Bills.com is a an online service for SMBs which provides a central dashboard for managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and cash flow management. It syncs with all major accounting systems like QuickBooks, Sage, Intaact, and NetSuite.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/RT/WW/5MET3LIBL3XO.pngBill.com is the best tool for accounts payableWe use Bill.com to process all invoices/payables for the company, especially invoices associated with a specific job or project, so that every invoice is approved by multiple team members and that the payment process is simple and fast for our CFO. We process hundreds of invoices every month, often with new vendors, and the approval and payment process is so smooth with Bill.com.,Approval workflow is perfect for ensuring everyone who needs to approve a bill does. Syncs with our financial software so that all jobs, accounts, bills, and payments sync (no double entry). The payment process is simple and gives us the ability to mark Paid, Print Check, e-Payment, or Send ACH. We also feel very secure knowing the security measures Bill.com implements. The invoicing portal (inbox) allows us to email all incoming invoices. The system reads much of the data for us, saving time.,The only issue we have is that Bill.com does not sync purchase orders from our financial software, so we cannot easily match an invoice (often a progress payment) to the purchase order. We have to use a PO clearing account in our software which simply adds some data entry. If they had this integration, the software would be perfect. The only other feature I would like to see improved is their reporting (though this has greatly improved over the past few months). They have added more filtering and reporting features.,9,The biggest return on investment is labor hours. We do not have to pay as much to manage so many vendors and bills. Also, it saves a lot of time (and headaches) for our CFO to approve and pay lots of bills. The approval workflow also saves us money because we are careful to only pay those invoices approved by the field superintendent and the project manager. And, since we are not writing checks out of our checking account, it is more secure for us .,Concur InvoiceEasy, Efficient, Integrated. Perfect for small businessesOur school uses Bill.com across our finance department. It provides a system of checks and balances for payment to vendors, as well as an easy form of ACH payments.,Ease of Use: can use the Bill.com app Integration: sync with Quickbooks or other software Affordable for small businesses,Easier ePayment system,10,Efficiency: easier vendor management. Flexibility: option for both ACH payments and physical checks. Integration: reliable transactions synced with our accounting software.,QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks OnlineReliable, electronic employee reimbursementsThe US branches of our company use Bill.com exclusively for electronic employee expense reimbursement payments. This allows US-based employees to receive expense reimbursements directly to their bank accounts through e-payments. It's a fast, easy, and paperless way to send employees payment for their corporate purchases, automatically without contacting the HR department. Wire transfers allow employees to access the funds quickly.,Billing and payments are completely automated, which makes the process very easy and hands-off for users. Setup was very simple. I just created an account and provided my bank details and have never logged in to the platform again. The email notifications letting me know about approved reimbursements are reliable, convenient, and helpful.,Currently, our company uses a different platform to submit expenses, we only use bill.com to receive them. So perhaps this isn't actually a place where bill.com could improve, but the expense submission process may not have been robust enough for our company. The bill.com platform wasn't the most beautiful or pleasing to use, but this is a minor fault. I'd love a way to set up recurring payments (e.g., my phone bill is reimbursed each month).,7,Saves money by streamlining the reimbursement process. All my bank info is already set and I can automatically receive payments once the reimbursements are improved. Reduces HR/finance workload by automatically notifying users of payments -- no need to communicate over email Most convenient way for employees to receive reimbursements (directly to the bank account),Rydoo (formerly Xpenditure),Postmark, Brandfolder, GoToMeeting, Gusto, Toggl, GrooveHQ, ClickUp, WordPress, Microsoft Office 365Huge Time and Money Saver!!Bill.com is being used to replace the need for an AP Department. I have been using the product for a few years now and it is such a time saver. It is used by the Accounting/ Finance Department at my company. I love how when you input a bill on Bill.com, it can be paid directly by Bill.com. It does all of the heavy lifting of cutting and mailing the check to the correct vendor. Because of Bill.com, we have no need to have someone be in charge of paying the bills and cutting the checks. Bill.com does it all. Bill.com is the best substitution to an AP person.,Eliminates the need for an accounts person. The ability to have multiple signers on the checks. Multiple people can be required to approve the check before it can be paid. Access Bill.com anywhere. They even have a good app to use.,A better understanding of the pricing model would be nice. I wish it integrated better with QuickBooks. Bill.com tries to integrate but it struggles to do a good job.,10,No need to hire someone to process the bills. Bill.com does all the heavy lifting. Requires approval from a manager before bills can be paid. Very affordable. Processing bills to pay each week only takes minutes instead of hours.,QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Enterprise SolutionsBill.com vs. QuickBooks ProWe used Bill.com as our primary tool to bill clients for advertising and any services provided by the company. It acted as the only way to bill customers remotely and get paid quickly.,Detailed invoices. Followup emails for past due invoices. Dashboard for all outstanding and paid invoices.,Better notification of when a bill was paid. Notification if email invoice was not received by customer. Wants too much information to setup an account in the system.,3,Slow to get paid. Was great at generating a fast invoice and bill, but slow to show results in followup. Did help increase consistency among the bills being sent.,QuickBooks Pro,8Optimizing Bill.com in Accounting SystemsMy clients use Bill.com as the system of record for disbursements to vendors and for reimbursement of employee expenses. This solution is being used across each organization and enables multi-level review and approval of payables obligations, central repository for documents from vendors and mobile management and access to vendor, cash flow and remittance information for management review without having to access each firms' accounting system. Bill.com seamlessly integrates with accounting systems --- my clients use QuickBooks, both hosted and online, NetSuite and Xero. Bill.com also integrates with Expensify, so employee expense reports can also go through multiple-level review and payments can be tracked and made electronically.,Seamless integration with major accounting systems and applications and intelligent, built-in workflow. This reduces duplication of work, skipped approval steps and delay in payment processing. Bill.com enables single repository storage for vendor invoice submission, unlimited storage for documents and good reporting capability. This assists with audit and control review. Bill.com provides live chat and call back capability from a knowledgeable customer service team. This is critically important, since accounting system synchronization is a complex matter and occasionally sync errors require some guidance to clear. Bill.com integrates well with 1099 preparation applications, which is critical at year end and saves data entry time when preparing these required forms.,The credit memo processing features in Bill.com could be built-out more fully. Additional report customization would be helpful. Batch-processing transaction capability could be developed.,10,Bill.com increases efficiency in invoice processing, saving hours of time and reducing duplication of efforts. Vendor set up and invoice processing time are reduced. Senior management can use Bill.com as a quick review of cash requirements and vendor activity, as well as provide approvals from anywhere.,,1,10,9,9Is Web Based AP in your future?My firm implements accounting software for mid market organizations. Part of that implementation has been Accounts Payable - Vendors, Vouchers, Checks, etc. We are starting to see some of our customers that are taking the entire AP function and moving it to the cloud by using Bill.com, an innovative new cloud solution for moving Accounts Payable to the web. Vouchers are scanned to the Bill.com web site, assigned to a vendor and coded to the chart of accounts. They then route to approvers through the internet with email notification and finally, Bill.com will send an ACH payment or cut a check. Approvals are automated, voucher image library is built, no software or hardware is required and fees are nominal. And Bill.com will perform the same functions for Accounts Receivable - allowing you to create invoices, route them to customers and receive payments. With AP and AR on the same system, cash forecasting is also supported!,Accounts Payable Imaging and Routing - No more file cabinets, not more chasing down invoices lost in mail boxes, no more delay in getting payments approved. No Software or Hardware - since Bill.com is completely cloud based, it is inexpensive to get started and convenient. Fees are Transaction Based - at this time, checks cost $1.49 and ACH payments are $.49 each. Monthly fees are between $50 and $200. Depending on volume, total costs can be much lower than traditional software systems. Eliminates paper checks and file cabinet storage of AP vouchers.,Cloud is a strength and a weakness - some customers prefer a personal on-site training resource. Integration to other systems can be limited - for instance, some AP systems integrate to Fixed Assets for automatic set up of new assets. When integrating back to GL systems, 1099 and other information can be difficult to map. Based on volume, the low per transaction fees can total more than on site software systems. But for low volume firms, cost is very nominal.,8,Increased efficiency in approvals Lower cost of systems and people Faster approvals for invoice payment Convenience and quality of solution.,Microsoft Dynamics GP,Microsoft Dynamics SL,8Great product to use!!I am using it for a client so that their bookkeeper can import the invoices and I can manage cash flow, data entry etc., to sync with QuickBooks. I am now their accounting department and Bill.com enables remote access and remote control. Also it's nice to be able to link invoices directly.,Sync with Quickbooks eliminates double entry. Invoices themselves are linked in system. Can pay from anywhere.,The screen is a little hard to navigate since there are many options on how to enter an invoice. I would prefer seeing a menu driven system sort of like QuickBooks that would be easier for my clients.,10,Better control over cash flow Oversight is better,Bill.comBill.com is being used by our whole organization as a tool for our client to pay bills and to issue and receive payment on invoices.,It is fairly easy to use and syncs very well with QuickBooks. Customer support is very helpful. It also provides a trail of what your client has paid and when. It helps with avoiding double payments.,When information is inadvertently deleted, there is no notification. If there is no name on a check, it can still be issued.,8,Better customer service Enables us to provide account payable and account receivable functionality remotely. Ease of use,Bill.com lets you give up check writing.Bill.com is being used to help customers pass on information to our team easily and to reduce time in the accounts payable process.,Bill.com lets us email bills directly to Bill.com, this feature saves us lots of time because we don't have to sort through tons of e-mails to find our clients accounts payable items. The digital copies it saves are easy to read and find. Easy communication between users and approvers.,It would be great if you could [pay] by via credit card in Bill.com. I would like the feature to allow users pay approved bills with limitations.,9,Better customer servcie. My clients like that I am looking out for their time.,Nothing compares to all the featuresBill.com reviewI use Bill.com to enter and pay bills for my business.,Click and drag to enter bills Cimple paying options,Getting rid of things that no longer belong there, for example, invoices I sent in 2013 that were paid to me directly. It's hard to know what my bank balance will be after the bills are paid. Why couldn't the paid bills show up in the bank account date when they will be paid?,9,It makes the bill paying process go faster.,no others,Implemented in-house,No,Trying to get rid of invoice management, and it's still there.,5Bill.com SPSEach financial operations associate uses Bill.com to support their individual clients. My clients use it for for AP and AR functions.,Bill.com makes it easy to upload vendor bills and enter into Bill.com for payment It is easy to find outstanding bills and vendors Easy to find uncleared checks Very easy sync with QuickBooks,I wouldn't mind being able to cut and paste details from bills into the bill entry screen.,8,Easier management of outflow of money Vendor satisfaction when bills are paid electronically,QuickBooksSave time & sanity with Bill.com!Local Offer Network (LON) had 3 main sectors of business: Catalyst (personalization platform), Dealradar.com (aggregate daily deal website), and VoucherPro (white-label tech platform used by publishers and manufacturers to create their own prepaid offer products). In our accounting department, I used Bill.com as an organizational, calculation, and pay-tool for our VoucherPro clients to assure local area merchants be paid for the daily deals that were sold on our various platforms. Bill.com was a one-stop solution for LON that easily integrated with the platform of our white-label website, systematically tracked bills & payments, and (most importantly) significantly reduced manual labor.,Bill.com's tracking of sent checks and instant access to proof of cashed/uncashed checks was a Tremendous help for LON when dealing with merchants who had claimed to never have received payment. I could easily login to the Bill.com system, take a screenshot of the cashed check (complete with signature on the back), and email the merchant the solid proof. This method is obviously MUCH preferred over having to call your bank, get put on hold, and eventually track down proof of a check being cashed that they then can can inconveniently snail-mail you several days later. This is the age of Technology, and Bill.com does it right. Bill.com's customer support team is second to none. They were always very patient, well-trained, and well-informed problem solvers. I truly believe Bill.com's biggest aspiration was for their product to work for US in every way possible. If we came to them with an idea to improve the product for our needs, they always listened, and nearly always provided a viable and timely solution. It's often difficult to have a real voice in the internet/e-commerce industry, so it was very refreshing for me to work with a company who cared so much about our success as a company, and bent over backwards to accommodate our growing needs.,It's been roughly 9 months since I've used bill.com, so I unfortunately can't remember any of the functionality issues I had experienced. I don't think any of Bill.com's features were hard to use...and even if they were or a one-off situation came up, the customer support team was so helpful that they would be able to teach you in no time. The only complaint I can think of at the moment is that support was not available late in the evenings or on the weekends, which was frustrating when getting stuck on a problem while burning the midnight oil. But perhaps support hours have expanded since then, I am not sure. One other thing I thought of that Bill.com may or may not have resolved by now, is that when you close a client company, Bill.com provides a CD-rom disc (for purchase) that allows you to access all of the information from that specific client after the Bill.com account has been closed (vendor information, check status, etc). However, being that none of the laptops in our office had disc drives, this company file disc was completely useless to us. It would have been more convenient to have either 1) USB version of the company file, or more preferred option, 2) Have Bill.com convert the online account to a read-only version so that you can still access the client information by logging in from anywhere there is internet access, but just don't have the ability to edit any of the information (which is not needed anyway).,10,Bill.com Definitely helped us save several hundred dollars per week on manual labor; that was the main benefit. It helped me to quickly access merchant account information in order to resolve check and billing issues much more quickly than using excel or our own platform. Also, as an immeasurable benefit, Bill.com truly saved my sanity---it was able to keep track of things for me (bills, checks, edit logs for all activity, etc), that would have otherwise been impossible for me to remember and track all on my own, and for that, I am very grateful!!,,10Bill.com streamlines bill paymentI own a small accounting firm and we serve companies in a broad range of industries with revenues typically less than $5million. I especially like bill.com for its ability to streamline payables and assist companies with cash flow management. It is also an effective tool allowing companies to seamlessly collaborate with an outside accounting firm.,Bill payment is clearly bill.com's strong suit. Getting bills into bill.com and paid is quite seamless. Scan, submit, code, schedule. done. Integration with Quickbooks is seamless. Clearing errors is typically easy. There is no rekeying information into Quickbooks. It quite literally is integration with the click of a button. I am working on integration with Xero and am finding the integration to require a bit more work. Simplifying the bill payment process. Moving through a batch of invoices to pay in Quickbooks is quite simple, and it is a great paperless data retention tool. Once the image is scanned and coded, you can route it for approval electronically, schedule for payment and then Bill.com issues the payment. If you need to access the bill later, you can find the document easily and even see the front and back of the cancelled check all in one place.,While I think the cost of a traditional paper process is higher, I do think Bill.com is a bit pricey. You need to have at least 15-20 checks or more to enter per month to have a cost savings. Integration with Xero requires a third party. Would be better if the connection was direct with Xero. It seems like for debit/credit card transactions there would be an easier/quicker way to get the documents processed in Bill.com so Bill.com can act as a central data storage location. There should be one go to location for all payments issued by a company.,10,Bill.com allows me to improve service levels while performing monthly accounting in a more streamlined manner. I would not offer bill payment as a service to my client if I couldn't use Bill.com Satisfied users of Bill.com have referred me to new business.,,10,2,2,Bill payments. Document Storage. Customer Invoicing.,Document storage for more than just bills. Collecting customer payments on invoices electronically. (Sending and receiving payment electronically) Setting up recurring bills such as rent to be paid automatically through Bill.com,Invoicing customers,10,No,When I opened a new account with Bill.com I received several calls from customer service to make sure implementation was going well.Bill.com reviewThe whole organization utilizes the software. We selected the software to digitize the entire A/P process from input through review to final payment.,Web based access Easy of use. The software is simple to install and maintain. Flexible. We don't have the ability to link our back end to the software but we are still able inport/export data with ease.,Maintaining the G/L codes (syncing them with our accounting package) is cumbersome. The reporting tools are not robust. There a few canned reports. More flexibility would be appreciated.,9,Drastically reduced A/P processing time We use a ton less paper Increase confidence in the reimbursement processes amongst staff members,,9Chill and pay your billAs a bookkeeping firm, we set up Bill.com for our clients to ease up the process of paying bills and receiving payments. Most of the bookkeepers who have multiple clients work mostly remotely so Bill.com eliminates the process of check runs thus saving multiple trips to the client's office. Moreover, Bill.com stores all the bills providing a convenient database for clients and bookkeepers.,The inbox is a convenient way of receiving bills as it extracts attachments from the incoming email converting them to the bills ready to process, it has an option to fax the bill directly to the inbox, and, my personal favorite, convenient drag-and-drop option for easily uploading documents to the inbox. OCR feature is amazing, it converts images to text and this enhances the search option making it easy to find documents by typing something that's in them into the search field. The "Most Recently Used" feature is a very convenient tool to quickly getting back to the previous documents that you have worked on.,Bill.com could improve on account selection when entering bills. In other words, if you do not have in mind a specific account, you will most likely have to go through the whole chart of accounts to find the suitable one. The type-in search is a bit too specific as typing in a parent account does not show its sub accounts if their name does not start the same way as the parent account.,9,Saved multiple trips to clients' office. Increased eficiancy Saved time and money for filing documents online,,9In love with bill.comMy company offers outsourced accounting services. Bill.com is one of the technology solutions in our bundled service package. The main problem it addresses is managing Accounts Payable for our clients. We are no longer shuffling paper; no checks to print, no envelopes to stuff, no stamps to adhere, and no paper to file. It's a dream!,As mentioned previously, it's a paperless solution. That alone is a huge selling point! My clients can have multi-level approval processes in place, should that be important to them. (such as department supervisor first, and CEO as the second approver) Vendor payments can be set up ahead of time, so that you will never have another late payment again. Each client has a dedicated fax number and a dedicated email for their bill.com account, making it easy to put A/P processes in place for clients and vendors alike. On the A/R side, invoicing customers and being paid electronically is fantastic! I personally use bill.com to automatically invoice my clients each month; and I'm automatically paid as well.,Accounts Receivable is good, but not great. The biggest problem for clients is attempting to manage A/R from the bill.com portal when their staff does not have access to the accounting software. In QB, jobs are added as sub-names to Customers for easy management of multiple projects. In bill.com those jobs are synced (and appear to be) separate Customers, not jobs associated with Customers. I'm not a fan of the reports in bill.com, but I don't personally see that as an issue because I can run reports in the accounting software.,10,Increased efficiency Streamlined processes Easy collaboration,,2,10,Implemented in-house,9,10Bill.com from sales perspective for a bookkeeping companyBill.com is a very important part of how I sell our services at Supporting Strategies. I speak about how it streamlines the bill paying process for our clients (we are bookkeepers).,Builds in work flow for bill routing and approval. Eliminates paper check runs. Makes tracking the bills easy.,From a sales perspective, there's nothing about Bill.com that I think should change. Your technical folks could answer this question better.,9,From sales perspective - major ROI - I sell it on every call Faster lead conversion Definitely increased employee efficiency for our bookkeepers,,60,5,Efficiency for bill pay Integration with QuickBooks Automation on client-side,I get paid my expenses as a sales person. We pay 1099 contractors.,Bringing on more sales people. Paying different vendors.,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,I didn't affect the buying process.,Don't know,Change management was a minor issue with the implementation,I did not implement.,8,No,9,No,I don't call too often, so "exceptional" support, I cannot say.,QuickBooks integration Getting the notices saying "Bill.com has paid" you, so that you know to look in your bank account,I can't really say any are cumbersome... the functions for which I use it are very easy.,9Bill.com - Good product, unprofessional companyWe're a startup business that's growing rapidly. We needed a way to pay our contractors that integrated with QuickBooks. Bill.com seemed to fit the bill (so to speak). We tried it for a month and it worked well for us. However, six days after the trial ended and before our next pay run, I received a terse and unprofessional overdue notice. Three days later I received the same notice simply re-forwarded with no other explanation. If this is how Bill.com treats potential customers, what is its customer support going to be like? I for one am not signing up to find out.,Bill.com provided an efficient way for us to pay our contractors on time. Integrated well with QuickBooks.,First impressions matter. I'd rather work with a company that acts professionally even if it means I have to spend time researching alternative products.,1,None.,Fast, Reliable & Paperless OptionBill.com is used across the entire company and is considered the preferred method for A/P and A/R processing. Bill.com streamlines the A/P, A/R process so our clients can focus on their business. It is a benefit to our company because we operate our business remotely and Bill.com allows us to efficiently manage the A/P and A/R functions without needing to be physically in the office.,Paperless storage of bills and other important documents, as well as, easy uploading - either directly in Bill.com or e-mail Easy setup of users and specific roles and payment audit trail solves issues with paperless internal controls ACH/ePayments allows payments to be received faster than a typical A/P collection process,International ACH payment processing Improve report customization Ability to download and export (Excel) Payables>Pay screen to help with cash flow forecasting Improve detail on sync error status - not enough explanation on sync errors. Once you select the error (i.e. bill) it brings you to the transactions, and even if you don't fix the error it states the error was resolved, BUT the error was not resolved. Very confusing.,10,Bill.com support team responds in a fast and professional manner which improves our customer service to our clients Increased employee efficiency and streamline workflows by decreasing time spent processing A/P and follow-up on outstanding A/R Increased visibility of A/P and A/R for virtual bookkeeping company,QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions,QuickBooks Premier,QuickBooks ProNo more wrestling paper, lost checks and payment approvals!My company uses Bill.com to provide outsourced accounts payable services to our bookkeeping clients. Additionally we have found that Bill.com is a cost effective paperless document management tool. For our business it solves the problem of needing to issue paper checks and track down paper receipts. With Bill.com we prepare invoices and bills to be paid, the client approves via Bill.com and an electronic payment or paper check is sent out accordingly.,Sending direct deposit payments to vendors. Either the vendor can sign up for a free Bill.com account or enter their direct deposit authorization manually and for a $0.50 fee payments can be made electronically. No more checks lost in the mail. Easily allow for multiple people to approve a bill before payment. This is a great feature for smaller organizations that still need a lot of oversight, such as a non-profit. Bill.com does a great job with document management. Documents can be attached at a transaction level, company/vendor as well as a few other options. They are stored in PDF format and can be easily printed if needed. This eliminates hunting down past years A/P files to double check charges.,To use Bill.com for Accounts Receivable means needing to sign up for a merchant account with their preferred provider, PayTrace. While this company may indeed have great rates as they promise, it's a bit aggravating to have a second merchant account in the mix. Duplicate vendor and client entries happen on occasion as a result of syncing between Bill.com and the accounting software. Most of the time merging the contacts is easy, but occasionally a hiccup occurs that requires tech support to untangle. There is no mobile app, but instead a mobile site that works fairly well to access a handful of Bill.com functions.,8,We got rid of paper! All receipts, copies of invoices, contracts and anything else we come across gets stored in Bill.com. We don't waste time getting invoices approved and checks signed. AP gets entered into Bill.com, the appropriate person approves and an electronic payment is sent. We saved a ton of time chasing what bills needed to be paid and checks lost in the mail. Some vendors are simply not interested in signing up for direct deposit. It is nearly $2 to send a paper check through Bill.com to these vendors. Luckily the convenience still outweighs this cost, but if we couldn't get so many vendors accepting of direct deposit, Bill.com might not have made sense.,,2,10Great for A/P, but A/R weak. Stellar support.We use Bill.com for two things: Accounts payable -- across the company we input all invoices into Bill.com (or have them sent to an email address that forwards to our Bill.com inbox). From there our (outsourced) accounting service enters the invoice information, encodes the vendors (or adds them) which is all synced with Quickbooks Online. Then we're able to route the invoices for approval by the appropriate persons within our company, schedule payment, etc.Expense reports -- we have all our employees setup as 'vendors' within Bill.com and have them send expense reports to the same email inbox. This makes routing / approving /paying expense reports very simple (although we do have to explain to people who are also approvers/bill.com users that they'll be both a 'user' and a 'vendor')As a 10 person company (and I've used it at a ~130 person company), this allows us to dedicate nearly zero time and money to dealing with payables. It's a huge return on a very modest expense.,Bill.com is a very inexpensive solution for paperless accounts payable It syncs seamlessly with quickbooks online in both directions (you can add vendors in Bill.com at time of first invoice for instance) Bill.com has good workflow / approval routing capability, which is both simple to use and is extremely helpful for distributed teams like ours.,The accounts receivable function was weak (as of late 2011) Onboarding employees as vendors (for direct deposit reimbursement of expenses) can be a bit odd to explain. Bill.com should probably have a special case concept of a "employee vendor" and change the language and terminology in the interface. That said it's possible that we are using it for an unintended use case (expense reimbursement processing) but it works well enough. There are a few nits I'd pick with the interface, such as adding multiple pages from the inbox to a single bill, and I'd like easier quick searching of the payables pipeline (an interactive single-step filter by type-ahead by vendor). None of these are showstoppers though.,9,The return was less time spent dealing with paper, the ability for AP clerk(s) to code and enter invoices remotely, less time wasted by employees tracking down "where is my expense report" -- and the investment was minimal.,,12,0,Accounts Payable (including employee Expense Reports) Workflow routing for approval Payment processing,We use it to process employee expense reports which probably isn't that innovative but it does feel like a bit of an edge case. There are probably better solutions (Expensify?) for expense reports in particular but we won't need to consider adding another system to the mix until we grow much larger as a company.,We might use it for the receivables functions in the future. When I last looked at them a year or two ago the capability here was very early and rather weak, but it's probably worth a look again in the future. It also appears from a recent user survey (April 2014) that Bill.com may be considering adding payables / receivables financing from directly within the platform via 3rd party underwriters which could be useful to many customers.,10,,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,8,Self-taught,I'd recommend that you either get instruction from someone experienced (for syncing chart of accounts & transactions with the GL for instance), or use whatever training is available from Bill.com to make sure you set it up properly and get the most out of the system.,No,10,No,We ran into a snag when attempting to automatically validate ownership of the bank account we were associating with Bill.com. The automatically generated questions didn't seem to have any correct answers for me (and were probably related to a departed founder of the company). As a result the system locked us out of that function but via the online help feature they were able to quickly resolve the problem. I also had questions about a few features in the early days after we were implemented, and via online chat someone always seemed to be available, knowledgeable, and resolved my question(s) very quickly. Basically any time I've had an issue or question they have been as good or better than any vendor I've worked with.,8,9,10,Quickbooks Enterprise (at a prior company) Quickbooks Online (at my current company),10,I don't believe we negotiated at all. The pricing was very standard, reasonable, and inexpensive.
Bill.com

Bill.com Reviews

Bill.com

Showing 22 of 79 Bill.com ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
David Turner profile photo
July 18, 2019

Bill.com is the best tool for accounts payable

Alternatives Considered

We tried Concur Invoice and it was not user-friendly at all. It was cumbersome, did not sync well with our system, was confusing for our field team to approve, and did not offer payment methods. We were so frustrated, and when we found Bill.com we were so elated. Bill.com solved so many problems for us that Concur could not.
Read David Turner's full review
June 12, 2019

Reliable, electronic employee reimbursements

Alternatives Considered

• Rydoo (formerly Xpenditure)
Previously, we used Rydoo for submitting, approving, and receiving reimbursements. We switched to bill.com after changing our external tax consultants in the US. We still use Rydoo for the submitting and approving part and only use bill.com to receive payment. I admit I find Rydoo easier to use, with a cleaner interface and friendlier brand voice.
JaCoby Marston, CPA profile photo
January 04, 2019

Huge Time and Money Saver!!

Alternatives Considered

I know that QuickBooks Online has the option to directly pay vendors through its software, but I have found that using Bill.com is the best for paying your bills. The biggest difference is Bill.com has the approval requirement before any bill can be paid and you can require that a bill is approved by many different people. Also, I love how easy it is to use. It literally takes only minutes to process a bill and there is no need to worry about processing a check. Bill.com does integrate with QuickBooks.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Tina Gregory profile photo
August 30, 2015

Optimizing Bill.com in Accounting Systems

Alternatives Considered

Banks and other financial institutions provide electronic bill pay and processing services, but these generally do not provide the embedded approval and security which Bill.com does. Accounting software also enables bill payment, but then requires access to the main accounting system, which Bill.com avoids, so sales management, for example can still review and approve team expense reports without having to sign in to accounting systems. Bill.com supports payment through PayPal as well, which can be very useful when remitting to smaller vendors or those who may not have standard bank relationships.
Read Tina Gregory's full review
Bill Aiton profile photo
December 19, 2014

Is Web Based AP in your future?

• Microsoft Dynamics GP,Microsoft Dynamics SL
These on premise solutions can be hosted in the cloud and the manage the AP function as an integral part of the accounting software solution. Approvals and routing are basic, but can be enhanced by third party products. These are tried and true solutions which many accounts are familiar with and comfortable with. While they are not fully browser enabled, you can expect them to offer functions similar to Bill.com. At lower volumes, they will be more expensive but at higher volumes of transactions, they will be comparable. They require hardware and software in place by the organization and take longer to deploy. Still excellent options.
Read Bill Aiton's full review
Erin Thorp profile photo
June 30, 2014

Save time & sanity with Bill.com!

Alternatives Considered

I have only worked with other accounting software such as QB Pro, QB Enterprise, QB Online, and PeachTree. I was not involved in the decision to work with Bill.com (which happened prior to me being hired at the company), nor have I worked with or researched any other competitors, so I am not qualified to make any comparison.
Read Erin Thorp's full review
November 11, 2015

Chill and pay your bill

Alternatives Considered

Bill.com was my first option and I am perfectly happy with it. I have been using Bill.com for over 2 years and haven't found a single reason to switch to any of the competitors.
August 19, 2015

In love with bill.com

Alternatives Considered

I have not used or evaluated any competitors; however, I have used several banks' bill-pay function which I find to be wholly inefficient and time-consuming.
September 25, 2014

Great for A/P, but A/R weak. Stellar support.

Alternatives Considered

Bill.com had just been implemented when I joined the company where I first used it. I never saw a need to look at anything else. In my current role, I turned to Bill.com again and had it up and running within a few hours.

About Bill.com

Bill.com is a an online service for small to midsize businesses which provides a central dashboard for managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and cash flow management. It syncs with all major accounting systems like QuickBooks, Sage, Intaact, and NetSuite.

Bill.com offers four pricing options. The $20 per user, per month Essentials package contains payable OR receivable management with unlimited document storage and workflow approval. The $30 dollar Team plan syncs with accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks) and has some analytic features. The $50 Corporate package supports AR & AP and has more robust Workflow options. Finally the tailor-made Enterprise level syncs with other popular software (e.g. Salesforce) and grants API access to Bill.com.

Bill.com Integrations