Formerly Bill.com

Score 7.4 out of 10

What is BILL?

Bills.com is a an online service for SMBs which provides a central dashboard for managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and cash flow management. It syncs with all major accounting systems like QuickBooks, Sage, Intaact, and NetSuite.

Horrible Experience

August 17, 2022
We subscribed to Bill.com to complement our Quickbooks.com accounting system and use mainly the Accounts Payable and Receivable features. …

Bill.com

July 14, 2022
We needed a solution for our payables and bill.com fit the bill. The volume that we process (800+ per week) seems to cause problem with …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BILL, and make your voice heard!

Essentials

$45

Team

$55

Corporate

$79

per user/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.bill.com/product/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $45 per month

What is BILL?

BILL (formerly Bill.com) delivers financial process efficiency to small businesses and mid-sized companies through streamlined accounts payable and accounts receivable management. It leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to reduce data entry and human error. Bill.com gets more intelligent as it is used, learning user processes and preferences to provide greater control over every aspect of bill management. The modern user interface is designed to deliver greater efficiency, so users can do more in less time. And with support for all types of workflows, BILL scales with a business as it grows.

BILL Features

• Supported: AP and AR Automation

BILL Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesUnited States

BILL starts at $45.

AvidXchange, MineralTree, and Tipalti are common alternatives for BILL.

Reviewers rate Performance highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of BILL are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

August 17, 2022

Horrible Experience

top solution out there to simplify accounting and finance tracking. Only negative note: they started charging for every single client ACH payment done through Quickbooks. Originally this feature was free, but then it grew to up to $10 per transaction. Reason for which we had to look into alternate solutions.
In my last job, we used Clients and Profits (which isn't listed as a product). We switched from it to NetSuite and I believe used Epay to print checks from CSV import files generated from NetSuite. Bill.com seems way easier and streamlined.
Lynne Fedorick | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com was something my employer uses in the US. But it certainly doesn't work here in Canada [in my experience]. Paypal is easy to retrieve payments from and Quickbooks is almost seamless. The sign-in process through the Bill.com App is ridiculous [in my opinion] and users must request a new password each time they use it.
Deanna Williamson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was not involved in the selection process but we implemented Bill.com when the business started in 2013, so we have used it from the beginning. We use QuickBooks Online for our management company bookkeeping but we choose to process payments through Bill.com because it's more efficient and has better features. We definitely do not want to print checks out of our office.
I have received paper checks and direct deposit from my previous employers. Those are much much easier to use.
The only problem I have had with those is being unable to deposit coin with my check for $x99.96 at some banks.

I did not select Bill.com, my employer did.
Sura Hart | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's more flexible and affordable than Expensify and QB online. It allows a more novice user to understand and manage the backend of the platform. It costs less for growing companies since you don't have to sign a long contract. Its similar in flexibility of payments to PayPal but it's more professional and has more reporting and AR features.
Bill does not stack well against it competitors. I believe Sage Intacct Accounts Payable or Purchasing Module would be a lot better used for all Accounts Payable needs. I also believe AvidXchange and Concur would come into a close second due to the fact that the publishers respond with quicker turnaround and are more knowledgeable and does allow ways to customize to your specific organization's process and needs.
We currently use Ariba, Coupa, Tungsten Network and many more invoice upload websites. Bill.com is a much easier user friendly site than majority of these other sites. Bill.com allows the upload process of invoices to be much simpler than many other sites. It also allows us to connect to our customers account in a few very simple clicks.
We are switching from Bill.com to Tipalti because it is able to handle everything Bill.com cannot and allows our company to quickly scale. Bill.com has had the opposite effect on our company. We could not continue to scale until we decided to stop using their service. It was either change payment systems or hire an accountant just to deal with the manual processes caused by Bill.com.
September 11, 2020

Huge Time and Money Saver!!

JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I know that QuickBooks Online has the option to directly pay vendors through its software, but I have found that using Bill.com is the best for paying your bills. The biggest difference is Bill.com has the approval requirement before any bill can be paid and you can require that a bill is approved by many different people. Also, I love how easy it is to use. It literally takes only minutes to process a bill and there is no need to worry about processing a check. Bill.com does integrate with QuickBooks.
Bill.com's strongest characteristic is that it integrates seamlessly with our GL system. Of the systems that I have used, Bill.com has required the least amount of mental energy ensuring that everything is being processed correctly and that all payments/transactions integrate correctly with our GL system. It has saved countless hours of both frustration and time working through canceling checks, reconciling bank statements, and researching system integration issues. I have yet to encounter a situation where something did not integrate correctly with our GL requiring us to reach out to support or burn energy researching which invoice didn't sync correctly when we complete our month-end close.

As noted previously, the approval workflows are much simpler than other systems I have used which limits Bill.com's ability to scale with an organization. Since implementing, we have largely migrated off of Bill.com as an invoice approval platform and instead use it primarily as a vehicle for initiating payments on all of our vendors. When used in this fashion, Bill.com is by far the easiest system to use.
We looked at software called Connect Booster that would have integrated with another piece of software we use (ConnectWise). We selected Bill.com over Connect Booster because it was much more cost-effective. I wish there was a way to integrate credit card payments as well.
Compared to Mineral.tree, Bill.com offers much of the same functionality at a much nice price point. I think Mineral Tree has Bill.com beat with some higher-end features, such as international capabilities, etc. Yet most domestic organizations do not require this advanced functionality, especially at such a high price point. Bill.com is the clear winner.
We tried Concur Invoice and it was not user-friendly at all. It was cumbersome, did not sync well with our system, was confusing for our field team to approve, and did not offer payment methods. We were so frustrated, and when we found Bill.com we were so elated. Bill.com solved so many problems for us that Concur could not.
  • Rydoo (formerly Xpenditure)
Previously, we used Rydoo for submitting, approving, and receiving reimbursements. We switched to bill.com after changing our external tax consultants in the US. We still use Rydoo for the submitting and approving part and only use bill.com to receive payment. I admit I find Rydoo easier to use, with a cleaner interface and friendlier brand voice.