Reviews (1-11 of 11)
- Ease of entering tickets. The last thing a user having a problem wants is a problem reporting their difficulty to the IT Department. With SysAid, this is never aa issue.
- Ease of tracking tickets. Keeping from getting swamped by a wave of problem tickets and yet still making sure that every one of them is responded to promptly is critically important. SysAid's tracking and notification features make sure nothing every gets missed.
- KnowledgeBase. While we are still a small department, we deal with a wide array of problems. Knowledge transfer does not always occur as it should. SysAid allows each of us to add the relevant information the KnowledgeBase so it will be available to all.
- We don;t use many of the advanced features of SysAid (asset and patch management, benchmarks and analytics) because it appears the learning curve is quite high.
- The interface is pretty rustic. This does not affect the use of the product, but it could create a marketing problem when trying to gain new customers as they may be comparing it to something "prettier".
- At various times the SysAid server service shuts down. This is not a common occurrence, just often enough to be mildly annoying.
Not working in an enterprise it is hard for me to evaluate SysAid's use there. It might be lacking some of the more advanced features used in an enterprise scenario. If I were evaluating SysAid for use in an enterprise, I would think it would still deserve to be on the short list, since sometimes IT people think they need more than they really do.
- Software can be configured in various ways based on many different data, making it very flexible and adaptable to a specific customer's requirements.
- Base product is very powerful and may not require purchase of additional modules.
- Technical support team is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Documentation is online and accessible.
- The product is very large and complex. Expect a steep learning curve to get full benefits.
- Flexibility is both a strength and a weakness. Consider obtaining expert guidance (at a cost) to get system setup to your own needs more quickly.
- Time zone difference (USA vs Israel) has presented problems in communication in the past.
- Their reporting product is weak. The Excel files it can output are practically worthless. Plan on mining their database with your own tools for most useful reports.
- SysAid's customization has been very useful for us. The ability to add/modify fields and forms has permitted us to tweak it to do exactly what we want.
- Email integration has been an outstanding way for us to streamline ticket generation and routing. This means getting the ticket to the right team without manual assignment.
- Password Services gives our users the ability to unlock and reset AD passwords without IT assistance.
- Sometimes support has not met our expectations. Response time can be longer than we'd like. Also a particular bug that was causing us issues took much longer to resolve than we were led to believe.
We struggled to get Sysaid to integrate across our whole environment.
- The workflow functionality works well to get approvals, or assigning to different teams.
- The tool is easy to use as a front end for users.
- Work allocation can be monitored closely, and give a holistic view in terms of issues hitting your service desk.
- Users struggle to select the correct categories for the faults they log.
- Incorrect categories mean incorrect team allocation, which mans breaches in SLA.
- Not easily scaled into the entire IT operations, especially the DEVOPS environments.
- Does not cater for Scrum methodologies.
SysAid was being used in the following manner at my organization:
It was an incident management software that helped staff communicate through the logging, processing, managing and reporting of IT issues that impacted customers. Also, it helped the help desk staff, as well as other IT staff to meet ITIL standardized methods such as effectively meeting response times, analyzing issues and documenting solutions and issues as they fit into the company's environment. The software made communication of issues and solutions to the end user and business staff efficient. It was being used throughout the whole organization. It addressed all businesses that integrated technology in it.
- It effectively made it possible for our help desk staff to professionally communicate technological issues, needs and solutions to the business staff and end users.
- The SysAid incident management software made it possible to tailor the software to our company's needs and operational processes.
- It also made it very efficient for staff to find trending issues and develop plans to address them.
- One of the areas that can be improved is the Knowledge Management module, as far as making it more efficient to locate and search the knowledge base.
- As analyst were able to mitigate what IT departments handled certain requests, once these requests were assigned, SysAid was able to update progress as details were added. Emails were sent automatically to the requester who needed support. This left a good impression as it allowed the IT department to show end users how requests were being solved.
- The installation of SysAid on company laptops that allowed end users to submit request is very straight forward and the ease of access is perfect.
- Organizing requests on level of importance is another great feature.
- I don't see much in the area of improvement as the product is one of the best I've used. The user interface is simple and straight forward.
- Allows users to submit specific requests(by department, by project, by production piece).
- Communicate to our department when new requests have come in or when changes have been made to requests.
- Export information.
- Allowing communication between users to happen within the software.
- More customizable and more easily customized forms.
- Actually having an export in a graphical layout that is targeted to end users rather than IT people.
- It was a very good help desk solution!
- It routed the trouble tickets very nicely.
- It was easy for end users to use.
- They kept adding things and it decreased the functionality and quality of the product.
- The email feature kept going down on us.
- We could almost never remote into a system after the upgrade to 8.0.
- SysAid provides an easy to use interface that allows customers to easily understand how to submit help desk tickets.
- SysAid allows the user to insert screenshots directly into the tickets. This allows users to quickly display a particular issue to their IT staff for researching purposes and also allows the user to paint the picture they are trying to get across to IT
- SysAid also allows you to remotely assist users that have the SysAid client installed on their PCs. This allows IT to save time and quickly assist users in realtime.
- The version of SysAid we used was the free version so it had limitations on the amount of users we could have using the product. I'm sure there were other features that we didn't have, but it worked for what we needed it for.
- You have to install the client on each machine that you want to remote into. This was the requirement when I used the product, but that could have since been changed or there may be a better solution with the premium versions.
1. How can this product make life easier for my help desk and IT staff?
2. How can this product save me money?
3. Are there discounts available for my corporation?
4. What sets you apart from other products that have similar features?
5. Is there an option for Proof of Concept?
Review: "SysAid's ease of use and navigation makes it my go to ticketing management software suite."
- Centralization of ticket management. It was very easy to navigate around SysAid and keep tickets straight.
- Easy to understand interface. I was able to start using SysAid right away and found there to be not much of a steep learning curve.
- Solid survey system. As a technician I loved receiving feedback from my work and SysAid's survey system is top notch.
- I did not experience any weaknesses from what I was using SysAid for.
SysAid Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SysAid Technical Details