https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/RW/2U/B9Z3W0TT9A5P.PNGA robust content management toolWe have used Expion to streamline our content management across various verticals. Working in food, asset, and content management is a beast. We have a new menu and a new batch of assets every week, so asset discipline and organization is key. We're evaluating Expion as a tool to help us with that.,Asset organization Content management Content discovery,Better bulk upload Content category analysis and tagging,9,3,Streamline content management and planning Efficiency improvements freed up resources for more strategic thinking,Falcon.io,Google Analytics Premium, Cisco SSL VPN, Tableau Online, HubSpot, MailChimpSysomos Expion Is ExceptionalSysomos is an exceptional social media management tool! It has exceptional page analytics, copy and social media post management, and so much more! Additionally, they put on really impressive summits including the New York City one that is coming up https://sysomos.com/summit-newyork/ I would strongly recommend the sysomos and expion tools to anyone!,Strong Customer Service Strong Social Media Management Strong Social Media Analytics,Analytics are strong but more is always better Would like to see Instagram usage increase Competetive needs work,8,20,Sentiment Analysis Social Media Results Social Media Content Management,Sprinklr and Hootsuite FreeGreat tool for starters or for small organizations with fewer employeesSysomos Expion was the first social media moderation & marketing tool that we used after creating the Community and Social Media teams. The social media team used the program to plan/schedule marketing posts, but my team and I used it for social moderation and monitoring. Expion is meant to address companies' needs for more streamlined planning/scheduling of social posts and for much greater ease with moderation than compared to trying to use native sites, particularly if your company or organization has multiple accounts on each platform.,Expion was pretty customizable, though the tool we transitioned to has since made me realize how much more customizable other options can be. That said, Expion served us well and offered more customization than other tools we looked at. Expion's best asset, really, is its support staff. Our account rep and the support agents were always responsive and reacted with appropriate levels of urgency. Though a lot of the problems we experienced were due to API limitations, the things they COULD address were resolved with relative speed. I enjoyed the ability to approach our workload from either an inbox-style view or a more visual view with the workspaces and stacks. People with a more right-brained slant worked better in stacks than left-brained folks who seemed to appreciate the more linear, text-based style of the Single Stream moderation option.,Reporting is Expion's weakest component. Please bear in mind that I'm not referring to marketing stats or page analytics. I'm talking more about productivity metrics for moderators and quality reports (viewing outbound messages for quality purposes). Expion WILL work with you to get you what you need, but building new reports takes a lot of time, and what you get back isn't always exactly what you're looking for. The tool we moved to has dynamic reporting options that *I* can modify on the spot, so whereas this downside was a tad annoying before, I've come to weight it a bit more heavily because now I see just what can be achieved when you don't have to wait for someone else to build dashboards and widgets for you. Locating additional posts from the same customer is a challenge. Although you can perform profile searches, viewing a complete history is frustrating. You can only see outbound messages in relation to each inbound message. The new tool we use allows for you to view the entire message thread all in one view, which is impossible in Expion. Expion does not update live. If you have multiple moderators working simultaneously, then it is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too easy to step on each other's toes unless you have people divvying up work and filtering by message type or platform or date ranges. For example, if we're both looking at the same list of messages on different computers and I respond to a message or mark it as read, then that does NOT change on your work list until/unless the workspace, stack, or stream refreshes. (The tool we use now is almost immediately updated with changes you've made.) This tool does not allow you to designate any kind of message properties for tracking purposes. This may not matter to companies with only one product line, but our company sells a massive catalog of products that extend across a wide variety of user markets. Being able to tag messages accordingly is a huge benefit, but it's one that Expion does not offer.,5,17,Expion had a great impact on our social moderation goals. As a new team, it was nice to be starting out with a tool that helped introduce us to moderation in a way that gave us flexibility and customization.,SprinklrSysomos - no-frills social listening on a budgetSysomos is a very simple, easy to use product that returns social listening results within one year. Its advantages are its ease of use, speed to return data, and unlimited number of queries. Its disadvantages are its extremely simplistic analysis features. Pales in comparison to Crimson Hexagon for things like sentiment analysis, quality of visualizations, topic waves, topic clusters, etc etc etc. :) Number of users accounts is also limited so depending on your plan and how many people are using the tool you can get kicked out when other people log-in with the same credentials. It has once NICE feature which is "Communities". This is a cluster analysis based on linguistic patterns. Frankly a GREAT feature, but the other features of the platform are so limited I can't recommend it.,Simple queries within 1 year Quick to return data Good at basic volume and sentiment,Low quality of visualizations Poor filtering options for exploring drivers of positive / negative sentiment over time Poor filtering options by platform / content source Limited to 1 year of data Limited number of concurrent users,3,,Crimson Hexagon ForSight,Crimson Hexagon ForSight, Sprinklr, Tableau Desktop, Slack, Trello,Social listening metrics for campaign reporting Influencer analysis (rudimentary) Twitter conversation analysis through "Communities" featureExpion... Better than all the rest!Expion is being used across eight of the Hanesbrands brands. Expion is our go-to vendor for Social Media Platform. Each of our brands has multiple agencies and the Expion Platform allows one central area for all agencies to manage their posts, and gives management oversight into what each brand/agency is posting, performance, schedule and benchmark the data. Several of our agencies use the library to share social assets. Each brand/agency can only see the brand for which they are responsible and mgmt can see everything. Expion helps ensure best practices are being implemented across brands.,The calendar view of posts is a plus for managing multiple social pages. The ability to monitor competitive brands in the advanced analytics section has been very informative. The Library is a great place to share assets amongst teams or cross-functional agencies. The ability to post in different languages and utilize globally.,We use the App builder regularly, and I'd like to see more flexibility in some aspects of the current templates. For example: Some times we do not want email selection to be mandatory and in some templates there is no option to change.,Social has a HALO effect for our business and ROI is not the primary KPI. However, it has been identified as a MUST HAVE in budget planning each year.,10,,,10,10,8,9,,One central area to manage all social media posts and replies. Consistent reporting templates with data coming from one source. Easy to implement and launch Applications to support marketing and research activity.,Monitoring competitor activity was a pleasant surprise once we implemented Expion!,If we ever bring social moderation in-house Expion is the perfect partner. As we expand our social presence, in-house Consumer Services will benefit from Expion.,10,Vendor implemented,No,Change management was minimal,None -- our biggest challenge was making it use mandatory for all agencies/marketers.,10One of the biggest tool around. Again they go back to the promise of the ultimate solution for SMM.Expion is used to manage 9 brands by the same team. Mostly on the Facebook pages but also other social networks.,Collaboration Organizing different accounts,As most of the tools dealing with Social Networks the biggest issues come when you spend more time executing an action than doing your job. This comes from the difficulties of bringing any feature and function from the front end social network to the Social Media Management Tool. When the tech team does some improvement there are some issues and this has not been effectively communicated.,7,Spredfast Conversations,Tracx,HootSuite Free,Buffer,,7,7,6,7Expion: a Promising ExperienceExpion is a tool our company (Schnucks Markets) uses to make monitoring local store Facebook pages easier. Each Facebook Administrator has a login to access the Publishing Calendar for their location, and they can consult data collected by the dashboard, such as fan interaction with their page and/or specific posts; they can view posts from other stores to learn what their fans like or dislike; they can also reply to public comments or private messages sent by Facebook users.,Scheduling posts is incredibly easy, especially with the week-at-a-glance calendar. Simply click on a time on the calendar to create a post for the future; from there you can attach any media you wish, add the message text, etc. A live preview on the right side of the page shows you exactly how your post will appear on Facebook. The Quick Post option works much the same way, and is especially useful if you’re using their mobile app. You have all the same options available to you as with the publishing calendar. If you want to see how your fans are reacting to your page, you can do so with a click on the “Fan Conversations” tab on the Dashboard. From there, you can see a timeline of all fan comments, beginning with the newest first. This is conveniently separate from posts made to your page by you or ones that were made company-wide.,Unfortunately, one of the biggest complaints I have is in connection with the management of media. (Note: I have not had trouble with photos when using Quick Post or the calendar.) If I wish to change the cover photo for my page, I must email the photo to a colleague of mine at corporate, and they change it for me at headquarters. When I first began using Expion around 9 months ago, the uploading of photos to the media albums (for later use, or company-wide sharing) was completely non-functional. This HAS been improved, however. Another complaint I have, that I would love to see addressed, is the overwhelming depth of information regarding analysis of page statistics. This is a double-edged sword, as the wealth of information provided by Expion is astounding. But one thing the dashboard lacks is graphs. I would love to see a graph showing the growth of my likes, rather than crunch a bunch of numbers to compare. It is also somewhat difficult to know the difference between sets of numbers, just by looking at them. This is one area where I feel creating/managing a page strictly through Facebook would be preferable, as Facebook’s dashboard is more intuitive and has graphs in addition to the numbers. Something I noticed while scrolling through fan comments to my page was private messages are not separated clearly enough. The envelope icon, signifying a private message to me as the administrator, is easily missed amid the others; I was nearly two weeks late in replying to a customer request about a product. Replying to fan comments and/or private messages isn’t as smooth as it could be. Clicking the Expion logo on the right side of the page (when looking at a table of comments/messages) brings up several options: Assign Task, Reply, Like (for fan comments) and [Mark as] Read. Unfortunately, these don’t always work properly, as there are several messages I know I have read, but their status still reads “Unread”.,7,Over the course of nine months, my page’s Likes have increased by nearly 1000%. Those numbers don’t lie. Our fans are able to stay in the loop with us, even if they don’t shop every day. Paired with our company’s main Facebook page, fans and customers still feel connected, and don’t miss out on great deals. As the use of social media continues to increase, being able to offer our customers another way to reach us is invaluable, as it reinforces the “one-on-one” feeling of being connected to their store, in their community.,Dropbox,Evernote,Moodle,Blackboard,4Great Tool - Would Recommend to Businesses Focused on Social ListeningWith Sysomos, you get instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations. The ability to see what's happening, why it's happening, and who's driving the conversations. And the power to uncover meaning in the data—not only from the tone of conversations, but from advanced sentiment analysis by gender, age and location. We used Sysomos across the Remington eCommerce Team for social media listening and evaluating how our hotels were doing in the social atmosphere (primarily Facebook & Twitter). It helped supplement the social media management software we had which didn't give as detailed reports as Sysomos Expion did.,Sysomos Heartbeat: the proactive social media monitoring software. The dashboard was efficient and minimalist, and provided detailed reporting on where the social conversation was held for each individual hotel. The rich data and the simplicity of the dashboard made this tool particularly useful and easy to implement -- it was also easier to train new employees with the software. Sysomos Heartbeat: We also used it to keep track of any crisis that arose. The tool made it easy to catch any spikes in conversation that would spread rapidly either across one channel or multiple channels. Customer Service: Our hotels receive lots of inquiries, requests, payments, and reviews through various social channels. Sysomos helped keep track of them.,Slow/clunky: the dashboard wasn't always as fast and load times were slow. When scheduling content for 90 hotels, this can be particularly burdensome. Scheduled posts would often not post or go through. The dashboard did have some responsiveness issues, and wasn't as user friendly as expected or marketed.,5,,,Sprout Social, Hootsuite Pro,Increased engagement by 35% across all hotel portfolios.Gets the job done, but you can do betterI use Sysomos Expion to moderate and schedule a clients' social content. It is used by the department I work in for one client. The application allows me to moderate the numerous social pages in one place across Facebook, Twitter, and Google +. The feed within the app updates as content comes in from fans and followers, allowing us to address them.,You can publish the same message to multiple platforms. Moderating comments is in one feed.,Interface is slow. Resource hog on computer. Live feed isn't live. It is always on a delay.,6,2,Lithium Social Web and Sprinklr,Sprinklr, Lithium Social Web, TweetDeck,Moderating and scheduling is easy when it works Wish there was a mobile app,2,Moderation Scheduling Word Clouds for content planning,2Sysomos Expion Review - Ins and Outs!Expion is being used by the social media team at my organization. My business has over 400 business locations and every location has it's own social media page. Expion helps publish content across all of the pages. I use it for scheduling content and reviewing analytics.,Scheduling content across Facebook and Twitter Publishing the same content to multiple pages Viewing a scheduling calendar Great account management team/friendly service,Not as user-friendly as I'd like Slow loading time/often freezes Scheduled posts often fail,7,3,,9Expeditious ExpionOur company uses Sysomos Expion to schedule multiple social posts at one time. It is being used primarily in one department. It is a great way to save time and plan your social media posts in advance. I think it is a great program and I have really enjoyed using it.,Social media planning - you can plan your entire day, week or month of posts out in advance. Time management - you can schedule multiple posts at once which saves you time. The ability to post on multiple platforms at once.,I have had scheduled posts fail, but that might have been an issue with the social media site I was posting to.,9,,Better customer service Increased employee efficiency Ability to disperse information rapidly,Facebook at Work,Facebook at Work,10A great tool I hope to use again in the futureI am not using Expion at my current organization, but I was in the middle of evaluating it for purchase at my previous agency before I left, and had used daily it at the company prior to that. At the company where I used it daily, I was the main user with our clients checking in weekly to make content approvals. It was incredibly helpful in organizing, publishing, and measuring the success of our social content across Facebook and Twitter. At this time, many of the features that are now available natively, such as content scheduling and post editing, were not available so this tool made it possible. However the most useful part to us was being able to measure our ROI across networks as well as compare against competitors and industry averages.,I was responsible for providing a detailed analytics dashboard to my clients on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis. Expion made this process very easy because I was able to simply export all of our data into Excel and otherwise make very easy to understand presentations.,It has been a while since I've used the product on a regular basis, so I'm not aware of current pain points.,10,9,8,HootSuite Pro,HootSuite Free,Oracle Social Relationship Management,Simply Measured,Sprout Social,Argyle Social,8,10,When I was evaluating this product for purchase, the sales team was very helpful in sharing concise and easy to understand documents for me to share with my team. They were also very patient and I never felt hurried or hassled. Whenever I wanted to test a feature they were able to show me with no problem.
Sysomos Expion

Sysomos Expion Reviews

Sysomos Expion
Showing 12 of 31 Sysomos Expion ratings and reviews.

February 19, 2018

User Review: "Sysomos Expion Is Exceptional"

Alternatives Considered

Sysomos Expion was a solid tool that really played well against their competition. Their main advantage is likely their pricing and their customer service. Their pricing was by far the best in terms of pricing for the most amount of product. Their customer service is also significant. They stay with you every step of the way.
Joshua P. Kennedy profile photo
August 11, 2017

Sysomos Expion Review: "Great tool for starters or for small organizations with fewer employees"

Alternatives Considered

Sprinklr is definitely superior in function with one exception. Somehow, Expion allows us to moderate and manage third-party content, but Sprinklr doesn't. Aside from that, I'd say Sprinklr leads Expion in just about every other area, except support. Sprinklr's support has been frustrating to say the least. It's been getting better as they work closely with us to iron out the kinks and the miscommunications. But I never had that problem with Expion's staff.
Read Joshua P. Kennedy's full review
Kelly Cates profile photo
October 28, 2014

Sysomos Expion Review: "Expion... Better than all the rest!"

Alternatives Considered

We have used Buddy Media and Vitrue (Oracle) in the past and once we found Expion have not considered going back.
Customer service is key to our relationship with Expion and they provide the best levels I have experienced.
I cant say enough about how available they are and proactive to help with any scenario for reporting or creating apps I may encounter.
Read Kelly Cates's full review
Daniele Federico profile photo
January 21, 2015

Sysomos Expion Review: "One of the biggest tool around. Again they go back to the promise of the ultimate solution for SMM."

Alternatives Considered

I preferred Spredfast a little bit more. I put Expion as my second favorite SMMT.
Read Daniele Federico's full review
Andrea Dobek profile photo
April 03, 2014

Sysomos Expion Review: "Expion: a Promising Experience"

• Dropbox,Evernote,Moodle,Blackboard
Expion is the software my company chose, I had no input in its selection.

The programs I chose (Dropbox, Evernote, Moodle and Blackboard) are not necessarily similar in their purpose, but they are similar in their UI. Dropbox and Evernote have incredibly clean, minimalistic UIs, that are easy and intuitive to use. I would love to see Expion emulate their setup. Moodle and Blackboard are a little closer to Expion in their design; organized, yes, but not always smooth in its operation.
Read Andrea Dobek's full review
February 19, 2016

Sysomos Expion Review: "Great Tool - Would Recommend to Businesses Focused on Social Listening"

Alternatives Considered

We've used Sprout Social & Hootsuite in the past -- and they all stack up pretty evenly. Sysomos has the same features as Sprout or Hootsuite, except their reports and analytics are a little more detailed. Hootsuite has a better social media management software and dashboard though.
February 19, 2016

Sysomos Expion Review: "Gets the job done, but you can do better"

Alternatives Considered

Expion is just bland compared to the other applications. It is functional but it doesn't look polished. It is like your second choice. It could be better, but it works in the now for what I am doing.
February 16, 2016

"Sysomos Expion Review - Ins and Outs!"

Alternatives Considered

I love the account management team and they're better than any other team I've worked with. They're always available, they respond fast, and they help out with some tasks like creating the local page lists so that I don't have to. It's pretty time-consuming and they get it done fast. They're always adding new features, too.
February 05, 2016

Sysomos Expion Review: "Expeditious Expion"

Alternatives Considered

The only other product that I have used which was similar was the scheduler on Facebook. I prefer Sysomos Expion because you can schedule more than one channel at a time and because you can schedule many posts in advance. It's ease of use is really what makes it stand out from other programs.
October 27, 2014

Sysomos Expion Review: "A great tool I hope to use again in the future"

Alternatives Considered

• Hootsuite Pro,Hootsuite Free,Oracle Social Relationship Management,Simply Measured,Sprout Social,Argyle Social
Expion seemed to me, when it was last presented in early 2014, to be the most comprehensive of all other platforms, when it came to publishing, measuring, and listening. Many other platforms seemed to either specialize in just one social network or could only tell a particular part of the social story.

Boolean keyword searches (7)
Filtering out noise/spam (7)
Sentiment analysis (8)
Broad channel coverage (9)
Content planning and scheduling (7)
Audience targeting (5)
Content optimization (6)
Workflow management (7)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
Customer interaction histories (5)
Bulk actions (6)
6.7
Lead generation (3)
Content marketing (4)
Paid media management (2)
Campaigns and promotions (3)
Twitter (9)
6.3
Pinterest (4)
YouTube (5)
5.4
Campaign success analytics (7)
Real-time tracking (6)
Competitor analysis (7)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (7)
Mobile access (5)

About Sysomos Expion

Sysomos Expion is a social media management solution that is designed to deliver content discovery, planning, publishing, moderation, and analytics in a single, easy-to-navigate screen. According to the vendor, it’s a platform that can manage social enterprises, no matter how large or complex. The vendor says, Sysomos Expion makes content planning a snap with a simple drag-and-drop content calendar, and workflow that’s easy to track and review, across even the largest enterprises. With this solution, users will know who to speak to; when to engage in conversation and can even integrate with customer care centers.

Additionally, the vendor says with their solution, users will see the best performing content from all of their social media presences and their competitors’ pages, all within one view. Users can share it with brands or markets across their organizations to inspire creative thinking. The vendor’s value proposition is this solution enables marketers to manage their reputation and benchmark their performance at the same time.

Sysomos Expion Screenshots