since you're responding to people's job applications through Jobvite, it could be a disaster if you accidentally put someone in the wrong category.
  • You aren't able to see if someone else at the company has the same job candidate open on their computer, which can lead to things like two people calling the candidate at once. Communication is key.
  • If someone has been in a certain category for a long time, they just sit there. It can be easy to lose track of applicants within the program.
It's best used for companies who need more organization to their recruitment process. If you have tons of applications coming through, Jobvite helps you keep track of everyone and remember who you've responded to. I wouldn't recommend the software for companies who don't have a lot of applicants because in that case, it's just as easy to organize those people in your own email.
January 20, 2014

Wish I had the budget for Jobvite, unfortunately Taleo is in my budget

I did use Jobvite, I loved the interface and all of it's functions. It is MUCH better than Taleo. Unfortunately I had to cut costs and I preferred using LinkedIn Recruiter, which is expensive. WIth the additional $10k cost per year for Jobvite, the combined costs were above my budget. I am currently using Taleo for $2k per year but am considering using a start up with similar features called GatherDocs.
  • Love the interface and the fact you can integrate with your company brand
  • Integrates with Social Media so current employees can utilize the service
  • Like the ability to share info with hiring managers easiy
  • Cost isn't too bad for what it offers, but unfortunately I can't afford it with my budget. That's the only weakness I can think of.
Well suited for most scenarios and most companies, but if you're a small company with a small budget it's not cost effective.
January 18, 2014

Recruiter's insight

Jobvite is being used as the applicant tracking system at Enphase energy. We use this to open positions, manage the entire applicant process through the hire stage. This is used by HR and also hiring managers with open positions.
  • Ability to have a clear view to new applicants. When you log in it will sort the resumes with the stage that they are in. The new applicants are highlighted and in their own column.
  • Easy of use: simple recruiting workflow and the ability to move candidates though each process with one click.
  • Compared to other ATS products, Jobvite is easy to navigate through each screen and get to the information needed with ease.
  • The Data is in a font/format that is easy to read as we spned many hours looking at resumes this is very important.
  • Perhaps some improvement around being able to do Boolean searches within the tool.
I would ask about what product this will connect to as far as HRIS system used at a company such as Workday, SAP etc.
January 17, 2014

Jobvite is OK

It is being used as an applicant tracking system by the entire organization.
  • Easy to edit information and customize
  • single sign on
  • web based, mobile
  • Customer service issues have to be dealt with in a queue style forum
  • Customer service is almost non-existant
  • very hard to share a job outside of the jobvite ecosystem. Can't just copy and paste a link from the career site
If you have nothing at all then Jobvite is way better than spreadsheets and emails
If you have a lot of people involved in the hiring process then Jobvite is good because it's easy to log into from anywhere (including mobile devices)
If you are a large organization that is going to use your ATS a lot, then go with a better system. Jobvite has way too many bugs still and no one to address them.
January 22, 2014

Jobvite-thumbs down

We use jobvite as our main ATS. We use the product throughout the organization, to approve reqs, to view candidates, to track information and to communicate with candidates. Jobvite isn't consistent-emails don't always go through, some of the features are not intuitive at all so this causes you to miss steps if you are not trained on the system. This tool is not great to source candidates in the database-unable to source candidates with keywords, or boolean. Overall, its an ok tool to house resumes but not a great tool to actually source within our own database of resume. I believe the reporting function isn't robust.
  • cant recommend jobvite
  • its a decent tool for resume database
  • not intuitive-for example, when a job is filled, there is a little button all the way at the bottom that most people would probably miss
  • if i have a candidate that does not fill a specific req i can submit them, however they fall into a general application, and unless I remember the name of the person its almost useless to put them into jobvite without attaching them to a specific req because you will not be able to find them again, unless you remember their name
  • cant source on jobvite. I should be able to source within my own database.
I do not recommend as a robust sourcing tool. It is good for basic needs.
November 12, 2012

Great, very easy-to-use tracking tool.

• Versatility. Very user-friendly and the fact that the whole company can help. We love referrals and if we can use our people to find more like them, that’s a good thing.
  • Very easy to post jobs using social networks. Our process is: Manager gives us a job requisition. We route for approval. Once approved, we post to multiple sites externally (including social channels). Since all employees are uploaded into JV system, new positions are also pushed to employees (we offer referral bonuses). You can set profile so that system automatically sends jobvites to twitter FB, or just individually through email. If I send a JV to my network, and it starts to spread virally, it can always be linked back to me as the originator and I get the referral. The site is also open to outside recruiters.
  • Automation: Set and forget functionality means that jobs are automatically posted to LinkedIn and Facebook etc.
  • Great tracking tool. We can see a vast array of metrics like how someone applied (which source), how long positions take to fill, etc.
  • Automatic candidate tracking and matching. If someone has applied for one position and was not hired, they remain in our database for automatic matching to future reqs.
  • Customization:
  • The system is very easy to customize and configure. I can ask it to copy me on any messages that hiring managers send to candidates. The system can be configured so that candidates are notified automatically if a job that matches their skills becomes open.
  • Single sign-on. Social media passwords are stored in JV so that I can automatically link to social media channels without having to log-in.
  • I can post 20 jobs per day to social media channels with multiple customization options.
  • There are some data presentation issues. For example, our CFO struggles to see what reqs he needs to approve. He cannot see in a simple list what items need immediate action. If he loses an email and goes into the systems he cannot easily see what’s been approved or not approved. We have entered an enhancement request on this.
  • Online training
• Very responsive and helpful
• You can rate the level of need. If it’s critical, they are right on it.
• The user interface is well designed; however user error can lead to some confusion. For example, Sometimes I can’t find specific candidates because my filters have been set a certain way. If filters are not set correctly, it can be hard to find the right data (e.g. is a requisition still open or filled). Other than that, it’s very straightforward. Most features are great and easy to use.
• I don’t utilize all features. For example, message board. I find this particular feature a bit overwhelming. There is so much data on a single screen, that it’s hard to take in and prioritize. I think this screen could be organized a little better so that action items are more clearly visible and action priority is clearer.
October 19, 2012

Great system for tracking candidate funnel.

• Been happy with the implementation and what it’s been able to do for us.
  • Fairly easy to implement.
  • They were easy to work with.
  • The workflow was good. Good UI.
  • More relevant than some of the older systems.
  • Social media features – though I have not seen a change in percentage of referrals as a result.
  • It doesn’t filter very well. It gives rating on how well an applicant fits job spec, but didn’t filter in very intelligent way. It's mostly on location and pay requirement, but not on really important stuff like have they done this job before. It's not very smart. Maybe based upon how we set it up.
At the end, feature set and usability drove our decision. They were cutting edge at the time and very interested in what people wanted.
I haven’t used support, however, my overall impression from my team is that it’s pretty good. Our general impression that JobVite is easy to work with.
It’s easy to figure out.

Job Requisition Management (33)
Company Website Posting (7)
Publish to Social Media (35)
Job Search Site Posting (33)
Customized Application Form (33)
Resume Management (34)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (31)
Candidate Search (36)
Applicant Tracking (35)
Collaboration (31)
Task Creation and Delegation (24)
Email Templates (33)
User Permissions (33)
6.7
Notifications and Alerts (33)
Reporting (32)

About Jobvite

The vendor presents Jobvite as a comprehensive talent acquisition-focused suite supporting a marketing-inspired recruiting approach by intelligently attracting dream candidates, automatically screening for the highest quality, engaging employees invested in their futures, and retaining the people who care the most about the organization by combining the power of data and the human touch. Focused exclusively on recruiting software since 2006 and headquartered in San Mateo, Jobvite boasts thousands of customers including Schneider Electric, Premise Health, Zappos, and Hulu.