Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Reviews

December 27, 2020
Martha Catarine Nielsen Cox | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a very demanding user and I always want everything to work according to my plans, Oracle makes sure that my work can obtain results without surprises, it is a widely used tool for multichannel marketing with the main objective of inviting many more clients, I count on A great work team to meet the objective of increasing the productivity of social media marketing and in general with Oracle Eloqua and its A / B tests, everything is achieved without problems.
My department was able to greatly simplify digital marketing with Oracle Eloqua and other Oracle products. The complexity in some business processes is just a bad memory and I can still be convinced that my work is more fluid and uncomplicated. The agility of our business processes is very impressive, we are a successful team thanks to Oracle products and we know that we can continue to drive all marketing campaigns with these products.
  • My Oracle multichannel marketing strategy has significantly increased productivity and customers.
  • Oracle simplifies business processes dedicated to digital marketing with its tools.
  • Eloqua displays all performance reports with specific details.
  • I have a strong marketing strategy that has paid off with high-performance business processes because I have come to understand that many Oracle features need to be used for our campaign performance to achieve the highest productivity.
  • Scalability is perfect if your team can use most of Oracle's tools to minimize losses.
  • Day by day I continue to use Oracle and I am convinced that it is a necessary product for all my campaigns.
Oracle has a variety of excellent modules that are very productive and my 10-point score is based on my confidence in recommending Oracle to all my colleagues. Every day I use Oracle and my direct experience gives me the security to recommend it for large and small implementations thanks to the fact that we are achieving absolutely all the goals. I express myself positively about Oracle every time I am talking to my colleagues without breaking a sweat for a second.
Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) can be implemented in a few hours in different departments depending on their characteristics and the number of users. The positive momentum is all business processes are scaling at a very favorable rate in terms of revenue. Eloqua is a good example of Oracle scalability for all multichannel campaigns.
Read Martha Catarine Nielsen Cox's full review
December 23, 2020
Madison Sophia Bennett | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have achieved all of our multi-channel marketing goals, managed to manage social media, successfully complete all campaigns, email automations, and everything related to marketing with the tremendous help of Oracle. There is a large number of functions in Oracle Eloqua that, I have not used yet, there are many functions that are sometimes not possible to execute them all, in general my experience with Oracle is very satisfactory. The entire marketing team works with Oracle products to handle large volumes of data and they always create reports to see the results and to know the benefits and failures. Oracle is vital to the business and our marketing aspirations. There are only three departments that have the responsibility of executing specific campaigns with Oracle, they work together in constant communication to achieve success.
  • Many functions in a single product help us to have a wide production and know what is the best marketing strategy.
  • Robust and precise automation with emails.
  • Reliable and robust management of social networks.
  • Personalization allows changes to marketing campaigns independently.
  • The wide variety of functions are a great advantage, but they can also cause a headache because it is very complex to execute them all.
  • My experience with Oracle is extensive and I have always achieved all my goals with their products and my opinion is very positive thanks to the fact that I consider there are no serious flaws.
  • I have not experienced any difficulties running the campaigns with Oracle and I think there are no negatives.
Success in marketing campaigns is only possible with teamwork and with products like Oracle [CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud)], I believe that we have everything to achieve success in each of the campaigns thanks to the fact that we have a wide variety of deaths for the administration of social networks , B2B campaigns, handling of large volumes of data, generation of reports in each campaign, email automations and in general many things that allow teamwork.
My scalability rating is maximum, I rely exclusively on my direct experience to give this rating. We are always advancing new campaigns with the help of three departments that are the basis of the success in the development of all campaigns. These Oracle products always meet all direct business expectations.
Read Madison Sophia Bennett's full review
December 09, 2020
Karan Nanda | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is only being used by the marketing department and helps us in automating our marketing strategies and increasing sales lead generation.
  • The platform is user friendly and [easy to become] accustomed with.
  • It provides seamless integration with different CRM Systems.
  • It has features such as lead nurturing, dynamic content, email builder.
  • The sync time between the platform and CRM can be slow at times.
  • The price is expensive as compared to other similar platforms.
  • Lack of integrations with PPC platforms such as Google Ads.
It is mainly suited for organizations that want to automate their marketing strategies and focus on lead nurturing. It also offers a range of features such as progressive profiling, web form and landing page creation and can easily sync with CRM systems. It is not so suitable for organizations that just want to send one to one emails as it would not allow them to fully utilize the platform.
Using the platform has helped us in targeting our marketing strategies to cater the intended audience and also offer personalized messaging for greater impact and high probability of lead conversion. The seamless sync between the platform and CRM system allows leads to flow smoothly so that sales can effectively follow up with them and have meaningful conversations.
Read Karan Nanda's full review
December 11, 2020
Nitika Dhingra | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) to acquire and nurture our B2B leads. We are using Eloqua for our marketing automation. We have integrated it with SalesForce (CRM)
  • Built-in integration between Eloqua and SalesForce
  • Tableau for reporting
  • Integration with sales cloud or other CRM systems is a great feature
  • Excellent lead scoring abilities. You can create custom models using weight-ages
  • Simple and easy-to-learn user experience to build campaigns, launch them, and monitor them
  • Reporting and dashboarding capabilities can improved; now they are shallow and difficult to use
  • Sometimes we face hurdles in using email designer
  • Data export capabilities are limited; not everything can be exported
  • APIs to export data REST mechanism are confusing
Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Eloqua is a best of class platform for B2B and B2C email marketing and lead nurturing. It allows the creation of custom objects to adapt to your business needs. Further it is device agnostic and cloud based.
Eloqua is truly an enterprise-grade cloud marketing platform It is versatile, feature rich and hence complex but at the same time, powerful and scalable. For instance, it has granular security access control at contact level (but it can be a lot of work to use).
Read Nitika Dhingra's full review
Ke Zheng | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Eloqua for our marketing automation. It's used across the whole organization. It is used to acquire and nurture leads, and integrate with Salesforce.
  • Automate event registration process
  • Utilize third party connectors like ReadyTalk for the complete webinar process
  • Dig into our prospects with offers and track the entire process of lead conversion
  • User friendly interface, which can be easily picked up without deep technological skills.
  • Many features that are powerful for lead nurturing like dynamic content, custom object, segmentation
  • CRM integration is seamless, which is very important to our organization. This integration mapping is also easy to audit.
  • Tracking on user activities such modifications to programs and campaigns
  • Bulk-creation in dynamic content setup
  • More date tools that can be used for Segments
  1. What training programs are available to get new users up to speed?
  2. How emergency situations are handled like system crashed?
  3. How feature roadmap is introduced, tested and implemented?
  4. How responsive the vendor is responding to service/issue request, as well as the wish-list?
  5. Are the basic features of marketing automation exist: email, landing page, form, program, segmentation, and integration?
Read Ke Zheng's full review
December 12, 2020
Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) is being used by our marketing department to automate our marketing operations and strategies. It helps us to execute our email marketing and lead nurturing processes while integrating with our SalesForce CRM for effective lead management.
  • It has an amazing A/B testing mechanism, which helps to test different assets
  • It provides features such as dynamic content and progressive profiling for personalization
  • Easy creation of landing pages and web forms
  • The platform can be a bit confusing; the same is true of the process for setting up segments
  • The platform is expensive as compared to similar products that offer similar features
  • Customization is difficult after a process has been automatically scheduled
Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) is well suited for an organization that wants to practice lead nurturing and automate their marketing efforts while saving on investments. Also it is effective mainly in organizations that have a technical marketing specialist in house to manage the platform as data and workflows, as they can be complicated. Organizations that just focus on one-to-one email sends would not be able to fully utilize the platform, especially considering the high cost of the tool.
The platform is powerful and offers the ability to scale marketing efforts if handled correctly. The platform offers features such as dynamic content and progressive profiling that help to provide customer personalization and a better user experience across different channels. The Integration with Salesforce CRM allows us to seamlessly manage our lead flow, which helps sales in effectively nurturing leads.
December 10, 2020
The Movember global email and digital marketing department (approximately four people) uses Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) to build, manage and send email and push-notification campaigns throughout the year. We build supporter journeys using the campaign canvases for one-off campaigns as well as triggered campaigns. For push notifications, we use a Swrve to Eloqua integration.
  • Contact management
  • Extremely customizable to the campaigns you want to create
  • Covers a wide range of different kinds of campaigns
  • Load time for campaigns
  • Downtime for maintenance and warnings ahead of time
  • Speed of response for customer support tickets
  • Automatic error warnings when user may have clicked a wrong button
  • Ease of reporting via Eloqua Insights
For large companies managing huge databases of contacts, Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) seems appropriate for dedicated custom marketing campaign management. For smaller companies using several platforms or with smaller teams, it may make less sense as the system can be slow and is a lot to manage. It may make the most sense for e-commerce businesses with big sales goals.
Although I did have several points on a previous question on what it can do better, you really can't doubt that Oracle Eloqua is extremely scalable and flexible depending on the marketing campaign. I gave it a 9 because even though it is scalable, there is a large learning curve that may prevent organizations from using the product widely across multiple departments that may have less experience with similar platforms.
December 07, 2020
I've used Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) with several freelance clients who use it as their CRM for things such as (but not limited to) email marketing, marketing campaigns, and lead generation. Most of these clients have also integrated the tool with SalesForce for better data organization. Overall, it's helped my clients get things launched much faster and has some nice automation features when communicating with prospects.
  • WYSIWYG editor--Most of my clients do not feel comfortable working with any HTML, and this tool made it super easy for these types of users. They always pick it up really quickly and don't need much help with it.
  • Campaign Tracker--As a data nerd, I love the fact that there are so many different metrics that can be analyzed when running your campaigns. They make it very clear how areas of your marketing are performing, which ultimately makes it easier for people to understand what they are doing right and wrong.
  • Overall Community--You'll have an easy time getting up to speed if you're a new user. And the community is very receptive to folks who need help.
  • Best for enterprises, but I always find many SMBs that ask me about using their tool, but the hard truth is it would be too robust for their needs
  • They need to improve the way the tool looks. I'm a big HubSpot user and the difference in UI is night and day. It's too clunky is some areas.
Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) works well for enterprise-level companies who are looking for semi-robust integration between creating email campaigns, launching landing pages, and collection and structuring some data. The tool is fairly easy to use but could do with improving some of its reporting. I've always found it to be a little "skinny."
Scalability overall is decent, and much of the core API integrations are there, too. I would think Oracle Eloqua would be a good choice for those looking to achieve rapid growth while managing a lot of deep data sets. If anything, though, trying to migrate off of a tool like this would be quite challenging if it was used at an enterprise scale.
December 07, 2020
We used Eloqua to manage our internal and external communications, across the full life cycle of our student body (from recruitment through to Alumni engagement). The use of the platform was centralized in our Marketing department, with support from our Partners in IT. Prior to purchasing Eloqua, we used multiple decentralized systems and processes to execute our electronic communications which presented challenges in terms of consistent branding and messaging strategy.

Prior to Eloqua, we also did not have a mechanism that allowed us to score and prioritize leads for follow-up, which we were able to do after implementation to a good deal of success.
  • Execution of email campaigns.
  • Lead management and scoring.
  • Landing page management.
  • Customizable levels of access to the platform.
  • Security.
  • Template management.
  • Unintuitive interface.
  • Requires a good level of technical knowledge to leverage fully.
  • 3rd party implementations.
  • Expensive.
  • Lengthy onboarding process.
Eloqua is well-suited to large organizations that are able to dedicate multiple marketing resources towards the management of the platform. This is not a turn-key solution that one person can effectively manage and execute - we found that we required a technical marketing specialist to help with the data and workflows, which was complemented by a campaign specialist who ran the actual campaigns and execution.
The platform is powerful and has the potential to scale well, but be forewarned that this is not a simple undertaking. Eloqua is an enterprise-grade marketing automation platform, and with the power and scalability comes the inevitable complexity that's required to manage that scale. We found that we could segment data and user groups well given the native options, and have a roadmap plan to scale its use out to other groups within the organization.
December 04, 2020
Oracle Eloqua is being used by our marketing department for external email communications. We use it to send event invitations, email newsletters, notifications, etc. We recently purchased this product to replace another that we used for email communications, so we are still learning, but it has a lot of great functionality.
  • Email Creation
  • Email Campaign Creation
  • Analytics
  • Integration with D365
  • Template vs. Campaign Organization
Oracle Eloqua makes it easy to create email templates and save them for future use. I also like the way to create a campaign. There are only a few steps and it doesn't make it over complicated. The only thing I wish would improve is the integration to D365. Right now, if I want to send out an email, I have to export a list from D365 and import it into Oracle Eloqua to send my email. I don't know if its the version my company purchased or if that's just the way the program is. Overall, it is a great program, though.
Oracle Eloqua has made maintaining a branded look easier by having all of our materials/templates available for others to use when creating emails.
December 03, 2020
We use Eloqua for our company's marketing purposes. We sync it with Salesforce, so all the data we gather from an email campaign or any data collected from a landing page can be used by our sales team. We previously used to resell Eloqua to our clients, however we still offer Eloqua support to our clients.
  • The user-interface is probably their biggest strength. It's very clean and easy to navigate for marketers.
  • Eloqua is segmentation is powerful, you can segment users on so many different levels from contact data to how they interacted with an email or landing page.
  • Their training for the product is unparalleled. From full-day to two hour training courses, you learn with others who may ask questions that you never thought to ask. It's well worth it to go through some of the basic training.
  • In Eloqua 9 you had access to a folder structure on the left hand side of the screen when you were in emails or micro sites. This made it easy to switch between emails as well as see the folder structure you were currently in. In Eloqua 10 they did away with it and now in order to get back into the folder you have to leave the email you're working on.
I would suggest Eloqua to anyone that I felt needed to use 80% of their power. If someone is just looking to send emails, I'd recommend they use MailChimp. But if they are looking to utilize email automation and a program builder I'd be more likely to recommend Eloqua. If a company was looking to do email campaigns where they would take them to landing pages and submit web forms, collect data, and then use that data to nurture those people further, I would strongly recommend Eloqua. Not just because of the functionality, but because of the ease-of-use of the tool
December 03, 2020
Oracle Eloqua is currently being used as a CRM tool and an emailing tool within our organization. It is being used by marketing groups within each service line within the organization. The whole organization, globally, uses the same platform and database. The business problem Eloqua addresses is the need to communicate with our clients and potential clients.
  • Eloqua is fully integrated with other systems within our organization.
  • The platform is easy to use and manage.
  • Reviewing, editing, uploading, and deleting content is simple.
  • Eloqua can improve on the way it looks. The theme of Eloqua looks outdated.
  • Sometimes Eloqua runs very slow and has glitches.
Oracle Eloqua is a great tool for emailing clients. When trying to email a list of 5000+ contact, Eloqua does a great job managing and capturing all those emails, which ones were sent, which ones bounced back, click through rate, etc. It is a great tool to keep track of email performance, and gives us an idea of where we can improve on our email communications to our clients and subscribers.
In terms of scalability, I would give Oracle Eloqua a 9 out of 10 because the scalability of this tool is great. We use the same email platform throughout the whole organization globally, and the integration is seamless.
October 15, 2020
Oracle Eloqua is being used by our Marketing Department. It allows us to achieve targeted outreach, promotion, and updates at scale. Oracle supports our large database of contacts that other marketing automation platforms can't. Oracle's campaign canvas and segmentation tools are also very easy to use but allow for advanced orchestration.
  • Segmentation
  • Campaign orchestration
  • Scalability
  • UI for backend
  • Builder for shared content
  • Syncing volume
Oracle Eloqua is best suited for organizations that have advanced email campaign requirements with dividing paths based on behaviors or audience. Their campaign canvas is probably the best in the industry for visualizing and understanding complex campaign orchestration. Eloqua would not be suited for smaller companies or for companies that have no technical resources.
We have expanded our database by 4x since our initial deployment. We have experienced minimal growing pains other than needing to expand our contract to accommodate the larger database. Adding additional users is also straightforward.
December 03, 2020
Oracle Eloqua is used by the Marketing department and by club representatives as a means of email creation. It allows for easy creation of emails by users who may not have a strong design background or any exposure to coding.
  • Ease of design. Anyone with little to no exposure to digital design can fairly easily figure out how to put together an email using the responsive templates provided.
  • The new responsive templates are a great addition, but could use more flexibility for those with more advanced design backgrounds.
Oracle Eloqua is great for non-design-oriented people because it is very user-friendly. It is a little more challenging for those who have design backgrounds because the responsive templates are exactly what they say they are - templates. Overall, our company has found it to be a very successful solution to our email creation needs.
May 01, 2020
Glen Kimmel Leblanc | TrustRadius Reviewer
Oracle Responsys allows us to solve different data collection problems, we can create personalized campaigns without much effort. In addition, Responsys gives us the possibility of creating large complex automations. We have configured our CRM to automatically add all the contacts. It is currently being used in different departments and I really like the tools it has with Eloqua.
  • We managed to efficiently automate campaigns with Responsys and its complex automations.
  • The configuration with our CRM is optimal.
  • We can solve our data collection problems.
  • It has very useful tools with Eloqua.
  • The interface leaves a lot to be desired and can be very complex.
  • Push messaging generates very annoying errors.
  • It generally has long charging times.
For data collection, personalized campaigns and for the configuration with our CRM we have noticed that once we manage to configure everything in Responsys, good results can be achieved. But the interface is complex and can turn out to be very problematic and push messaging generates errors. I hope they can improve some aspects, specifically the interface.
Not yet, but I'm interested in Oracle user groups
Read Glen Kimmel Leblanc's full review
April 29, 2020
Savana Stella | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have solved inefficient campaign and program issues thanks to Oracle Eloqua. In addition, we have supported marketing activities and improved communication with our clients. We managed to connect Oracle Eloqua with Salesforce as CRM and we have become much more efficient. We are still working to improve our entire work environment, but we are on the right track.
  • You can connect to Oracle Eloqua with Salesforce as CRM.
  • I can support marketing activities.
  • Improve communication with all customers.
  • Toolbox functionality needs improvement.
  • Documentation is poor and detailed information is lacking.
I specifically like the ease of connecting with Salesforce as CRM and being able to support marketing activities. On the negative side, the Toolbox functions and documentation should improve.
The level of scalability since the arrival of Eloqua is very high, mainly considering the positive results with the marketing activities that we are developing, I consider that it is very scalable and we can develop new strategies thanks to Eloqua. Furthermore, I consider that we have improved significantly and believe that we can continue innovating.
Not yet, but I'm interested in Oracle user groups
Read Savana Stella's full review
March 04, 2020
Responsys is used across all brands to deploy and manage email and SMS campaigns. It houses messages ranging from acquisition to portfolio management. Additionally, it also houses many of the operational messages we send week to week.

Responsys solves many of the issues around segmentation and customized touch points. It has easily accessible data and the tools to use this data to create unique sends to distinct groups.
  • Segmentation.
  • Program creation.
  • Dynamic email creation.
  • Clarity of associations within emails (data tables, programs, content, etc.).
  • Launch timing flexibility.
  • Automatic data upload timing flexibility.
Responsys is well-suited for a company with layers of complex data that can be distilled into individual email campaigns or programs. It also may be overkill for a company that does not have a deep data architecture set up. There are many features that, in that case, would likely go unused.
February 13, 2020
I am envious of everyone who writes great reviews. I have been working with Eloqua for two years. I am in a small department carrying out many tradeshow email campaigns as well as product launches and press releases. We don't use Oracle to integrate with our CRM (so happy about that). I have used HubSpot and was a happy marketer at my previous job. Eloqua education was a technical fail, and working in the Eloqua app averages downtime every single day. Campaigns have failed to fire, and support is so hard to find. I have managed to adapt and work with what I have, and I feel very limited in the email campaign editor options. I can do custom HTML, but even this is so hard to do with the app. The interface is getting better but has a VERY long way to go before it approaches the user-friendliness and usability of other marketing automation tools. I don't have the decision-making authority to go back to HubSpot. We're frustrated, but want to be happy using Eloqua!
  • Campaign canvas layout
  • Usability
  • Functionality
I would not suggest using Oracle Eloqua for any scenario. Use HubSpot if you have enterprise needs, and if not, use Mailchimp or other automation tools for your emails because they are very functional, user-friendly, and offer more options to do more effective campaigns. Eloqua seems to cause problems for my team every day. Sometimes the problems are damaging.
Scalability is not a concern with my team, however, I doubt this is an issue with Eloqua.
September 17, 2019
Sibyl Ma | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Oracle Eloqua to create marketing campaigns to send our B2B clients marketing emails. Multiple departments at our company use Eloqua globally to serve their digital marketing purposes. We integrate Eloqua with Salesforce to allow our account executives to view our clients' digital journey and to allow them to follow up with the potential clients to complete the buying cycle.
  • Oracle Eloqua has powerful functions and features that allow our campaign designers to implement the campaign flows the way we need to achieve our complex business processes.
  • Oracle Eloqua provides lots of integration points with other B2B products, such as CVENT, Linkedin, ON24, Salesforce, etc. Once the integrations are connected, the data flows directly and systematically between multiple systems. It eliminates a lot of manual process and human errors.
  • Oracle Eloqua also provides rich reporting capabilities for marketers to view their campaign performance.
  • Some people found it hard to get started using the tool as it does take a bit of training to get used to.
  • It's not cheap.
  • Some people don't like the user interface.
Oracle Eloqua is well suited for our B2B marketing functions as we need a lot of integration points to other B2B products in the market to fulfill our full customer journey. Oracle Eloqua is less appropriate for B2C marketing as it can become very expensive when the number of accounts grows.
Oracle Eloqua scales well for us when we use it globally for multiple marketing functions. It delivers email messages properly and reaches customers' inbox as expected. Customers are able to view the emails on their computers, phones, and tablets without any problems. So far we don't have a problem with scalability even though the number of accounts keeps growing.
Read Sibyl Ma's full review
September 16, 2019
Courtnee Tomsic | TrustRadius Reviewer
Eloqua is currently being used by multiple business segments across Optum. The vast majority is marketing to B2B client segments and lead generation (multiple instances based on US vs EU) for segmenting, tracking, scoring and then sending to Salesforce for sales team followup. We also have a smaller B2C instance of Eloqua we use for a section of OptumCare for communications.
  • Detailed segmentation using contact attributes, account attributes, or custom data object attributes.
  • High level of integration with other systems via apps or custom-built integrations using the Eloqua API.
  • Detailed contact scoring based on activities, fit, custom objects, or account info.
  • Multiple CRM integrations - Eloqua works VERY will with singular integrations with a CRM system, but has trouble when integrating with multiple CRM systems simultaneously.
  • Making social sign-on and progressive profiling available using Eloqua forms outside of Eloqua landing pages, so we can get those features on Eloqua forms that we put on company pages built outside of Eloqua.
  • Easy contact transfers between Eloqua instances. This would greatly improve the usability when we need to have contacts transfer instances for legal reasons (separating out our GDPR contacts to our EU instance for example) or for transferring contacts from production to the sandbox environment for testing purposes.
Eloqua is a wonderful tool if you need a large scale marketing automation platform and have a team with the skill, size, and knowledgebase to implement it properly. It is worth its value if you are using all of the tools/advantages it provides. This really can only be done if you have the resources for multiple power level users as well as at least one full-time administrator. It would not be appropriate for a company who is implementing smaller-scale campaigns/efforts (just "batch and blast").
I believe it can scale up very well, but would not be great at scaling down. It's easy to 'add on' but harder to 'take off'.
Yes - Utah Eloqua User Group - we meet several times a year and are able to share successes, talk about new releases and features, and also provide networking for those using the product.
Read Courtnee Tomsic's full review
September 17, 2019
Our instance of Eloqua is used in our Marketing Operations department for purposes of launching campaigns, programs and automating marketing processes. We are very advanced with our use of data with Eloqua since our industry is a bit different than the standard B2B use cases. It helps us produce and launch high touch campaigns faster and with really advanced segmentation and data logic. It also helps give us a more holistic 360 view of our members behavior, interests and marketing efforts. It also allows us to build on-going programs that helops us to keep the pressure on the market and get our brand visible. We use the reporting and integrations piece with SFDC (which is not our CRM) but helps us close the loop more visually.
  • Drag and Drop Campaign and Program building - Makes it visually easy to follow but allows you to do complex logic and workflows if needed.
  • Continuous expansion of interoperability with other apps, including ones you can build or are pre-built. You can control the scalability and enhanced functionality within Marketing without having to go to IT or a programmer to get it. This allowed us to implement SMS messaging.
  • Design Capabilities are progressive and responsive. This makes it easier for us to design on the fly or make changes without having to have a designer code every time.
  • Outlook Plug-in - So glad they brought this back. It's an amazing tool to help control branding standards throughout the organization and rouge emails sent externally outside of Eloqua. You can have salespeople, agents, etc. that send out personal emails but you want to be able to ensure consistency in messaging and design and be able to track those external activities.
  • Integration options outside of auto-syncs. I am currently having an issue trying to find an adapter to use with Eloqua to API into our data warehouse but keep the functionality on the Eloqua side.
  • To provide more transparency and visual details of the syncs (integrations of outside data) from any other system that is feeding Eloqua, like what is being updated or changed, better explanations of errors, drill down to newly created records.
  • Custom Objects - Need to have a way to create CDOs outside of just form submissions and uploading of lists, like if you needed to import a file nightly to feed that CDO data but automate the import and make sure it maps to a contact record.
  • Import of data from a file on SFTP - There is no way to filter or create logic to control what is being fed into Eloqua. Currently, that manipulation has to be done by the IT side first. Less flexibility.
  • Better auditing capabilities within the canvas. meaning, sometimes if something is changed or not working the problem may not necessarily show up in immediately, the pattern could take a while to present itself. For example, the feeders into the program. If there is a problem, I don't know that maybe contacts are not entering the program until we do reporting that month and realize there was a lull of contacts going through. Then we have a whole month of missed records or other potential data issues. When you get do large and your Eloqua machine is very robust, the harder it is to see everything
  • Be able to add more than 250 custom contact records. That definitely inhibits my organization in how we need to use that record.
Eloqua is great for mid-large sized organizations that are very technically savvy and understand automation. Eloqua has a lot of functionality that is untapped or used to its full potential. It has a lot of opportunities to optimize current campaigns and programs. For us, it's not well suited for the financial/banking industry. There is not householding type logic since email is the unique key and households can use the same email address more than once, but we don't necessarily want to see the secondary members.
Eloqua is very scalable with its campaign, web and program functionality, including its ability to integrate with other large software like Adobe, Salesforce, Twilio, etc. Eloqua allows the ability to get more advanced and build ontop of its existing functionality.
Yes - Eloqua User Group in Utah - I actually do not get much value out of these as they are geared more for newcomers or those still learning. For advanced users that are more technical, it isn't much help.
December 05, 2019
We are using Oracle BlueKai platform in our marketing department. Since it is our main analytics platform we are using it to personalize all of our marketing campaigns with more accurate information for targeted audiences. It allows us to ensure relevancy in the ads appearing for customers of our products, but also for potential customers browsing our websites.
  • Really well facilitated cookie-based interest based advertising.
  • Can process huge volumes of data.
  • Provides high quality metrics about your customers for campaign optimization.
  • Might be seen as an invasion of privacy.
  • Does not support the usage of any custom algorithms to dig deeper into insights.
Based on our experience Oracle BlueKai is a great solution if third-party integration is needed. It also works very well if your goal is to understand your audience composition grouped by device and/or operating system. May not be suitable for smaller businesses with a small or medium amount of data, since it is quite an expensive solution.
October 02, 2019
Oracle Eloqua is solely being used by our demand generation, sales, and marketing teams. We are using Oracle Eloqua to manage marketing campaigns, sales lead generation, and sending marketing emails to increase the number of conversions of potential customers. In addition to just sending marketing emails, we are also using Oracle Eloqua to track whether or not a customer has opened the email, and their activity on our main website.
  • Unrivaled integration with WeChat. Many of our customers are based in China, so built-in integration with WeChat has really helped us.
  • Abundance of integrations. Based on past experience, Oracle Eloqua offers more integrations than any other marketing automation software.
  • HyperSite Builder is simple and easy to use, allowing us to create customizable sites based on each customer.
  • Harsh pricing and contract. Oracle Eloqua isn't accessible to businesses of all sizes, and the long-term contract requirement makes Oracle Eloqua a burden on the company's budget.
  • Lack of integrations with Google Adwords. We have yet to see this feature be added to Eloqua.
  • Implementation takes a long time. Due to the number of features that are available, it took 4-5 months for us to fully integrate Eloqua into our workflow.
Oracle Eloqua really only makes sense if your organization is going to use the unique integrations that its other competitors don't offer. It is priced higher than most of its competitors in the market, so it may only be a plausible solution for large companies. Transitioning marketing platforms will also be a burden as configuring Eloqua tends to be a lengthy process. If you need to use Eloqua-specific features and don't currently have a complex workflow to convert from (and if your budget allows it), then Eloqua is well-suited for you.
Ever since we migrated over to Oracle Eloqua, we have had no problems in trying to personalize marketing at scale. Scaling settings are now being automatically set based on the workload we throw at it, and we haven't had any downtime or delays in our email marketing campaigns. Oracle Eloqua has taken the burden of configuring scaling off of our marketing teams, enhancing their productivity.
October 04, 2019
We are using the CX tool and have seen it help our support of our dealer network. We use it to publish our tech documents to the dealer network as well as call center software for dealers and customers.

We use this for our customer satisfaction center and our technical support center.
  • Connects to other internal programs
  • Connects information internally seamlessly
  • Cannot attach photos to our Answers we publish
  • Connection to video/animation library very easily
  • Better Mobile App Platform
Call center software, it handles this very well. I would like to see it better adapt to more video/animation delivery of information via mobile devices.
September 19, 2019
We use Oracle Eloqua extensively to send out marketing communications in our company. It helps us a lot with segmentation.
  • Simplicity
  • Performance
  • Scalability
  • More control of our own database or data
  • More analytical support
It's a great email tool and I highly recommend it. We use it for sending emails, managing lists, segmentation, and reporting. Reporting is good but would like it to be more robust. Would like access to the data without an API.
We have been testing the limits and it has been doing very well. With 105 million records and counting, it's still working!
Not yet, but I'm interested in Oracle user groups - Marketing groups would be good for me.

WYSIWYG email editor (110)
Dynamic content (113)
Ability to test dynamic content (109)
Landing pages (117)
A/B testing (111)
Mobile optimization (105)
Email deliverability reporting (233)
List management (118)
Triggered drip sequences (102)
Lead nurturing (104)
Lead scoring and grading (98)
Data quality management (102)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (84)
Calendaring (87)
Event/webinar marketing (92)
Social sharing and campaigns (63)
Social profile integration (59)
Dashboards (114)
Standard reports (112)
Custom reports (106)
API (97)
Role-based workflow & approvals (82)
Customizability (102)
Integration with Salesforce.com (81)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (41)
Integration with SugarCRM (31)

What is Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud)?

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) is a suite of digital marketing solutions that help B2B & B2C marketers use real-time intelligence & customer signals to deliver personalized experiences. Products include:

• Oracle Eloqua: Marketing automation to create & execute brilliant B2B campaigns
  • Oracle Responsys: Cross-channel customer experience orchestration for B2C marketers, enabling them to deliver value to every individual
  • Oracle Maxymiser: Customer journey optimization across websites & mobile apps through testing, personalization, recommendations, & insights
  • Oracle Infinity: Behavioral intelligence streaming & real-time decision making for applications, at scale
  • Oracle CX Audience: Precise targeting & audience analytics to drive engagement and marketing ROI
  • Oracle CrowdTwist: Personalized loyalty & reward programs to grow brand value, purchase frequency, and customer relationships
  • Oracle CX Content: Personalized, scalable content creation powered by AI for consistent experiences across apps & channels
  • Oracle Unity: Single, dynamic view of the customer through unified online, offline, & third-party data
  • Oracle DataFox: Verified company data & real-time signals to drive personalized marketing

These tools help marketers unify customer data, deliver relevant experiences at scale & in real time, and easily execute sophisticated cross-channel marketing to accelerate business growth & brand loyalty.

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Features

Email & Online Marketing Features

Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences

Lead Management Features

Has featureLead nurturing
Has featureLead scoring and grading
Has featureData quality management
Has featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks

Campaign Management Features

Has featureCalendaring
Has featureEvent/webinar marketing

Social Media Marketing Features

Has featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Has featureSocial profile integration

Has featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Has featureIntegration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Has featureIntegration with SugarCRM

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Screenshots

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Videos (2)

Watch Oracle CX Marketing for B2B

Watch Oracle CX Marketing for B2C

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Downloadables

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Integrations

Salesforce.com, Insightpool Social Selling Platform, Oracle CRM On Demand, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud), Oracle Marketing App Cloud, Verticurl, DemandGen, MarketOne

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Competitors

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Pricing

Starting Price: $2,000

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Optional

CX Marketing pricing is a function of usage.

Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud) Support Options