Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MindTouch, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Supported: Customer self-service
- Supported: Agent enablement
- Supported: Field service
- Supported: Contextual help
- Supported: Documentation authoring and publishing
- Supported: CRM integration
- Supported: Help desk integration
- Supported: Ticket deflection
- Supported: Analytics and reporting
- Supported: User behavior insights
- Supported: Versioning
- Supported: KCS methodology
- Supported: Structured atomic content
- Supported: Customizable Interface
- Supported: Mobile responsive layout
- Supported: BI Integration
- Supported: 20 supported languages
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Good search engine
- Easy-to-use editor
- Mobile access
- Customization is complicated and limited
- Should offer ability to save selected topics to a favorites list and then generate PDFs that include any number of the favorite topics and in any order
- Content lists are arranged arbitrarily in alphabetical order
- Searching for content across range of documents, not just within individual documents
- Accessing content via mobile devices
- Streaming video
- Setting content access permissions for individual users or user groups
- Too early to determine
MindTouch are not willing enough to develop requested features.
- Weekly development cycles that mean changes and fixes are pushed to content creators quickly. We truly feel the MindTouch team is actively working to improve the service.
- Content editing is fast and intuitive; linking articles, adding rich media, it works just as expected. Anyone who's learned the basics can add content that's meaningful and adds value to the documentation.
- The search engine was a big thing for us - once articles are tagged right (we have a lot of content), related articles are REALLY related, and when searching users find the content we most want them to find. We all know Google is great at finding things, but the MindTouch search engine is fast and accurate. And it can be implemented in the browser's omnibox so you can trigger a search directly from the address bar in your browser. That's a big deal for me when I manage the content on the site.
- The only think I can think to wish for is an improved video player. But we've got around that by embedding the Vimeo player directly through a dekiscript when we need it.
- We've not done accurate testing or number crunching, but the feedback we receive through support tells us that customers and resellers alike love the site and often find precisely what they're looking for.
- A much improved ranking on Google also tells us that MindTouch has done much right in the SEO department. Kudos!
With MindTouch we can edit stuff live - we use this a lot to fix smaller inaccuracies in our docs based on support feedback, and it's all fast and accurate.
Zendesk has a nice documentation feature for smaller projects, but we found that with the sheer volume of documentation that we produce, nothing could measure up to MindTouch.
- MindTouch makes it easy to have templates and self-help instructions so that a variety of teammates can contribute without a ton of learning curve.
- The MindTouch search engine makes it easy for our clients to find what they need.
- MindTouch created an easy ability to add and control users. And we found the page-level security meets our needs.
- MindTouch's flexibility means you can get the organization and look you want, without needing a degree in html.
- MindTouch support people genuinely care about my success, are easy to get to, respond in a reasonable time period and are both knowledgeable and down-to-earth.
- MindTouch (MT) bought the text editor from someone else. It lacks precision, flexibility and features. Word can do many things the MT editor cannot. Photos can be hard to place and run text around them without awkward spacing. The tool to place text near photos needs improvement from its present level of zero. Photos cannot be cropped. Placing a photo in the middle of a numbered list will require a big time investment. The text frequently loses "normal" and needs to be re-defined. Pasting text into an article never is formatted correctly the first time. It would be nice to be able to do text boxes, like Publisher allows. Presently, all copy runs the full width of the only text box you get.
- MindTouch's support people often like the enhancements I suggest but getting them into the product -- if it happens at all -- takes too long. MindTouch does many admirable big-picture things but needs to pay more attention to enhancement suggestions and improving its text editor.
- When you are in any of the control panels or behind-the-scenes control areas, why do you have to close that page -- actually close out of MindTouch and then go back in, to get back into the text editor?
- The "views" counter on each page is very difficult to reset. You have to export the page, delete it and then import it back in. This would be less necessary if we, as clients, could control when the counter starts. Currently, it starts when the page starts, so every time you access the page as you construct it counts as a view -- actually, in our install, it seems to count as TWO views. That's like having your traffic counter on your highway count all of the construction traffic before the road was opened to the public.
- Getting software updates to clients.
- Allowing clients to get help, by themselves, on our software products.
- Providing a platform where we can easily get videos to people who want them.
- Our deployment time is too short to have found any yet.
- Using the API and some programming to integrate it with our system that manages Service tickets.
- I would hope to get our sales staff more involved so that they can use it during presentations and as a way to create a library of info for potential clients.
- Managing Users
- Changing headline definition changes it in the whole shootin' match
- Linking people from one page to another.
- Copying and moving pages.
- Linking people to off-site URLs
- placing videos
- creating copy in an article which is only for teammates to view
- Cropping photos (can't do it).
- Placing text consistently and elegantly next to photos.
- Getting text to STAY in normal style without losing some of the elements thereof.
- You always have to format text after you paste it in.
- Placing our software updates in MindTouch and having clients download from there is slow. We now put them on our .ftp site and link to them from MindTouch. Works great!
The writers and the engineering are responsible for providing content relative to content type. The documentation team is responsible for distribution and administering audiences with permissions. Our content is consumed by the Customer audiences, Support, Training, and Product Dev.
Mindtouch helps resolve issues we have had in the past of using one portal to access all content across our products where you can use the Search feature as opposed to using Search across Guides/PDFs
- Content Reuse: This is a great feature, allows the doc team to use single sourcing as opposed to our previous solution
- Linking Content: Excellent feature, reduces time and improveds usability for our customers
- GUI Interface: Ease of use
- Revision History
- Creating PDFs of more that 50 topics /pages. Ease of use of PDFs. This is an important ask that allows us to continue/discontinue with the tool
- Applying Templates to a topic that we are editing.
- Would like to see some flavor of collaborative Review Tools
- Content Reuse: Wish we had an exception rule
- Linking Content: UI is so cluttered especially when the links all have similar titles. It just seems like a very busy list of choices to select from which does not allow you to view the end of the link (string)
- Reduction in Print
- Availability of Content on the Go
- Faster Search: Reduced time on searching through multiple guides
Training & Education
- Implemented in-house
- We inherited the tool and was part of the team, but not involved in Implementation
The support folks I have worked with have always resolved our issues and quick to respond and never make you feel that our questions are beyond help.
Very easy to communicate and they are honest if I ask a question that stumbles them, they go for the help and get me Quick Resolution.
- Creating Content, using the GUI interface
- Content Reuse
- Linking content
- Attaching Images
- Creating a PDF
- Troubleshooting source of a page
- Reviewing content for collaborative use - i think this doesn't exist
- MindTouch allows people with multiple levels of expertise to contribute to the product documentation.
- MindTouch allows us to present the user with the most up-to-date documentation possible.
- MindTouch makes content creation fairly easy, with templates and use guidelines.
- We struggle with customizing our site, because so much of MindTouch is 'behind the scenes' and difficult to discern. We can't see how they are using certain things (for example, one variable that we used as a glossary popup was 'JSON' - we had to change it because it blew our site up).
- MindTouch does not allow two people to edit a page simultaneously. It does, however, warn you that someone else is editing the page.
- The location of content in MindTouch is not always apparent. We struggle sometimes finding the pages that we've created. A more streamlined approach (like a file system) to content management would be nice.
MindTouch is great for groups that produce product documentation and need to iteratively update that documentation (for example, in an Agile environment).
- At this point, we haven't seen much of a return on MindTouch (we've only been using the product for a few months). I expect to see many users and contributors in the system, but for now, the volume just isn't there.
- I think MindTouch will contribute to a faster software update cycle (we are an Agile shop).
- MadCap Flare and AuthorIt
- Supporting a new product.
- Allowing SMEs (amongst several groups, e.g., Support and Engineering) to create and edit content. (Only technical writers can publish content to our site at this point.)
- Creating content that is the most up-to-date for our customers.
- We are new to the MindTouch experience, so we have had little time to experiment with the product. We are concentrating on gathering material to add to the product at this point.
- Track user feedback on our documentation so we can give them the best experience possible.