QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a widely-used accounting package designed for smaller organizations. It is the top of the QuickBooks line. Pricing starts at $3,000 for five users, and goes up depending on the number of additional users. They also offer an Advanced Inventory module for $999 / year.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/ll/4h/1SCUH2WHQXSH.JPEGQuickbooks, A necessary evil.QuickBooks Enterprise Solution is used for external bookkeeping for clients.,Easy for non-accounting personal to use Affordable,Requires too much system resources Needs centralized management module for accountants End User support is terrible,1,Easy to implement on the client side.,Sage,Creative Solutions Accounting,1,Fewer than 25% of my clientsBest Accounting Software for Nonprofits...not too expensive and a great tool to keep track of finances!We use QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions for our small trade association and there are two of us that use it. I'm the administrator and our bookkeeper uses it on a daily basis. It's used for all our financial reporting, banking and we recently started using it to process credit cards for the first time last year.,It's user friendly which makes it easy to teach someone how to use the basic features. Many nonprofit agencies tend to use QuickBooks so I like that it uses language that nonprofits use. For instance, you can use one chart of accounts and use classes or categories to track different programs or events. You can have two company files open at once which is great if you're trying to compare data between the two.,We use their Payment Network which basically allows our customers to pay online with a credit card. It's worked great except that we thought we could use it with more than one bank account. Only after we sent out invoices, did we realize this which caused us to have to transfer funds between two different bank accounts. I had to call the QuickBooks support to clear it up but it never said anywhere that you could only use one bank account at a time. Also, something else is that the Payment Network does not tie into any of the event registration software that we use which means we can't have them pay directly into our account. We have to first invoice our customers and on the invoice is a link to the payment network that is tied to that invoice. Tracking employee leave time (sick and vacation) has always been an issue for as long as I've been using QuickBooks. There have been times when it has not taken off vacation from the overall total even though it's coded as vacation on the paycheck. We just use a separate Excel spreadsheet to track the actual amount.,8,Better monthly financial reports for our board of directors. It has given our customers/members an easy way to pay for things online with the Payment Network (which does cost extra). And it's great because their payments get downloaded directly into QuickBooks and there is no double entry of data. Plus we don't have to take anyone's credit card information. Has helped us keep track of one of our grants and is easy to pull reports from which save us time.,,10Great Stepping Stone to Other QB EditionsQuickBooks Enterprise Solutions is being used by my company as a backup that we can reference when there are financial questions from 2 or more years ago. It is only used by my department since we handle all of the accounting and financial functions across the organization. It helps us answer questions we receive today about previous transactions and checks. We have lots of independent contractors who write for us, so some people only get 1 or 2 checks from us while others get checks regularly for years. Since it’s impossible to remember everyone, using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions when questions arise is great. It’s simple, user-friendly, and has all the usual functions that any other QuickBooks version has. I use it to pull reports, look up old checks, and even assist people who have questions about old 1099s.,Everything is labeled really simply so you know exactly what each function is for. The layout is user-friendly. You don't have to use every single module or function available to benefit from having it.,I wish there was flexibility to change the layout so that I don't see items that I don't use like payroll. It's not the most attractive edition.,5,It let us see how inefficient some of our processes are since we use so many different programs across the orgnization. It has helped make our customer service better since we are able to answer questions about old payments to our vendors' satisfaction.,QuickBooks Online,2Quickbooks appropriate for small firmsWe use QuickBooks in the accounting department. Our organization uses it mainly for fund and management company accounting. It keeps us organized.,One can have two companies open at the same time. We have many entities and it helps when comparing the inter-company expenses. The opening of second company and the switching between them is seamless which is a plus. I like the fact that we can password protect audited years. For example, if we would like to close a year, it is easy to do and we can password protect. Just in case we attempt enter a journal entry in a closed year (by mistake), we get an alert that the year is closed and we need to enter the password to proceed. This helps with errors I particularly like the duplicate invoice option. This saves a lot of time!,QuickBooks crashes often. I don't know if it's because I might be doing work rather quickly but it crashes. Although I called customer support with the problem and it has gotten better. The naming option for scanned documents needs to be updated. I would like to use / sometimes I forget that this is not allowed and I then need to try to find the scanned item in the appropriate folder. I would like to cut individual checks to the same vendor and I am not allowed to do that. I need to cut one check, and then go back in and cut the other. There should be an option to allow me to group or itemize check payments.,7,For our company, the positive impact is that it has kept us organized. It's easy to run reports and group information which decreases turnaround time thus increasing productivity. A negative is that tracking who created or edited certain things you will find out after a few clicks. It won't show up under the journal entry for example.,,9QuickBooks Is Great!We used QuickBooks' Enterprise Solutions as our main accounting platform. It was used for paying bills, entering AR, reconciling bank statements, etc. We used it to produce month end and year end financial statements as well as other Ad-Hoc reports that were needed. The product was not used in other departments across the organization.,Managing AR and cutting checks Producing basic financial statements and reports needed to reconcile accounts Bank reconciliations,AR module. Depending how you entered your AR (JE's vs Bills) applying payments can sometimes be difficult Advanced Reporting,8,Accuracy of Financial Statements Timing of Data Entry Increase Efficiency Better Customer Service,,8
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 320 vetted QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise reviews and ratings

QuickBooks Enterprise Solution is used for external bookkeeping for clients.
  • Easy for non-accounting personal to use
  • Affordable
  • Requires too much system resources
  • Needs centralized management module for accountants
  • End User support is terrible
Cost is the only factor for using this product.
  • It's user friendly which makes it easy to teach someone how to use the basic features.
  • Many nonprofit agencies tend to use QuickBooks so I like that it uses language that nonprofits use. For instance, you can use one chart of accounts and use classes or categories to track different programs or events.
  • You can have two company files open at once which is great if you're trying to compare data between the two.
  • We use their Payment Network which basically allows our customers to pay online with a credit card. It's worked great except that we thought we could use it with more than one bank account. Only after we sent out invoices, did we realize this which caused us to have to transfer funds between two different bank accounts. I had to call the QuickBooks support to clear it up but it never said anywhere that you could only use one bank account at a time.
  • Also, something else is that the Payment Network does not tie into any of the event registration software that we use which means we can't have them pay directly into our account. We have to first invoice our customers and on the invoice is a link to the payment network that is tied to that invoice.
  • Tracking employee leave time (sick and vacation) has always been an issue for as long as I've been using QuickBooks. There have been times when it has not taken off vacation from the overall total even though it's coded as vacation on the paycheck. We just use a separate Excel spreadsheet to track the actual amount.
I think it's great for nonprofits - even the less expensive versions of QuickBooks. This version might actually be too advanced for most nonprofits since you aren't tracking inventory or items like a retail company might do so why pay more when you don't need all those extra perks. You will want to decide whether to pay for a payroll subscription or not. It's very handy for us and does our direct deposit; which is nice not having to deal with printing checks - so I think its worth the extra cost.
  • Everything is labeled really simply so you know exactly what each function is for.
  • The layout is user-friendly.
  • You don't have to use every single module or function available to benefit from having it.
  • I wish there was flexibility to change the layout so that I don't see items that I don't use like payroll.
  • It's not the most attractive edition.
It really depends on a few things. Examples include how large the company is, what functions they'll be using, how much they want to pay for an accounting tool, etc. QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions had too many functions for my organization since we use separate tools for payroll, tracking employees time, and even for creating invoices. But for an organization who wants to use one tool for all of those functions plus for reporting purposes, then it would be great.
  • One can have two companies open at the same time. We have many entities and it helps when comparing the inter-company expenses. The opening of second company and the switching between them is seamless which is a plus.
  • I like the fact that we can password protect audited years. For example, if we would like to close a year, it is easy to do and we can password protect. Just in case we attempt enter a journal entry in a closed year (by mistake), we get an alert that the year is closed and we need to enter the password to proceed. This helps with errors
  • I particularly like the duplicate invoice option. This saves a lot of time!
  • QuickBooks crashes often. I don't know if it's because I might be doing work rather quickly but it crashes. Although I called customer support with the problem and it has gotten better.
  • The naming option for scanned documents needs to be updated. I would like to use / sometimes I forget that this is not allowed and I then need to try to find the scanned item in the appropriate folder.
  • I would like to cut individual checks to the same vendor and I am not allowed to do that. I need to cut one check, and then go back in and cut the other. There should be an option to allow me to group or itemize check payments.
I believe QuickBooks Enterprise works well for small companies. I don't see it working efficiently in large companies. Needs to work on improving many things especially simple things like check cutting.
  • Managing AR and cutting checks
  • Producing basic financial statements and reports needed to reconcile accounts
  • Bank reconciliations
  • AR module. Depending how you entered your AR (JE's vs Bills) applying payments can sometimes be difficult
  • Advanced Reporting
QuickBooks is is perfect for simple to moderate sized companies. On occasion, companies with advanced reporting needs or consolidated reporting needs may find QuickBooks to not work well for them. The lack of an import feature makes advanced companies with high amounts of transactions limited in what they can use the product for.

Pay calculation (33)
Benefit plan administration (20)
Direct deposit files (32)
Salary revision and increment management (27)
Reimbursement management (27)
API for custom integration (13)
6.7
Plug-ins (19)
Single sign-on capability (36)
Role-based user permissions (39)
Dashboards (40)
Bank reconciliation (46)
Expense management (40)
Time tracking (23)
5.8
Fixed asset management (34)
Multi-currency support (19)
5.3
Multi-division support (33)
6.2
Regulations compliance (21)
5.3
Electronic tax filing (22)
Self-service portal (15)
Global Financial Support (4)
5.1
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (7)
Intercompany Accounting (8)
Localizations (5)
6.1
Journals and Reconciliations (19)
Enterprise Accounting (12)
Configurable Accounting (11)
Centralized Rules Framework (7)
Standardized Processes (13)
Manufacturing module (16)
5.7
Pricing (31)
Order entry (30)
Credit card processing (25)
Cost of goods sold (29)
Order Orchestration (7)
End-to-end order visibility (7)
Order exception Resolution (7)

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a widely-used accounting package designed for smaller organizations. It is the top of the QuickBooks line, with the highest scaling the vendor offers. Enterprise enables up to 30 users and greater capacity than other Quickbooks products. In includes dedicated versions for contracting, manufacturing and wholesale, nonprofit, retail, and professional services.

Pricing starts at $3,000 for five users, and goes up depending on the number of additional users. They also offer an Advanced Inventory module for $999 / year that includes greater inventory management and shipping functionality.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Integrations