TRUE
TRUE

Ultimate Backup Solution

June 02, 2022
It is our current go-to product for the local archival of our backup information. Moving from an old tape-based system it has proven to be …

My Vembu BDR Suite Review

December 17, 2021
We use Vembu BDR Suite to backup physical servers, HyperV VMs, and workstation in a combination of the full image and file backups. We …

VembuBDR 4.2

August 18, 2021
We use Vembu BDR Suite across our organization and implement it at client sites. It addresses all of our backup and DR needs by providing …

Vembu BDR

June 07, 2021
We use Vembu BDR Suite to backup our ESXi VM's for our entire organization.

• Retention options (45)
  • Platform support (48)
  • Incremental backup identification (46)
  • Management dashboard (48)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Vembu BDR Suite, and make your voice heard!

What is Vembu BDR Suite?

Vembu BDR Suite is a universal backup solution catering to the backup, recovery, and disaster recovery needs of diverse IT environments. It is also optimized for service providers who deliver BaaS and DRaaS to their customers.

2 people want pricing too

What is Veeam Backup & Replication?

Veeam’s® premier product, Veeam Backup & Replication™, delivers availability for all cloud, virtual, Kubernetes and physical workloads. Through a management console, the software provides backup, archival, recovery and replication capabilities.

What is NAKIVO Backup & Replication?

NAKIVO Backup & Replication is a VM data backup solution for protecting VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, and AWS EC2 environments. It also features replication, failover, backup to cloud, backup copy, backup size reduction, screenshot verification, and site recovery through a single web interface.

Data Center Backup

What is Vembu BDR Suite?

Vembu BDR Suite is a comprehensive universal backup solution catering to the backup, recovery and disaster recovery needs of diverse and heterogeneous IT environments. Through its flagship offering, Vembu can backup VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Physical Servers, Workstations, Exchange Items, SharePoint Items, SQL Items, Office365, G Suite, etc. – and they can back that up on-site, off-site, or even to the cloud – not to mention that most of this is done within a single UI. Also, Vembu offers one of the most complete free edition for SMBs as well. Post 30 days trial version, user can either opt to purchase the product or continue using the free edition. In Free edition user has two options to proceed with backup configurations : Full featured free edition for limited VMs or Limited featured Edition for unlimited VMs

Vembu BDR Suite Competitors

Vembu BDR Suite Technical Details

Veeam Backup & Replication, Veritas Backup Exec, and Datto SIRIS are common alternatives for Vembu BDR Suite.

Reviewers rate Universal recovery highest, with a score of 8.7.

The most common users of Vembu BDR Suite are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Darrian Churchill | TrustRadius Reviewer
The primary alternative to Vembu would be Veeam. This would be my second choice in a close race. If I remember correctly, Veeam only supported virtualized environments until just after my decision to go with Vembu. We had also previously tried Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager, which while it did work was overkill for our environment, and I think EOL now.
We tried to use Altaro first of all but found it to be very big, take up a lot of resources and found the features we needed hard to use. When we compared Vembu we just found everything was so much easier and as it was also free this ticked nearly all of our boxes and the decision was made.
The admin management is better, we already have a relationship with Vembu and it gives us more flexibility.
Vembu is cheaper and less complicated, with lower HW requirements which means it more apt for my customers who are mainly small and medium business.
Daniel Castro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used to recommend Aconis, but it gets super-expensive when you get to the server and hypervisor level stuff, and I'm finding myself to not like the latest user interface and options. I also used BackupAssist, which is actually a great product for Windows Servers, but Vembu just smokes it in performance, so if you have multiple servers and workstations backing up to one location it makes it easier. You have more time and you don't have to troubleshoot Windows Server Backup/VSS components.
I have used almost all Vembu products—BDR, VMbackup, Network Backup, Image Backup, and OffsiteDR. I haven't used the 360 for easy management of all the BDR servers but I'll probably eventually use it as I build out my VembuBDR servers.
If you are looking for an enterprise capable backup suite that quickly does the job without hassles then you will quickly look past the freebee software like Microsoft NT Backup or the overly complex of the like such as Acronis.
The reason for choosing Vembu was that the free version's limits were very reasonable, the installation could be performed on a Linux based operating system, and management could be done using a web UI.
  • Easy to deploy.
  • User-friendly console.
  • Value for money. Veeam is a good backup solution but it's very complicated and expensive. On other the hand, Altaro was not so reliable as it crashed the storage many times. It lacks a few important features.
Adrian Takacs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Vembu has been the only product that allowed us to backup mobile users (laptops) and the price [was a factor].
Jesse Brandt | TrustRadius Reviewer
I tested Vembu against Veeam and for the price, Vembu was the better option. I also had a great support experience as I had to contact Vembu twice after mistakes I made. While using Veeam the software was not as intuitive and support responses were not as swift and accurate.