EZ Texting Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

We use EZ Texting to send mass texts to staff members. We break down our groups into locations and departments when needed for targeting specific employees.
  • Break down groups
  • Scheduled messages
  • Easier polling
  • Ability to sort by additional details added to contact info. I.e. we include FT/PT status and would like to filter by that field to send messages rather than manage a different group.
  • Closing sites due to extreme weather
  • Company wide contests
  • Announcements for promotions of employees
We are a labor union. We've found that many of our members no longer have computers at home and use their smartphones for all communication. For many, texting is preferable to email. We use EZ Texting to communicate with our members.
  • Contact Management with easy groups.
  • Live preview of your message.
  • Built-in URL shortener.
  • The "helpful" chat-bot that you can't turn off is REALLY annoying.
I'm not particularly well versed in the product. It seems good for reaching out to a list you already have. In our case, that's our union members. It seems to have features designed to create "buzz" and have the public sign up to receive your riveting text messages. That's not something we're trying to do, so I have no opinion on this aspect of the service.
November 30, 2019

Slick text tool!

I've been aware of EZ Texting for some time and originally hoped to use another tool because it was cheaper. However, after having tried multiple other tools, I went to EZ Texting due to its robust functionality. They've been at this for years, and the ability to do shortcodes, the slick UI, templates, and so forth make this a great fit in my app stack. I use it to text with my customers in a B2B setting.
  • Templates.
  • Mobile-friendly.
  • Group messaging.
  • Workflows.
  • Event-based messaging.
  • Integration with POS.
EZ Texting is great for a standalone text tool, great for group messaging, and for basic 2-way SMS. If you are looking for a highly integrated CRM messaging tool, this is not the tool for you. There are generally vertical-specific text tools that can handle business conversations, chat, and text messaging.
I use EZ Texting to invite the registered prospects to our Condo Event Launches. Often times people don't read their email so I find EZ Texting practical in reaching out to clients promptly and effectively with one short text. I also find it less invasive. We never do cold calls or texts, these messages are sent to all registrants (prospects) who themselves have registered to receive newsletters, updates and invitations.
  • Uploading bulk contacts
  • Creation of groups
  • Replying easily from the EZ Texting platform
  • Exporting replies and organizing RSVPs
  • French accents (special characters) seeing that we are in Quebec.
EZ Texting is well suited to get the basic information relating to a condo event including date, time, address, important info such as pricing, promos and such. It's also excellent for RSVP follow ups, this tool allows to have a better idea of the headcount and helps us manage the setup and necessities for each event in terms of food, drinks, equipment rental and such.
We are currently using EZ Texting to promote events happening, and collecting new phone numbers by hosting monthly giveaways on the platform. This platform works great because of the ease of use for the consumer, as well as our team on the management side. We use these phone numbers cautiously but we push out information for upcoming events.
  • Ease of selecting a code word.
  • Ease of searching for text numbers.
  • Reporting the results.
  • More opportunities to change the key word, even if we change the text code.
This platform is great to communicate with your followers and fans with a very high open rate, we are seeing a 99% open rate currently. We're seeing people need to opt-in using their phones, there is less room for error on adding a phone number. It is great to use for giveaways and information.
Broadley's uses EZ Texting to communicate to our residential HVAC and Plumbing customers. This platform allows us to easily send promotional and company information to our customer base. The platform is being used by our marketing department only.
  • EZ Texting allows our company to import our customer contacts and apply them to specific customer groups so we can speak to each customer more detailed.
  • EZ Texting provides activity reports and analytics so we can analyze what marketing communications work the best.
  • EZ Texting allows our customers another way to communicate with our company.
  • I can't think of anything at the moment as we have been very happy with all of the features.
EZ Texting is a great platform for service companies to use in order to communicate with loyal customers.
EZ Texting lets me connect with as many people as I need to very quickly. We run events, so sometimes someone is running late, we can tell all 300 people at one time what is going on. EZ Texting stops people from leaving and keeps everyone informed. It is a great tool to have in your shed.
  • Easy to load contacts
  • Easy to schedule messages
  • Easy to create and send one-off messages
  • The new changes to NEW MESSAGE where you list all the groups first.
  • There are some bugs with the notification bell in the top right corner.
  • Some people are opted out incorrectly.
I really can't think of any situations where it wouldn't or couldn't be used. You can carry on with one person, blast messages to many people, schedule drip messages, etc. So it's hard for me to list a situation; it would be less appropriate.
November 08, 2019

EZ Texting

Using SMS/MMS to send messages to automotive customers whos vehicles are under recall from the manufacturer. We sent out over 100,000 messages between September and October on behalf of dealerships in the Southwestern United States. The ability to set the list with up to 7 variables was important and the reporting provided through the EZ Texting platform was helpful.
  • The platform is very easy to use.
  • Reporting metrics.
  • Customer service isn't very responsive.
  • Would be helpful to not be limited by 7 variables of only 10 characters per variable.
EZ Texting provides a user-friendly platform so you can do it yourself. With a little assistance, we were able to grab metrics from the dashboard to report back to our client in terms of delivery, clicks, overall success. You are able to reach a large group of people within minutes.

Great Program

I use EZ Texting in my small local business to promote sales. When we are having a slow day or week, I send out a text and within 30 minutes I have customers flooding in. It also helps us keep track of how many new people are coming for the first time.
  • Very user friendly! I can send a text to 2000 people from my cell phone in less than 2 minutes.
  • Reasonably priced compared to other companies.
  • Great customer service and support. I had one-on-one assistance setting up my account and learning to use the program.
  • There have been a few times where I was unable to load the site to send a text.
  • I have customers numbers I've entered into my text list who still don't ever receive any of the texts.
  • I would love for there to automatically be a signature instead of having to use my company name as the subject.
It is a great way for small business like me who don't have a large advertising budget or time to manage a social media account to promote new sales, products or events.

Simple and Easy to Use

We use the product for communications to customers, regarding a host of topics from invoices to special promotions.
  • Very easy to use
  • Quickly develop contact list from existing files
  • Easy to access and understand reporting tools
  • Pricing is a bit confusing.
  • At times, the dashboard is not intuitive.
  • Could do a better job of providing information when an error occurs.
As a smaller business, I find the tool helps save time and keeps our customers informed of important messages. Ease of use makes it simple for anyone to use.
EZ Texting is used for both marketing and customer service purposes within my company. We work primarily with college students who are not eager to pick up the phone or read emails. EZ Texting gets our message directly in front of consumers in a way that they can't ignore. It's much more efficient than the alternative of individually texting customers and prospects.
  • Ability to mass upload contacts and create different contact groups
  • Ability to mass communicate and pre-schedule text messages
  • Individually follow up with any responses we receive
  • Our software platform updates communications lists in real time. For example, if I schedule a recurring email to go out to customers with a delinquent balance, the list updates automatically as balances change. It would be nice if EZ Texting integrated with other platforms to offer the same functionality.
  • Group names are limited to just a few characters. It would be nice if this was expanded to allow for more specificity.
  • I'd prefer to receive notifications when responses come in. If a response arrives two or three days after the initial text, I'm probably not going to check to see that it's come in.
EZ Texting is great for one-off communications with either existing or potential customers. If there's a message that only needs to go out once, EZ Texting is easy and convenient. It doesn't shine quite as much when you need to communicate one message on a recurring basis. If I need to reach out to people who have a balance or are missing paperwork, that group of people is constantly changing. Uploading a new list one or more times per week is not convenient and for that reason I usually forego EZ Texting in those situations. More software integrations could resolve that issue.
We use EZ Texting in order to promote our apartment complex to prospects. We also use it to communicate with our residents about resident events, renewal info and important community information. We do not have an easy way to text people through the operating system we use, so EZ Texting gives us an easy way to communicate quickly and efficiently! It is so easy to use and uploading contact lists is super quick too!
  • Uploads contact lists quickly
  • Lets people opt out
  • Provides delivery reports that you can download and review
  • Allows attachments such as pictures and graphics
  • It freezes up sometimes
EZ Texting is well suited for people who need to send out communication to a large amount of people in a short amount of time. It is super helpful because you can select your contact list, draft the message and send it in less than five minutes.
We use EZ Texting to mass text our lead lists and our current client list to stay in touch with them, let them know about special offers. It works great for sending out large batches of text messages.
  • Bulk messaging.
  • Organize contacts by groups.
  • Keeping conversations together.
  • Allowing you to pull up the whole conversation with a client.
It works well for bulk messaging. I find it to be the best program for bulk SMS. When it comes to sending individual messages, it isn't the best, because it doesn't tie in well with my CRM that I use. I use Zoho and I would love if EZ Texting API'd into Zoho (right now I have to use Burst SMS).
January 21, 2020

Works fine for me

Our marketing department uses EZ Texting to inform customers about order deadlines and order pickup reminders.
  • Easy interface
  • Fair pricing
  • Really can't think of anything!
EZ Texting sends texts to whom I need for a fair price. What more can I say?!
January 10, 2020

EZ Review

We use EZ Texting to text safety messages to our drivers across Canada.
  • Can contact a huge amount of people easily
  • Make updating paying methods easier--maybe keep our payment method on file?
EZ Texting is well suited to mass communication. It is not suitable for individual communications, as it would be too expensive.
Our marketing department currently uses it weekly to send out SMS marketing campaigns to our existing customers. We also use it to handle our keyword SMS responses. Customers can text a keyword and receive a response with an application link.
  • Marketing responses are well-kept in the interface.
  • API interaction is straightforward.
  • I would like to see an API to use some of the tools such as the Link Shortener.
  • I'd like to have the ability to get API support via chat.
SMS short code marketing campaigns.
We use EZ Texting to communicate with our agents, keeping them updated on training and office events.
  • It's very user-friendly.
  • You can schedule messages to go out ahead of time.
  • Allows you to send to specific groups.
Best suited to send messages to groups. I can't think of how it would be less appropriate.
EZ Texting provides a way for my organization to maintain contact with our customers in an easy format. It makes it easy to send messages/info without having to call and perhaps leave a voicemail. Texting is perhaps the primary way people communicate with each other in day-to-day lives, and now it's becoming an effective business tool.
  • Storing customer info/data
  • Sending messages to multiple customers (simultaneously) with the click of a button
  • Easily updating customer info/data
  • Using 3rd-party apps
  • The bounce rate could be improved.
  • The mobile app is not as versatile as a desktop/web app.
EZ Texting is well suited for sending a promotion or message to multiple customers at the same time.
November 07, 2019

Review of EZ Texting

We use this app across the whole company. As we are a brokerage, we use it to provide customer and carrier updates.
  • The ability to send large group text messages.
  • Grouping specific people together.
  • Campaign options
  • Text history. It's very difficult to see the history you've had with a specific user.
  • Multi-user management and controls. Hard to have multiple users.
  • Definitely does not have the analytics a large business would need to check ROI.
I would recommend it for smaller startups. But not medium-large sized companies.

No Hassle Texting Service

We use it to notify drivers of upcoming work, and other details of jobs that need a mass of people to know without individually texting or calling everyone.
  • It lets you know if they received the text.
  • It works very fast.
  • It's very reliable.
  • Have a mobile app.
  • When you receive texts make it to where your phone can also receive them.
EZ Texting allows you to easily send information to a lot of people immediately. It saves a lot of time.
Nathan Rice | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use EZ Texting for updating our customer with important events or special store hours and promotions.
  • integrates easily with our email marketing software
  • easy to use interface
  • decent price for text
  • better organization of contacts
  • some type of delivery reports or filter to remove bad phone numbers
  • more clarity on fees and charges
  • templates for "keyword" campaigns
Well-suited for massive text blasts but less intuitive for targeting specific groups.
Read Nathan Rice's full review
Rusty Angell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2019

How EZTexting Stacks up

We use EZ Texting for one department within our organization - our Young Adults ministry. It allows us to send out timely information to a group of people who generally prefer texts over email communication.
  • Textback for more information is useful for telling a group of people Text the word **BLANK** to 313-131 and they can all instantly receive the information they need.
  • Simple contact imports make it easy to gather phone numbers on other platforms an import into EZTexting
  • Immediate send of messages to groups for timely communication is super helpful!
  • EZTexting doesn't always work super well from mobile. A better mobile interface would be helpful!
  • The message inbox could use improvement. Conversations are not easy to follow, this could also be improved.
  • There is currently no way to mark notifications as read.
EZ Texting works well for mass messages with general information. It is a little less useful when carrying on a conversation with a contact.
Read Rusty Angell's full review
Marco Escobar | TrustRadius Reviewer
EZ Texting is used as the backend product to our Kerauno system. It is used currently as a one to many "See something say something" platform for some of our clients. I show users how to create new groups, have folks auto-register using shortcodes, create drip campaigns, pools, etc. They also use it, when necessary as a bidirectional technology to have an anonymous (to the recipient) communication path for school districts and the SSSS program.
  • One to many texting.
  • Short code sign-ups.
  • Group/category grouping to direct messages toward a specific subset.
  • Contacts/CRM integration.
  • Drip campaign creation (interface is clumsy).
  • Pool creation is a bit tricky.
  • Scheduled auto responder for "out of office" times.
General "text blasting" is the sweet spot for me. Additionally, category (group) specific "blast" messaging would also be a strong suit. Auto enrollment in text messaging could also be perceived as a strong point for EZ Texting. I would think an emergency scenario would be ideal use-case (i.e. employee outbound messaging in cases of natural disaster or weather-related communication).
Read Marco Escobar's full review
TeraMichelle Boyland | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use EZ Texting to send out appointment reminders to our patients. We find that many people with hearing issues prefer texts over phone calls which makes perfect sense. We include the address, phone number, and appointment date and time in one easy text message. It is an added bonus to our already amazing customer service experience.
  • EZ Texting has the most amazing customer service via chat and phone. They are always able to help me when I have questions.
  • EZ Texting is really good at accepting ideas from customers and implementing them in their next website update. Whether it is adding something or removing it.
  • EZ Texting allows you to do more than just individually text. They offer group texts that you can customize based on your company need as well as the ability to set up future dates for those texts to be sent.
  • The new website look is very different from the old format. I do not like that it is hard for me to find the tab to go to in order to see my sent texts. There are just a lot of things that I don't need and more options than I care for all in one space. I wish I could customize my dashboard for my needs.
  • I want to be able to delete old exported reports but there doesn't seem to be that option.
  • I wish they would go back to the old look of the website. I know it is redundant but that is really my only complaint.
If you have a group or base of people that you would like to reach regarding your business then EZ Texting is for you. You can upload a list of numbers or manually put them in to send whatever message you like. If you want a hub or group setting that includes work and mobile devices, this is the perfect platform for you to stay connected. If you want a system that is easy enough for your 8 year old to use then EZ Texting is for you. Now with the company that I work for, each of our messages has to be different so we cannot upload a list of numbers and just mass text. We have to enter each one individually but even with that being said, it is so easy to do with little time and effort spent. For instance, I can pull the list of patient appointments for tomorrow and go into EZ texting, copy and past my canned text for each location, input that patient's appointment time and set the text to go out at 8 a.m. the next morning even though I don't arrive to work until 9 a.m.
Read TeraMichelle Boyland's full review
Erin Dearing | TrustRadius Reviewer
EZ Texting helps me to stay in contact with my busy customers. I find that emails get lost in the shuffle and direct mail is a thing of the past, but when I text my clients they respond quickly and are happy they didn't miss out. I use it mostly for promotions and once in a while for general communication as well. It helps us get our name out there very cost effectively!
  • It's easy to create a quick good looking text.
  • Whether you need text only, photos or a link, EZ Texting makes it super easy to incorporate.
  • They have wonderful customer service, very quick and helpful!
  • I haven't run into any issues yet.
It's great for promoting events or specials we have going on. I even use it occasionally with specific groups to remind them an ordering deadline is coming up or I send them out as meeting reminders. The possibilities are endless!
Read Erin Dearing's full review

About EZ Texting

Since 2004, EZ Texting has served over 160K customers, setting the standard for business texting in the U.S. and Canada. The vendor says their platform delivers the smartest, fastest, easiest, and most reliable ways to connect with your mobile audience.

EZ Texting’s cloud-based messaging solutions can help you provide better customer service, streamline communications, grow and nurture your leads, and improve your outreach efforts. Send smarter with EZ Texting.

The vendor says some of the benefits of text marketing include:

• 600% More Engagement Than Email