Score 6.8 out of 10

What is CallRail?

CallRail offers phone call tracking, recording and analytics.

CallRail Review

January 06, 2023
We tried using CallRail for marketing purposes on 2 different websites.

Highly recommend!

December 19, 2022
We use CallRail to monitor not only the frequency of phone calls and to which community, but it is also used in training and development, …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of CallRail, and make your voice heard!

Lead Center (requires Call Tracking plan)

$30

per month per user

Call Tracking

$45

per month

Conversation Analytics (Call Tracking + Conversation Intelligence)

$95

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.callrail.com/pricing

Product Demos

00:55
CallRail's 5 Minute Demo
05:01
What is call tracking?
02:09
How can call tracking improve my marketing?
01:07

What is CallRail?

CallRail aims to bring visibility to the marketers who rely on quality inbound leads to boost success and sustain growth.

CallRail prioritizes giving customers a clear view into their digital marketing efforts. Often overlooked by other marketing tools or analytics platforms, CallRail aims to help find the opportunities in surfacing and connecting data from calls, forms, chat and beyond—to help customers achieve better outcomes. The vendor states CallRail’s leads-focused analytics platform brings clarity to their customer’s digital marketing efforts.

CallRail Screenshots

Screenshot of Activity DashboardScreenshot of Integrations PageScreenshot of Call LogScreenshot of Lead CenterScreenshot of Call Attribution ReportScreenshot of Activity DashboardScreenshot of Visitor Timeline

CallRail Videos

CallRail's 5 Minute Demo
What is Call Tracking?
How Can Call Tracking Improve My Marketing?

CallRail Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesUnited States, Canada
Supported LanguagesEnglish

CallRail offers phone call tracking, recording and analytics.

Invoca, DialogTech, and Marchex are common alternatives for CallRail.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.8.

The most common users of CallRail are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

January 06, 2023

CallRail Review

In my experience, we signed up with CallRail and noticed after the second month that we were charged 3 times the signed-up amount. I believe services were charged for those that were never set up. In my experience, after calling Beginning (December 2022) in and complaining nothing happens. Did a follow-up call about 2 weeks later (mid-December 2022), and nothing changed, I believe. At this time we canceled the service. In my experience, we did another follow-up call 5 weeks later (beginning of January 2023), but still nothing. I believe they talk nicely on the phone but seem to ignore requests and not process them. Whatever the reason is, this is not acceptable I believe. In my opinion, this is not trustable Company. From my point of view, I don't trust them with your credit card information. I believe they add random charges and services. Because of my experience, I believe I will start a fraud case with the bank.
December 19, 2022

Highly recommend!

CallRail works well for us being a home builder. I advertise my CallRail phone numbers and can easily change the phone that is it routed to if someone is on vacation or no longer works at that location. It is another source to allow me to show what communities have more or less traction than others. I can also listen back to the recorded conversations and use it as a training tool with my team, or to recognize someone for doing a great job.
BT Haynes | TrustRadius Reviewer
CallRail is a must-have for businesses that rely on digital and print advertising. You can create different phone numbers for each marketing platform. For us, that means Google Ads, website and landing pages, trucks and other company signage, and social media. Additionally, if you want to help your CSR team to improve, CallRail's call recordings allow your team to self-monitor and find ways to improve in their messaging and find holes in their knowledge base.
July 02, 2022

CallRail review

Steven Laff | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you use tracking numbers, you are dependent on them being operational. If they are not, you are out of business. If you are in California and you have a problem at 3:01pm Pacific Time, you are so out of luck. Lord help you if it is Friday afternoon and your phone lines are down all weekend. [In my experience] you will get this email response: "Good Evening, thanks for reaching out! Our Support Team is available Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 6:00pm EST. We'll respond to request as soon as possible. To add additional comments or information, just reply to this email. We'll be in touch soon. Thanks, The CallRail Support Team"
Chris Martino | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize CallRail for lead and client outreach. It is great to be able to use different local numbers in various markets. CallRail is a great tool when tracking and analyzing the productivity of our staff. CallRail also assists us with our marketing efforts by associating our inbound calls with different marketing campaigns.
CallRail is a very good and efficient software to track all the calls; it also has some level of automation to set up calls and tracks them easily via the reports section. The best thing is the call transcript feature where one gets the whole call transcript at the end of the call, which helps in analyzing further.
Lunam Aeve | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is an exceptional tool for everyone who wants to track leads. it is good to keep a record of the calls and one can track down the success of media campaigns using it . and I would recommend it to those who want to keep a check on which source is most important for them and is bringing them maximum phone calls.
UI is pretty good, having tons of clients in our PPC agency requires a lot of organization and time efficiency. CallRail makes it very efficient and productive with most of the features, account levels, and UI friendliness. So far so good with the overall service. Our clients are happy with their call leads reports.
It wouldn't really be suited for a call center type application, but it could be more for smaller sales teams, where they receive inbound sales calls. I think it's one of those programs where you will get some value out of it by just doing the basics, but you'd obviously get more value out of it the more effort you put into monitoring it.
Mary Tihoni | TrustRadius Reviewer
We recommend CallRail to all of our clients who would like to be able to track the number of calls received. We have clients who use it solely for training and performance reviews by using the call record feature to gain insights to the type of customer service a customer received during their call.
We've found the software to be extremely useful for paid search advertising where we might be running multiple campaigns and ad groups with different keywords. It also works well for understanding different tactics we employ for clients. The information can be pulled easily and our clients find it useful to know exactly which calls lead to sales and how to improve the sales process.
September 17, 2020

CallRail Gets the Goods

Alex Panagiotopoulos | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you're in a situation where the cost per lead and lifetime value of a customer is worth the $30/m, it's 100% worth it. It's not perfect for really small businesses, but anything where someone is spending thousands a month on lead gen it's worth its weight in gold. Law firms, medical practices, home services are all great fits.
For any companies that want to track leads and success of their paid media campaigns. This is also a great tool for sales training since managers and directors can listen to the calls and provides input/suggestions to the sales team. It also works really well if you want to do presentations using Google Data Studio since CallRail provides a Data Studio connector and you don't need to purchase a third party one like SuperMetrics.
This is great software for differentiating where phone traffic is coming from. Whether it's paid/organic search, you can see exactly where the calls are coming in from. I'd love to see them add text/SMS features in the future, but it does what it claims. I'd also like to see more CRM integrations, but not sure that other users share the same sentiment.
September 10, 2020

The Benefits of CallRail

CallRail is great for agency type businesses that have a lot of clients to do business on their behalf. As many numbers as needed can be created and reported on. If you're in the advertising world, call tracking is a great way to be able to track any conversions/phone calls back to your paid campaign. It could even be utilized for on TV and Radio to be able to track those phone calls to a phone number of your choosing and report that back to the client.
CallRail is a very user-friendly platform and allows us to track all of our leads' phone calls with ease. The best part is the reporting that is available based on the data collected with every call. Whether it is based on UTM parameters or number dialed, CallRail allows us to track what calls are coming from paid efforts and what calls are coming from organic efforts.
If you have a mid to large-sized team working on your sales, then I think this will definitely get you your money's worth. Even for smaller sales campaigns, I think you can make a case for using it. They offer a free trial (even though its a bit limited in scope) and I think that is worth checking out.
Amber Callan | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • CallRail is well suited for small and medium sized businesses looking to track their marketing efforts by way of tracking their calls.
  • If you're looking to track calls from your website from all sources, CallRail is right for you.
  • If you're looking to just track AdWords campaigns, CallRail is right for you.
  • If you're looking to track a print campaign, CallRail can do that too.

I'm personally not quite sure how it would perform for large or enterprise companies, as I personally haven't come across this use case in my own work.
Ramon Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I recommend CallRail all the time. I think it's best suited for companies running multiple ad campaigns that are not producing direct sales online and they are trying to track which campaigns are producing the most calls and sales. I would say that it is not well suited for pages with a single traffic source and that are not using paid ads or external ads to track calls.
J.P. VanderLinden | TrustRadius Reviewer
CallRail is a great solution if you're trying to drive a number of calls from different sources and want to track them. Direct mail, radio, television can all feed different tracked numbers, and online sources can feed dynamic numbers. This is great if you're a local business, as many work entirely off of phone calls, or if you're a national company who needs to field phone calls (less common, but can be very high volume). However, if less than 20% of leads/customers use the phone, or if the phone is primarily for customer service issues, I usually don't recommend my clients use a call tracking solution.