Reviews (1-25 of 202)
The only issue we have occasionally is the local jurisdictions taxes do not calculate properly in Salesforce. When these situations arise, the Avalara tech team and our IT department work together to resolve the issue.
We also have a Canadian entity which calculates the GST/HST and PST on our proposals and invoices. With the Canadian entity, I wish they had tax codes and determined the taxes without us having to do tax codes and tax rules. This is one area I would like to see improved so it would be more automatic like in the US. Overall, we are very happy with Avalara and would recommend it to other companies.
- The respond to notices that are received timely
- The tax calculation appears seamless
- I like having the returns and confirmation of filing saved in archives
- The Canadian tax calculations and filings for GST/HST and PST
- Having the account representative reach out more when new things are available on the admin console or new interface
- Doing one-on-one training through the internet
- Avalara's tax tables are accurate and updated timely across all the states we have a Nexus in.
- Avalara's customer service is top notch, the treatment of customers is far better than any other service-based business I've worked with in the past.
- Avalara integrates with many third-party platforms we use throughout our company, i.e Sage & Shopify.
- The response times from the implementation team was very slow. I understand this is a result of the rapid growth of the company, so knowing that, it did not create hard feelings.
- Keeps tax rates up to date
- Reports are very concise and easy to read
- They keep up well on rate changes
- More person to person support contact rather than "watch this webinar"
- Eliminate the rounding problems
- Dynamic acquisition and application of address-based tax rates
- Tax filing per the current tax laws and regulations
- Provide necessary data for monthly reconciliations
- Support center often has long phone queues. It can be frustrating when you need immediate assistance
- System gets bogged down around the time for approvals
- User friendly
- Modern UI
- Great customer service
- Keeps my team updated on changes in the tax world
- Integration with certain ERP systems
- Meeting the needs of large corporations with Avatax
- A tax calculator / transaction tester would be nice
- Rooftop-level tax calculation.
- Partner programs.
- Returns filing.
- Item taxability management.
- Implementation and support could use some updating with their recent expansion.
- Pricing could be better suited for each customer.
- More dedicated partner resources across different departments.
- Avalara updates tax rates timely and accurately.
- It will flag a transaction if you are using the incorrect exemption reason for various states.
- The system breaks down the exact rates and amounts for each line item on the invoice.
- Simplify the integration for certain ERP systems.
- CertCapture often lags.
- I have done a few voluntary disclosure agreements. Jamie Fox did a great job at helping us remit that tax.
- Automatically remitting sales taxes to different governments.
- Reporting and audits are now easier.
- I personally have not had any issues with Avalara.
- Reports are easy to read and export for reconciliation with other systems.
- Support teams are responsive and helpful.
- CertCapture has made managing tax exemption certificates simple.
- I have not experienced any Cons with Avalara at this time.
- Track changes, such as return data from month to month, or state-related changes, such as tax rates.
- Easy to understand the logic to get transactions to the correct return.
- Easy to get transactions into the system.
- Easy to get data out of the system for ad-hoc reporting.
- Some system enhancements / improvements seem to be based on programming ideas vs. user ease of use
- Requesting help with a module can be lengthy and time consuming
- Calculate real-time sales tax for invoices.
- CertCapture for managing my TEC's.
- Transaction sales tax detail.
- Local jurisdiction exemption certificates.
- Avalara online university classes are not interactive and do not provide for practice applications.
- Keep up with tax regulations and changes
- Filing returns
- Correct tax on our invoices
- Liability worksheet needs to have previous months adjustments to returns reflected to tie out accurately
- No longer tie out to the penny to Avalara liability sheet due to changes made at time of filing that is never reflected in liability worksheet
- Missing certificates.
- Improper certificate forms were used by the division.
- Incomplete certificates were accepted.
- Misplaced certificates.
- Out of date certificates.
- We were able to track the number of missing customer certificates.
- We were able to identify the acceptable certificate forms.
- This product educated our division's credit manager enough to only accept the proper forms.
- The automated and customized report is needed.
- Determines tax rates for customers depending on that customer's exact ship-to location.
- Files returns correctly and on time.
- Tracks and uses customer supplied exemption certificates to determine a customer's taxability.
- Avalara assumes that companies have IT support. Dumbing down some of their training would be helpful.
- Avalara does a great job at processing returns timely
- Avalara does a great job updating tax rates to make sure they are paid to the correct jurisdictions
- Having a way to process construction use tax
- Being able to balance the tax returns back to the General Ledger more easily
- Working with the consumer
- Keeping up with current tax laws and regulations
- Calculate sales tax
- Provide complete reporting.
- Easy to use functionality.
- I would love a way to keep track of transaction key changes. Currently, we are having an issuing managing it and the individuals change it are not keeping track. If the change happens can we receive an email with the new key code.
- Simplifies the collection of tax exemption certificates.
- Creates an organized archive for tax exemption certificates.
- Allows customers the opportunity to create and submit tax exemption certificates.
- Creating an interface with Mincron (ERP).
- Streamlines sales tax process with electronic filing and includes paper filing
- Makes payments of sales tax simple
- Stores or tracks unused sales tax credit
- Provide more specific support for companies that require API to connect their ERP system to Avalara
- Provide more advance notification and training for changing AvaTax platform
- Calculate sales tax across multiple localities.
- Integrate with GP (accounting software).
- Prepare sales tax returns.
- Timeliness of customer support.
- Including customer's ERP partner in communications.
- Taking support requests from ERP partner on behalf customers.
Avalara Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Avalara aims to help businesses get tax compliance right. Avalara customers face demanding tax obligations imposed by state, local, and other tax authorities around the world, and use Avalara for efficient and more accurate solutions to manage those requirements.
The Avalara Tax Compliance Suite — Avalara AvaTax, Avalara Returns, and Avalara CertCapture — offers solutions for various transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and others. The suite enables you to calculate taxes, file and remit returns, and comply with document management requirements. More than 700 integrations are available for accounting systems, ERP and CRM providers, ecommerce platforms, and more. The company also offers Professional Services including Tax Advisory Services, Implementation Services, Managed Services, and Support Plans and Training to help customers prepare for and achieve compliance.
Avalara Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Avalara Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|