In layman's terms, when we want to do an experiment very quickly but …
a/b experiment testing (9)
Multivariate testing (9)
Test significance (9)
Split URL testing (8)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Convert Experiences, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $999 per month
Convert Experiences is a flicker-free A/B testing & personalization tool boasting users across 5000+ websites by brands like Sony, Unicef & Jabra.
Convert Experiences’ offers enterprise-ready advanced features like multi-page testing, post-segmentation, advanced targeting with 40+ filters, DMP profiling and a secure API. Self-service pricing starts at $699 per month (when paid annually).
Includes 90+ out of the box integrations in a privacy compliant platform that uses 1st party cookies.
- Supported: a/b experiment testing
- Supported: Split URL testing
- Supported: Multivariate testing
- Supported: Multi-page/funnel testing
- Supported: Cross-browser testing
- Supported: Test significance
- Supported: Visual / WYSIWYG editor
- Supported: Advanced code editor
- Supported: Preview mode
- Supported: Client-side tests
- Supported: Server-side tests
- Supported: Mutually exclusive tests
- Supported: Standard visitor segmentation
- Supported: Behavioral visitor segmentation
- Supported: Traffic allocation control
- Supported: Website personalization
- Supported: Conversion tracking
- Supported: Goal tracking
- Supported: Test reporting
- Supported: Results segmentation
- Supported: API
- Supported: Unlimited Projects and Unlimited Number of Collaborators
- Supported: One Code Installation
- Supported: Google Analytics Integration
- Supported: Full Test Control
- Supported: Automatic Bounce and Engagement Measurement
- Supported: 100+ Integrations
- Supported: Cross-domain Testing and Tracking
- Supported: Third-Party Goal Tracking
- Supported: Geo/Demographic Targeting
- Supported: Multiple Conversion Goals
- Supported: Real-Time Results and Reports
- Supported: QA with Live Logs
- Supported: Alerts and Notifications
- Supported: Funnel Testing
- Supported: Team Collaboration
- Supported: Email Support
- Supported: Chat Support
- Supported: Phone Support
- Supported: Unlimited Subdomains
- Supported: Unlimited Clients
- Supported: Unlimited Personalization Traffic
- Supported: Smartlnsert Blink Protection
- Supported: Advanced Custom Targeting
- Supported: DMP Profiling
- Supported: Account Manager
- Analytic Call Tracking
- Contentsquare (Clicktale)
- Crazy Egg
- Google Analytics
- HubSpot Marketing Hub
- Instapage, by Postclick
- Twilio WebRTC, part of Twilio CPaaS
- Magento Commerce
- part of Adobe Commerce Cloud
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||23%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||59%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||6%|
- The platform is good value for money, comparing its features and prices to some of the bigger players.
- The tool is very flexible and can be used for simpler tests right through to much more challenging and rewarding testing but does require a more thorough knowledge of the platform.
- Their support team is always available and always responsive, not resting until resolutions are met.
- We are aggressive testers and have demanding clients, and if there was any part of the Convert platform where I'd like to see improvement, it would be in the reporting section where I feel a vertical report could present in a more readable fashion to the users.
- New pricing module on the product page.
- New checkout layout.
- Setting and QA goals.
- Hi-level analytics.
- Very easy to use. If you have a team you need to train on how to use this software - it can be easily done given how user friendly it is.
- Easy to implement. Once the script is implemented - you can begin A/B testing immediately. It's not a long and arduous process to get the set up work done unlike other softwares.
- Love how the data is presented - easy to read and make informed design changes for our client's websites.
- I recommend integrating more third party softwares with convert to help better analyze the data
- I recommend having the ability to integrate with more custom CRM's
- Customizable goals pinpoint exactly the data points we are testing. Our tests will range from just a couple of goals to several.
- Built-in audiences make it easy for us to capture mobile vs desktop users, or even to only test during weekdays or business hours.
- Convert Experiences has a higher price point, but the value easily outweighs the cost.
- Easy test setup with lots of preconfigured options and simple enough to construct your own.
- Awesome Support team! Can't say enough about their responsiveness and willingness to dig in and review my test set up if I encounter any issues (rarely though).
- Love the test snapshots. I've used other products in the past that didn't provide this simple feature.
- Occasionally I need one of our developers to assist with test setup and their feedback has been very positive.
- Really, no major issues from our usage. This platform works very well for the level of consumer/company that it is geared for. I have used more features on Adobe Target when I used that extensively in the past but then again I paid 15 times more on an annual basis.
- Convert Experiences is fast and easy to use. This ease of use makes it more likely that the optimization process gets done regularly.
- The interface is intuitive.
- Customer service is phenomenally fast and helpful. Best of all, they care. They want to see their customers succeed.
- I'm sure there are ways they could improve but I don't see them. I'm quite happy with the product as is.
- There is barely any flicker, compared to other tools we've used in the past (dealbreaker!).
- No invalid experiments caused by flickering.
- Good support guiding us on the best way to solve a certain problem, Claudiu and George on the support team are quick and very thorough, they won't fob you off. Convert is also rather ethical.
- Also, we're on Convert's partnership scheme.
- Our developers prefer it for coding to the likes of VWO.
- Dennis van der Heijden is also very active in the CRO community
- You can't segment much within the reporting, but we use other tools to do this.
- Experiments sometimes 'call' themselves which is a feature I'd like to have turned off by default for all experiments.
- Fast Response - I have used other platforms that were really slow so this is important to us.
- Good Reporting - As an account manager reporting is important to me to show clients value - this platform is very easy to use in that respect.
- Support is good - If ever we have an issue the Convert support team has been very helpful and responsive.
- A Trello-like workspace to show tests status in the workflow would be great.
- Perhaps a test archive so you can search old test data.
- Customer service
- Price point
- Focused design, no feature bloat
- Ease of use
- Technical limitations for power users/developers
- UI could be streamlined even more
- Audience targeting IN ADDITION to all that fancy DMP targeting. This means I can define demographics or other data as a qualifier AS WELL as the previously mentioned qualifier. This can be setup in so many ways: Traffic source, Visitor Data, Include / Exclude users part of a current experiment (!!), Date/Time, Device/Browser/OS, JS Conditon
- Real-time reporting that makes sense to the whole company to view. Seriously, I can share a Convert Report to any level of intelligence on my team and they understand what's happening.
- Audiences and Goals are saved as presets, so your entire team can use them. Using the example above, we have an audience called "Wrote a Review" that we exclude from the Review Prompt treatments.
- Their customer support is seriously fast at answering questions. I've never had to wait more than a day.
- You will immediately experience frustration (at least as a developer using JS Conditions) with the CDN times. Experiments often don't appear to you after saving new JS for up to 5 minutes. This can be crazy painful if you're going from Local Development > Staging > Production.
- There are some minor UI quirks inside the experiment editor if you're using the more advanced features like we do.
- It's almost mandatory that you're onboarded by a human. There's so much to this tool it'd be pretty hard for you to just dive in like some other apps. If you're like me that can be a bit frustrating. Some people need that though and enjoy the human touch, so I hate even giving this as a negative.
- Fast! Way faster than the competition to move around the tool and get things done.
- Easy to use - UI is easy to understand and set up tests.
- WYSIWYG editor can produce previews that don't match testing reality.
- Not the simplest integration for eCommerce clients.
- Occasionally confusing when making changes in editor.
- The great service and the many data points you get with each plan. This is especially useful for high-volume e-commerce shops who want to do a lot of continues testing.
- Good and extensive Magento plugin.
- The only thing I'm really missing is segmentation during or after testing of the results by device, new users etc., within the results page. Targeting of users based on segments is obviously possible.
- There are a few inconsistencies in their user interface that I would have liked to see differently. This could be personal taste though.
- They have a great customer service team that has followed up with several tickets I submitted where I had difficulty setting up an experiment.
- Their demos are very informative and you can easily get going once you're set up.
- It'd be nice if it was a little easier to alter the code of the page directly in a variation versus just adding on new code to change how it looks.
- It'd be interesting if they included an app A/B test tool into their core platform.
- It'd be nice to preview your test in several browsers.
- Support is top-notch. It is easy to get hold of the founder/SEO Dennis and if you run into any significant trouble, it's easy to get hold of the senior developers.
- Advanced editing. Unlike a lot of their competitors, Convert allows you to edit the variation code directly. This means that you can basically test any website (including AJAX and highly dynamic sites). This is not the case with some other competitors.
- Easy breakdown and visualization of daily conversion patterns. Surprisingly, this is not available with a lot of A/B testing platforms. We want to see the conversion rate daily so that we can see if there are any validity threats in the test. Most platforms only provide an aggregate of data up to that day.
- The user levels and access permissions is working fine, but I would like to be able to give users both global permissions across all projects, as well as lower/higher permissions on certain projects.
- Support for other forms of statistical analysis like using the t-test and analyzing A/B tests on a day-wise basis instead of aggregate.
- The ability to create "super goals" that are combinations of 2 goals (e.g. clicks on button A and clicks button B).
- The ability to target a specific audience is a huge plus. Some of our tests need to be targeted towards very specific users, and Convert Experiments has many options for that.
- Convert Experiments is, without a doubt, the most affordable A/B testing tool of its kind.
- The customer service is top-notch. Dennis and his team are very responsive and have a great sense of urgency. They also give great insight about testing ideas.
- The only con is the inability to have page views as a goal, but that is something they are working on.
- I tested Convert Experiments after being frustrated with two other big split-testing tools that failed to accurately track revenue in Shopify because of third-party cookie problems. This is an unavoidable problem for non-Plus Shopify stores who require the checkout.shopify.com domain to process payments. Convert Experiments accurately tracks revenue data and integrates nicely with Google Analytics for follow up segmentation and analysis. Yes!
- Gives you full control over the split-testing environment. From audience selection, page targeting, and testing any element (that I've found so far) of a page or website.
- Dennis and his team provide quick and clear customer support for any questions you have to get your first test live.
- It is probably the most affordable split-testing tool on the market (that has the functionality you need).
- Currently cannot create a new variation when a test has been published. Required to clone an experiment then re-set up your experiment tracking variables.