Reviews (26-50 of 176)
- More and more prescriptive. They've invested a metric ton in a body of content that you can leverage inside your business to evangelize customer success as a stand-alone domain.
- Forgiving services model. While structured around an SOW, they're flexible and focused on success.
- Community. It's rare to see a company their size spend so much time on events, but it's a rewarding investment on their part and your part - you do meet and learn from the people who are good at this, and they do a great job facilitating.
- Prescriptive business applications ecosystem. A point of view here, and content around that, would be a huge win.
- Prescriptive career tracks. Given customer success is a new domain, a lot of the first generation came out of customer service. The new generation is coming from other places, and forging that ground is hard solo.
- Gainsight does an excellent job of listening to product feedback given through their Community, implementing those changes when they determine they are a need for many customers, and then informing users that the changes have been implemented.
- Gainsight is an excellent tool for automating lifecycle communications with customers while still maintaining a personalized touch, thereby allowing us to scale our operations.
- Gainsight has a good lineup of integration options to allow us to bring all of our customer data into one place to have a unified customer record.
- Gainsight could do a better job of allowing for one-off exceptions. It does a great job of helping to address the needs of the majority of our customers, but when one customer's needs create a special use case, it is rather difficult to make adjustments for that one customer.
- Editing programs created through the Journey Orchestrator is very difficult. Sometimes we need to make a small change to the criteria of a program after we have already started running it, but we can't do this without ending the program, cloning it, and starting an entirely new program.
- Tracking customer health and adoption and assessing customer risk
- Communicating effectively to your customer base at a large scale
- Creating success plans for each individual customer
- The relationships module is not fully developed and has not worked well for our organization
- Reporting is powerful but can be a little clunky at times
- Mass email communication had issues early on, but most have been fixed at this point
- Overall customer health scoring and tracking
- NPS and CSAT surveys and reporting
- Call to Action (CTA) Automation
- Configuration can be tricky with self-service
- Reporting and insights could be more advanced
- Reporting/Dashboards. At first, depending on how your Data is loaded, it can be a little overwhelming when first in the Report Builder. But once you understand where your data is coming from - ensuring you are pulling the proper fields...It's amazing and VERY simple to use!
- Gainsight Community. As an ADMIN of the software - I find that their Community is one of the bests around! Having the ability to post a comment and get feedback from people all over is amazing! Another perk of the community is also reading how others are using the software. Reading how some people were handling certain issues and how they resolved it with the software has helped us update some of our configurations.
- Support. Their actual support is also amazing! Friendly, courtesy - and they treat your problem as their problem!
- Their User Interface is one of the best that I've seen. Making it easy for a user to navigate to various sections of the software - it's a real treat compared to some of our former CRMs.
- Have a full-time ADMIN. Gainsight is very back ending heavy during the initial setup and configuration of the software - especially if you're converting. But once you get it going - it's awesome!
- Customer Health scoring is used to evaluate the health of our customers and drives proactive efficiencies for our CSMs
- Tech Touch assists in automating outreaches.
- Dashboards provide valuable reports to our team.
- Gainsight Support needs to improve their documentation from an Admin perspective.
- Gainsight to SFDC linking needs to be enabled for MDA data, not just SFDC objects.
- Success SnapShot needs to have more fonts, formatting options for PPT.
- Bionic Rule Capabilities -- Rules engine is extremely powerful. The way I look at it is as if it's a bonafide ETL tool living inside a workflow management tool. Through rules you can put together powerful queries that really makes your workflow management great.
- C360 -- Gainsight excels at being able to bring in all sorts of data into one place.
- Call to actions - Through the rules engine call to actions can be incredibly specific so we can target any point of the customer lifecycle with strategic ctas based off our data.
- I think that reporting functionality is getting there. Inline calculations would be a huge improvement. Filtering on Aggregated fields also would be nice.
- I think being unable to edit programs once they are on is very concerning. Why can't participants be brought in under some sort of logic, then we can edit and tweak as we iterate upon our first program?
- Automated outreaches - allows for being able to scale.
- Calls to action - allows for the use of automation to monitor data and create actionable items based on the data; scalability.
- Reporting- allows quick/easy access to reporting on customer health with automated, actionable items.
- The backend setup of Gainsight is not that intuitive.
- Email formatting is difficult
- Would like to see rules setup in a template to choose from
Review: "Benefits and Opportunities for Improvement with Gainsight for an On-prem Multi-product Company"
- One location for all CS work
- Flexible reporting and easy to configure dashboards
- Native integration with SFDC
- Ginsight is a great product but needs more help to cope with the complexity of an on-prem multi-product enterprise company.
- Would be great to be able to access Gainsight independently from Salesforce
- The functionality to share dashboards to non-GS users is a great idea and would be really good to see more development in upcoming releases in terms of ways to share the dashboards and making the usage smoother, especially for bigger data sets
- Very deep integration possibilities with SFDC allow highly sophisticated business logic and rules to be constructed.
- Pulling together of lots of disparate sources of information into a unified view is a substantial time saver and allows clearer 'big picture' context.
- Creation of dashboards that present lots of reports in a single view allows for quick analysis.
- The Program feature is complex to manage and counter intuitive in certain areas. A simple revision requires the whole program to be cloned and a new version created.
- Greater customisation around the report presentation would be useful, such as the colours used - sometimes it is hard to see.
- Better slicing and dicing around NPS (by region, team, etc) as far as NPS score is concerned. Out of the box you just get a global value.
If however you have a complex data structure and want to produce bespoke and challenging business rules, then with the appropriate investment in resources you can achieve most things.
- Integration with Salesforce.
- Mass communications made and tracked with ease.
- Flexible Health Scores!
- Timeline is great, but quite silo'd.
- Would love to see a widget that allowed timeline/notes to be taken outside of the platform. Gainsight Sally for Slack is useful but it's a tool many sign-out of in a meeting environment.
- The timeline feature allows you to create a diary within a customer's profile and you can easily distinguish what each entry is e.g call, meeting. You can also say if that call was positive or negative, how long it took and who was on the call internally and externally.
- Gainsight connects back to SFDC and all activities are logged so there's no need for anyone to have access to Gainsight if they're not going to proactively be using it.
- The cockpit allows you to segment your to do list for today, tomorrow, next week, month or year!
- Needs an App
- Needs more reporting features
Review: "Gainsight is a powerful tool to dive in to the details on a customer and get a high-level view of your customer base"
- I enjoy using the Timeline feature to keep track of each customer I work with to ensure their success.
- I like having the CTA's readily accessible in a global view for all customers so I can gauge where I am on certain open tasks.
- The ties into Salesforce are very useful so that others in our company can stay updated on customer health.
- Shifting from Timeline to Detailed view could be better for viewing of notes and product/customer details.
- Reporting and Dashboards could be more visibly appealing and have more easily accessible information. I hear there was a new release this week, so some of this might be addressed.
- Multi-product views could be improved, and losing score card information when customers purchase multiple products is really tough to go through!
- Excellent at sending automated emails and generated semi-templated emails with auto-generated content.
- Great at generating account health scores based off data from multiple sources (CRM, product, 3rd parties, etc.)
- Great at logging activities via the timeline feature for an account.
- Graphing/Data Visualization functionality is very limited.
Additionally Gainsight is very helpful in our managed portfolio in helping to automate some administrative tasks, while still allowing reporting on the cadence of customer engagements and updates.
- Integration (automatic or more manual - e.g. using CSV files) with other data sets (e.g. for support and product usage).
- Configurable customer dashboards - showing key stats and data relevant to that customer.
- Industry best practice information and insights.
- Flexible solution that can be tailored to our specific product and team requirements.
- Local (geographically) support services.
- More regional support and services - think beyond just the USA.
- Tailored professional services packages - e.g. self contained for small and large deliverables.
- More automated out of the box integrations.
- Well suited to customer success team and organisations that need to quickly scale up.
- Less suited to smaller teams and operations (and lower cost).
- Timeline -- allows accounts managers to record events. You can detail date, time, who was involved, how long it lasted, and an open notes section. You can also log clients missing/skipping interactions
- Calls to Action (CTAs) -- can set up one-time or recurring CTAs across the entire organization. Helps to prioritize actions and work collaboratively across teams.
- Recording Scores -- the ability to record customer health scores. Allows for a quick summary view of health that can be expanded on in the notes/timeline
- CTAs are are used rather broadly, would like a specific recurring accounts update section
- Would love an integration with Google calendar to automatically log my calls
- Requires a high degree of training to know the ins and outs. A more robust knowledge base with training videos would be awesome!
Would not recommend for a smaller, centralized organization where the entire company can collaborate physically in the same office. It would be useful, but the cost may not outweigh the benefits.
- Allows us to the ability to track any and all escalations a customer might have
- Helps us keep an accurate temperature of customer status, by simply looking at the acct we can gauge if the customer is referenceable or not
- Helps track NPS score for our clients
- Wish we had the ability without having to push a refresh button to update directly into SF
- Activity History
- keep track of the status of customers
- track tickets/types/sources
- Triggering actions based on knowledge and information gathered from the account.
- Showcasing a 360-degree view of the customer account.
- Giving you the capability of aligning multiple sub-customers under the same customer by the relationship View.
- Since Gainsight works on top of Salesforce lightning can be a bit latent in Speed and Performance.
- There is no way to get alerts for individual accounts you only can set up a feed which gives you alerts for all the accounts.
- Frequent timeout errors.
- Great reporting and dashboards.
- Our single source of truth for customer info.
- Excellent thought leadership.
- Administration can be complex
- Gainsight is dependent on your Salesforce data being accurate.
- Integration of Salesforce data
- Live and accurate client health scores
- Great task management per account with checklists
- Theme selection, colors and backrround color selection
- Touch friendly App style access with all the desktop web portal functionality
- Customer 360 View. Gainsight provides a holistic view of elements of customer health including risk, adoption, advocacy, engagement, etc.
- Customer Communication. Gainsight has a great communication engine allowing us to ensure customers receive the right message at the right time.
- Customer Lifecycle Management.
- The reporting functionality is not as robust as it could be.
Gainsight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Gainsight says they enable business transformation through their passionate community, proven expertise, and cutting edge technology. In addition to the largest customer success community, the vendor says they also have a diverse, 333+ customer base spanning across Fortune 1000 companies such as HP, Cisco and Adobe and growth businesses like Box and Shopify.
Via their community and customers, Gainsight says they have developed deep expertise around customer success best practices which are embedded into the product. Additionally, the vendor says 50% of their company headcount is dedicated to R&D, and that their platform can serve business needs across various customer segments. The vendor’s value proposition is that their product innovations are consistently first to market and built to scale from day one.
Gainsight says their customers see an average of 4% higher retention and 20% faster growth than their peers.
Based on a per user/per month model.
Gainsight Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||30%|
Gainsight Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Gainsight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|