Reviews (1-25 of 102)
- The ability to personalize the messages I send to prospects.
- The dashboard is easy to use.
- The timely manner in which people receive the messages and gifts. Timing is everything!
- How well it integrates with our CRM. This is huge in our department.
- The way it shows up in Amazon ordering saves so much time and effort!
- The organization of the status of Sendoso items that have been sent can be a little confusing. The list can get confusing to track.
- More accessible information about the gifts being sent (i.e., images, quick detail).
Sendoso is an incredible source for this. Sending them a gift card or a coffee mug is great, but being able to personalize the message and know when they receive it and open it makes the connecting with them at the right time that much easier and important. I can also take a list of 50 people who are attending a virtual Lunch & Learn event and send them all their UberEats gift cards in a few simple steps. Sendoso has been a huge ally in the world of virtual events, allowing me to get our attendees the gifts we promised and know when they receive them so that follow up phone call won't be awkward!
- The interface is very easy to use and intuitive.
- The gifting options are fantastic. Lots of selections!
- The integration is seamless and infused in your workflow.
- The customer onboarding experience and success team is unmatched.
- The resources, tools and training for customers are excellent.
- The Sendoso customer community is very well-organized and run. It's a great forum for learning best practices.
- Webinars and events are excellent and provide tremendous value.
- Fantastic support! The chat feature is easy to use and support team is very responsive.
- The company and team puts the customer at the center. It’s best in class!
- It would be great if Sendoso had an automatic alert notification if an e-gift card is not redeemed after a certain number of days.
- Provide admin users the the ability view/get links to e-gifts that haven't been redeemed.
- Sendoso is great an integrating with numerous existing technology that we already have in place. This makes it easy for us to add Sendoso into things that have already existed or implement it into technology that is newly purchased.
- Sendoso is great at managing low inventory as it has automatic reminders set up to notify the managers when inventory is low and the platform even has the ability to automatically re-order items for you if you approve of it.
- Sendoso is great as supporting their customers. As an evolving platform, Sendoso has there areas of improvement to work on, but they know it and their customer support team is never hesitant to help and responds in a timely manner.
- The overall use of touches needs some work. If you want to alter one simple thing on a touch like what team has access, you have to go through all of the previous touch steps to make this switch as there is no way to proceed to further pages without clicking through the whole touch.
- On the touches page, it doesn't show you when the last send date was which could be useful to know if a touch should be turned off or kept live.
Less appropriate: bulk sending when uploading a csv, things start to go haywire.
- Many different send options.
- Tracking the status of each send in real time.
- Allowing for custom gifts to be built and set up easily.
- It would be nice to have further customization options of the emails which Sendoso sends eGifts with.
- Sometimes getting quick support from the Sendoso team is harder than we would like.
- Direct Mail - this is their bread and butter! If you can respect the timelines, you'll be very happy.
- E-Gifting - lots of choices of both physical and gift card type sends
- Sourcing - when we've worked with a project manager, always very happy with what has been recommended at different price points and appreciate they are willing to help with campaign ideas
- Analytics - easy to understand send tracking
- Wide Communication - As a whole, the organization is very good at building community, alerting users of upcoming rollouts and changes, and accepting feedback from users
- Team Onboarding - We've had challenges with getting training for users who we've added after our initial onboarding phase.
- Interface - while there are efforts to improve the usability and overall look and feel of the platform, I think this is Sendoso's biggest weakness. It just isn't intuitive and small things are missed.
- Integrations - only integrates natively with a single CRM, Salesforce. Have been asking for Microsoft Dynamics integration since we started and it has always been "on the road map"
- Our sales org uses to send one-off gifts to their leads.
- Demand gen marketers pulling lead lists from some other vendor and sending large amounts of gifts for direct mail campaigns.
- Automated gift sends for leads in large scale marketing campaigns that are NOT direct mail. The best example of this is we promise a gift to all leads who attend a webinar and provide us with their address.
My role is the developer who makes that 3rd use case work. I have code which will pull attendees from Zooms API, push them to a Marketo campaign, this Marketo campaign will then send leads to Sendoso via Webhook to complete the sends.
- Gift customization (custom logos, etc).
- Support, chat support is great, AE is also attentive.
- Sendoso has the integrations we need and they work most of the time.
- Data integrity: Analytics page has had incorrect data, leads that were confirmed to have received a gift from us are missing in Analytics. This does seem to have gotten better over the past year.
- Nonsensical UI: Making a config change for a touch requires going all the way through the step-by-step wizard, Marketo integration will be selected but the next part of the form has fields asking for Salesforce info. Sometimes new 'required' fields are added to the touch config, the next time you edit that touch you are force to make a selection on that new field, what about the touches that haven't been edited? Are they just broken? A good example of this is the new 'packaging option.'
- API Standardization: No real rate limiting (we brought down the Sendoso site this past summer when we turned on automation, we then rate limited ourselves to prevent this. Most APIs would handle this itself). Return error codes/reasons are sometime nonsensical (for example, we recently received a rate limit error that lasted for 5 days, even if we sent a single API call, this was recently fixed by Sendoso engineering).
I think the biggest hurdles are just making the UI more intuitive, making the API more consistent, and ensuring that the analytics page can be trusted by the customer.
- Sendoso has great customer service. Everybody is super responsive and helpful. Our CSM even helps us with tedious admin tasks when we're limited by the platform's back office.
- We love how flexible Sendoso is. If you can think of it, it (or something really similar can be sent.) You can also request that vendors and gifts be added as Sendoso direct options, which means the options really are limitless.
- Sendoso has scaled really well through our sales organization. As higher-level account owners saw the amazing success of our BDR team, they started begging to use it. Our sales org has historically been very slow to adopt technology, and this has been one of the best rollouts I've ever seen.
- The back office is an absolute nightmare. The UX is unintuitive and doing any kind of repetitive task, like cleaning up underutilized touches and funding sources or setting up a touch with multiple variations like clothing sizes or colors is absolutely nightmarish and time-consuming.
- Whenever a send goes out and there's not enough money in the dedicated funding account, there's no warning. That's not even the problem, though. My complaint comes from the way that the system then charges our AMEX on file.... one time for every item in the send. So when I sent 124 aprons as a follow-up gift from an event, I got 124 charges/invoices for $2.87. When we have to send every receipt and invoice to accounting that's insanely time-consuming and frustrating.
- If you use a credit card on file and not invoices, the receipts do not have a fixed reference number. I don't even know how this can be a thing.
If you have a huge, sprawling sales and marketing org, you will probably encounter a lot of difficulties with Sendoso unless you have a dedicated person who does nothing but manage logistics within the platform.
The Sendoso sending platform solves many key challenges for us:
- Vendor Consolidation -- Our ability to source and fund a deep portfolio of vendors through one single vendor for direct-mail (ex. 40 cookie & cake vendor options on Sendoso's sending platform!) and experience mail (ex. virtual wine tasting experience event kits). This streamlines po and contracts processes.
- Automation -- Salesforce Campaigns: Sends have the opt-in ability to flow into sfdc campaigns to track success in two ways: 1.) delivery steps and 2.) attend / did not attend compared to the delivery steps. This automation creates a seamless opportunity to track influenced pipeline reports from campaigns. Address Confirmation and Privacy: Personal addresses are imperative to successfully run campaigns during covid. Sendoso has a great system in place for us to opt-in or opt-out of per touch / send that confirms addresses and keeps it privately between sendoso / the cookie vendor for example / and the recipient.
- Direct Mail Relevancy -- We can real time adjust to our recipients to offer more choices, send a highly relevant item to the recipients preferences ex. loves Nuggets basketball...can send nuggets swag same day!, or even surf seasonal curated sends right from the platform.
- Creativity -- Sendoso provides us with a shortened time to market with our wildest ideas. Ex. Thanksgiving turkey sends and Sendoso already having a meat company lined up with 'honest turkeys'. The vendor teams work very hard to bring net new sends to their Sendoso Direct program which is ready-to-send items that do not require 6 week lead time to procure, negotiate, package etc. It's fantastic - we LOVE Sendoso Direct
- Customer Centricity - Sendoso takes feedback from their customers seriously and is dedicated to being the best experience and best in industry. They're accessible at every level: c-suite to customer support.
- Product Evolution - The platform has an incredible future picture potential. This isn't just a direct mail tool. This is a customer success platform, a relationship management tool, a one stop shop for marketing demand generation campaigns, the list goes on.
- Support - The support team is incredible. Responsive. Super attentive. an extended team for you.
- Invoice consolidation features (it can be done but it's a manual email request right now)
- Return Shipping Notifications with Real Time Solving
- Seasonal Sends (they exist but let's see more from current vendors!)
- Gifting Options, their catalog is HUGE.
- Delivery options (e-gifts and address confirmation).
- Customer Success is highly responsive.
- Ability for users to self-serve and create touches.
- More options in Canada.
- Easily send gifts and e-gifts to customers and prospects.
- Sync to Salesforce.
- Touch (gift) creation for the team.
- UI is a bit clunky.
- Availability of egifts/gifts outside of the US (Latin America, APAC, EMEA).
- Branding options.
- To engage attention and interest.
- To confirm and solidify a demo meeting.
- To show appreciation and gratitude.
- The menu could be more user friendly.
- Some pictures of the options would be great.
- Some additional variety would be a plus.
- Ease of use.
- Platform is amazing (training, help center, etc. is all easily accessible from the main page).
- A bit pricy.
- Must have individual licenses - so we can't have a ton of users - have to funnel up request to managers to execute per their license (which honestly works fine).
I think it's also good for 1 off situations. I have not personally used this feature but I believe the admin can add selective gifts or gift cards to your profile that you can send to prospects or contacts in a one-off basis.
Sendoso has made it incredible easy and effective to include a direct-touch engagement aspect to our otherwise "virtual" events.
Being able to "reach out and touch somebody" these days has allowed us to continue, and in some ways expand on, our direct marketing efforts with both prospects and existing customers.
- Allow us to create thoughtful, custom marketing packages.
- Leverage an incredible library of pre-existing products - both e-Gift and Direct physical products.
- Customer Support! We have gotten so successful because of the great support and knowledge sharing we get from our Sendoso Team.
- Integrate directly with our Marketing and Sales infrastructure.
- Better budgetary management; allow for budget managers/users who do not need to run programs (separate user roles?).
- Continue to improve integration with best-in-class platforms i.e. Marketo.
- UI maturity - always work to make the UI better and easier to use.
- Improve the charitable donations functionality - still too limited for some real-world use cases.
e-Gifting is flawless.
Creating user groups for diverse business units or functional groups who need to own there own budgets and programs (and be self sufficient).
- Ease of use
- Integration with SFDC saves me time
- New gift sending option with Amazon
- With automated emails it sends to prospects (making them stand out)
- More options for gifts
- Sending reminders to utilize budget at the end of month
Probably not best to utilize the solution trying to send gifts to yourself or to people other than prospects.
Current use case includes:
- Shipping branded merchandise to customers.
- Sending customers gifts.
- Sending out vouchers/e-gifts (which we also use to send food-delivery vouchers for virtual events).
- Automated gifting in Outreach templates to help BDRs book in meetings.
I think it's less easy to use with prospects – especially while everyone is working at home and is less keen on sharing their personal address.
- It is really user-friendly and easy to set up different touches and get campaigns out the door quickly.
- Most of the integrations work really well and allow us to easily see how much we are spending on a campaign and what our return on investment is.
- Their CSM and Support team is AMAZING! Always very helpful and supportive.
- The Outreach integration could use some work, it's still a bit of a manual process.
- You can't currently customize the address confirmation emails and that would be super helpful.
The CSM team uses it to send thank you gifts to our customers when they speak at our events and for reference calls. It's been a great tool to thank them in a fast and easy way.
Their customer service team has been a great asset to launch campaigns and they are very responsive.
- Automation of gifting. Takes out the manual processes.
- Customer service team is responsive.
- Ease of use of the platform.
- Sales Acceleration for meeting books and followups.
- Better UX/UI of the platform.
- provide a catalog of branded items we can purchase on the platform.
- Give the users a way to request items to the manager on the platform.
- Personalized package, egifts and branded items.
- Easy to use.
- Build stronger relationship with customers.
- Configuring the Touches can be problematic when doing many and for different groups it would be nice to see improvements.
- Easy to Use: Sendoso is quick to learn and really easy to use.
- Saves me time sending swag: it would be unmanageable for us to send all of the swag that we do without something like Sendoso.
- Support: their support team is incredible.
- Pricing: it can be pricey to send stuff out but the benefits outweigh the costs.
- Automates manual 1:1 sending of gifts.
- Has a wide array of options available.
- File uploads of mass contacts makes sending easy.
- More international options are a must.
- I don't like that when I enter testing mode it's enabled for all of my touches.
- I wish there were actual photos of the physical items in the Sendoso platform to gives the sender an exact idea of what they're sending.
Sendoso Scorecard Summary
What is Sendoso?
Sendoso Videos (3)
Watch As Cameo’s first B2B integration, Sendoso customers can now connect with prospects or customers by sending custom-recorded unique celebrity videos personalized to the recipient. Marketing, sales, and CX teams can use these videos to stand out, build meaningful relationships, and get buyers to take action. Learn more at sendoso.com/cameo.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
More information on pricing can be found here: https://sendoso.com/pricing
Sendoso Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Sendoso Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||Canada, UK, APAC, North America|