March 03, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Read David Miller's full review
Pros and Cons
- Our clients (faculty/staff and students) number close to 50,000. Cumulus' online database allows us to share photos and place any restrictions we deem appropriate, like password protection or print permissions.
- Cumulus' dashboard is really easy to navigate. There are two sections on the left rail (categories and filters), and approximately 10-40 photos per page, whichever you choose. There's a rollover function that enlarges the pic, and the tabs to download or compile is underneath.
- Cumulus' search is pretty precise. Our photo data base is 300,000 photos deep, and it was once twice that amount, with many photos falling into the same categories.
- While the rollover feature is helpful, it tends to stick and lag. The enlargement is only twice the size of the thumbnail, which, for pictures with great detail, can be useless, forcing the user to download it and open it up Photoshop.
- The slide feature to increase the size of the photos in the catalog should make the photos larger than they are. For photos with detail, or photos that have a lot of black or dark colors, it's difficult to see, especially on a laptop.
- When a photo is in the basket, the "preview" function, much like the rollover, provides a small photo that's no larger than the thumbnail. What's strange is that sometimes the function will provide a much larger preview, but there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for it. It's completely random.