Reviews (51-55 of 55)
- It's user friendly which makes it easy to teach someone how to use the basic features.
- Many nonprofit agencies tend to use QuickBooks so I like that it uses language that nonprofits use. For instance, you can use one chart of accounts and use classes or categories to track different programs or events.
- You can have two company files open at once which is great if you're trying to compare data between the two.
- We use their Payment Network which basically allows our customers to pay online with a credit card. It's worked great except that we thought we could use it with more than one bank account. Only after we sent out invoices, did we realize this which caused us to have to transfer funds between two different bank accounts. I had to call the QuickBooks support to clear it up but it never said anywhere that you could only use one bank account at a time.
- Also, something else is that the Payment Network does not tie into any of the event registration software that we use which means we can't have them pay directly into our account. We have to first invoice our customers and on the invoice is a link to the payment network that is tied to that invoice.
- Tracking employee leave time (sick and vacation) has always been an issue for as long as I've been using QuickBooks. There have been times when it has not taken off vacation from the overall total even though it's coded as vacation on the paycheck. We just use a separate Excel spreadsheet to track the actual amount.
- Everything is labeled really simply so you know exactly what each function is for.
- The layout is user-friendly.
- You don't have to use every single module or function available to benefit from having it.
- I wish there was flexibility to change the layout so that I don't see items that I don't use like payroll.
- It's not the most attractive edition.
- One can have two companies open at the same time. We have many entities and it helps when comparing the inter-company expenses. The opening of second company and the switching between them is seamless which is a plus.
- I like the fact that we can password protect audited years. For example, if we would like to close a year, it is easy to do and we can password protect. Just in case we attempt enter a journal entry in a closed year (by mistake), we get an alert that the year is closed and we need to enter the password to proceed. This helps with errors
- I particularly like the duplicate invoice option. This saves a lot of time!
- QuickBooks crashes often. I don't know if it's because I might be doing work rather quickly but it crashes. Although I called customer support with the problem and it has gotten better.
- The naming option for scanned documents needs to be updated. I would like to use / sometimes I forget that this is not allowed and I then need to try to find the scanned item in the appropriate folder.
- I would like to cut individual checks to the same vendor and I am not allowed to do that. I need to cut one check, and then go back in and cut the other. There should be an option to allow me to group or itemize check payments.
- Managing AR and cutting checks
- Producing basic financial statements and reports needed to reconcile accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- AR module. Depending how you entered your AR (JE's vs Bills) applying payments can sometimes be difficult
- Advanced Reporting
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a widely-used accounting package designed for smaller organizations. It is the top of the QuickBooks line, with the highest scaling the vendor offers. Enterprise enables up to 30 users and greater capacity than other Quickbooks products. In includes dedicated versions for contracting, manufacturing and wholesale, nonprofit, retail, and professional services.
Pricing starts at $3,000 for five users, and goes up depending on the number of additional users. They also offer an Advanced Inventory module for $999 / year that includes greater inventory management and shipping functionality.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Integrations
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Competitors
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Technical Details