https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/0I/2D/LB25RQ82W2PF.PNGVWO: The tool you never knew you needed.We use VWO primarily for its A/B testing functionality, secondarily for its ability to edit website content on the fly and implement flexible customer experience surveys. We use VWO in our EBSCO Mags business line, a B2B magazine agent. It allows us to implement A/B tests based on user behavior and other criteria and it allows the marketing department to make changes to the website before the Web Development team is able to implement permanent changes.,A/B testing. VWO users are able to use all sorts of criteria to trigger and serve an A/B test, and the editor functionality is extremely flexible in editing page content. Surveys. We're looking to expand our surveys with the new logic functionality that VWO is beta testing. Web content editing that circumvents the web development "wait time". If marketing needs something simple changed on a webpage, all we have to do is go in VWO and edit or hide it.,Continued learning. I think that quarterly product update calls would help us understand what's new in the VWO universe.,10,Optimized our checkout process to increase conversion rates by as much as 3%. Prospected high-value customers with triggered surveys based on customer on-site time.,We have, we've implemented seven A/B tests and learned about our users' behavior. Our most significant test was removing buttons that showed up above the "Check Out" button in the shopping cart, increasing our conversion rate and giving us the knowledge that we should move that button elsewhere. We've also tested things like implementing sticky product-page CTA buttons and creating a different homepage experience for logged in users.,This bit has been tricky - I think the functionality is there, we've just been limited on our end about how to best take advantage of it. I think in the future we're looking to pass our custom customer segments as javascript variables so that VWO is able to read those variables and serve the user the appropriate version of the page we want them to see (as of right now our variables are PHP).,The editor is easy to use! Seriously, anyone that has used MS Paint can use VWO's editor. But it does allow for HTML/CSS savvy users to go in and make custom changes too, which is nice.,Google Optimize,Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager,1,1,Changing web content on the fly A/B testing and optimization Web personalization,Implementing website banners for promotions Customizing content based on user data,More A/B tests Prospecting high-value clients Finding new ways to personalize content,10,No,Price Product Features Product Reputation,I wouldn't - we evaluated three similar services and I think we made the right decision.,Implemented in-house,We didn't have any issues - we implemented the script and were able to use VWO. For reference, we're a relatively small business (<50 employees).,10,Online training Self-taught,7,The upside is the product is very intuitive - easy to learn and has enough depth for complex tests.,9,Just paste the VWO script into the &lt;head&gt; tag of your website. Make sure that the script is implemented correctly by trying to edit a page within an A/B test.,No - there is no facility to customize the interface,Some - we have added small pieces of custom code,No,10,No,I needed help replacing any instance of a page element with another page element on a webpage. The customer service rep wrote some javascript for me that did exactly what I wanted to do. I didn't need to know anything about Javascript and they did it for me, when they easily could have just sent me a link to a w3schools page.,Project management flow. The track - plan - analyze - test - and target modules take you all the way through implementing an A/B test, from observing user behavior to implementing a permanent change to your website. Content editing. It's built for anyone to use, but if you know HTML/CSS/Javascript it's friendly to use too!,Sometimes making changes to an existing A/B test, even if they're insignificant, can cause VWO to give error notifications. I'd like to be able to ignore these if possible. Occasionally, I'll need to add a bit of Javascript to a page to make sure all of the elements load correctly. A customer support rep helped me with this.,9,9,10,9,Google Analytics,Google Analytics data in VWO,Javascript widgets,4,If you want to see VWO tests in Google Analytics, follow this link: https://vwo.com/knowledge/how-to-integrate-with-google-universal-analytics/,9,10,We didn't negotiate, we signed on to one of the prepackaged plans.,Just make sure you have a clear understanding of each of VWO's different plans and what each plan provides. Make sure that your business will use the plan that you're thinking about getting and that the number of sessions matches up with the traffic your website gets. Other than that, just pick what you think is right for you.,No,N/A,We don't plan to upgrade.,No,NoVWO Review from agency perspectiveVWO is being used to analyze client's sites and improve their conversion rates. It addresses issues related to UX or poor conversion performance. We use this tool across a variety of templates and sites to gather insights on user journeys and flows.,Insights. Reporting. Integration.,Hard to build tests when dealing with dynamic content. The WYSIWYG can be confusing as most tests require development. It would be good to have an easier integration with Google Analytics.,9,Increased CR for clients. Increase in sales. A better understanding of how users navigate thought the sites.,When using VWO we undertake a thorough process of understanding and auditing the site in question. Thanks to the analysis tools like heat maps and recordings we are able to do so. The funnels are also a feature that provides great insights on bottlenecks. The different tests then allow us to find the best pages and remove as many blockages as possible on the path to conversion.,We use segmenting in order to tailor our tests to specific channels as well as users. As we are a performance agency, we control the traffic that we deliver on the site which then is carefully segmented to tailored tests based on traffic intent. Paid media being different than organic for example.,We do not really use it, as most of our tests involve dynamic content, and therefore we build our tests from scratch.,Google Optimize,Google Analytics, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Datorama,3,2,Conversion rate optimisation User experience optimisation Conversion funnel analysis,N/A N/A N/A,We might use it more to analyse user journeys through a site,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,If I had to do it again I would look more into the way you can create tests and the limitations of the WYSIWYG editors. All the platforms tend do say creating tests is as easy as plug and play but when you look deeper into it, you'll notive that development tends to be involved if you one to create in-depth testing.Visual Website Optimizer: Improve Conversion Rates with this Robust ToolWe use Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) to run tests on our lead gen sites in order to improve conversion rates. The Marketing Department identifies pages that we would like to improve and then we set up A/B split tests to test enhancements to these pages.,Once it's set up, one of the best features of VWO is that the WYSIWYG editor allows us to make comprehensive revisions to the layout, images and content without needing to get designers or IT involved. Of course, we use these resources on the more important tests, but this flexibility makes the testing process much smoother. I think that the heatmaps/clickmaps are a very cool feature. VWO gives us the option of collecting clickmap data with every test that that we run. This data is fantastic to have as it shows us what elements on the page are getting the most attention from visitors. We can then adjust these elements in future tests to draw more or less attention, as needed. Not only does VWO support A/B split tests, multivariate tests and split URL tests, but it also lets us segment the traffic that sees a test by different criteria such as geo location and traffic source. Also, when running tests concurrently, we can prevent visitors that see one test from seeing another. This is a great feature because it allows us to speed up our testing process without skewing results with "cross-over" visits. The revenue tracking feature is not one that we currently use since our sites are built for lead generation. But I've used this feature with e-commerce sites before and it is very helpful to see the impact on revenue in addition to the impact on conversion rates, especially when your products or services have different price points. VWO support is outstanding. They have always responded to my questions and requests quickly, and have assisting in helping us solve complicated technical issues.,I really don't have anything bad to say about VWO. If I nit pick, I would say that I'd like to see graphs displayed in the dashboard so that we can get a snapshot view of our tests without having to click into the test details. I also wish that it would save a snapshot of the test variations instead of pulling them live. After a test has run its course, we sometimes update the page and, in doing so, we lose an example of what the original variation looked like. I capture screenshots before updating the pages, but it would be great if VWO did this for me.,9,We have seen double digit improvements to our conversion rates in some of our successful VWO tests. This results in more leads from the same amount of traffic. And when traffic increases, the gains compound! VWO has allowed us to be much more efficient in our testing process, which has lead to more tests being run and sustained incremental gains to our sites' conversion rates.,UnBounce,Google Analytics,10,Implemented in-houseVWO is the way to goTrinity Insight uses VWO to implement and conduct A/B/n and Multivariate tests, heat maps and click maps, and geo-targeting initiatives. VWO is utilized by our Engineering Dept. and allows us to help our clients test and target pain points of their website's goal funnels to collect data that will assist them in making more informed decisions about the evolution of their business.,Great UI and features available for beginners or advanced developers. Excellent support with great response time. Created by a company that is very forward thinking.,Complete integration with Universal Analytics.,8,The positive impact that VWO has had for us has been giving us the ability to take a data-driven approach to improving processes and user experience on our clients websites.,Optimizely,10,Implemented in-houseVisual Website Optimizer ReviewCurrently we use VWO to conduct AB Tests on our site. I am running AB tests part time and conduct meetings with the owners of the company on a weekly basis to discuss results and future tests. AB Testing has allowed us to confidently make changes to our website and increase the quality of usability with our visitors.,Easy to use and set up goals Only one tracking code needs to be installed Will alert you when a metric has reached statistical significance,The editor seems finicky at times, some elements need to be coded in the variation to work properly I rarely get a correct preview of my variation, I have to view it in the editor to see it After a test is completed and stopped, some of the data may be lost, I have noticed days missing from several reports, so always document results outside of VWO,7,Increased overall conversion rate Higher order value per customer Higher awareness of visitor usability of website,Optimizely,1,5
VWO

VWO Reviews

VWO
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 20 of 170 VWO ratings and reviews.

March 01, 2019

"VWO Review from agency perspective"

Likelihood to Renew

VWO is one of the leader in the CRO platform game and we feel it is quite powerful if you know how to develop (JS). It incorporates a lot of interesting features as well as good integrations.
Jose Terrier profile photo
April 08, 2015

VWO: "Visual Website Optimizer: Improve Conversion Rates with this Robust Tool"

Likelihood to Renew

VWO is easy to use, offers robust features and is cost-effective - especially when it helps you move the needle and show conversion rate improvements. From my experience and my colleagues' experience, it is the best testing tool that we've seen. I would definitely recommend VWO to both new and advanced users.
Read Jose Terrier's full review
Heather Marra profile photo
February 11, 2015

VWO: "Visual Website Optimizer Review"

Likelihood to Renew

I am unsure at this moment, but more than likely (because of the price) we will continue our subscription with VWO. After our trial has ended with Optimizely, we will compare which testing platform has suited us better over a 30 day period. VWO is easier to use than Optimizely at this point, but I am also relatively new to Optimizely and have not full explored the tools they offer to fully learn the program.
Read Heather Marra's full review
Tom Kerwin profile photo
May 23, 2014

Review: "VWO: Very Worthy Option if you want to move fast, tweak as you go and do it yourself."

Likelihood to Renew

It's great value and we think we've ironed out all the major teething troubles. However, if we experience any more bugs or problems that significantly slow us down then we're seriously considering switching to Optimizely, which I haven't personally tested but have heard great things about from my CRO peers.
Read Tom Kerwin's full review
Mike Perla profile photo
December 14, 2013

VWO Review: "Visual Website Optimizer: A Great Way to Start Testing Today"

Likelihood to Renew

I had a great experience using VWO. It was my tool of choice and allowed me to make a huge impact on my client's ROI. However, I do view it as a great entry level testing tool and I currently need something more robust. I am currently Conversion Optimization Manager at a Fortune 500 company and I am in need of an enterprise level solution.
Read Mike Perla's full review
May 10, 2014

VWO Review: "Easy to use tool, especially suitable for small companies"

Likelihood to Renew

There might be other tools on the market that work better together with our current code. And as our business grows a solution where we have to do less by ourselves might be a better choice. Also the possibility to analyse more variables on a test campaign would change my decision.
December 14, 2013

VWO Review: "Is Visual Website Optimizer Right for You?"

Likelihood to Renew

Visual Website Optimizer is a easy to use and powerful tool for testing web pages. We use it to test lead generation websites to increase the number of people that complete a form. Before we decided to go with Visual Website Optimizer we did research into other options and found Visual Website Optimizer to be one of the best.
June 10, 2014

User Review: "VWO Made CRO A Reality!"

Likelihood to Renew

If it were up to me, yes I would renew. However it is down to my boss! Price is probably going to be the biggest hindrance of renewal. Secondly, would be a lack of customer education about the benefits (which I understand is our job, however sometimes Brits are slow to change!).

About VWO

VWO is an A/B testing and conversion optimization platform that enables growing businesses to conduct qualitative and quantitative visitor research, build an experimentation roadmap and run continuous experiments on their digital properties.

With its 5 capabilities Plan, Track, Test, Analyze, and Target, it brings the entire CRO (conversion rate optimization) process at one place. VWO helps online businesses follow the process- and data-driven conversion optimization to boost their conversion rates.

With features like heatmaps, surveys, visitor recordings, and others, VWO enables businesses to develop an in-depth understanding of on-site visitor behavior. VWO facilitates conducting research-driven A/B testing to optimize web experience across desktop, mobile, and other devices, to deliver a unique experience based on visitor preferences.

According to the vendor, VWO has helped more than 4,500 brands across the globe to run over 600,000 experiments to date. VWO’s global customer base includes brands like Vodafone, Samsung, Toyota, and eBay.

VWO Features

Has featureSelf Hosting
Has featureComprehensive Reporting
Has featureRevenue Tracking
Has featureIntegrated Heatmaps, Clickmaps and Scrollmaps
Has featureDIY Visual Editor (WYSIWYG)
Has featureAdvanced jQuery based API

VWO Screenshots

VWO Video

VWO Integrations

VWO Competitors

Adobe Target, Optimizely, AB Tasty, Omniconvert, Frosmo, Google Analytics, Convert.com, Adobe Test & Target

TESTINGGet a DemoThe classic VWO A/B testing solution
CONVERSION OPTIMIZATIONGet a DemoThe all-in-one platform for all your optimization needs
ENTERPRISEGet a DemoCustomized solution with advanced AB testing and conversion optimization capabilities

For any additional information about pricing and plans, visit https://vwo.com/pricing/

VWO Support Options