Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Course catalog or library (164)
Learning administration (163)
Learning reporting & analytics (162)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cornerstone OnDemand, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Cornerstone powers the future ready workforce, with HR software and solutions designed to unite people, teams, technology and business, and inspire a work environment of growth, agility and success for all. With an AI-powered and skills-forward system designed for the contemporary workforce, Cornerstone helps organizations modernize the learning and development experience, deliver the most relevant content from anywhere, accelerate talent and career mobility, and establish skills as the universal language of growth and success across the business. Cornerstone serves over 6,000 customers and 75M users and is available in 180 countries and 50 languages.
- Learning & Development: Support learners' skills with learning management software.
Recruiting & Onboarding: Fill job reqs faster with an engaging candidate experience and a streamlined recruiting and onboarding process.
Performance Management: Build a high-performing culture that motivates people to meet their potential.
Engagement Surveys: Measure the business impact of talent programs and gain a clear picture of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Extended Enterprise: Expand learning to audiences that are critical to the organization, like partners or customers.
Core HR: Consolidate and uncomplicate HR processes into one place to better support, reward, and engage people.
Workforce Planning: Maximize workforce efficiency through thoughtful planning and a collaborative, data-driven approach.
Analytics & Reporting: Make better, more informed talent decisions with predictive analytics and visualizations.
Integration & APIs: Connect to a broader ecosystem to move data where it has its greatest impact.
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Compliance tracking and reporting
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Subordinate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Non-hierarchical goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Plan weighting
- Supported: Manager note taking
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Rater nominations
- Supported: Rater nomination workflow
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Workflow restrictions
- Supported: Review transfer
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Employee profiles
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate add
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Customized Application Form
- Supported: Resume Management
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Candidate Search
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Collaboration
- Supported: Task Creation and Delegation
- Supported: Email Templates
- Supported: User Permissions
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Compliance management
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: Live online learning
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: eCommerce
- Supported: AICC-compliant
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
- Supported: Social learning
- Supported: Airtight integration across modules - from recruiting to learning to performance
- Supported: Machine learning and predictive analytics to get actionable information from your talent data
- Big Think Edge
- CIC Plus
- First Advantage
- SterlingOne (TalentWise)
- Workplace from Meta
- ADP Workforce Now
- Linkedin Recruiter
- A-Check Global
- Aktive Reply
- American Heart Association
- Biz Library
- Choice Screening
- JJ Keller
- Phenom People
- Talent +
- Tax Credit Co
- Ultimate Software
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||50 languages|
- Dynamic learning assignments
- Curricula versioning
- Advanced reporting
- Review Management with competencies or goals incorporated in the process.
- Competency Building
- ILT session copying
- Test editing
- Certifications in general
- configure workflows (recruiting, develop...)
- competencies bank and models
- some changes in tasks launched are difficult to change
- Some of the back end features are a bit cumbersome. I think for me working with different technology I had a lot of assumptions about how things should function. Cornerstone seems to do things a bit differently, so you need to unlearn what you know. Dont try to make things work how they worked in other systems you have used. That was my biggest takeaway.
- Reporting is so robust that it can be overwhelming
- Using the evaluation function
- Emailing folks who are on an interest list
- Recruiting configuration
- Forms configuration
- Core configuration
- Security roles and permission
- Group management (limited criteria)
- Training plan functions are very rigid and outdated
- Curricula versioning
- Groups could be optimized by allowing for groups within groups
- The Observation Checklist functionality could be more mobile friendly
- Reversioning content could be a little more customized per business need
- Reporting on Observation Checklist completion by manager.
- Assignment of Performance Tasks.
- Custom reporting.
- HTML for Customization
- Email settings are vast and flexible. Almost too vast.
- Template management
- Job descriptions
- Administration of Cornerstone and configuration
- Email notifications are not logical or intuitive.
- We are not able to do some basic admin functions and have to go through CSODs support.
- Initial product rollout but that is probably consistent with most major products
- From the administrator perspective, doing some things in mass can be difficult and very click intensive.
- In some admin screens, doing a search then going back to the same screen, you lose your filters and have to re-filter.
- Sharing reports is not user friendly.
- The system is very complex and very customizable which makes for a learning curve for admins. For users though, it's a very usable system.
- Doing 360 reviews anonymously is not possible (despite what sales may claim).
- Goal tasks can be created by end users in two areas. The two areas don't sync information unless all steps of the task is completed. When employee behaviors are to take the quickest / fastest steps to complete performance docs. The task often doesn't get completed correctly therefore goal information is in either one of two places vs one.
- Cornerstone has been transitioning their system to an updated UI and UX design, which has been very nice. However, it has been happening slowly and some of the older areas that have yet to be updated seem more difficult to work with.
- We have had some minor issue with our nightly feed that manages our user accounts with SAP.
- Mainly working with their support group is the most cumbersome activity to perform with Cornerstone. They do not have quick response times unless you pay for an advanced support tier.
- The certification module can be very cumbersome to set up and accessing learning objects within it requires too many clicks. Cornerstone is aware of this and is working on redesigning this module
- Instructor-Led Training is a nightmare.
- Certifications are very outdated and hard to use.
- Security roles and permissions can get messy very quickly.
- Some back end features such as event or ILT setups (only if your company has diverse classes that aren't planned at the beginning of the year)
- Till now none of the feature was difficult
- Most administrative functions
- The Certification Module user interface is terrible
- Reporting is lacking