Lifesize Video Conferencing Review 32 of 134
Lifesize Video Conferencing Review: "LifeSize - an easy, effective, and affordable option for domestic and international communication"
https://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingLifesize Video ConferencingUnspecified8.1237101
Kevin M Mulligan profile photo
Updated January 16, 2018

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Lifesize Video Conferencing

We wanted something that looked impressive but that anyone can use. LifeSize worked very well here. It's been a big success.
My firm originated in Europe and held offices in Germany and the US. Since inception, we have grown at a rapid pace. We now have offices across Europe and the US, in South America, and in Asia. In order for your business to thrive, you need dependable communication for office-to-office collaborative meetings, and this is exactly why we purchased LifeSize. Our LifeSize equipment is easy to use and we haven't had any issues with call quality or dropped calls. It's been a real game-changer in how we communicate.
  • Ease-of-use! My colleagues and I wanted a system that "just works". LifeSize works exceptionally well, and it's very intuitive to use. Many of my colleagues were able to use the system successfully upon their first attempt without any formal training or manuals.
  • The call quality is exceptional. Before LifeSize, we used another brand and their call quality was underwhelming. When we installed our first LifeSize devices, the call quality blew us away. It's as close to being in the same room as you can get without actually being there.
  • Compatibility! Lifesize is incredibly easy to access for our guests. We can send guests an email invitation, and they can join our meetings via their PCs by simply opening the link in their web browser. We have also had guests join via their handheld devices. At one point, we had a colleague join a call via his iPhone while he boarded a train in Europe. He remained connected for the entire 45 minute call, even as his train traveled through the hillsides.
  • I have very few cons for the system. The only one that is perhaps worth mentioning is that they don't allow for steady guest accounts. We only have so many licenses to share internally, so most of our traveling colleagues connect to our calls as a guest. Each time they call in as a guest, they have to enter in the correct extension for the office they wish to call. It would be great if the LifeSize app allowed guest users to have a recent call directory, so that these colleagues of mine wouldn't have to search for the extensions each time they wished to call in.
We used to use Polycom Real Group Presence equipment. This equipment had all the bells and whistles. Sadly, with SO MANY options, it was terribly confusing to use the equipment. My people were inadvertently amending options and settings that would need to be fixed. This was a constant issue. If I wasn't in the room to conduct the meeting, I had little certainty that it would go smoothly.
LifeSize is easy to use: my team rarely has a single issue with it.
My company has both LifeSize and WebEx. LifeSize is our preferred meeting tool when we want to communicate visually, and we want to present to a group of people. In times where a single person is presenting to a handful of people, particularly when reviewing forms or documents or when training in a new software, we find it easier to send out WebEx invites. So for most meetings, we meet as a group on LifeSize. But for software training and such, we use WebEx.

Lifesize Video Conferencing Feature Ratings

Record meetings / events
Live chat

Using Lifesize Video Conferencing

Support Headcount Required

1 - I maintain all LifeSize systems for my company - now in 15 locations. I can effectively manage them remotely from my location. This makes managing the equipment a breeze and doesn't require me to be onsite to amend the system settings.

Business Processes Supported

• Pipeline discussions
  • Upper-level strategy discussions
  • Global department meetings

Future Planned Uses

• Client communications
  • Interviewing new employees
  • Create a virtual window between offices

Likelihood to Renew

We've made a commitment to use LifeSize across all our international offices. Switching to another platform now would be costly, cumbersome, and unnecessary. LifeSize is doing its job well and has been since we started with them ~ 3 years ago.

Return on Investment

• Easy to manage, allowing IT to focus on other tasks
  • Easy to use, allowing team members to utilize the equipment on demand without problems
  • Easy to access, allowing anyone to connect with us via phone, tablet, pc, or competing for conference systems

Innovative Uses

• We can simply plug in a laptop to the LifeSize via a USB cord and LifeSize will cast the computer screen to the television. There is no need to install anything, so guests can come in and cast their screens quickly as well. It's incredibly helpful.
  • Sometimes, we use it to tour spaces. If an asset manager wants to show off their work on an asset, they can invite the team into the conference room. From there, his property manager at the asset location can connect via iPhone, and use the iPhone like a video feed as he walks around and points out the improvements.

Users and Roles

75 - LifeSize is utilized across our entire company. Senior management uses it frequently to meet with other senior personnel around the globe. Our various departments (Accounting, Acquisitions, Research, Asset Management) use it to communicate with the same departments in other offices/countries. Management uses it as a tool to remotely interview prospective employees. We use it for team meetings and company-wide announcements. Our interns will utilize it as a way to present their work to the local office, by using LifeSize to cast their laptop screens onto the big screen in the conference room It's available to everyone and so easy to use, more and more people are using it to their own ends.

Evaluating Lifesize Video Conferencing and Competitors

Products Replaced

Yes - Polycom Equipment: This equipment was incredibly high-tech but also cumbersome to use properly. My people would avoid using the equipment because they were often failing to work it properly. LifeSize was the "easy to use" solution we needed.

Evaluation Lessons Learned

I wouldn't. I'd deploy LifeSize again without hesitation. It was a silver bullet solution for us.

Alternatives Considered

LifeSize is as easy to use as Go-To or WebEx, but is as immersive a tool as Polycom. It's a happy middle-ground.

Key Differentiators

• Price
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
The single most important factor was usability. At one point, we had a very expensive product in our offices that supposedly could do all sorts of things. However, it was so complicated that it was always causing problems. Even if we had a technician fine tune the system (at $150 an hour!), it wasn't long before someone attempted to use the system and inadvertently messed up the settings again. Finally, we went in search of a simple product that anyone can use without training. Something so simple that it couldn't be "messed up". LifeSize was the tool we settled on, and 18 months later we are still proud of the decision to switch to LifeSize.

Lifesize Video Conferencing Implementation

Implementation Details / Implementation Partner

• Implemented in-house

Implementation Phases

Yes - Stage 1: Proof of Concept - Deployed demo equipment in our two main offices.
Stage 2: Initial purchase - Bought a system for our two larger offices and integrated them into our global conference system.
Stage 3: Full Transition - Bought additional systems for each of our global offices

Change Management Lessons

Change management was minimal

Implementation Issues

• I tried to reboot the system and accidentally reset it back to factory settings. I called in and they were able to reverse my mistake quickly. I wasn't even aware they backed up the settings. I was impressed.

Lifesize Video Conferencing Support

Support

I rarely call with a problem. When I do, I get an answer very quickly.

Lifesize Video Conferencing Customer Support Pros and Cons

Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None

Premium Support

Not Sure - We pay for the required maintenance subscription.

Bug Resolution

Exceptional Examples of Lifesize Video Conferencing Support

They are quick to answer the phone and the techs are very familiar with the equipment. The best customer service experience I've had with an IT support service.

Using Lifesize Video Conferencing

Usability

It's easy enough, everyone at my company can use it properly without any introductions.

Usability Pros and Cons

Feel confident using
Familiar
None

Easy Tasks

• Meetings can begin with just a few clicks
  • Changing between video footage and presentation materials is a breeze
  • Adding participants is also quite easy to do
  • Controlling the camera isn't necessary, but it does feel very natural

Difficult Tasks

• Not much, it's basically plug and play

Mobile Interface Availability and Impressions

Yes - It works like a dream. We have team members call in via their smartphones and they remain connected even while traveling in taxi's or on trains. It's very impressive.