A Trusted Advisor in Talent Development Thought Leadership (with good software to boot)
Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
- CSOD provides an intuitive user interface which aids in its adoption by our varied audiences.
- CSOD provides phenomenal administrator support in the form of both functionality and advice in the area of learning technology and talent development.
- CSOD provides class leading reporting capability with new features added on a quarterly basis.
- The loading of historical data during implementation could've gone smoother. I would recommend other customers lean on the out of the box upload tools and not on CSOD's implementation consultants when migrating historical data.
- While CSOD's certification module is powerful, the interface can be a bit cumbersome (click heavy) for end users.
- While CSOD offers several avenues for customer support, learning how to escalate pressing issues in an effective manner requires a learning curve on the part of the customer. I would recommend eliciting the advice of other customers.
- Cornerstone OnDemand's robust reporting features has allowed us to provide senior management with robust operational metrics around our talent development initiatives for the first times. Reports are straightforward to build and the resulting data is used to populate a broader HR scorebook.
- CSOD has made it easier for our employees and partners to find critical training due to its modern search facilities.
- CSOD has enabled us to automate the enrollment e of several mandatory training initiatives, effectively eliminating hours of tedious manual work by members of our talent development staff
Cornerstone OnDemand Feature Ratings
Using Cornerstone OnDemand
Most of our in-house support staff provide support as a smaller portion of their overall responsibilities. We have five individuals whose responsibilities in the system are divided along these lines:
1) Lead Administrator/Governance Lead - Tasked with overall system configuration, governance, and testing support during quarterly releases. Also responsible for maintaining the relationship with Cornerstone support staff
2) Internal Training Coordinator (x2) - Tasked with tactical administration including entry of classes, rosters, simple reporting etc.
3) Dealer Network Training Coordinator (x2) - Tasked with system administration supporting our respective dealership networks
- Searching for and enrolling/launching pertinent training
- Reporting on training completions
- Auto-enrolling specific populations in prescribed training with automated email messaging
- We utilize Cornerstone's Interest Tracking feature to gauge learner demand and schedule additional classroom sessions once a "critical mass" of team member interest has been reached
- We utilize Cornerstone's Express Class feature to provide ad hoc training of standard classroom offerings on a one-off basis to our shop floor personnel who need to acquire a skill to continue their work safely while on the job
- We utilize Cornerstone's Connect features to store frequently used resources for our facilitator audience within the organization
- We hope to take advantage of the Learning Reporter browser plug-in to track learner interaction with continuous learning resources outside the system. Through the Learner Record Store we can mine this data for content that can be curated for specific audiences.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Searching for relevant training
- Deep linking to a specific learning object in the system
- Auto enrolling groups of users in a specific training
- The certification module can be very cumbersome to set up and accessing learning objects within it requires too many clicks. Cornerstone is aware of this and is working on redesigning this module
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports