Score 7.4 out of 10

Yes and No

July 08, 2022
I use the platform for media monitoring and reporting. It allows me to see the coverage of stories created by the University to meet KPIs …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, and make your voice heard!

30 people want pricing too

What is Brandwatch?

Brandwatch, from Cision (acquired February 2021) is an enterprise social intelligence platform that is designed to allow brands to listen and analyze online conversation to extract meaningful insights, inform their business decisions and understand more about the return on their marketing spend.

What is PRunderground.com?

PRUnderground is a media distribution tool for public relations, from the company of the same name headquartered in New York.

Product Demos

The New Meltwater
00:50

What is Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform?

Meltwater Media Intelligence platform is a set of public relations software tools for media monitoring, social media monitoring, and collecting brand insights. The four areas of functionality are Monitor, Analyze, Distribute, and Engage. (Note that this product combines features from the vendor Meltwater's former Buzz, Press, and News products.)

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Video

The Meltwater Media Intelligence Solution

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Competitors

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Technical Details

Cision Communications Cloud, Agility PR Solutions, and Mention are common alternatives for Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.9.

The most common users of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Maya DeJoie | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater serves as an all-in-one platform, so it has benefitted us greatly in being able to service a variety of needs in one place. Having a streamlined platform is important to our team since it can feel counterproductive to visit a variety of products to service one client's needs. So, Meltwater has been essential in ensuring our needs are met through one destination.
I started using Meltwater because of a client. I do find it much easier to use than Cision. I hear good things about Muck Rack and recently had a demo. That's probably the one I would use if I were to leave Meltwater. Cision has always been difficult to use, in my opinion.
We actually use both Cision and Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform. I prefer Cision over Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform in that the analytics are better, plus the competitor tracking has made my job SO much easier. After working with the customer service/technical team, I was able to set up competitor tracking for one of my clients, who is hyper-focused on their competition. In addition, I also prefer Cision because the platform is much more user-friendly. I can easily log in and put in specific dates for media tracking, then hit the "analytics" tab to get a wealth of data. I use the "share of voice" and "sentiment" data most often. Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform is great in that it does catch media coverage (sometimes major media coverage from outlets like the Today Show and NBC) that Cision somehow misses - and for that, I'm so grateful.
Sara Sayed | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was looking for a full-service option. I did some research. What really sold me was the presentation. They offered products that were helpful, and I wasn’t even aware of them. It is more expensive than the other products that are out there, but you get more. The other companies are good, but Meltwater Media Intelligence is more full service.
Kristen M. Kirst | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater is our primary tool, however, we have engaged TVEyes as broadcast media has not been a strength of Meltwater. We would love to see that change and use Meltwater for all needs.
December 12, 2021

Jordan's Meltwater Review

Jordan Wilhelmi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater is a do-everything platform so it automatically ranks above these two programs. That said, due to these two programs focusing on both incredibly thorough reporter contact databases and tv/radio monitoring, their specialties are reliable when needed.
October 18, 2021

Good Value for the Price

Jenna Carpentier | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cision and LexisNexis are better for accessing articles behind paywalls. I've found that social-specific tools like Sprout Social or Sprinklr seem to be better for monitoring social media mentions. However, Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform may have upped its "social game" since I first tried their social tool capabilities a year ago. I'm not sure how great platforms like Cision and LexisNexis are with tracking print media, but I've had talks with LexisNexis before, and they've said that it is one of their capabilities. On another note, the PR firm FleishmanHillard offers print media tracking and digital media monitoring as a paid service if that's something you're interested in. That's what we ended up doing.
[In my opinion,] Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform]'s media database simply doesn't stack up to what Cision offers. It doesn't matter how nice the interface is if the data included in the database you're pulling from isn't complete or well organized. Cision can be clunky, but it works. Winner: Cision. In terms of media monitoring, Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] has nice reporting features, but it's far behind Critical Mention when it comes to finding the coverage you generate. Winner: Critical Mention. In terms of doing business with the company, [I feel] Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform comes in dead last compared to everyone else. This is mostly because of [in my opinion,] the awful experience their salespeople bring to bear.
Aaron Metcalfe | TrustRadius Reviewer
Crayon [Intel Pro] is slightly better, but not by much. If you are set on using a service like this, I'd choose it, but Crayon [Intel Pro] is more expensive. [In my opinion, it is] best to use an intern [where] you can target their efforts, not some hit-and-miss AI program.
We've used Cision [PRWeb] for their media database for a long time, and then we've used TrendKite for media tracking [and] reporting, as well. While we're new to [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform], [concerning] media tracking [and] reporting, it seems to be as good or better than what we've used previously. And if we do encounter any issues, I will say that the [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] customer service team has been very responsive and easy to work with. I would say that the media database that we've used so far has been as good as previous products. It is cumbersome, but it does appear to be a good database, and I hope that it will become easier to work with as we have the product for a longer period of time.
Cision acquired TrendKite which we loved. I was worried that TrendKite would not be supported as well so we switched to Meltwater.

Years ago Meltwater was a fine choice. Now ... it is so bad it's hard to even imagine how they get by with the state of the product and the very bad services they say is included. I REALLY RECOMMEND STAYING AWAY FROM MELTWATER.
Mark Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Mention
Meltwater is a fully reinforced software and its features outweigh the purpose of Mention, but they are similar in that they provide insight into where your brand is being discussed and who is talking about it. I was able to find what I needed out of Mention, within Meltwater, and then some. The only difficult process was nailing down your monitored keywords to yield the proper Content Stream results.
Alexis Ramsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We originally had Salesforce/Radian6 and switched to Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform to align with what other similar brands were using, and because at that time, Salesforce was experiencing technical issues. After a year and a half with Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, we switched back to Salesforce and couldn't be happier. The cost is a minimum $5K cheaper, there are training modules for our team that made set up simple, one on one training available for new hires, and no issues within the first three months so far.
TrendKite is much more flexible with an unlimited amount of dashboards, searches, metrics on a particular dashboard, and more. There are pricing systems with all platforms sure, but to add broadcast is outrageous. Not to mention, their live chat staff has been rude in the past and only sends you to links when you have a question when other platforms offer better customer service.
Jason Mollica | TrustRadius Reviewer
While we use Google and Hootsuite as part of our class education, Meltwater's platform is our go-to every semester. Meltwater provides a dashboard that makes it easy for the new and/or experienced user to understand the data, share it with a class or group, and offers room for growth. While I have enjoyed using Brandwatch in my past classes, I have found Meltwater to be much easier and students/colleagues are able to grasp it without feeling overwhelmed or lost.