Bill.com Reviews

January 16, 2020

A simple but effective system

Alternatives Considered

Bill.com's strongest characteristic is that it integrates seamlessly with our GL system. Of the systems that I have used, Bill.com has required the least amount of mental energy ensuring that everything is being processed correctly and that all payments/transactions integrate correctly with our GL system. It has saved countless hours of both frustration and time working through canceling checks, reconciling bank statements, and researching system integration issues. I have yet to encounter a situation where something did not integrate correctly with our GL requiring us to reach out to support or burn energy researching which invoice didn't sync correctly when we complete our month-end close.

As noted previously, the approval workflows are much simpler than other systems I have used which limits Bill.com's ability to scale with an organization. Since implementing, we have largely migrated off of Bill.com as an invoice approval platform and instead use it primarily as a vehicle for initiating payments on all of our vendors. When used in this fashion, Bill.com is by far the easiest system to use.
December 11, 2019

Works well for ACH payments

Alternatives Considered

We looked at software called Connect Booster that would have integrated with another piece of software we use (ConnectWise). We selected Bill.com over Connect Booster because it was much more cost-effective. I wish there was a way to integrate credit card payments as well.
Andrew Newman CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Bill.com is #1

Alternatives Considered

I have not come across another solution as complete as Bill.com. I have looked at Concur, Quickbooks bill payments, bank payment systems and even more advanced systems like Intacct or Oracle, but none of then provides the features and benefits of Bill.com.
Read Andrew Newman CPA's full review
Deanna Williamson | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 23, 2019

Bill.com makes paying bills a snap!

Alternatives Considered

I was not involved in the selection process but we implemented Bill.com when the business started in 2013, so we have used it from the beginning. We use QuickBooks Online for our management company bookkeeping but we choose to process payments through Bill.com because it's more efficient and has better features. We definitely do not want to print checks out of our office.
Read Deanna Williamson's full review
David Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2019

Bill.com is the best tool for accounts payable

Alternatives Considered

We tried Concur Invoice and it was not user-friendly at all. It was cumbersome, did not sync well with our system, was confusing for our field team to approve, and did not offer payment methods. We were so frustrated, and when we found Bill.com we were so elated. Bill.com solved so many problems for us that Concur could not.
Read David Turner's full review
October 22, 2019

Bill.com is the best AP Automation tool on the market

Alternatives Considered

Compared to Mineral.tree, Bill.com offers much of the same functionality at a much nice price point. I think Mineral Tree has Bill.com beat with some higher-end features, such as international capabilities, etc. Yet most domestic organizations do not require this advanced functionality, especially at such a high price point. Bill.com is the clear winner.
June 12, 2019

Reliable, electronic employee reimbursements

Alternatives Considered

• Rydoo (formerly Xpenditure)
Previously, we used Rydoo for submitting, approving, and receiving reimbursements. We switched to bill.com after changing our external tax consultants in the US. We still use Rydoo for the submitting and approving part and only use bill.com to receive payment. I admit I find Rydoo easier to use, with a cleaner interface and friendlier brand voice.
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 04, 2019

Huge Time and Money Saver!!

Alternatives Considered

I know that QuickBooks Online has the option to directly pay vendors through its software, but I have found that using Bill.com is the best for paying your bills. The biggest difference is Bill.com has the approval requirement before any bill can be paid and you can require that a bill is approved by many different people. Also, I love how easy it is to use. It literally takes only minutes to process a bill and there is no need to worry about processing a check. Bill.com does integrate with QuickBooks.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Tina Gregory | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 30, 2015

Optimizing Bill.com in Accounting Systems

Alternatives Considered

Banks and other financial institutions provide electronic bill pay and processing services, but these generally do not provide the embedded approval and security which Bill.com does. Accounting software also enables bill payment, but then requires access to the main accounting system, which Bill.com avoids, so sales management, for example can still review and approve team expense reports without having to sign in to accounting systems. Bill.com supports payment through PayPal as well, which can be very useful when remitting to smaller vendors or those who may not have standard bank relationships.
Read Tina Gregory's full review
Bill Aiton | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2014

Is Web Based AP in your future?

• Microsoft Dynamics GP,Microsoft Dynamics SL
These on premise solutions can be hosted in the cloud and the manage the AP function as an integral part of the accounting software solution. Approvals and routing are basic, but can be enhanced by third party products. These are tried and true solutions which many accounts are familiar with and comfortable with. While they are not fully browser enabled, you can expect them to offer functions similar to Bill.com. At lower volumes, they will be more expensive but at higher volumes of transactions, they will be comparable. They require hardware and software in place by the organization and take longer to deploy. Still excellent options.
Read Bill Aiton's full review
Erin Thorp | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 30, 2014

Save time & sanity with Bill.com!

Alternatives Considered

I have only worked with other accounting software such as QB Pro, QB Enterprise, QB Online, and PeachTree. I was not involved in the decision to work with Bill.com (which happened prior to me being hired at the company), nor have I worked with or researched any other competitors, so I am not qualified to make any comparison.
Read Erin Thorp's full review
November 11, 2015

Chill and pay your bill

Alternatives Considered

Bill.com was my first option and I am perfectly happy with it. I have been using Bill.com for over 2 years and haven't found a single reason to switch to any of the competitors.

About Bill.com

Bill.com is a an online service for small to midsize businesses which provides a central dashboard for managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and cash flow management. It syncs with all major accounting systems like QuickBooks, Sage, Intaact, and NetSuite.

Bill.com offers four pricing options. The $20 per user, per month Essentials package contains payable OR receivable management with unlimited document storage and workflow approval. The $30 dollar Team plan syncs with accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks) and has some analytic features. The $50 Corporate package supports AR & AP and has more robust Workflow options. Finally the tailor-made Enterprise level syncs with other popular software (e.g. Salesforce) and grants API access to Bill.com.

Bill.com Integrations