Based on 2362 reviews and ratings
From LogMeIn, GoToWebinar is a webinar solution that helps teams plan, promote, and execute webinars. Zoom is a unified communications platform that includes web and video conferencing, team messaging, voice calls, conference room software, and webinar capabilities. However, Zoom’s core platform is primarily used to host video meetings. Zoom Video Webinar is a more appropriate product for the webinar use case.
Both GoToWebinar and the Zoom platform offer users several webinar features including:
- customizable emails and webinar registration pages
- screen sharing
- interactive elements like polls and Q&A
- participant and panelist controls
- webinar recording
- reporting and analytics
- integrations with third-party marketing and sales software
- Ability to collect payments from attendees
However, each platform has a few unique features to consider as well.
GoToWebinar also offers users 24/7 phone support, unlimited cloud storage (even on their free plan), video sharing, ‘Webinar channel’/events landing page creation, and GoToStage which allows users to host recorded webinar content after the live event. In comparison, cloud storage is a paid add-on and is not built into the webinar solution. GoToWebinar users can host webinars with up to 3,000 participants. However, Zoom allows users to host webinars with up to 10,000 view-only attendees on their highest-priced plan.
Zoom’s webinar product allows webinar hosts to display up to 100 live video feeds at once and stream webinars across social media channels with Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and other integration services. It also offers virtual backgrounds, a pre-webinar session room, and whiteboard capabilities for panelists. Webinar attendees can also take advantage of Zoom’s hand raising feature.
However, as noted above, these are Zoom Video Webinar features and are not available through the Zoom Meetings product.
Each platform has a few limitations to be aware of. For example, compared with Zoom’s webinar product, GoToWebinar hosts a relatively smaller number of attendees (3,000 vs. up to 10,000). For both products, webinar attendees first need to download the client application (either desktop or mobile) before being able to join the webinar. However, if the user is hosting a GoToWebinar in webcast mode, attendees can join as audio-only attendees via web browser.
GoToWebinar also does not offer group or private chatting within the webinar whereas Zoom Video Webinar does. One key thing to note: the core Zoom platform is better suited for online meetings and conferences—not webinars. So software buyers interested in using Zoom’s webinar component should consider Zoom Video Webinar instead.
Both GoToWebinar and Zoom have subscription pricing plans billed either monthly or annually. GoToWebinar’s plans range from $49 per host per month for 100 participants to $399 per host per month for up to 3,000 participants. It also provides users with a free trial of the software.
On the other hand, Zoom has separate pricing for its core meetings platform and webinar solution. Zoom Meeting’s free version allows up to 100 meeting participants but has a meeting time limit of 40 mins.
Zoom Video Webinar does not offer a free version, and it’s mid-tier plans are more expensive than GoToWebinar’s plans for a smaller number of webinar attendees. For example, Zoom Video Webinar charges $340 per license per month for up to 1,000 participants while GoToMeeting lets users host webinars with up to 3,000 attendees for about $60 more.
However, Zoom Video Webinar can accommodate a much larger number of webinar participants than GoToWebinar; its highest-priced plan costs $6,490 per license per month but allows for up to 10,000 attendees.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on August 24, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
recommend this application to the entire business sector; this tool will
help you get rid of extra expense that
[was] spent on traveling, this software gives you freedom of work and it is
available in various plans based on your team size, thus they allow you to
choose according to the budget.
Feature Rating Comparison
High quality audio
High quality video
Low bandwidth requirements
Record meetings / events
Integrates with social media
Participant roles & permissions
Confidential attendee list
Integration to Marketing Automation
- The quality and clarity of the recordings in GoToWebinar are good. Clients tend to like the sound and visual when they receive the link to watch.
- GoToWebinar is also really quick with saving and providing a link to watch the webinar almost immediately once the recording is finished. This is great because we are able to quickly push the content out to the rest of the company and our clients.
- Another thing we enjoy about GoToWebinar is the overall layout of the toolbar during a recording. It is easy to maneuver and even a first time person recording content is able to quickly learn the functions without having to completely walk through it with someone more experienced.
- It just works. Biggest complaint with our previous solution is that it took 10 minutes to connect to a meeting. Now, our users connect instantaneously.
- Dashboard is fantasitic. Can access real time information to troubleshoot calls.
- Admin ports offers quite a bit of information. Like that it's a one stop shop to access everything I need to administer the site, users, run reports and access the dashboard.
- Tickets get resolved quickly.
- Feature requests are realized quickly.
- The chat feature is kind of a mess. It's not really convenient to prioritize or sort messages from attendees if there is an influx of messages, as the chat is one block that is color coded based on who the messages are intended for. Adding to that, it becomes incredibly inconvenient if there is more than a couple handfuls of attendees present, as the chat ends up being a steady stream of messages, and so parsing out the important questions or comments requires scrolling back up through the chat in order to parse them out.
- Using it for recording practice interviews and playing back for critiquing, is awkward and kludgy at best. The steps are: Record the session, then END THE MEETING so that Zoom can save the recording. Then get the recording ready to play, then have the client log in AGAIN, you log in AGAIN, share the screen, play the recording.
- Zoom should make it possible to have the interviewer, especially if the practice interview is recorded, to make themselves SMALL throughout the whole recording so that *the candidate* is the focus on the screen. Neither the Speaker view or the Gallery view does this.
- There should be a separate timer on Zoom for the recording portion of the screen. I realize I can do this myself manually, but why can’t Zoom do it for me?
- Zoom needs to have a way to get feedback like this. I could not find a way to give them this feedback on their product, on their site or in the dashboard. All we get is a database that is tone deaf. Nowhere could I find any "Feedback? Click here." Not good.
- If by these suggestions I’m asking for more functionality, I understand an increased cost. But small companies like mine cannot pay hundreds of dollars a month - please have a very functional version that small firms can still afford. Thank you.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Return on Investment
- If you're selling high ticket items on a webinar, GoToWebinar is a great platform to use.
- As you increase the number of attendees, so does your monthly price. Essentially you're paying $1 per person on the lowest plan per month.
- I think that the pricing plans are outdated since the number of attendees does not cost more to the software provider.
- Zoom has really helped our travel costs! Zoom's technology has made it possible for us to have a wonderful uninterrupted high-quality experience. With such a high standard met for video conferencing, the need for meeting in person or traveling for meetings has shrunk significantly, which has also helped shrink our carbon footprint.
- Zoom has helped us significantly increase our productivity. Most of our information users weren't using our previous tech because the experience just wasn't there. With Zoom, they feel more confident in the video tech, and that has increased engagement during meetings ten-fold.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
GoToWebinar Editions & Modules
- 100 Participants
- 250 Participants
- 500 Participants
- 3,000 Participants
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Zoom Editions & Modules
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||$491|
- per month
- per month/per license