Likelihood to Recommend
It's a very flexible tool with some great features however you'll need to have users that understand your business but are also technically savvy. If you don't have the right people/person then you may want to consider something easier to use ..saying that I believe the Standard version that was recently released has tried to address this however it's a beta product right now with more than a few issues.
Well-suited for marketers looking to benefit from a unified A/B testing platform with easy personalization, targeting, and promotional messaging functionality, instead of having platforms where the testing and other features are separate.I wouldn't recommend Dynamic Yield for companies that are lacking a sufficient development team (primarily front-end) supporting the marketers who would be using this tool. Much of the benefit comes from the advanced templating that can be done to automate the creation of tests, which requires strong development skills.
- Test & Target is an excellent means to understand and quantify any user experience solutions your business needs to achieve.
- Large scale tests combined with incremental changes will whip your web properties into shape. You will better understand your customers, as well as your success metrics. In the scope of a campaign, you can better understand the behavior of your audience by setting up specific success metrics (i.e. clicks on specific nav items, white paper downloads, page landings, etc.) alongside your primary conversions (i.e. form fill, purchase, application, etc.)
- Test & Target is an excellent solution for directing traffic to the appropriate web properties. By targeting specific users, you will have the ability to set up parameters which determine the content which you want the customer to view.
- Test & Target undergoes product updates on a regular basis, making its capabilities more robust. You must be analytic AND creative to use Test & Target to its fullest potential.
- A/B Testing of Creative - this feature allows us to trial multiple creatives and messages without having to force a choice between any one. This gives us much greater freedom in messaging and improves our development workflow by not artificially restricting our choices.
- Audience Segmentation - We can segment our audience based on behavior (social sharing, content consumption rates, etc.) and target them with messaging specific to their interests. We can then provide reports on how different audience segments are interacting with our content, and especially how our differentiated messaging is helping to improve those interaction rates.
- Display Ads - We have used this feature to create display ads that run through our ad system, but they allow us greater flexibility to A/B test creative. We have also used this to provide retargeting or purchased ads to third parties, and this give us much more control over the deployment and testing of creatives without needing to send the third-party new ad codes.
- It relies on mbox and depending on how they are implemented, you may need to rely on your IT team to implement additional mboxes for certain tests.
- To set up test offers, most of the time you will need to have knowledge of html and css. And depending on how the mboxes are implemented, you could be heavily relying on jQuery to manipulate the elements on your site for test offers.
- There is no WYSIWYG interface for you to highlight elements on your site while creating offers, which could be useful for users with less front end development experience.
- Code editor is a little wonky, so best to write your code elsewhere and the paste into DY. I wish there was an editor similar to the one Optimizely has for setting up tests. I'm sure this is something I will see down the road.
- Implementation (Was very smooth though, but this can always be improved)
- Mobile view for editing experience.
- Requires a developer for a lot of aspects. Not completely plug and play depending on how your site is built.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 24 answers
It's been working great for us even though it has its shortcomings, but it integrates well with other tools that we already have. Unless there is a tool that stands out from the crowd and offers much more benefit, we will be most likely to renew this software.
Based on 3 answers
implementation took a long time but also, DY has really proven that they are transforming and adapting their platform to be more user friendly and the right technology choice for their brand or company
Reliability and Availability
Based on 4 answers
i don't think we use the full functionalities of the tool, but to use the full functions, it's almost impossible (Too hard)
Based on 6 answers
Customer service was friendly and very reachable. However, they weren't always knowledgeable in helping us solve our problems. Also, because of our contract we were limited in the number of support hours and help we could receive.
Based on 3 answers
The instructor that came to train us was awesome and this training was very useful. I would recommend it for anyone who is going to be using this software. I only mark it lower because it is an added expense to an already expensive product, and a lot of the training covered the "Target" portion of the software (which again, we didn't use)
Based on 3 answers
The training was very easy to understand, however it would have been more useful to my development team than me. It was also primarily over-the-phone, which is never as easy to follow as in-person. We ended up scheduling and paying for an in-person training session to supplement the online/phone training because it wasn't helpful enough.
Based on 5 answers
Implementation was very slow and we didn't know the details or timeline until it had already been activated (so we missed our first period of use for the software).
Return on Investment
- We've seen a number of positive impacts with our clients from increased orders and revenue to improved site satisfaction and user experience.
Consultant in OtherInformation Technology and Services Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?