PayKickstart provides shopping cart and affiliate management for online businesses.The vendor promises to help customers increase metrics such as sales, average customer/transaction value, and monthly recurring revenue with advanced out-of-the-box tools. These include customizable checkout pages ...
Subscription Management Software
Best Subscription Management Software
- Best Subscription Management Software include: Chargebee and Recurly.
- A complete list of Subscription Management Software is available here.
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on satisfaction ratings and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
Subscription Management Software Overview
What is Subscription Management software?
Subscription management software, also called subscription billing or recurring billing software, automates the billing cycle for subscription revenue models. These tools have become increasingly important with the rise of SaaS businesses. For start-ups especially, lighter weight subscription billing applications (which are inexpensive and fast to implement) can allow businesses to start processing online payments quickly. Fewer legal, finance, and accounting resources are required to manage different subscription cycles for different customers/accounts.
Subscription Management Software Features & Capabilities
Payment Gateways connecting with credit card companies making it easy for customers to use any card without having to submit to Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
Support for Merchant Accounts. These are bank accounts that allow your business to accept money from payment cards.
Subscription Management handle subscriptions and make sure the right accounts are charged the right amount every month.
Analytics systems or dashboards providing at-a-glance data on customers and sales.
Dunning tools work to mitigate the impact of failed payments by ensuring customers always have updated credit cards on file.
Revenue Recognition systems automate accounting processes and ensure that revenue is only booked for products or services delivered.
Here are but a few important considerations for buyers of recurring billing software:
1. Will you be processing international payments? If so, make sure to select a product that can handle multiple currencies.
2. Will you be selling to businesses or consumers (B2B vs. B2C)? If you are selling to consumers, they will likely want to use a credit card (or a service like PayPal), methods which are supported by all subscription billing platforms. But, if you are selling to businesses, you may need to select a product that also supports invoicing/ other forms of payment.
3. How important is branding at the point of sale? Be sure to ask about the degree of customization available on the payment page (where customers interact with the subscription billing software). For some industries/products, if the look & feel of the payment page is different from the rest of the site, it may affect conversion.
4. How many transactions will you have on a monthly basis, and of what size? Subscription billing vendors tend to charge either a flat rate, percentage, or combination rate per transaction, so the most cost-effective solution will vary depending on the frequency and amount of payments processed.
5. Are you using an eCommerce platform? Your eCommerce vendor may already provide billing features and services that can meet your needs. If you are already using an eCommerce platform, but need more robust subscription management features, make sure the product you select integrates with your storefront, and determine how email communications (about purchases and payments) will be handled between the two systems.
Several vendors charge a transaction percentage of 2 % or 3% plus an additional transaction fee. Some vendors charge a more traditional tiered subscription price ranging from $500 per month to $1,500 per month, depending on number of customers. Some users use a combination of both.
Subscription Management Products
Listings (51-56 of 56)
JeraSoft VCS is a robust billing platform designed and developed for Mobile & Business Telecoms (Retail VoIP, Mobile VoIP, Business Telephony, MVNO/MNO, OTT, Wholesale VoIP, and SMS). It is created for billing of practically all sorts of services and enables providers to efficiently handle al...
AdvantageCS is a subscription management platform with additional marketing, sales, and customer relationship functionality.
Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management is an enterprise-level product that supports maximization of the value of goods/services, ensures accurate bill generation, collection and settlement and provides real-time verification, reporting and analysis.
ACI Worldwide offers their Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Services (or EBPP), a billing platform supporting onling billing and single payments, recurring or subscription payments, or other more complex billing schemes.
Invoiced in Austin offers their invoicing and AR automation platform, providing a platform for collecting online payments or presenting electronic invoices, AR analytics, and support for subscription-based business management on higher service tiers with subscription analytics (e.g. churn, pricin...